April 27, 2024, 06:56:24 PM

Author Topic: Holland vs Serbia in UEFA U 21 Final  (Read 4630 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Holland vs Serbia in UEFA U 21 Final
« on: June 23, 2007, 01:41:23 PM »
1-0 to Holland.  2nd half now goin an start.  Goal in the 17th minute.

Game LIVE on TSN in Canada
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Re: Holland vs Serbia in UEFA U 21 Final
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 01:44:10 PM »
Come home just to watch this, no suprise Drenthe mash it up again.

I ent from Suriname but it made be smile when I saw the flag on the side then Drenthe taking a corner.

The Dutch FA should help out Suriname >:(, will never happen though because it would only benefit Surinam  :-[

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 02:31:13 PM »
4-1 I'm pleased for Holland

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 02:36:26 PM »
I think the ref has been a little harsh on the Serbs.
After the Epic England semi-final though, this game is a bit of a letdown.

Royston still looking good though.
Imagine if our youth teams all played like this.
Scratch that, imagine if all our teams played like this...
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 02:42:55 PM by Bitter »
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 02:39:21 PM »
Look at the Dutch-Surinamese Players Running to get the Surinam Flags first before the other players  ;D

I wonder if Hoyte would grab the TNT Flag If England won a World Cup somebody on here would probably pelt two stone on him in the TNT Colours inscribred on the stone Product of Laventille :rotfl:

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 02:43:50 PM »
Drenthe is player of the tournament.
Holland also have the top scorer.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2007, 02:45:22 PM »
hoyte cacahole
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2007, 02:54:58 PM »
hoyte cacahole

I expect nothing else from you  ;D :beermug:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2007, 03:03:44 PM »
Look at the Dutch-Surinamese Players Running to get the Surinam Flags first before the other players  ;D

I wonder if Hoyte would grab the TNT Flag If England won a World Cup somebody on here would probably pelt two stone on him in the TNT Colours inscribred on the stone Product of Laventille :rotfl:

Totally different situations.  I believe the black experience in Holland is roughly equivalent to that of West Indian immigrants to England back in de 60's & 70's.  West Indian immigrants and their subsequent offspring then identified much more with "back home" than they do now.  Now, children of West Indian immigrants at that time are grand parents and their children's kids, like Hoyte etc are much more assimilated into English society to the point where they more English than West Indian.

Conversely, In Holland, the majority of the black players have Surinamese roots and feel no such disconnect with the homeland of their parents and grand parents.

On another note, real beat share in dat game.  Babel & Drenthe in particular was sharin beat leff, right & centre.  Ah like de looks of de Serbian left back #21 who did come on and provide de cross for their only goal.  He get beat a few times but always came back to win back de ball.  He have good skills too.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2007, 03:12:53 PM »
gumbumper....yuh expect something else from hoyte???.....at least you know where i stand...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2007, 03:16:19 PM »
gumbumper....yuh expect something else from hoyte???.....at least you know where i stand...
I weren't bashing you lol Thats what I like I know were you stand **sees Big Magician sending Small Magican to collect rocks**

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2007, 03:17:54 PM »

I ent from Suriname but it made be smile when I saw the flag on the side then Drenthe taking a corner.

The Dutch FA should help out Suriname >:(, will never happen though because it would only benefit Surinam  :-[

Help out Suriname in what way? Football development you mean?

Maybe they do help in that regard. You know that they don't?

Just curious

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2007, 03:24:26 PM »

Totally different situations.  I believe the black experience in Holland is roughly equivalent to that of West Indian immigrants to England back in de 60's & 70's.  West Indian immigrants and their subsequent offspring then identified much more with "back home" than they do now.  Now, children of West Indian immigrants at that time are grand parents and their children's kids, like Hoyte etc are much more assimilated into English society to the point where they more English than West Indian.

Conversely, In Holland, the majority of the black players have Surinamese roots and feel no such disconnect with the homeland of their parents and grand parents.

