April 19, 2024, 06:28:36 PM

Author Topic: Letter from Shaka to Warner sent sunday 17th june  (Read 19280 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Letter from Shaka to Warner sent sunday 17th june
« on: June 18, 2007, 02:07:10 PM »
Dear Mr. Warner,

I am writing to you as President of the newly formed Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT). I and everyone else at FPATT have been occupying ourselves with our launch and the business of representing our general membership. FPATT would like to join you in commending the courageous showing of the young Soca Warriors in this year’s Gold Cup tournament especially in, as you commented, its final drawn match against Guatemala when it played the match with 10 men for all of 58 minutes. It is this same courage that won the hearts of millions around the world at last year’s World Cup. It truly was delightful to witness. They made us all proud.
Your last outburst though has prompted me to write in defense of the characters the most successful team in our nation’s history against your latest slanderous attack.
In response to your latest accusations, it is a person’s human right to legal counsel. Your opposition and the TTFF’s flailing attempts to deny them this right points to stratagem. In all my years as a professional player I have always retained the services of a lawyer to oversee all my negotiations, as I’m sure you have given your many legal incongruities of late. This has never prevented me from entering into talks with anyone. Furthermore these players have always been honoured to wear the red, black and white of Trinidad and Tobago and have never ruled themselves unavailable for national selection as incorrectly suggested. They have always been available to “sit down around a table and talk”, albeit with counsel. Indeed countless efforts to resolve this issue and promote transparency within the national game have seen the TTFF stand steadfast in their intrepidity.
What they are seeking is an impartial ruling as to whether their claim, which they believe they are contractually entitled to, is “remotely justified” (as you put it) or not. You have continually proven yourself heavily biased and opinionated in this matter when in truth, in your capacity as CONCACAF President, you should be the one to advise on the impasse.
The players who represented T&T in the World Cup are all professional footballers; this is their livelihood. This cannot be interpreted as “greed”, or even worse holding anyone “to ransom”. The absurdity of this statement and the blasÈ with which it has been bandied about is beyond me, as it should be to someone in your standing.
This whole episode has shown the importance of a players’ association to the modern game. President Blatter in his recent address to his delegates commented on the efforts FIFA had made “to include players in the decision-making process by signing a memorandum of understanding with FIFPro, the international players’ organization”. The TTFF must now follow FIFA’s lead in recognizing and working with FPATT in an effort to take our game, both at the national and international levels, forward. I look forward to your response.

Yours Sincerely,
Shaka Hislop
President- FPATT
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 05:17:15 AM by Flex »

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Letter from Shaka to Warner sent sunday 17th june
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 02:10:30 PM »
nice letter shaka
but FPATT ah hope shaka tell you is ok to post it

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007, 02:11:33 PM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 02:14:41 PM »
Let we hear his response to this now. it will be very interesting to hear what the TTFF have to say especially Jackular....
All American

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007, 02:17:01 PM »
Yeh yuh beat me too it... i would love to here the response

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 02:18:48 PM »
Good to see FPATT taking the initiative and moving forward with this. It's time for Warner to come clean and separate himself from TTFF and do what the President of CONCACAF should be doing, which is making sure football in the region gets better and are always represented by the best possible footballers in all competition. :applause:  :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 02:31:49 PM »
Let we hear his response to this now. it will be very interesting to hear what the TTFF have to say especially Jackular....

The only way jack might even open dat letter is if he sniff it and smell ah cheque inside...odder wise doh expeck no offical response

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 02:39:29 PM »
 :devil: hehehe d letter start off nice and easy, then he start hitting him for six after d first paragraph  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 02:41:06 PM »
I would like to see this letter issued as a press release to all the major media outlets, well thats that have an interst in the story and would shine some light one it.
Ah sure Gol TV would comment on it, FSC might give it a mention too.
When yuh shine the light, the roaches does run and hide.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 02:51:16 PM »
I applaud the players and FPATT for taking a stand.  However, I believe that the real losers will be the football-loving public of Trinidad and Tobago.  This letter, while it doesn't pull punches in some places, was obviously okayed by a lawyer. 

With this, if Jack does respond, he will do so through his (or the TTFFs) lawyer.

This reeks of a long, drawn out legal process.

Do not be surprised if the team that you saw last week in the Gold Cup is the same one that starts Trinidad and Tobago's World Cup qualifying campaign.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 02:54:28 PM »
what yuh saying? Shaka cyah write like that?
Just kicks. hadda big up the Saints man.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 02:59:07 PM »
Ah tink he hone his writing skills at Howard.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2007, 03:01:25 PM »
I will take a page from TI book and ask why yuh supporting the foreign institutions over the local-based  ;D

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 03:03:57 PM »
FPATT will make it their aim to be as transparent as possible. Obviously, there will be confidential matters that cannot be placed in the public domain, but in most cases FPATT intend to release information as frequently as possible. This letter was released to the press and this site 24 hours after it was sent to Mr Warner.

