April 25, 2024, 02:47:43 AM

Author Topic: RUMOUR: STERN TO PRESTON  (Read 7970 times)

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
RUMOUR: STERN TO PRESTON
« on: May 27, 2007, 11:27:51 AM »
Sunderland offer John in bid for Preston's Nugent
tribalfooball.com - May 25, 2007

Sunderland are ready to make a cash-plus-player offer for Preston North End striker David Nugent.

The Times says the Black Cats are ready to offer £5m and Stern John in an effort to sign Nugent ahead of a host of Premiership rivals.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=41011

that wud be rel rel disappointin for stern iif it materializes...ah mean d man all excited at ah chance back in d premiership an dey want to throw him bac in d championship....like he on ah sunderland blacklist or somtin...

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Re: RUMOUR: STERN TO PRESTON
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 11:28:51 AM »
LMAO Tribal Football

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 11:36:29 AM »
Nice rumour. Ah bet allyuh dah is jess a piece ah nastiness against de boy. Da website is real fringe ting dread. Ah go do meh research on the more established sites. I eh taking dat jess so. Keano eh movin' so at all. Yuh tink Keano is Scally from Gillingham orwah?
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 12:03:10 PM »
That may be justa  rumor but it would not be a big surprise at all.  We Trinis don't want to accept the fact that Stern is past his prime and has not done much for Sunderland during the lattter part of the season.  Now that they are in the big times, Keane want players that can make an impact and Stern has not been that kind of player recently.  It is my opinion that he sshould not be included in the build up to 2010.  Kenwyne Jones, Scotland, Roberts, Glen, and Sealy should be the younger players invested in for the future, just my opinion!!!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 12:09:46 PM »
Fair point Storeboy. Doh frighten. Sternturninho's days (especially international) will come to an end buh a tink is a bit too premature to say his league days wit a side like Sunlun is over, as Keano jess assess de boy and buy him for a couple years, ent?

When yuh see meh boy read dis thread, he go be fuming, and fuh spite he go ress dong 2, doy doy! in de goal when de season start. Once yuh start doubting de boy he does geh fired up as he start geyyin' flashbacks from de days in Tacarigua and when "Jap" an' dem was wukkin'on his skills.

Yeah, watch him slight. If ah wrong, ah go sadly face de music, accept fate and lobby for a Stern-turn recognition structure so we eh go fuhget.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 12:16:32 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 12:24:50 PM »
That may be justa  rumor but it would not be a big surprise at all.  We Trinis don't want to accept the fact that Stern is past his prime and has not done much for Sunderland during the lattter part of the season.  Now that they are in the big times, Keane want players that can make an impact and Stern has not been that kind of player recently.  It is my opinion that he sshould not be included in the build up to 2010.  Kenwyne Jones, Scotland, Roberts, Glen, and Sealy should be the younger players invested in for the future, just my opinion!!!

Berris in yuh tail!!!  :rotfl:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 03:04:40 PM »

Exactly when was Stern's prime that is now past? ::)
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 01:47:31 AM »

Exactly when was Stern's prime that is now past? ::)

I guess he was referring to 2001-2002, just after the hex, when he buss the 20+ goals in the championship and take Birmingham to the Premiership after they buy him from Nottngham Forest.
Or maybe 2005-2006 where he score 6 goals in 7 games between june and october to get us to the playoffs and then score 11 goals in 22 matches for Coventry in the second half of the season  ::)

Whether or not he being sold to Preston (which i highly doubt, it would make more sense to loan him off in november if he pulling stones in the epl) storeboy being a bit harsh.
Stern played 15 games for sunderland and scored 4 goals and made 2 assists. Considering that in "the latter part of the season" he hardly started and didn't play a full game, its not that bad, especially when you consider that he was the last player to be drafted into a team of strangers and didn't necessarily have the cohesion necessary with his team mates.

There is a difference between not including him in the buildup for 2010 and keeping him out altogether from the WC drive. The second option would be a bad idea until number 14 himself proves us wrong
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 06:31:39 AM »
Pointman questioning stern's prime? steups!

midknight, yuh forget to put de MLS stats!!

Shit league or not, de man scored 50+ goals in 60+ games in de MLS.

ah love it!!

ps: ah feeling a going and wear meh birmingham city "stern 14" today
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 07:07:46 AM »
pointman...pointman...you cant be serious???
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 08:55:32 AM »
He talkin about Trinidad and Tobago's ALL time leading goalscorer not having a prime?? i guess tha's because he was just so good for so many years that it didn't seem like he had peaked until we look at him in the recent past and realise how truly great he was.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Worry-er

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 11:58:37 AM »
I think Stern John is going to do very well in the Premier League as I think he has been waiting for this for a long time.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2007, 06:10:14 PM »
Ah sure the Concacaf teams especially Guatemala Goalie in 2005 eh have them questions ;D
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Roy's £6m Nugent bid
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007, 08:59:03 PM »
David Nugent is close to realising his dream of Premiership football after Sunderland launched a £6million bid to sign him.

Sportsmail can reveal that Sunderland manager Roy Keane has contacted Preston with a partexchange offer involving Stern John.

Keane has yet to receive an official reply but is confident after learning that his is the only bid.

It is understood that, in anticipation of Preston giving their consent for talks to begin, Keane has made plans to meet Nugent in Holland, where he is preparing with England for the Under 21 European Championship.

