March 29, 2024, 02:06:13 AM

Author Topic: Enough is enough  (Read 1939 times)

Offline Bally

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Enough is enough
« on: June 23, 2007, 04:25:20 PM »
Enough is enough

Officials call for football fraternity to make changes

Ian Prescott iprescott@trinidadexpress.com

Saturday, June 23rd 2007

FOOTBALL TALK: Clayton Morris, left, vice-president of the Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago, engages Larry Romany, the Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee chairman, at a panel discussion on the state of Trinidad and Tobago football a year after playing in the World Cup. 

"It seems that every time our national team succeed and have the attention of the rest of the world and the focus is on our stars, administrators create situations as these, start all over again by bringing in inexperienced players, offer them next to nothing, and then get poor results like we got in the 2007 CONCACAF Gold Cup. There is no continuity and we keep starting over all the time instead of building on success. It seems as if no team or player must ever become too successful," said Clayton Morris, a former national captain, and now ice-president of the newly-established Football Players Association of Trinidad and Tobago.

Morris was speaking at a June seminar hosted by the Lloyd Best Institute of the West Indies. The panel discussion took place on Monday night at the offices of the Development Finance Corporation, Cipriani Boulevard, Port of Spain and saw panelists Morris, David John Williams and Larry Romany making contributions.

Also among the audience was Deryck Murray, president of Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board. All three members of the panel, as well as members of the forum, agreed that there has been no growth since T&T played in their first FIFA World a year ago. They suggested it was time that "an enough is enough" approach be taken with the administrators of local football.

"The players who finally took us to the World Cup after 40 years, as mentioned before, and brought so much joy to our hearts, are now victimised for standing up for what is rightfully theirs," Morris lamented. "They should not be called 'greedy' just because they are asking for transparency. All the players are asking for is to see the accounts for the World Cup campaign."

In contrast, Romany said he had no sympathy with those who are victimised by football administrators because in large part, no one was willing to do anything to remove the same administrators. Chairman of the Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Committee, Romany said that there was general lack of management skill among the 32 association under the TTOC. He was of the view that no administration should have more than two terms or eight years in charge, because they were bringing nothing new idea to the table. According to Romany, many associations play a game of musical chairs, where the same people assumed different positions, and largely, the same administration remained in place.

"People have set up a structure that locks them in for life. But, that is because when the time comes for meeting, no one turns up. Nobody wants to go to a meeting and say we voting out the 'hero' there. We just want to complain," said Romany, who further added that a lot of people in football don't want to stand on their own two feet, but instead prefer to depend on the powers that be.

David John Williams, president of the W Connection football team, said that the state of development in local youth football was very, very poor and believed that the "Colleges League" was doing little to help . John Williams said that in larger football-playing countries, professional clubs were largely responsible for developing young players and not schools. Hence, Carlos Tevez, Maxi Lopez and Fernando Torres were already attached to professional clubs when they played at the 2001 FIFA Under-17 World Championship in T&T. Except, for Southampton's Kenwyne Jones, John Williams said no T&T players from the 2001 team had developed to make an international impact.

John Williams said that there was a general lack of development and this is mirrored by the state of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) after almost a hundred years in existence.

"One hundred years later, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) do not own a parrot on a stick," John Williams said, while comparing football's achievements to that of the local cricket board who now have a home and a national training centre.

Empty barrels make the most noise

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Enough is enough
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 06:36:55 PM »
I wiil never believe those old croocks have any good will for anything local, they just power hungry and the power they crave only serves their greedy perpose. the same goes for politics, sports,local government or whatever, as long as money involved the thiefing ting just one step behind. damn near all old men are theives in black governed countries. and getting rid of them could be a task in it self. a list of theives in the coulorful world.  charles taylor, osesei seku mubutto, badamasi babangitta (nigeria), aristeed (haiti), half of DR eric williams cabinette minsters, saddam hosein, eric guerry,hafiez alasad, king fahaad, sonni abachaa, king hosein, carlos andress perez, tom adams, jean claude duvaleua, besdeo panday, oliver camps , and count jackular warner.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 04:29:56 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

truetrini

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2007, 07:33:07 PM »
well at least more and more of a spotlight is being focused on the TTFF!