On another note, real beat share in dat game.  Babel & Drenthe in particular was sharin beat leff, right & centre.  Ah like de looks of de Serbian left back #21 who did come on and provide de cross for their only goal.  He get beat a few times but always came back to win back de ball.  He have good skills too.

but at the same time How comes People like Joel Grant and many more go and rep they roots for the The ''Reggae Brits'' then  :-\ Your comments should be re-valuated.
Those comments I feel are only applicable to Big headed England players . Take a look at Lita he was BORN in Congo but doesn't Identify with Congo at all he has even said this himself.. alot (not all) of these players get stupid and forget their roots no matter what Generation they are, England is a funny place. Remember I'm talking about Football players (Black players who represent England) not the whole population.

''believe the black experience in Holland is roughly equivalent to that of West Indian immigrants to England back in de 60's & 70's.'' If that is so shouldn't the England Footballers be carrying on like the Dutch-Suri players or Vica-versa.

but at the same time you have to think to yourself palos How comes People like Joel Grant, Campbell-ryce, Euell and many more go and rep they roots for the The ''Reggae Brits'' then 

As for your comments are the bottom I feel Rigerts done well also but I doubt he'll get in the full squad De Ridder is cool too.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 03:34:50 PM by Serial Gum Bumper »

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2007, 03:27:08 PM »

Help out Suriname in what way? Football development you mean?

Maybe they do help in that regard. You know that they don't?

Just curious

Football Development, they were meant to work with Verde (Google him) and allow Suriname Nationals to become Dual-Nationals and help indentifying players that aren't good enough for the Dutch NT but I hear nothing has been done :(

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2007, 03:30:20 PM »

what is your problem with Hoyte? Man is English with T&T roots. That means T&T would and should generally come 2nd. I know..I from T&T with one parent from a different country. But I born and raised in T&T..T&T comes first. Any other foreign roots come 2nd.

What if Latapy father was from England. But he was born and raised in T&T, live his life the exact same way, play all the youth teams and then decide he want to play for England when he finally make a senior team. Would you say he made the right decision? Doh matter where you parents from, they have to do a real mind job on yuh to not want to play for the land you born and raised in. Most people who rep their parent's country either not good enough to make the team of the new country, OR the new country is absolute shit in that sport, OR the family has not yet assimilated or feels disenfranchized in that country. Or you have very controlling parents..BUt the vast majority of people, if they were free to choose, would choose the land of their birth, over their parenst' or grandparents'. Big Mag..I tellin yuh..yuh both parents could be from foreign, you would want to represent T&T given the life you had..if not..my apologies. Also, if yuh issue with Hoyte is different..again my humblest apologies.

I'm just always amazed at the disdain for these fellas from people like Hoyte and Zamora. I want any Trini poster on this board who like me, born and raised in T&T, have either one parent or two who are not Trini to say that they doh consider representing T&T the first, all else 2nd.

And well done to Holland. Great result..I woulda been sick to my stomach if the Serbs won
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 03:35:06 PM by Filho »

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2007, 03:39:34 PM »

what is your problem with Hoyte? Man is English with T&T roots. That means T&T would and should generally come 2nd. I know..I from T&T with one parent from a different country. But I born and raised in T&T..T&T comes first. Any other foreign roots come 2nd.

What if Latapy father was from England. But he was born and raised in T&T, live his life the exact same way, play all the youth teams and then decide he want to play for England when he finally make a senior team. Would you say he made the right decision? Doh matter where you parents from, they have to do a real mind job on yuh to not want to play for the land you born and raised in. Most people who rep their parent's country either not good enough to make the team of the new country, OR the new country is absolute shit in that sport, OR the family has not yet assimilated or feels disenfranchized in that country. Or you have very controlling parents..BUt the vast majority of people, if they were free to choose, would choose the land of their birth, over their parenst' or grandparents'. Big Mag..I tellin yuh..yuh both parents could be from foreign, you would want to represent T&T given the life you had..if not..my apologies. Also, if yuh issue with Hoyte is different..again my humblest apologies.