The 22-year-old striker, capped by Steve McClaren earlier in the season, attracted a failed £6mbid from Sheffield United in January and has been linked repeatedly with his boyhood idols Everton.

But Sunderland look to have the field to themselves, following the Bramall Lane club’s relegation and apparent misgivings at Goodison Park about whether he would fit in alongside Andrew Johnson.

Keane is believed to have offered two other players as part of the package but Trinidad and Tobago striker John is most likely to appeal to Preston manager Paul Simpson.
There may yet be some negotiating over John’s value, as Preston will lose up to 30 per cent of Nugent’s fee under the terms of the deal that took him from Bury to Deepdale in January 2005.

I was not sure if this was posted yet.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Roy's £6m Nugent bid
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 09:12:11 PM »
No it was not ! ..             
Steupssssssssssss this is the ting with sunderland eh  huhhh. They donèt even know what they gonna lose ,by not giving John a shot,he would do just what carlos did for them last season ...they ein t even know,.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 09:28:13 PM »
It is understood that, in anticipation of Preston giving their consent for talks to begin, Keane has made plans to meet Nugent in Holland, where he is preparing with England for the Under 21 European Championship.

The 22-year-old striker, capped by Steve McClaren earlier in the season, attracted a failed £6mbid from Sheffield United in January and has been linked repeatedly with his boyhood idols Everton.

Eh?  ;D

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 09:52:28 PM »
Nevertheless  ,they could trade sumbody else .But they underestimating his potential passion and hunger .Techincally it is a good trade ,but he could be a huge X factor ,and they don t even know it .
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 09:54:56 PM by Quagmire »

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 09:59:20 PM »
ah feelin rel bad fuh stern boy under all da semi-shittyness i relly feel he deserved a shot at d premiership..is like yuh fadda tellin yuh he buyin ah vapors fuh yuh an bring back ah patrick instead..ah mean..football is football eh...buh come nah maaaaaaaaan :'(

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 10:01:26 PM »
ah feelin rel bad fuh stern boy under all da semi-shittyness i relly feel he deserved a shot at d premiership..is like yuh fadda tellin yuh he buyin ah vapors fuh yuh an bring back ah patrick instead..ah mean..football is football eh...buh come nah maaaaaaaaan :'(

That kinda harsh boy.. Ah putting mih cousin on Suicide watch..
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2007, 11:07:59 PM »
stern go back to MLS  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2007, 04:47:34 AM »

Eh?  ;D

You can play in the tournament over the age of 21 if you were 21 or under in the qualifers.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2007, 04:49:56 AM »
stern go back to MLS  :devil:
I remember when I said that and got told off  ;D but I was joking of course

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2007, 06:50:01 AM »

Eh?  ;D

You can play in the tournament over the age of 21 if you were 21 or under in the qualifers.

I figured as much..but still wondered why they call it an Under 21 tournament if you can be 21 in the qualifiers. Should be an Under 22  ;D

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2007, 09:22:56 AM »

Eh?  ;D

I figured as much..but still wondered why they call it an Under 21 tournament if you can be 21 in the qualifiers. Should be an Under 22  ;D
21 and Under?? ;D
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2007, 02:38:41 PM »
Ah know allyuh doh want to hear this but stern didnt do extraordinarily good  at that sunderland and to make the step up Keane has to look at his options ...notice there is no offer of yorke or carlos...if stern keep playing like some of those games i saw him play with sunderland no club will want him

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2007, 03:04:18 PM »
Ah know allyuh doh want to hear this but stern didnt do extraordinarily good  at that sunderland and to make the step up Keane has to look at his options ...notice there is no offer of yorke or carlos...if stern keep playing like some of those games i saw him play with sunderland no club will want him

I think sterns days are numbered as a baller....................

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2007, 03:39:26 PM »
Nah not yet he eh finished he just have to work harder to get into better shape to do what he does and that is finish....!

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2007, 03:53:33 PM »

I don't think so, but he may need to accept the fact that he's only a Championship level player, unless he does something to improve his game.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2007, 09:38:28 AM »

I don't think so, but he may need to accept the fact that he's only a Championship level player, unless he does something to improve his game.

Imagine that eh and people still think this is the best thing T&T have up front,we don't want to try/give a younger person or someone else a chance to prove themselves.
         The thing with Stern is that if he has to last much longer in the game he has to change his position like Yorke did,strikers don't last very long,physically their body's take too much licks,the older you get you get slower loose that sharpness,i will tend to agree with Saga Pinto on this.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2007, 09:59:14 AM »
Stern has a talent that few have.

He can put the ball in the back of the net.  MORE OFTEN THAN NOT.  That ability will not be going away in a hurry.

A lot of people write him off, and the way he plays certainly doesn't endear him to people who like their strikers direct and aggressive and tackling back etc.

But a striker's job is unique.  Often a lonely predator forced to hunt on their own.  Their personality MUST be one where they thrive on adversity because along with the glory when you do well comes great abuse when you don't.  You can't be a weak personality and play striker because when you miss....and you will.....you have to keep confidence in yourself that the next one will go in.

So for all de people writin off de greatest goalscorer T&T has ever produced.....do so at yuh peril.  And even if he has come to the twilight of his career (which I feel he far from)....give him the respect he is DUE.  He has EARNED it!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 01:28:28 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>