April 29, 2024, 12:01:08 AM

Author Topic: 100 finals/semi finals-Don't read if you have'nt see the race yet!!!  (Read 4371 times)

Offline biga84

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Did anyone else see it? Just to let you know our boy Burns was in it and ran well but finished 7th. Brown did'nt qualify because he finished 6th in his semi finals heat. All in all it looks good for Trini Track.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 100 finals/semi finals-Don't read if you have'nt see the race yet!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 02:40:40 PM »
Is it just me or should brown be performing better he is no in gatlins league yet  . next season he needs to train twice as hard
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 02:44:07 PM »
Brown needs to step up..semis is not a good performance for him...he should be one of the top 5 sprinters in the world.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2005, 02:55:51 PM »
I saw them (Brown / Burns / Harper) in the heats yesterday and both B's looked great, especially Brown. I was surprised today when I saw the results online.. I eh no track man, but I feel these fellas should be doing better?

BTW..we culture LIVE and KICKING in Southern Ontario..last week at Caribana and this weekend at our local Hamilton Caribana it was nice to see so many youths heavily involved. Boy it real kicks yes.. Trini people and those born with Trini roots will wear anything they could get their hands on with red/white/black yes... ah seing red today!

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 03:09:08 PM »
If dem two doh improve next year as in getting more sub 10's. Is time to change coaches. The experience was good. Burns surprise meh he get thru to de Finals running from dat no man's lane in de semis. Brown's result was quite disappointing...de final burst jes was not there nor de start. Ah praying he has not topped off. 4 Caribbean men in de finals have meh smiling though.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2005, 03:13:21 PM »
Brown and Burns performances have me wondering if Ato was right about the times in our national champioships.  They have not approached those times since.  Hopefully they can clock some sub 10 b4 the end of the season.

The 4 x 100 relay should be interesting...TnT, USA, Jamaica, England and probably Australia.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2005, 04:08:04 PM »
Nope its time to chaneg coaches now Savannah boy .ATO MAY BE RIGHT in a way but brown personal best was 10.01 before this years Sargico(sp) national senior championship  and that was in 2003 .Brown is suppose to be  running  at least  9.90 now.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 08:38:59 PM »
Did anyone else see it? Just to let you know our boy Burns was in it and ran well but finished 7th. Brown did'nt qualify because he finished 6th in his semi finals heat. All in all it looks good for Trini Track.

I saw it!  Did not expect Burns to be in there as I was hearing a lot about Brown and not Burns, but they both looked good.  Bigup to Burns for making the finals.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2005, 08:40:10 PM »
I saw them (Brown / Burns / Harper) in the heats yesterday and both B's looked great, especially Brown. I was surprised today when I saw the results online.. I eh no track man, but I feel these fellas should be doing better?

BTW..we culture LIVE and KICKING in Southern Ontario..last week at Caribana and this weekend at our local Hamilton Caribana it was nice to see so many youths heavily involved. Boy it real kicks yes.. Trini people and those born with Trini roots will wear anything they could get their hands on with red/white/black yes... ah seing red today!

Nice to hear that! In California the scene is still small.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2005, 08:41:12 PM »
Brown and Burns performances have me wondering if Ato was right about the times in our national champioships.  They have not approached those times since.  Hopefully they can clock some sub 10 b4 the end of the season.

The 4 x 100 relay should be interesting...TnT, USA, Jamaica, England and probably Australia.

Yes in the 4X100 is where TnT will shine

1]; } ?>