April 26, 2024, 11:52:40 AM

Author Topic: Sunderland Sign Forlan..Offical!  (Read 1573 times)

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Sunderland Sign Forlan..Offical!
« on: June 15, 2007, 03:27:50 PM »
Roy Keane astounds the footballing world with new signing. Relegation haunted Sunderland have completed the transfer of Pablo Forlan for a fee of £2 million. Forlan, 61, is the father of Diego Forlan who still hopes to move to a genuine Premiership club. Relegation haunted Sunderland have completed the transfer of Pablo Forlan for a fee of £2 million. Forlan, 61, is the father of Diego Forlan who still hopes to move to a genuine Premiership club.

Roy Keane has opted for experience in signing the veteran Uruguayan defender, who featured in the 1966 and 1974 World Cup competitions, and sees him as a replacement for Jonny Evans who, very sensibly, decided not to return to the club. Forlan is looking forward to the new challenge.

"I was initially reluctant to resume my career overseas, as I can`t speak English" he said through an interpreter, "but from what I`ve been told, no one in Sunderland can either."

Forlan will now receive instruction in the ancient local dialect, which consists mainly of grunts, hand signals and expletives. His ambitions are modest.

"I realise that there`s no chance of winning anything, but I`ll be very pleased to help the club in their fight against relegation," he said.

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
Re: Sunderland Sign Forlan..Offical!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 03:38:57 PM »
 :rotfl: ;D The headline catch meh deh allyuh men good yes!!!!
All American

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 03:42:55 PM »
WTF is jokes day awa lol   first me with Henry sins for Spurs and now this lol

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 03:48:17 PM »
I forgot to say congrats to sunderland on a great signing, Saying that forlan ''has bags of experience'' is surely a benefical understatement

1]; } ?>