April 26, 2024, 12:12:59 AM

Author Topic: Washington Carnival is dis weekend  (Read 2093 times)

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
Washington Carnival is dis weekend
« on: June 22, 2007, 11:31:38 AM »
who jumpin dong Georgia Ave?

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Washington Carnival is dis weekend
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 11:47:01 AM »
Will miss it this year... >:(.

Whey yuh goin' tonight Taboo? or Rascals?

Or yuh can't say.... ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 11:49:00 AM »
Well the family restricting the night activities but i down town for sure

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 12:39:16 PM »
Will miss it this year... >:(.

Whey yuh goin' tonight Taboo? or Rascals?

Or yuh can't say.... ;D

:-X :-X :-X :-X

Offline dwolfman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Malvern Sports Club
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 04:29:57 PM »
Went back in 2002 or thereabouts. Had a ball with the crew. Figured that the only way I'd go back though is with a bunch of limers.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 05:58:30 PM »
Cyar make dat dis rounds...maybe next year please God.

ah hope it's more than 2 hrs long dis year ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 12:27:37 PM »
The Carnival was dread as usual, other trini's might disagree but there are too many restrictions in DC especially when you have thousands of West Indians getting on. They see it as a recipe for disaster and deploy an army of policemen. Most trucks did not even get down to Howard University because they had to shut down the music by 4PM.

NICE LIME BUT WASTE OF TIME
SO I AM SURE THAT ALL OUT THERE WOULD AGREE
WHEN IT COME TO CARNIVAL
AIN'T NO PLACE LIKE HOME IN TRINI FOR ME!

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 01:38:57 PM »
The Carnival was dread as usual, other trini's might disagree but there are too many restrictions in DC especially when you have thousands of West Indians getting on. They see it as a recipe for disaster and deploy an army of policemen. Most trucks did not even get down to Howard University because they had to shut down the music by 4PM.

WHEN IT COME TO CARNIVAL

Same could be said about all the various carnivals outside of Trini. If people cyah make it home for some reason or the other, they jus have to make the best of the situation and enjoy de mas/lime.
And about the police...the show of force was excessive, but think about this, when was the last time you hear any incidents during DC carnival, it eh have no fights, no stabbings, no shootings...
Oh and for the umpteen year running.... the mud band go win de award for the best MUD in North America  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 02:14:23 PM »

WHEN IT COME TO CARNIVAL

well I disagree to a point. Truth be told it could be a receipe for disaster...the city has to protect themselves...and any festival would have restrictions...freeingup is days of old...even in Tnt yuh have restrictions.....as far as the police is concern, I pussonally like what dey did dong by Howard because in years past dat spot was real trouble for the bands and spectators...and another ting...Georgia Ave is a main thoroughfare in the city...so the quicker the bands get off the road the better for the city. The troubling ting is dat once yuh down by HU yuh doh see nutten but the dregs...man and oman tite walkin in de road, some stragglers in dey costume, de music truck jes rollin by without any music... They were shuttin down the music a block or 2 from Gresham Pl. and dis is to disperse the masqueraders. The bands were moving at a decent pace considering some bands did not get on the road until 12:30 no fault of their own. When people realise dat carnival in NA is not like Tnt den they may start tuh enjoy deyself....cause I did. The biggest problem for DC Carnival is a place to disperse. If we had the kinda space that Baltimore has we kill dem dead....and also remember that the alcohol restrictions werent being enforced to the max eh!  ;D :beermug: :beermug:

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 07:36:17 AM »

WHEN IT COME TO CARNIVAL

Same could be said about all the various carnivals outside of Trini. If people cyah make it home for some reason or the other, they jus have to make the best of the situation and enjoy de mas/lime.
And about the police...the show of force was excessive, but think about this, when was the last time you hear any incidents during DC carnival, it eh have no fights, no stabbings, no shootings...
Oh and for the umpteen year running.... the mud band go win de award for the best MUD in North America  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

WELL AHHHH ALL RIGHTEE THEN

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 11:31:21 AM »
To me it is more about the parties before.. Taboo had less ppl this year but the johnnie was still good....

i reach out on georgia real late tho...

1]; } ?>