I'm just always amazed at the disdain for these fellas from people like Hoyte and Zamora. I want any Trini poster on this board who like me, born and raised in T&T, have either one parent or two who are not Trini to say that they doh consider representing T&T the first, all else 2nd.

And well done to Holland. Great result..I woulda been sick to my stomach if the Serbs won

I agree with your post but some of these players who have REPRESENTED ENGLAND go on funny, one too many of them forget their humble Beginnings let alone their heritage.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2007, 03:41:20 PM »
This man Drenthe has something special on him.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2007, 03:56:43 PM »
This man Drenthe has something special on him.

I would hope Wenger would buy him but he's probably £5,999,999 Too much for Wenger of Drenthe's £6m Price value (also he's too well known for Wenger to buy)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 03:58:31 PM by Serial Gum Bumper »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2007, 04:08:40 PM »
but at the same time you have to think to yourself palos How comes People like Joel Grant, Campbell-ryce, Euell and many more go and rep they roots for the The ''Reggae Brits'' then 

Grant, Campbell-Ryce, Euell etc have zero chance of representing England at the highest level and having the opportunity to possibly play in a World Cup is a win win situation for those players.  Same for Birchall.  Yuh think if Birchall had a sniff of a chance of playing for England he woulda choose T&T over dem?

Look John Barnes.  Born AND GROW UP in Jamaica.  He played for England.  He never try to play for Jamaica.

I will never "blame" or hold it against the likes of Hoyte etc for turning down the opportunity to play for T&T.  They weren't born in T&T, they have an opportunity to play for England, it's really a "business" decision, not a disrespect of T&T as I see it.

Ah mean, look at our very own Shaka Hislop.  If the England coach at de time did play him in dat match...even fuh 10 minutes, rather than keep him on de bench, he woulda never be eligible to play fuh we, despite his growing up from small in T&T and learning his football in T&T.

De fact dat de Dutch guys makin such a statement about Suriname to me suggests there still exists a polarity in Dutch society at large where they need to show their connection to their roots.  The Dutch team has historically had problems with players who have Surinamese roots.  They never integrated in the team well before.  I not assignin blame.  It could well be the fault of the coaching staff for that situation.  There was a fight after a World Cup game in 94 between the white and black players ON THE FIELD..that's how volatile it was.  I guess those memories not goin quietly into the night either.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2007, 04:35:51 PM »

Grant, Campbell-Ryce, Euell etc have zero chance of representing England at the highest level and having the opportunity to possibly play in a World Cup is a win win situation for those players. But if they felt the way you said they wouldn't even piss on JA, so like I said their are many people who Identify with their roots here If you wish to disagree so be your choice. If you said such a thing to Jamie Lawernce or Paul Hall (I haven't just picked these names randomly) they would laugh at you (not trying to diss you but it's true)  Same for Birchall.  Yuh think if Birchall had a sniff of a chance of playing for England he woulda choose T&T over dem?

Look John Barnes.  Born AND GROW UP in Jamaica.  He played for England.  He never try to play for Jamaica.

That because Jamaica was shit and weren't organised and my friends father and uncle can testify for that. Also Barnes spent quite a while of his Formative years here so it wasn't all ''Born and Grow in JA''. There has been two players that I know of that weren't raised in the UK one was to describe the best way I can a Euro-Trinidadian and Randy Samuel who played for Canada, don't mean that other who were Born in Canada don't indenfiy with their Caribbean Roots it also shows this thing isn't exclusive to the UK or whatever point your trying to make (Even though your missing the the parts were I did as I agree with you in some aspects, also I think your forgetting I'm Born and raised here myself)

I will never "blame" or hold it against the likes of Hoyte etc for turning down the opportunity to play for T&T.  They weren't born in T&T, they have an opportunity to play for England, it's really a "business" decision, not a disrespect of T&T as I see it.

So how comes now its Really a ''business'' decision and not that Caribbean Disapora in the UK Feels more english like you said first? Just a question

Ah mean, look at our very own Shaka Hislop.  If the England coach at de time did play him in dat match...even fuh 10 minutes, rather than keep him on de bench, he woulda never be eligible to play fuh we, despite his growing up from small in T&T and learning his football in T&T.

