April 28, 2024, 08:46:27 PM

Author Topic: Goal cup team from a coaching point of view  (Read 3824 times)

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Goal cup team from a coaching point of view
« on: June 18, 2007, 08:28:34 PM »
Judging our Gold Cup performane our players are starting to understand how this game should be played, knowing that this team was our B team the guys overall  play was not to bad. I see players trying to build up the attack constructively instead of PANICKING.

The big problem though is understanding that there is a fine line between winning and losing and this is where a coach makes the difference.

Examples:
The guys are lost when it comes to playing the off side trap.

A bit more patient when building up the attack.

Strikers need to bring the mids into the attack instead of going it alone to many times and losing possesion

I would agree that the coach does need to be reevaluated although this was a B team but some of his coaching mistake was basic stuff.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Goal cup team from a coaching point of view
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 08:31:27 PM »
interesting points

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 08:43:09 PM »
Judging our Gold Cup performane our players are starting to understand how this game should be played, knowing that this team was our B team the guys overall  play was not to bad. I see players trying to build up the attack constructively instead of PANICKING.

The big problem though is understanding that there is a fine line between winning and losing and this is where a coach makes the difference.

Examples:

Strikers need to bring the mids into the attack instead of going it alone to many times and losing possesion

I would agree that the coach does need to be reevaluated although this was a B team but some of his coaching mistake was basic stuff.

and the basic mistakes were?

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 08:57:18 PM »
As mention in the (examples) I can come up with more, but those were just some of the more common ones. I will need to watch the games again of which I can give you more examples.

In the meantine time I have to worry about keeping my own men elite team that I coaches is in 1st  place and also running a technical development programme for 2500 kids. Time only allow me to give a brief update of my country, only because I CARE!!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 09:19:17 PM by Coach »

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 09:00:26 PM »
 ???...ok

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 09:04:40 PM »
ent ah say some ah dat? lawd allyuh read the threads and  folow up nah?

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=28436.msg322640#msg322640

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 05:39:34 AM »
IS It the Coach or the players cant execute. When one lacks fitness , who is to blame. Inexperienced showed as well as Fitness level.
 Quite a few plus marks. Give the Coach his best players and then Evaluate him. Let us be fair to Whim- At that level and with what he had to work with, I am of the view he did well.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 05:48:14 AM »
As mention in the (examples) I can come up with more, but those were just some of the more common ones. I will need to watch the games again of which I can give you more examples.

In the meantine time I have to worry about keeping my own men elite team that I coaches is in 1st  place and also running a technical development programme for 2500 kids. Time only allow me to give a brief update of my country, only because I CARE!!

TI, is that you?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 05:50:01 AM by Bitter »
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2007, 05:53:04 AM »

TI, is that you?

God is de BOSS....

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 06:29:03 AM »

TI, is that you?

God is de BOSS....

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Laaawwwwd fadder all yuh eh easy nah...

Ah love it!!

(c) Andre Samuel
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 06:42:11 AM »

Imposter!!!!! ;) ;) ;)

A man come on here and just because he call himself coach and bigging up himself people must listen ??? ??? ???

So far you really haven't said anything profound.

Must be really TI! ::)
TnT Patriot

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 07:44:52 AM »
IS It the Coach or the players cant execute. When one lacks fitness , who is to blame. Inexperienced showed as well as Fitness level.
 Quite a few plus marks. Give the Coach his best players and then Evaluate him. Let us be fair to Whim- At that level and with what he had to work with, I am of the view he did well.

I think too the execution was more likely the problem than lack of coaching.
It takes a back four some time playing together to be able to execute the offside trap as a unit, and then too you need players who understand it and know when to use it, they need more time together and more games.

I have personally seen Beenie run drills that require the forwards to pass to and involve the mids in the attack, I have not seen a Wim training session, but Im willing to bet anything thats its pretty much the same drills, just different players, so again I think execution and skill level are more of a factor.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 07:51:26 AM »
ent ah say some ah dat? lawd allyuh read the threads and  folow up nah?

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=28436.msg322640#msg322640

This is not about you ABT....

Judging our Gold Cup performane our players are starting to understand how this game should be played, knowing that this team was our B team the guys overall play was not to bad. I see players trying to build up the attack constructively instead of PANICKING.

