July 27, 2024, 08:54:32 AM

Author Topic: Noreiga making steady progress  (Read 8068 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Noreiga making steady progress
« on: June 13, 2007, 12:59:48 PM »
Noreiga making steady progress.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

National defender Anthony Noreiga has made steady progress since being warded at the Harbour UCLA Hospital after suffering a brain contusion in the first half of Trinidad and Tobago’s 2-0 loss to the USA in Los Angeles last Saturday.
Noreiga, of  bMobile Joe Public went down in the 14th minute following a clash with two players and had to be rushed to hospital where two CT scans revealed he suffered bruising and bleeding to the front of the brain.
Since being warded in intensive care unit since Saturday, TTFF Media can now reveal that Noreiga has made great progress over the past three days.
From being unconscious during the first day, he is now sitting up, talking, following commands, has good memory of events in the past like phone numbers and the events of  T&T’s first match against EL Salvador. He also spoke to his wife and brother on Tuesday and is aware that his teammates have a game against Guatemala. He is not yet walking around and team doctor Terrence Babwah will remain in LA until hospital doctor discharges him and allows him to fly back to Trinidad accompanied by Babwah and Sam Phillip.
The 25-year-old player has played seven times for T&T and is a former member of American A-League team Vancouver Whitecaps as well as George Mason University, Princes Town and Pleasantville Senior Comprehensive. He is currently signed to Pro League champions B Mobile Joe Public.
Update on Anthony Noreiga.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Since the injury suffered by National Senior Team player Anthony Noreiga during the Gold Cup first round game against the USA on June 9, several versions of his condition and treatment have surfaced, some of which are quite misleading.
In the interest of setting the record straight, the Trinidad and 'Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) felt it necessary to release pertinent details of a report jointly prepared by team manager Joseph Sam Phillip and Dr Terence Babwah, who accompanied the local squad during its Gold Cup campaign.
Mr Noreiga suffered injury to the head, later diagnosed as a cerebral contusion. From June 9 to June 14 he was an in-patient at the Harbor UCLA Trauma Hospital, beginning with admission to the ICU from June 9, then transfer to a step-down ward (both of which limited visitors) and eventually, on June 12, he was relocated to a regular ward where visiting regulations were relaxed.
Because Dr Babwah and Mr Phillip considered the nature of the sustained injury serious enough, these officials stayed in Los Angeles with Mr Noreiga while the rest of the team traveled to Boston for their final game versus Guatemala .
On June 14, Mr Noreiga was discharged from hospital in stable condition and the attending neurosurgeon declared him fit for air travel to return home. Mr Noreiga was advised that, for some time to come he might experience certain symptoms and, due to the delicate nature of his condition, doctors could not fix a precise time-frame for complete recovery.
He was advised to commence a rehabilitation programme, which could be effectively administered in Trinidad . This was all done in the presence of Mr Phillip and Dr Babwah, who visited Mr Noreiga twice daily from June 10 to June 12. On the night of June 12, after visiting he was, for the first time since being admitted, allowed food and medication via mouth.
On Wednesday June 13, Mr Phillip and Dr Babwah visited with Mr Noreiga until 1 pm and, as usual, got a medical update from attending doctors and, at every sequence, informed his wife of progress. The officials left early to go to the airport to pick up Mr Noreiga's mother, whose flight was scheduled to arrive shortly before 7 pm that evening, en route from Miami .
The plan was to take her directly from the airport to his bedside and drop off a fresh supply of toiletries at that time. Mr Phillip and Dr Babwah arrived at the airport about 15 minutes before the originally scheduled touchdown time, only to discover that bad weather at Miami delayed the flight until 2 am on June 14. They stayed the distance and picked her up, but could not return to the hospital at that time; even to drop off the toiletries (nurses advised they would take care of that detail overnight).
On Thursday June 14, Mr Phillip, Dr Babwah and Mr Noreiga's mother visited with him from 10am until 5pm when he was discharged. It should be noted that, upon hearing of the accident, Mr Noreiga's mother had approached the TTFF expressing a desire to visit her son, although she was without a US visa.
The TTFF intervened asking the US Embassy for assistance and they responded magnificently. The Federation supplied Mr Noreiga's mother with the necessary airline tickets. She said she would be staying at the home of her sister in Los Angeles but, on the day before her arrival there, Mr Phillip received information that she would need a hotel room. The Federation also supplied hotel accommodation and a substantial per diem.
Mr Noreiga was officially discharged from hospital in time to travel home in first-class seating with Mr Phillip and Dr Babwah on June 15, the latter strongly recommended by medical personnel at the hospital, but his mother asked that they be allowed to stay for a few more days. The officials retained their original travel dates, while  mother and son were then booked to begin their travel home on June 18; with the Federation underwriting the additional time and enhancing the per diem.
Dr Babwah has made it absolutely clear that every aspect of Mr Noreiga's follow-up Medicare could be effectively administered in Trinidad.

