April 27, 2024, 11:35:08 AM

Author Topic: Warner accused of failing to pay T&T bonuses  (Read 1510 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Warner accused of failing to pay T&T bonuses
« on: June 20, 2007, 06:51:41 PM »
Warner accused of failing to pay T&T bonuses
By: Paul Kelso (UK Guardian)

Thursday June 21, 2007

Jack Warner, the Fifa vice-president, is again at the centre of controversy over Trinidad & Tobago's World Cup campaign, this time because of a players' revolt over unpaid bonuses. The former West Ham United goalkeeper Shaka Hislop is leading the Soca Warriors in legal action against the T&T Football Federation, for which Warner is a special adviser, alleging that promised bonuses were not paid.
Warner has effectively blacklisted 16 players, including Hislop, Stern John and Chris Birchall, and accused them of being "consumed by greed" after they demanded that a pre-tournament contract to share 50% of World Cup commercial revenues should be honoured.
The federation did deals with Adidas, Ebay, British Gas and KFC before the tournament, with some estimates putting the total value at more than $11.5m (£5.8m). The players claim they have been offered only £400 each, with items including travelling expenses and hotel fees, all of which were covered by Fifa, deducted.
In a letter to Warner, Hislop accuses him of a "slanderous attack" and makes it clear that he will be called to give evidence when proceedings begin in the next week. Last year Fifa's ethics commission ruled that Warner had abused his position by making a £500,000 profit on marked-up World Cup tickets sold through his family travel company, but he hung on to his influential Fifa post.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Warner accused of failing to pay T&T bonuses
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 07:01:07 PM »
another body blow again.....Thank you Mr. Paul Kelso
send your appreciation here
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 07:06:53 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 07:03:37 PM »
good good put pressure on him, is time d world know about this asshole
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 07:14:37 PM »
Warner has effectively blacklisted 16 players, including Hislop, Stern John and Chris Birchall, and accused them of being "consumed by greed" after they demanded that a pre-tournament contract to share 50% of World Cup commercial revenues should be honoured.

hahahahaha ah never taught i would hear dese words come out of JW mouth  :rotfl:

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 07:22:18 PM »
Eh fellas.....lets get a official estimate of the sponsorship deals....so we have a better idea of what figures income the TTFF had. I trying to recall all sponsorship deals....so far i remember
Adidas
Ebay
Govt
T&TEC.

I started searching the forum but i got distracted and that was a good few months ago. I missing out any? How much were these deals worth in total?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 10:49:21 PM »
Eh fellas.....lets get a official estimate of the sponsorship deals....so we have a better idea of what figures income the TTFF had. I trying to recall all sponsorship deals....so far i remember
Adidas
Ebay
Govt
T&TEC.

I started searching the forum but i got distracted and that was a good few months ago. I missing out any? How much were these deals worth in total?

Don't know the deal with Philips with their beaplayah.com website, but they must have paid a licensing fee at least.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 10:57:02 PM by E-man »

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 02:52:48 AM »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 05:41:11 AM »
Yuh forget TSTT
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 07:37:39 AM »
All this crap about expenses...FIFA paid all travel and accommodation for the players and most of the staff and gave them a per diem during the World Cup. So Jack lying about that. Also, leading up to the World CUp, all the money that come out of his pocket was FIFA money, with the possible expception of Leo and them salary. But u know he pay himself back all those expenses and then try to share the rest of the money between himself, the ttff and the players...talk abotu greed!

And the reason the TTFF have no money to pay those things in the first place is because Jack thief it...so tha's why i can't understand the men who wanted to praise him for '''getting us there'' in the first place. By thiefing the money and using that same money to pay for what the money was supposed to be there for...and then claiming is out of the goodness of his heart and then taking the money back with interest?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 09:21:47 PM »
All yuh feel it is ah coincidence that the TTFF eh have a Treasurer? Of course not anybody who know bout debit is the left side of the ledger and credit is the right side of the ledger eh go b able to do that wuk.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>