March 28, 2024, 05:15:40 AM

Author Topic: Noreiga Discharged !  (Read 2423 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Noreiga Discharged !
« on: June 15, 2007, 04:21:56 AM »
Noreiga Discharged !
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

National Team defender Anthony Noreiga was discharged from the Habour UCLA Medical Center on Thursday after being warded there since Saturday following his head injury sustained against the United States in Los Angeles, California.
Noreiga, who sustained a brain contusion in the CONCACAF Gold Cup fixture, improved considerably over the past two days, according the T&T Team Doctor Terence Babwah.
“Noreiga has improved considerably over the last 2 days to the point that he was seen and discharged from hospital today. He was a bit confused over the last 2 days stating inappropriate events and he had some delusions about the hospital,” Babwah said in a statement to TTFF Media.
“Today (Thursday) he had less delusions and walked comfortably around the ward. His mother was around him today. The attending neurosurgeon cleared him to fly home and continue treatment home.”
However, Noreiga’s mother felt more comfortable with her son spending a couple extra days and he will now return home on Monday. TTFF Special Advisor Jack Warner will cover the cost of the three extra nights for the player and his mother.
Upon arrival in Trinidad, he will be seen and treated by doctors in Trinidad and receive physiotherapy there after.
Babwah also wished to clear the air on a media report carried on local radio station 91.9 fm which stated that Noreiga was not sufficiently taken care of by TTFF officials since his injury.
“Sam Phillip and I visited Noreiga twice daily from Sunday to Tuesday. He was in ICU for 2 days and had limited visitors. He moved to a step down ward on Monday with limited visitors and to a general ward on Tuesday with unlimited visitors. He was only allowed food and drink on Tuesday night. On Wednesday, we visited until 1pm and was due to return to visit after picking up his Mom at 6:55pm at the airport. Due to inclement weather in Miami, she didn't arrive until 2:30am this morning June 14th.
“Some Trinis were able to visit him and not seeing us yesterday evening he thought that we went to Boston and left him alone. He was confused and so wouldn't know how many times we visited him. He even had to be restrained to the bed. We didn't get to return with his toiletries on Wednesday night. These “trinis” called the radio station and complained bitterly about him being abandoned by the TTFF without knowing exactly what was happening,” Babwah added.
One individual even called the Trinidad and Tobago Embassy to complain.
“I got an update daily from his doctors and so had all the necessary information. There were records that we visited every day- so there were unfounded complaints,” Babwah concluded.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 09:06:21 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Noreiga Dischared !
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 04:47:52 AM »
Great News,
but I really hope that the "Special Advisor" dont deduct the Hospital costs from his Stipend, eh ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Noreiga Dischared !
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 05:34:48 AM »
Great News,
but I really hope that the "Special Advisor" dont deduct the Hospital costs from his Stipend, eh ;)

good one... :rotfl:
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Noreiga Discharged !
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 06:37:36 AM »
Why does Jack Warner have to pay for everything

TTFF aint have no contingency plan for these kind of issues.

Good thing Jack have money and well known.

He must be call Simpauls and say.

I sending Noreiga Mother down by the office alyuh give she a ticket she could go and check she son.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 07:00:13 AM »

I sending Noreiga Mother down by the office alyuh give she a ticket she could go and check she son.
my take on things is that ALL money that is for the TTFF goes to Mr Warner first and then he passes on what he thinks is appropriate to the TTFF.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 07:05:56 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 07:34:32 AM »

That is how Jack's cost remains covered. Allyuh doh see that when he say he covering the bill, he still making money?!?!?? D man have every base covered.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 08:58:14 AM »
National Team defender Anthony Noreiga was discharged from the Habour UCLA Medical Center on Thursday after being warded there since Saturday following his head injury sustained against the United States in Boston.
I did not know we played the US in Boston, and ah only went the T&T vs Guatemala game. and ahh cyah believe after de head injury de man get dey fly him to LA.  ::)

::)

Offline Dr. Rat

• Licks Pass!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 09:07:12 AM »
It is my understanding that when a player in injured while playing on national duty, all costs associated with injury will be covered by Concacaf.  Concacaf can either bill TTFF or absort the cost.
PNM in yuh mudda-in-law

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 09:30:15 AM »
National Team defender Anthony Noreiga was discharged from the Habour UCLA Medical Center on Thursday after being warded there since Saturday following his head injury sustained against the United States in Boston.
I did not know we played the US in Boston, and ah only went the T&T vs Guatemala game. and ahh cyah believe after de head injury de man get dey fly him to LA.  ::) ::)
proof reading is an art my friend ;D ;D
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 09:40:55 AM »
I did not know we played the US in Boston, and ah only went the T&T vs Guatemala game. and ahh cyah believe after de head injury de man get dey fly him to LA.  ::) ::)
proof reading is an art my friend ;D ;D

congratulations, you have now made 4200 posts and have yet to contribute one insightful or meaningful one  :applause:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 06:48:32 PM »
Did I not say that jack go say he pick up the bill. AS th eman say FIFA pays Jack. Jack keeps money and throw we some scrums and say he spend he money.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>