Sincerely,
Richard Groden
General Secretary
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 09:51:49 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Noreiga making stead progress
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 01:13:28 PM »
Real good to hear.

Wishing you a complete and speedy recovery Anthony!  All de bess!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 01:33:12 PM »
I really hope he recovers fully.

With regards to football, will this make him tentative about challenging for headers now?  It happens quite often that players come back tentative after a serious injury.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 01:45:33 PM »
I really hope he recovers fully.

With regards to football, will this make him tentative about challenging for headers now?  It happens quite often that players come back tentative after a serious injury.

Might take a while, but if he's a true professional he'll be fine- Cech didn't miss a step coming back into it...though he does wear that headgear- arguably still the best keeper in the world.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 06:24:38 PM »
All we have to say thank God the incident did not happy in sweet TNT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 06:33:05 PM »
Get well soon and come back better than ever bredda aight.  Don't be afraid to get back into the game with the intensity that you had before.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 07:08:56 PM »
i thought it was marvin lee all over again
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 08:02:59 PM »
I was thinking the same thing about Marvin Lee. Funny thing, while Noreiga was on the ground they flash the camera on the US bench. And there was Beasely on the bench. If I remember correctly, Marvin and Damarcus collided and that was the end for Marvin. Real sad. Hope he recovers without any proble. God Bless.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 08:09:30 PM »
If I remember correctly, Marvin and Damarcus collided and that was the end for Marvin.
Nah, Marvin collided wit Landon Donovan.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline trinikid

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 09:43:39 PM »
i listen 91.9 fm they had noriega on the phone he say the manager come and see him in the hospital twice he feeling stranded he in hearing nothing all he hear is yuh mother coming just now from the manager right now is strangers taking care of the youth.  Listen warrior princess show int he morning they will have more on the story Blessss

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 10:03:20 PM »
i listen 91.9 fm they had noriega on the phone he say the manager come and see him in the hospital twice he feeling stranded he in hearing nothing all he hear is yuh mother coming just now from the manager right now is strangers taking care of the youth.  Listen warrior princess show int he morning they will have more on the story Blessss

say it is'nt sooo !

Offline trinikid

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 07:12:38 AM »
boy it sad to hear that they had d man live on the phone he sound real shaky since saturday he waiting they tell him he moms comin  he stress on the fact that sam phillips come see him two times in even bring he bag of clothes  nothing

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 07:24:11 AM »
I really can't believe that Sam and Babwah treating the man so. Anyway, let's keep praying for a full and speedy return to action
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2007, 02:15:15 PM »
GOOD NEWS MAN!! Have ah speedy recovery muh Lion....Blessings Flow on u & yuh famz!!
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2007, 06:06:01 PM »
anyone have a brief story on Marvin?? I dont know the full story

Offline bachanal.com

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Bachanal.com
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2007, 06:09:08 PM »
Latest update:

He may be released tonight or tomorrow
"Yes I was born for the fetin, yes I was born for the sweatin"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 06:20:16 PM »

He became parlayzed after colliding with Landon Donovan in an U-20 World Cup Qualifier in 2001. He subsequently died in 2003.

