April 27, 2024, 12:52:09 PM

Author Topic: L.A GALAXY VS CHELSEA  (Read 18896 times)

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Re: L.A GALAXY VS CHELSEA
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2007, 07:42:48 AM »
Just some observstions:

Posh Beckham is get on like she is the queen or something wit she skrawny backside, Becks go have nuff ting to look at now that he in the states

LA Galaxy were outclassed by Chelsea, who were playing in second gear and still rusty up front.

Xavier was the best thing on the field for Galaxy

Donovan was bearly noticeable save for the one header he got

Becks did not really make a difference- Chelsea still dominated

Americans think he is the Maradonna of his time and that he will score many goals- yeaah right

The media hype was a overbearing

Much respect to Beckham I think he is a great player but I feel it was a mistake to come to Galaxy, he should have gone back to the premiere League

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2007, 08:51:48 AM »
Somehow, "the potential to earn $250 million" and "mistake" just doh belong in the same thought. Becks in he 30s.
Toujour Pret!

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2007, 09:25:39 AM »
Somehow, "the potential to earn $250 million" and "mistake" just doh belong in the same thought. Becks in he 30s.

well they are well on there way, because so far they sell 300,000 Beckham juzzy ...and at US 80.00 each dais how much? 24 million and counting....
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2007, 09:28:18 AM »

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2007, 09:30:08 AM »
I cant find the navy and  gold anywhere not really feeling the white shirt but the navy and skyblue is mad but i cant find it anywhereeeeeeeeeeeeee

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2007, 09:31:14 AM »
Nice one there Andre, I was surprised to see how many Chelsea supporters were there

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2007, 09:42:21 AM »
I cant find the navy and  gold anywhere not really feeling the white shirt but the navy and skyblue is mad but i cant find it anywhereeeeeeeeeeeeee

try subside sports online...dey have all de sizes  :beermug:

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2007, 09:59:39 AM »
Nah guys im not talking bout the playing jersey im talking about the Track top that he is wearing in the second picture with the kind of turtle neck finish
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070722/capt.626b63d9de524ca5b07acf0787a3b6c8.chelsea_galaxy_soccer_hdc305.jpg
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 10:06:22 AM by Ngozi »

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2007, 10:16:26 AM »
that is a wicked top.

if the mlsnet.net store eh have it yet, i eh know who will.

give it time.

besides it too damn hot for that now anyway.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2007, 10:22:41 AM »
Anyone heard Murinho comments on FSC post game interview? The man said that Becks not playing with high class players, so he will have to adjust, and that his team mates will learn a lot.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2007, 10:54:10 AM »
At least, if Becks hold true to his word, and becomes "just one of the guys" with his teammates, then even de lil youth who making $17K go get invite (at Beck's house) to events with attendees like Eva Longoria, the Cruises, the Pitts, etc. He probably woulda never get dem chances w/o Becks. Just one ah de perks.
Toujour Pret!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2007, 11:13:13 AM »
At least, if Becks hold true to his word, and becomes "just one of the guys" with his teammates, then even de lil youth who making $17K go get invite (at Beck's house) to events with attendees like Eva Longoria, the Cruises, the Pitts, etc. He probably woulda never get dem chances w/o Becks. Just one ah de perks.

Forget that...at least he would get a lil break from the ramin noodles, mac and cheese he hadda be eating home.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 23, 2007, 12:55:30 PM »
Nah guys im not talking bout the playing jersey im talking about the Track top that he is wearing in the second picture with the kind of turtle neck finish
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070722/capt.626b63d9de524ca5b07acf0787a3b6c8.chelsea_galaxy_soccer_hdc305.jpg
The warm ups...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2007, 12:58:19 PM »
...and dai'z precisely what Becks say he intend.

I have tuh laff too at some of these men who say Becks make ah mistake coming here.  Men like they forget 6 months ago everybody in England was writing him off?  From a footballing standpoint you can't compare playing in MLS to playing in Liverpool or ManU...both of whom had interests, but we don't know what they were offering relative to the $32mil MLS was throwing his way...with a potential to earn up to 6 X that amount when all is said and done.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2007, 01:51:12 PM »
that is a wicked top.

if the mlsnet.net store eh have it yet, i eh know who will.

give it time.

besides it too damn hot for that now anyway.

de ting in your avatar also coasting a wicked top, and certainly not too hot for that now anyway...  ;D

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2007, 01:51:58 PM »
Money talks!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2007, 03:28:39 PM »
At age 32, Beck made the right move. Can he bring LA from the cellar?? That!! I am am not sure about.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2007, 08:28:11 PM »
At age 32, Beck made the right move. Can he bring LA from the cellar?? That!! I am am not sure about.

