March 29, 2024, 03:56:58 AM

Author Topic: De Player or De Shoes  (Read 4696 times)

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
De Player or De Shoes
« on: June 14, 2007, 11:27:25 PM »
With all de technology going into de construction(weight,comfort,waterproof.interchangeable studs etc)of football cleats(sorry ole timers it's evolved from just full grain leather and some rubber studs ;D) I ask the following questions....

1.Can a player's shoe help/hurt his performance on the field

2.Do you think it's just marketing ploys or do some of these features that are the main selling points for certain football cleats actually work

3.What is/are your favorite player(s) wearing

4.(regardless of what level played) What has been your favorite pair(s) of football cleats to date

« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 11:29:06 PM by #8 »

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: De Player or De Shoes
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 06:39:15 AM »
1. Definitely, players have different shape feet, arches etc. Different cleats just have different levels of comfort according to the type of feet you have, the way you run etc. Personal preference...we all learn have a preference for how we like the ball to feel on our feet when we strike it..Different shoes give have different sensitivity, and different level of give. Some of it is psychological. Weather condiitons are probably the most obvious example tho..as weather dictate which shoes you'll wear for maximum performance.

2. A little of both. I think marketing is huge...but i think predator technology is for real. There are other..a lot of boots are shifting the laces to the side so you have a larger instep surface and I prefer the way those feel. A lot of it is psychological. In the end..a great player will play great in any boots that feel relatively comfortable.

3. I doh really study them things again. As a youth Careca used to wear Mizuno. Always wanted one but they weren't too popular in T&T at the time.

4. Most recently, Puma Kings..all black. Great boots. Old school look. Also liked the original Nike Air Zooms.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 07:31:06 AM »

I think field conditions dictate what boots yu wear.  If it wet and grass kinda high, den yu wear on type of boots, if it dry and grass low, den yu wear another kinda etc.  Dias why yu does see players changing dey boots within de first 10 or 15 min. of a game.  Some boots claim to be all weather but rarely you could find a boots dat yu really could use in any condition. 

2.Do you think it's just marketing ploys or do some of these features that are the main selling points for certain football cleats actually work

Yeah I think it is both, although de makers test de hell out of a boots yu never know what will happen in a game.  I think dat dey design a boots for a specific player (eg, C. Ronaldo) and when he use de boots and de makers see dat it working for him and he doing all kind ash*t dey market de hell out of it, but dat same boots cah produce de same effects lets say if I wear it.  If you’re a good player yu good, but no boots can make yu a good player or smart player, dat comes with experience imo.

Most of the players I liked to watch back in de 80’s and 90’s Zico, Falcao, Socrates, either had on adidas or puma.  

4.(regardless of what level played) What has been your favorite pair(s) of football cleats to date

Samba’s were my favs, but I have a special place for the Nike 90 360 line. 
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 11:12:34 AM »

I think field conditions dictate what boots yu wear.  If it wet and grass kinda high, den yu wear on type of boots, if it dry and grass low, den yu wear another kinda etc.  Dias why yu does see players changing dey boots within de first 10 or 15 min. of a game.  Some boots claim to be all weather but rarely you could find a boots dat yu really could use in any condition. 

Dat is only part of the equation tho'...that more dealing with what kinda cleats. Def. worth mentioning but kinda obvious. I think he trying to dig into whether the fit / brand / technology etc could help your performance

Offline Swomp

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 11:39:37 AM »
1. yeah..

2. some r jus marketing(spikes on d predator), some r useful(better touch with kangaroo leather)

3. Adidas,Puma

4. COPA MUNDIAL hands down

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 11:54:30 AM »
1. yeah..

2. some r jus marketing(spikes on d predator), some r useful(better touch with kangaroo leather)

3. Adidas,Puma

4. COPA MUNDIAL hands down

well said.. Copa is the best yuh could buy.....but yuh must have some kind skill to put it on...
I think is a metal ting to... you maybe a good player but when you put on a so called "bess boots" that confidence boost may help you.

But as somebody said.. when yuh good yuh good, no matter what boots yuh have on...

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 12:40:15 PM »
1.I think it can help and also i think it can hurt(also alot depends on de position de player plays..in my opinion defenders shouldn't wear vapours or cleats that are too light cause more times playing their position requires being very physical(50-50 balls etc) and these cleats don't offer very much support) also  you have to know what cleat may best suit you as a player..whether you have wide feet,high arc etc etc

2.I think marketing plays a part but i honestly think that some of these sport companies are genuinely trying to meet the needs of their endorsed/sponsored athlethes which in turn benefits the average consumer

3.Nike

4.The old tiempo series from nike,the first predators (with rubber grips all around),the vapour/talaria series and most recently The Total 90 Laser(basically it's nike's version of the predator)

http://www.nike.com/index.jhtml?l=nikestore,home#l=nikestore,grid,_pdp,cid-1/gid-142529/pid-142531,_grid,f-10002+12001+4294967196&re=US&co=US&la=EN

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 01:46:27 PM »
1. Can a player's shoe help/hurt his performance on the field

I think so. I think its somewhat psychological. If you're uncomfortable and your focus shifts to the discomfort of your boots, your concentration on the game will be thrown be off.

2. Do you think it's just marketing ploys or do some of these features that are the main selling points for certain football cleats actually work

Mixture of both.

3. What is/are your favorite player(s) wearing

Adidas

4. (regardless of what level played) What has been your favorite pair(s) of football cleats to date

Predator Mania

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 01:53:47 PM »
With all de technology going into de construction(weight,comfort,waterproof.interchangeable studs etc)of football cleats(sorry ole timers it's evolved from just full grain leather and some rubber studs ;D) I ask the following questions....

yes

both

adidas some'n

copas

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 01:59:00 PM »
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 02:13:41 PM by Dr. Strange »
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 02:11:55 PM »

yes

both

adidas some'n

copas

Just hit a toe-pee wid a bata bullet yes...what more yuh want

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 03:26:02 PM »
The shoes don't matter. If a player is superstitious then the shoes matter. But I must say I dislike the coloured boot. For me, Mostly black or dark blue. No yellow, red, green.......

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2007, 04:30:39 PM »
1  Its all about comfort. so yes...

2 both.....These days, nobody wants a regular kangaroo leather boots....off centre lacing, control grips...etc..are what sells....(even though I dont feel the difference)...

3  Nike

4   Nike Tiempo Air Legends.....gonna get d Nike Lasers this season though... ;)

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 11:11:39 PM »

2 both.....These days, nobody wants a regular kangaroo leather boots....off centre lacing, control grips...etc..are what sells....(even though I dont feel the difference)...

3  Nike

4 Nike Tiempo Air Legends......gonna get d Nike Lasers this season though...

hurry and get dem Jay10..from a comfort standpoint it's equivalent to playing in a pair of air max 360's....the padding in the heel and sole are simply amazing...plus there is a colourway in T&T national flag colours ;)....i have the yellow with black and the T&T flag clourway..My favourite shoes to this day

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2007, 05:20:40 PM »

3  Nike

4 Nike Tiempo Air Legends......gonna get d Nike Lasers this season though...

hurry and get dem Jay10..from a comfort standpoint it's equivalent to playing in a pair of air max 360's....the padding in the heel and sole are simply amazing...plus there is a colourway in T&T national flag colours ;)....i have the yellow with black and the T&T flag clourway..My favourite shoes to this day

4 sure..

Startin college dis year so I was trying to get the adidas tunit trinidad upper...but i aint gettin that at all...

But i definetly gonna get those lasers....dunno which colour yet  tho... ;)

1]; } ?>