Damn dirty low-down scoundrels!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 08:49:24 PM »
What after enough is enough well we dey
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 10:47:49 PM »
I wiil never believe those old croocks have any good will for anything local, they just power hungry and the power they crave only serves their greedy perpose. the same goes for politics, sports,local government or whatever, as long as money involved the thiefing ting just one step behind, damn near all old men are theives in black governed countries. and getting rid of them could be a task in it self. a list of theives in the coulorful world.  charles taylor, osesei seku mubutto, badamasi babangitta (nigeria), aristeed (haiti), half of DR eric williams cabinette minsters, saddam hosein, eric guerry,hafiez alasad, king fahaad, sonni abchachaa, king hosein, carlos andress perez, tom adams, jean claude duvaleua, besdeo panday, oliver camps , and count jackular warner.
check this http://www.infoplease.com/toptens/mostcorruptcountries.html
and this http://www.forbes.com/home/2007/04/03/corruption-countries-nations-biz-07caphosp-cx_da_0403corrupt_slide_2.html
and this http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0921295.html

and as a matter of interest, the least corrupt countries here http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0781359.html
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 11:00:29 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2007, 10:50:41 PM »
I wiil never believe those old croocks have any good will for anything local, they just power hungry and the power they crave only serves their greedy perpose. the same goes for politics, sports,local government or whatever, as long as money involved the thiefing ting just one step behind, damn near all old men are theives in black governed countries. and getting rid of them could be a task in it self. a list of theives in the coulorful world. charles taylor, osesei seku mubutto, badamasi babangitta (nigeria), aristeed (haiti), half of DR eric williams cabinette minsters, saddam hosein, eric guerry,hafiez alasad, king fahaad, sonni abchachaa, king hosein, carlos andress perez, tom adams, jean claude duvaleua, besdeo panday, oliver camps , and count jackular warner.
Hahah nice post sire .

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 03:36:05 AM »
Enough is enough

"One hundred years later, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) do not own a parrot on a stick," John Williams said, while comparing football's achievements to that of the local cricket board who now have a home and a national training centre.

How shameful. even the poulorie lady that sold out side of my old high school was more business savy than these fellass. could you imagine, not even a parrot on a bloody stick.  these guys didn't even purchase a piece property that could be calledTTFF owned. at least the poulorie woman build a big house and send her children to colledge over seas, and as far as i've heard they're all highly skilled professionals. you know i don't have a problem with a disciplined thief who steal some but still get the job done , but and all out thief.i hate to say it, but there goes my point again, black men and plenty money equals, thievery.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 12:30:50 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2007, 04:33:33 AM »
I wiil never believe those old croocks have any good will for anything local, they just power hungry and the power they crave only serves their greedy perpose. the same goes for politics, sports,local government or whatever, as long as money involved the thiefing ting just one step behind, damn near all old men are theives in black governed countries. and getting rid of them could be a task in it self. a list of theives in the coulorful world.  charles taylor, osesei seku mubutto, badamasi babangitta (nigeria), aristeed (haiti), half of DR eric williams cabinette minsters, saddam hosein, eric guerry,hafiez alasad, king fahaad, sonni abchachaa, king hosein, carlos andress perez, tom adams, jean claude duvaleua, besdeo panday, oliver camps , and count jackular warner.
check this http://www.infoplease.com/toptens/mostcorruptcountries.html
and this http://www.forbes.com/home/2007/04/03/corruption-countries-nations-biz-07caphosp-cx_da_0403corrupt_slide_2.html
and this http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0921295.html

and as a matter of interest, the least corrupt countries here http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0781359.html
Hey west coast, lewwe sic transparency international on jackular yes. seems like they getting some corrupt fellas to change their ways or else.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2007, 05:47:43 AM »
I wiil never believe those old croocks have any good will for anything local, they just power hungry and the power they crave only serves their greedy perpose. the same goes for politics, sports,local government or whatever, as long as money involved the thiefing ting just one step behind. damn near all old men are theives in black governed countries. and getting rid of them could be a task in it self. a list of theives in the coulorful world.  charles taylor, osesei seku mubutto, badamasi babangitta (nigeria), aristeed (haiti), half of DR eric williams cabinette minsters, saddam hosein, eric guerry,hafiez alasad, king fahaad, sonni abachaa, king hosein, carlos andress perez, tom adams, jean claude duvaleua, besdeo panday, oliver camps , and count jackular warner.
yuh right......but doh forget it always have new ones to take thier places.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 07:06:41 AM »
 Romany talk rel sense dey...No new ideas...I say the the same thing...That is how our society is anyway...Is who yuh know getting a job for you...

1]; } ?>