Pele was unable to get the Cosmos to the championships his first season either.

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2007, 05:49:52 AM »
...and dai'z precisely what Becks say he intend.

I have tuh laff too at some of these men who say Becks make ah mistake coming here.  Men like they forget 6 months ago everybody in England was writing him off?  From a footballing standpoint you can't compare playing in MLS to playing in Liverpool or ManU...both of whom had interests, but we don't know what they were offering relative to the $32mil MLS was throwing his way...with a potential to earn up to 6 X that amount when all is said and done.

Ent!!!!!!!!

Some of dem same men on here, will uproot dey family and move all de way across de country for ah meager 10% pay-raise. And when Becks do it... (for... how much millions again???) men question dat.

Men does forget, after all, football, while is ah game and hobby to us, is business for dem pros. Dat is de man wuk. De man accept ah job way paying him better then he woulda get anyway else. I bet yuh, is nuff other men jealous of Becks contract right now. Yuh know, when I see de reception Becks get before, during and after de game, I was asking myself, I wonder what Terry, Drogba, Lampard, Scheva, and all dem Chelsea big stars thinking? Even if only for de moment.
Toujour Pret!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2007, 06:01:41 AM »
Yuh know, when I see de reception Becks get before, during and after de game, I was asking myself, I wonder what Terry, Drogba, Lampard, Scheva, and all dem Chelsea big stars thinking? Even if only for de moment.
"Shyte, DAT is alot ah Money he making, and de Fete ent looking bad needa" ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2007, 04:21:33 PM »

I think a healthy Becks, Donovan and Pavon(along with the supporting cast) can mash up the MLS.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2007, 09:15:44 AM »
Well Galaxy will be in DC Aug 9 to play DC UNITED so I will try to head out there and watch the Becks live

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2007, 10:16:47 AM »
I didn't read through every single post but anybody think that the fact tha Chelsea didn't absolutely blow out LA (true outplay and 1st game blah, blah blah...) and Everton 2-0 to RSL tell us that the MLS not that bad after all?  Probably a lil notch above English Championship?

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2007, 11:12:06 AM »
« Reply #113 on: Today at 12:16:47 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I didn't read through every single post but anybody think that the fact tha Chelsea didn't absolutely blow out LA (true outplay and 1st game blah, blah blah...) and Everton 2-0 to RSL tell us that the MLS not that bad after all?  Probably a lil notch above English Championship?

I did not watch the RSL game, ,but the game with L.A, Chelsea was strolling in around and not doing much, while L.A was out of breath a lot. The majority of Chelsea ball possession was in the attacking 1/3 just playing the ball around.

There was no comparison between the 2 team. The game against the Korean team Chelsea playued much faster and more attacking. That last game they looked like they just wanted it to be over with. Men pulling out of tackles and not contesting 50/50 balls, in an effort (I believe) to not get injured.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2007, 11:26:57 AM »

Is like comparing barbadine and grugru bef.....It was not even close.... De Galaxy coulda easily collect 6, just imagine Chelsea was doing dey best Barcelona impersonations and one touching de ball up de middle of de park.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2007, 11:46:03 AM »

Dude Galaxy held their ground but it was only because Chelsea was in second gear. I doubt the result would be the same if you were to catch them mid season, Donovan was tie up like a market crab and Essien was a general in the back, they were playing passing games with Glalaxy for most of the evening

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2007, 01:01:11 PM »
I caught most of this game and thankfully I didn't have to subject myself to Wynalda and company. Whatever the state of the American game, the state of the commentary is piss poor. A better model simply has to be found if only involving better analysis.

Who knows? Maybe they did a survey and found that this meets public satisfaction? I doubt it seriously. Anyhow, at the end of the day, the model is targeted to Middle America and not me ... not much different from the evolution of CNN.

Anyone heard Murinho comments on FSC post game interview? The man said that Becks not playing with high class players, so he will have to adjust, and that his team mates will learn a lot.

I didn't catch Mourinho's post-game comments, but Diego Balado (Telefutura) suggested that Mourinho showed a lack of respect for the Galaxy (based on the substitutions). One probably didn't have to look that far beyond his facial expressions to conclude as much. Anyway, Jose certainly seemed contemptuous of the officiating as well.

Abel Xavier ... journeyman player ... another player that can teach the so-called youths ... Wonder how much he's earning with the Galaxy?

Landon D? ... somehow reminds me of Tony Meola ... the strange case of a man honoured in his own land but not abroad.

1]; } ?>