March 29, 2024, 02:59:19 AM

Author Topic: T&T's soccer future in hands of lawyers  (Read 2502 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
T&T's soccer future in hands of lawyers
« on: June 22, 2007, 01:42:52 AM »
T&T's soccer future in hands of lawyers
By: Juhel Browne (Express).

Friday, June 22nd 2007

Trinidad and Tobago's future in international football now rests in the hands of attorneys.

This is what Sport Minister Roger Boynes had to say after he held discussions with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) and the 16 national football players who have sued the body.

"I am dissatisfied because I thought a resolution could have come rather quickly on this matter and as of this morning I was told quite clearly that the matter had to be in the hands of the attorneys of both sides now," Boynes said.

The players are seeking bonus money they say is owed to them for representing the country in the 2006 Fifa World Cup, while TTFF special adviser Jack Warner said they were being greedy.

"We have been speaking with them up until this morning. I spoke with the TTFF yesterday and I spoke with the players today and where they are this morning, the matter now has to be left up to the lawyers," Boynes said yesterday.

"We don't want to interfere too much in the business of Fifa, we don't want to be banned as a country from playing football in the world because you know what football means to us.

The 16 players are being represented by the London-based firm Athletes One Legal.

Boynes said he undertook the intervention because the impasse is a potential hurdle on the country's road to qualify for the 2010 Fifa World Cup, as its best players are being benched.

"Let the lawyers discuss it and I hope that this matter is resolved as quickly as possible because at the end of the day, you the taxpayers are paying to have your best team represent us so that we can qualify for 2010," Boynes said.

None of the 16 players involved in the suit was selected to play in the recent Concacaf Gold Cup tournament in the United States where the national squad was eliminated in the first round, less than a year after it played in the preliminary finals of the 2006 World Cup.

A report from AllHeadline News. com (AHN) yesterday said that the 16 players claimed the TTFF had offered only $1,000 each in bonuses for Fifa 2006, with items including travelling expenses and hotel fees which had been covered by Fifa, deducted.

The AHN report said the players felt they should be receiving as much as $398,000 each in light of a deal with Warner that stipulated they receive incentives that included 50 per cent of commercial and sponsorship revenues estimated at $11.5 million.

jbrowne@trinidadexpress.com

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T's soccer future in hands of lawyers
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 01:53:28 AM »
How long do we have to wait before anything decisive?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 05:57:12 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 02:00:10 AM »
How long do we have to wait before anything decive?
well, it could be a long haul, now that it is going to be tied up in the courts.
maybe nothing will happen for this crop of WC players.
what I mean is that because these WC players are going to court, Jack will NEVER let them play for TnT as long as he is involved. JMHO.
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 07:58:59 AM »
I feel fifa should have something to say about this  , no man is an island .jack should not be able to jack list players as he want to .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 10:29:43 AM »
What I'd seriously like to know is what can the public do if anything.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 11:06:09 AM »
The public eh go do squat. We anti JW and we eh do a ting them except the WN press release. Them bunch ah waggonist to do something pleezeeeee.

The lawyers have to do what they have to do and let this be JW's Waterloo.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 11:10:35 AM »
I feel fifa should have something to say about this  , no man is an island .jack should not be able to jack list players as he want to .
Zuluwarrior,
Austin put Sepp in the position he has now in FIFA.
"Some politicians say that they would rather fight against the UN than take on FIFA, they appear to be THAT powerful to some politicians."
idea taken from this thread
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 11:27:00 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 11:19:10 AM »
You know what i was wondering? Will this have happened in anyother country per say in Italy, Mexico England? this is real sh*t. Thats why when man like Zamora etc. say they do nto want to play for T&T you really cannot be mad. JW may have done alot to help put is like removeing Sadam from IRAQ. yuh remove him and everything ill go in a tail spin. Watching patiently.
Jackular is the T&T Don King!!!  :devil: :beermug: :beermug:
All American

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2007, 05:33:21 PM »
How long do we have to wait before anything decive?

same ting i saying

Offline Victor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2007, 06:36:43 PM »
Does anyone on this message board know if Jack Warner's administration will be challenged in November?

I am not asking WHO nor do I need to know any details at this point. I just want to know if someone - with integrity like Lincoln Phillips - is going to defy these unethical bastards that are in charge of our football.

Someone please answer in the affirmative!!!!! Please!!!!!!!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2007, 07:43:17 PM »
T&T football future is controlled by Jack warner, his  friends and  family.
until someone or something can prize our future away from his grabby hands it will remain so.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2007, 07:48:43 PM »
Does anyone on this message board know if Jack Warner's administration will be challenged in November?
I am not asking WHO nor do I need to know any details at this point. I just want to know if someone - with integrity like Lincoln Phillips - is going to defy these unethical bastards that are in charge of our football.

Superoli would love to  ;)
as his signature says...
"Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players"
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2007, 08:15:35 PM »

Superoli would love to  ;)
as his signature says...
"Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players"

I think you are the best man for the position

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2007, 05:06:39 AM »
Why does the headline of a football story originating in Trinidad refers to the game as soccer?

That is real chupidness!!

I feel the express should blacklist Juhel Brown!!  ;D

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2007, 04:55:40 PM »
No question that this has to go to court.

I am prepared to do without football for 10 yrs if it is a sacrifice that we have to make to get Jackula to stop his crap. Jackula needs to know that this chess game is not a bluff and only one of the two playing the game can go down. With Shaka, Sancho, Kelvin Jack, Stern, FPATT, interested SW.net members on de side of justice, good will prevail and these fellas will not be going down. Of course some men see priority in selling juzzy, organizing a small goal and jess geyyin' kicks using de bandwaggon of whatever sabotage side dat Jackula comes up with after this.

That kinda mentality will make itself slowly irrelevant but they may wake up at the last minute and smell de coffee. Say wha'.

Yuh could snob a letter by Sancho, Shaka etc and play yuh eh answerin' phone and not replying to letters...but when the attorney comes calling...ah hah..yuh go see how the banana-republic kakaholeness and dotish irresponsible blabberin' in de media go stop one time  :rotfl:

Is attorney and lawsuit in yuh kakahole!!!!!  >:(
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

1]; } ?>