Examples:

coaching point of view huh? Coulda fooled me...

:-\   
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 08:01:15 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 08:37:52 AM »

Examples:

good thing it have people like to you to point out wim's mistakes otherwise we would be lost with no hope.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007, 09:38:59 AM »
???...ok

I with you on that oui, lol I guess de man mean he too big time fuh queries

I like..."why pardna biggin' up heself like is Worl' Cup he coaching"...and what are some of these 'basic things he mention Wim ent doing?"  ...and if he care so much, why he telling we and not Camps and dem? He need tuh forward dem he CV quick yes.

this was the first thing that pop into my head...no matter what the coach does, it's up to the players on the field to execute. Well one could then say that if his team isn't responding to him then it's time for him to go...but reality doesn't support the claim that they're tuning him out.  Reality is that the players are unfamiliar with each other and lack cohesion...and cohesion is central to the defense more than any other area...especially when it comes to springing the offsides trap.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 10:04:26 AM »
Please keep this in perspective. Wim expected to have a solid side of professionals who can understand and carry out instructions, he wanted a captain with great vision and tactical awareness, but ended up with players far below international standards who quite frankly don't understand how to perform the roles assigned to them.

Professionals just don't need babysitting and hand holding, they train interperet and excecute, making WIM' job easy. ALAS HE GOT NONE OF THOSE THINGS AND WE SIT IN POST MORTEM  WONDERING WHAT HE DID WRONG? (sttteeeuuuppps)

Our players need to step the f$%$ up PRO LEAGUE can take you only so far

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 10:12:11 AM »
Please keep this in perspective. Wim expected to have a solid side of professionals who can understand and carry out instructions, he wanted a captain with great vision and tactical awareness, but ended up with players far below international standards who quite frankly don't understand how to perform the roles assigned to them.
Professionals just don't need babysitting and hand holding, they train interpret and execute, making WIM' job easy. ALAS HE GOT NONE OF THOSE THINGS AND WE SIT IN POST MORTEM  WONDERING WHAT HE DID WRONG? (sttteeeuuuppps)
Our players need to step the f$%$ up PRO LEAGUE can take you only so far
I agree with you and may i suggest yet another view
say Wim was a teacher and was promised A level students and then was given "11 plus" students
How many A levels you think they will get?
Come on fellas, we have to look at this in its proper perspective.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 12:05:47 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline MATADOR

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 10:54:02 AM »

This man is a real prankster yes... comeon here to offer or give an objective point based on what he saw proclaiming he is a coach by the name... yet one simple question he jump on the defensive.. trying to impress somebody here with your special olympics players.. seems like you only care about yourself and if you truly had substance to share you wouldn't throw out there anything that the average viewer couldn't see.

Highlight a flaw within the team in soccer(football) language that from a coach of your expertise (developing a program for 2500 kids can point out) .....Offside and build up is common discussion.. Comeon COACH talk to us like you are infront of the National Team lets here your oh so divine wisdom within the sport.

Educate us...

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 09:31:41 PM »
Matador, the difference between winning and losing at this level is a fine line, as a coach you have to work with your team and make sure that they all are on the same page, you see teams lose games by making silly mistakes, and this is mostly due to a lack of proper prepration and this need to be corrected by the coach on the practice field, if  mistakes are not corrected in practice then they will more that likely happen in a big game and that is a fine line.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 09:40:35 PM »
Matador, the difference between winning and losing at this level is a fine line, as a coach you have to work with your team and make sure that they all are on the same page, you see teams lose games by making silly mistakes, and this is mostly due to a lack of proper prepration and this need to be corrected by the coach on the practice field, if  mistakes are not corrected in practice then they will more that likely happen in a big game and that is a fine line.

there is also fine line between garbage and crap
not sure which side u on with these points of yours

and is days now and yuh cyah edit your title. What is the 'Goal Cup'?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 09:45:03 PM by Filho »

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2007, 09:45:46 PM »
Coach before u start ah tread on this board,always expect  :whip:   :rotfl: wheel and come again .

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2007, 07:36:45 PM »
ey boy DON LEO boy...nice of you to visit  our humble web forum....all the best with poland.....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>