I asked on this site for any media contacts that you guys may have. I have received some responses, but, please, if you have any contacts, pass them on to me.

Also, it has been decided that I will no longer use the title of Special Adviser to FPATT. This was originally a tongue in cheek title. Now the gloves are coming off, I have been designated International Developmnt Manager. Unfortunately, as I do not receive a salary, there is no pay rise to go with my improved status!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 03:05:15 PM »
I will take a page from TI book and ask why yuh supporting the foreign institutions over the local-based  ;D

Not sure what you meant by this?

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 03:32:07 PM »
First of all Shaka more than has the education to write such a letter.

Secondly if it was OK'd by a lawyer, so what?

FPATT using dey head.

A precedent has been set. The football world, especially the developing countries will be watching.

FPATT is paving the way for the future generation not to get screwed.

Just think if Grenniedge, Fredricks, Garner etc, had had a Player's Union, how much money dey coulda seriously make.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 03:39:18 PM »

At last, people abroad are taking interest. There is an excellent comment about tiny Trinidad bringing forth transparency.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/soccerinsider/

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 04:01:45 PM »
Dear Mr. Warner,
I am writing to you as President of the newly formed Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago (FPATT). I and everyone else at FPATT have been occupying ourselves with our launch and the business of representing our general membership. FPATT would like to join you in commending the courageous showing of the young Soca Warriors in this year’s Gold Cup tournament especially in, as you commented, its final drawn match against Guatemala when it played the match with 10 men for all of 58 minutes. It is this same courage that won the hearts of millions around the world at last year’s World Cup. It truly was delightful to witness. They made us all proud.
Your last outburst though has prompted me to write in defense of the characters the most successful team in our nation’s history against your latest slanderous attack.
In response to your latest accusations, it is a person’s human right to legal counsel. Your opposition and the TTFF’s flailing attempts to deny them this right points to stratagem. In all my years as a professional player I have always retained the services of a lawyer to oversee all my negotiations, as I’m sure you have given your many legal incongruities of late. This has never prevented me from entering into talks with anyone. Furthermore these players have always been honoured to wear the red, black and white of Trinidad and Tobago and have never ruled themselves unavailable for national selection as incorrectly suggested. They have always been available to “sit down around a table and talk”, albeit with counsel. Indeed countless efforts to resolve this issue and promote transparency within the national game have seen the TTFF stand steadfast in their intrepidity.
What they are seeking is an impartial ruling as to whether their claim, which they believe they are contractually entitled to, is “remotely justified” (as you put it) or not. You have continually proven yourself heavily biased and opinionated in this matter when in truth, in your capacity as CONCACAF President, you should be the one to advise on the impasse.
The players who represented T&T in the World Cup are all professional footballers; this is their livelihood. This cannot be interpreted as “greed”, or even worse holding anyone “to ransom”. The absurdity of this statement and the blasÈ with which it has been bandied about is beyond me, as it should be to someone in your standing.
This whole episode has shown the importance of a players’ association to the modern game. President Blatter in his recent address to his delegates commented on the efforts FIFA had made “to include players in the decision-making process by signing a memorandum of understanding with FIFPro, the international players’ organization”. The TTFF must now follow FIFA’s lead in recognizing and working with FPATT in an effort to take our game, both at the national and international levels, forward.
I look forward to your response.

Yours Sincerely,
Shaka Hislop
President- FPATT 

Somebody should send this letter to the express, the guardian,Newsday, tv6, ttt and who ever in the media to show the people that we players trying to solve the problem and is jackass who causing more problems.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2007, 04:15:48 PM »
Good Evening,
                     Jayouth, You said that the football-loving public will suffer. So be it. We suffering years now. We could never have a consistent program. TTFA/TTFF always messing it up. The players of the past have always humbled themselves anytime there was an impasse with money or better playing conditions. And now we have the same situation. If TTFF think they can use that team to qualify, well let them go ahead. We probbaly will we watching JA playing in SA.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2007, 04:43:52 PM »

This is an bad joke about a long-running discussion in this forum about the abilities of the foreign-based players vs those who are local. In this case we're comparing whether Shaka got his writing skills in CIC, or Howard.  No big deal.

As for Jayouth comment. This dispute will be drawn out as long as the TTFF wants it to be. The ball is, and has been in their court. If professionals in any sport always conceded because the public would suffer, none of them would be making any real money right now.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2007, 05:17:25 PM »
nuff respect to shaka & FPATT.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2007, 05:25:27 PM »
All the best to FPATT and all who are involved. Hopefully this is the First step in coming to a Mutual agreement.