De fact dat de Dutch guys makin such a statement about Suriname to me suggests there still exists a polarity in Dutch society at large where they need to show their connection to their roots I don't disagree here I don't if you saw how some the Dutch-Moroccans were carrying on at the friendly between the Dutch and Morocco .  The Dutch team has historically had problems with players who have Surinamese roots.  They never integrated in the team well before.  I not assignin blame.  It could well be the fault of the coaching staff for that situation.  There was a fight after a World Cup game in 94 between the white and black players ON THE FIELD..that's how volatile it was.  I guess those memories not goin quietly into the night either.

Also Edgar Davids called Seedorf a little boy and told him to stop licking white mans ass

I know your not being rude or hostile but I'm not carrying on with his because is back and forth crap on issues like this (especially when I live here and even agree on some parts of your post) because it's boring and over done on here.
I'll rather hold up a banner saying I'm disconnected to the homelands my heritage like you feel rather than continue this.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 04:41:59 PM by Serial Gum Bumper »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2007, 05:07:43 PM »
I know your not being rude or hostile but I'm not carrying on with his because is back and forth crap on issues like this (especially when I live here and even agree on some parts of your post) because it's boring and over done on here.
I'll rather hold up a banner saying I'm disconnected to the homelands my heritage like you feel rather than continue this.

Obviously I'm making a generalization and it won't apply to everyone.  Also, I'm not claiming that I'm right.  I'm stating an opinion.  I've often been wrong in the past and will be wrong in the future.  I have no problem engaging in discourse with anyone but if dis is too sensitive an issue for you, no worries.  Respeck still.

Offline santacruz

• Full Warrior
  • This year is the Dutch year!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2007, 07:48:36 PM »
congrats tuh the dutch! back to back european u-21 chanmpions! if only this kinda form could transfer over tuh the national team! i would be in heaven!

except for the flip-flap on the left and a couple of other beat, drenthe was sub-par, but dude have real potential. lil bit too cocky, but ah guess when yuh have it, yuh have it. babel finally score from open play, his 1st touch is magnificent, but tend tuh over dribble, also does throw away ah lil too much. long ways b4 he could be ah Henry. de ridder on the right is another lovely winger! didnt start on the reg team, but once he he get ah chance, aint give it back. another one for the future! my player of the game for the dutch though is the last stopper, ah think Donk is he name. dude solid! holland national team definetely need some defenders. doh know if he starting for the dutch yet, but he should be!

all in all, Holland shoulda win bout 8-1, but say wha, i aint greedy ah taking it! HUP HOLLAND!
Fatima old boy graduate in '95 from Form 5, '97 from Form 6, lived in Santa Cruz.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2007, 08:02:02 PM »

Offline santacruz

• Full Warrior
  • This year is the Dutch year!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2007, 08:06:07 PM »
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/holland%2Bserbia/video/x2cve3_drenthe1

drenthe wit ah sweet sweet spanna

babel had one too b4 he set up the 3rd goal. them fellas practising it!
Fatima old boy graduate in '95 from Form 5, '97 from Form 6, lived in Santa Cruz.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2007, 11:47:51 PM »
thats what i said

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2007, 06:32:48 AM »

Obviously I'm making a generalization and it won't apply to everyone.  Also, I'm not claiming that I'm right.  I'm stating an opinion.  I've often been wrong in the past and will be wrong in the future.  I have no problem engaging in discourse with anyone but if dis is too sensitive an issue for you, no worries.  Respeck still.

I said it was a long issue because It will go around in circles, it's boring and overdone on here I even said you wasn't even being rude or hostile but yet you make an assumption to think possibly it's ''too sensitive a issue'' someone is obviously trying to pass sly remarks that was more ''DISRespeck still''
*SMH*. If people only read first
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 06:37:01 AM by Serial Gum Bumper »

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2007, 06:11:35 AM »

You know how many I've said this. Both my parents are from another country, T&T is where I was boen and raised and they will come first.

1]; } ?>