News on Marvin Lee
Tribute to Tranquil Warrior - Marvin Lee (1981 - 2003)
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 06:28:46 PM »

He became parlayzed after colliding with Landon Donovan in an U-20 World Cup Qualifier in 2001. He subsequently died in 2003.

News on Marvin Lee

Thanks

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2007, 07:45:50 PM »
So all d big news that the players eh get they stipe (because with Jack I sure it eh ah stipend) becasue he stay back with Norega. He visit the man twice. I suspect he spendin the players stipe
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2007, 07:46:00 PM »

News on Marvin Lee
Ah was watching the game and notice that Landon DOnovan was observing very closely as Noriega was being attended.  I wondered at the time what he was thinking!  Anybody know whether he made any comments in the post game press conference?  The commentators did not even metion the Mrvin Lee issue.  I guess very few even remebered that incident.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 07:51:46 PM »
They don't know about the Marvin Lee incident.

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2007, 07:54:38 PM »

News on Marvin Lee
Ah was watching the game and notice that Landon DOnovan was observing very closely as Noriega was being attended.  I wondered at the time what he was thinking!  Anybody know whether he made any comments in the post game press conference?  The commentators did not even metion the Mrvin Lee issue.  I guess very few even remebered that incident.

The way it worked was that the losing coach went first followed by the winning coach and the player of the game.  That game it was Ching.
We missed Wim by the time we made it downstairs, Bradley and Ching did not mention it
the only way to ask players individual questions was during the mix zone when they passed the media section.  This was done most of the time during the press conference so you had to be in one place or the other, we were in the press conference so missed the players.

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2007, 08:14:22 PM »
Latest update:

He may be released tonight or tomorrow

aye, thanks for the updates
Nice of you guys to check in on him and visit to cheer him up

Offline bachanal.com

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Bachanal.com
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2007, 11:09:48 AM »
ha, I can't take credit for that.......we didnt' visit yet......

Some friends spoke to him on the phone.

I think they are planning to swarm his place tonight....

Offline bachanal.com

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Bachanal.com
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2007, 11:56:52 AM »
Update:

For those on the West Coast.
A group of fans will be visiting Anthony tomorrow at 2pm @ the Double Tree Hotel.

If a big group shows up, there is a bar area downstairs which leads to the pool/patio area......

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2007, 04:03:38 PM »

News on Marvin Lee

I noticed he also hung around after he brought down Williams:

Offline bachanal.com

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Bachanal.com
Re: Noreiga making steady progress
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2007, 10:46:00 PM »
So some friends showed up on Saturday and when they called Noreiga's mom, she said someone advised her not to see them because he/she don't want her talking to the press.......(like they were press......hahah). 

Anyway it seemed understandable, so the LA souvenirs bought for Anthony were left at the front desk.

Hope he got them eventually.  I think him and his mom will be flying out today or tomorrow so he can receive further treatment in TNT.....I've been hearing that he is still having fainting spells (haven't seen it myself but two sources said the same thing)......hope he has a safe trip back.

In the meantime, this little "cheer brigade" threw myself and another friend in the middle of "he say/she say" regarding this whole situation.  All i know is we both have NO SAY...............haha

Real bacchanal .........let's just say SPORTS BACCHANAL beat FETE BACCHANAL any day.

I wish all parties involved the best and especially Mr. Noreiga a speedy recovery.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2007, 02:51:56 PM »
So some friends showed up on Saturday and when they called Noreiga's mom, she said someone advised her not to see them because he/she don't want her talking to the press.......(like they were press......hahah). 

Anyway it seemed understandable, so the LA souvenirs bought for Anthony were left at the front desk.

Hope he got them eventually.  I think him and his mom will be flying out today or tomorrow so he can receive further treatment in TNT.....I've been hearing that he is still having fainting spells (haven't seen it myself but two sources said the same thing)......hope he has a safe trip back.

In the meantime, this little "cheer brigade" threw myself and another friend in the middle of "he say/she say" regarding this whole situation.  All i know is we both have NO SAY...............haha

Real bacchanal .........let's just say SPORTS BACCHANAL beat FETE BACCHANAL any day.