At last, people abroad are taking interest. There is an excellent comment about tiny Trinidad bringing forth transparency.
and on another point, Mr Fpatt, this article has a mistake in the first sentence, that from the start gives all who read it the wrong slant on the story.
"The war of words between Trinidad and Tobago's veteran players and the country's leadership ??? continues."
as we, who are here, know it is NOT between the players and the country leaders.
So we continue to have erroneous information being put out there that may slow the momentum in the player's cause.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 05:32:55 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2007, 05:28:44 PM »
A solid letter, tactful, to the point with a few jabs in the ribs....... my kinda fight...nicely done shaka

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2007, 05:35:17 PM »
#1 lesson in negotiation- Refrain from using any language that may cause the counterparty to become defensive- A negotiation is not a debate/argument. It's almost the complete opposite.

I fear that JW's attitude toward reaching a happy median could possibly take a turn for the worse after reading some of the language in there....My hope is that he's a bigger man than that  :-\

Good job nevertheless and all the best to FPATT...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2007, 05:37:37 PM »
All the best to FPATT and all who are involved. Hopefully this is the First step in coming to a Mutual agreement.

and on another point, Mr Fpatt, this article has a mistake in the first sentence, that from the start gives all who read it the wrong slant on the story.
"The war of words between Trinidad and Tobago's veteran players and the country's leadership ??? continues."
as we, who are here, know it is NOT between the players and the country leaders.
So we continue to have erroneous information being put out there that may slow the momentum in the player's cause.

Thats the problem with the press. you send them a statement and they still misquote you! More importantly, people abroad are finding out whats happening. Once people across the world start to get on the case, theres more chance of a result.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2007, 05:43:38 PM »
Thats the problem with the press. you send them a statement and they still misquote you! More importantly, people abroad are finding out whats happening. Once people across the world start to get on the case, theres more chance of a result.
yes of course
and maybe in the future the content of communication with Mr. Warner would be in line with what Kicker has mentioned.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2007, 05:56:28 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2007, 05:57:53 PM »
#1 lesson in negotiation- Refrain from using any language that may cause the counterparty to become defensive- A negotiation is not a debate/argument. It's almost the complete opposite.

I fear that JW's attitude toward reaching a happy median could possibly take a turn for the worse after reading some of the language in there....My hope is that he's a bigger man than that  :-\

Good job nevertheless and all the best to FPATT...

While you at it....you could hope berris and disgruntled agree about stern.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2007, 06:00:18 PM »

This is an bad joke about a long-running discussion in this forum about the abilities of the foreign-based players vs those who are local. In this case we're comparing whether Shaka got his writing skills in CIC, or Howard.  No big deal.

As for Jayouth comment. This dispute will be drawn out as long as the TTFF wants it to be. The ball is, and has been in their court. If professionals in any sport always conceded because the public would suffer, none of them would be making any real money right now.

The man keeping it local. When I was at Howard we used to call it UWI DC. Out of approximately 11,000 students there were about 470 Trinis and a lot of the staff from the Caribbean.

On to the matter at hand. I think this letter should have been addressed to who ever over Jack. Valid points were made. He is the President of Concacaf and I have read quotes from Jack that acknowledge that the TTFF made a deal with the players.  Since it is claimed that he was the one who made the agreement it would be a conflict of interest if he adjudicates over the matter. This should be raised with FIFA as well. (Realistically though if it comes to that one of Jack boys will come down.)

I was under the impression that it is the transparency of the books and allocations of how it would be  or was spent in question. These are some of the questions that cross my mind:
 Didn't FPATT ask for an independent Accountant?
 Who paying for the independent Accountant?
 Is the TTFF a non profit organization and does it have to account to the Inland Revenue?
 Can an individual from the TTFF be tried for fraud without having FIFA implications?
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2007, 07:05:38 PM »
the ticket scandal...where he eventually had to pull back the wording of the exclusivity of the simpauls package was a small victory and shows that jack can't be bold facedly above the law.  Lets all as fans take this opportunity to keep at it and make sure that we push jack far far into a corner where he cyah bold facedly exploit us again...make him feel he better off jus leaving T&T football alone to preserve he sanity.  Everybody mobilize!

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2007, 07:39:52 PM »
good job FPATT. Nice letter Shaka.... If all did bury dey head then we woulda all been dead. Thanks for standing up for De TnT professional sportsman or woman because as a think Deeks say.. we been humble for too long. So it is time to stand up....
Warren N. Boucaud

1]; } ?>