I wish all parties involved the best and especially Mr. Noreiga a speedy recovery.

Thanks for your little update bachannal woman  ;) We appreciate everything you guys have done, and continue to do...thanks alot  :beermug:

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2007, 10:24:22 PM »
UPDATE ON ANTHONY NOREIGA
By: TTFF Media.

Since the injury suffered by National Senior Team player Anthony Noreiga during the Gold Cup first round game against the USA on June 9, several versions of his condition and treatment have surfaced, some of which are quite misleading.
In the interest of setting the record straight, the Trinidad and 'Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) felt it necessary to release pertinent details of a report jointly prepared by team manager Joseph Sam Phillip and Dr Terence Babwah, who accompanied the local squad during its Gold Cup campaign.
Mr Noreiga suffered injury to the head, later diagnosed as a cerebral contusion. From June 9 to June 14 he was an in-patient at the Harbor UCLA Trauma Hospital, beginning with admission to the ICU from June 9, then transfer to a step-down ward (both of which limited visitors) and eventually, on June 12, he was relocated to a regular ward where visiting regulations were relaxed.
Because Dr Babwah and Mr Phillip considered the nature of the sustained injury serious enough, these officials stayed in Los Angeles with Mr Noreiga while the rest of the team traveled to Boston for their final game versus Guatemala .
On June 14, Mr Noreiga was discharged from hospital in stable condition and the attending neurosurgeon declared him fit for air travel to return home. Mr Noreiga was advised that, for some time to come he might experience certain symptoms and, due to the delicate nature of his condition, doctors could not fix a precise time-frame for complete recovery.
He was advised to commence a rehabilitation programme, which could be effectively administered in Trinidad . This was all done in the presence of Mr Phillip and Dr Babwah, who visited Mr Noreiga twice daily from June 10 to June 12. On the night of June 12, after visiting he was, for the first time since being admitted, allowed food and medication via mouth.
On Wednesday June 13, Mr Phillip and Dr Babwah visited with Mr Noreiga until 1 pm and, as usual, got a medical update from attending doctors and, at every sequence, informed his wife of progress. The officials left early to go to the airport to pick up Mr Noreiga's mother, whose flight was scheduled to arrive shortly before 7 pm that evening, en route from Miami .
The plan was to take her directly from the airport to his bedside and drop off a fresh supply of toiletries at that time. Mr Phillip and Dr Babwah arrived at the airport about 15 minutes before the originally scheduled touchdown time, only to discover that bad weather at Miami delayed the flight until 2 am on June 14. They stayed the distance and picked her up, but could not return to the hospital at that time; even to drop off the toiletries (nurses advised they would take care of that detail overnight).
On Thursday June 14, Mr Phillip, Dr Babwah and Mr Noreiga's mother visited with him from 10am until 5pm when he was discharged. It should be noted that, upon hearing of the accident, Mr Noreiga's mother had approached the TTFF expressing a desire to visit her son, although she was without a US visa.
The TTFF intervened asking the US Embassy for assistance and they responded magnificently. The Federation supplied Mr Noreiga's mother with the necessary airline tickets. She said she would be staying at the home of her sister in Los Angeles but, on the day before her arrival there, Mr Phillip received information that she would need a hotel room. The Federation also supplied hotel accommodation and a substantial per diem.
Mr Noreiga was officially discharged from hospital in time to travel home in first-class seating with Mr Phillip and Dr Babwah on June 15, the latter strongly recommended by medical personnel at the hospital, but his mother asked that they be allowed to stay for a few more days. The officials retained their original travel dates, while  mother and son were then booked to begin their travel home on June 18; with the Federation underwriting the additional time and enhancing the per diem.
Dr Babwah has made it absolutely clear that every aspect of Mr Noreiga's follow-up Medicare could be effectively administered in Trinidad.

Sincerely,

Richard Groden
General Secretary

« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 08:24:54 AM by E-man »

Offline bachanal.com

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Bachanal.com
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2007, 11:33:59 PM »
I hope this calm down some people in LA............ ;D