June 16, 2024, 07:13:42 PM

Author Topic: England's 2018 World Cup hopes rest on Warner  (Read 29431 times)

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Jack fighting for WE or is HE?
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2007, 06:02:16 PM »
I feel all dese years Jack just need ah hug
$100 CAD if a picture is produced showing victim (Jackula) and perpetrator (one Dutty fella  ;D)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
Re: FIFA v-p says England will lose 2018 bid
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2007, 06:05:27 PM »
Jack got SCotts fired whowas suppose to be the president of the FA I think, now the it has come full circle,,,jack will have to suffer for these comments
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Victor

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jack fighting for WE or is HE?
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2007, 06:21:31 PM »
An open post to Jack Warner!!

Jack,

I suggest you invest $7.99 US or $11.99 Can. and purchase Dale Carnegie’s “How to Win Friends & Influence People”

Jack this book was first published in 1936 by Dale Carnegie, but the information is timeless. Do me a favor. Read this book carefully and start practicing some of the principles in your everyday life.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2007, 06:22:47 PM »
Whenever Jack resign from Fifa, Trini go get the full brunt of it.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2007, 06:32:18 PM »
Whenever Jack resign from Fifa, Trini go get the full brunt of it.

Interesting. Can you elaborate please ?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2007, 07:05:02 PM »
Jack better watch out for Small Mag after he say england never had any impact on world football.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2007, 07:19:01 PM »
Jack warner is a business man, money tailks and bull shyte............... but in any case do you think this man cares about who host or not. the man is all about monitary gain.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2007, 07:21:33 PM »
Jack jus fraid that if he hadda go to England for WC, Michael Jennings go be on him like white on rice  :devil:
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2007, 07:59:58 PM »
ok our resident spell-check..

content = world cup 2018 shouldn't go to Europe, should remain in CONCACAF.

delivery = everybody in europe hate england.. dey ent do nothing for football.. i go fight dem..

which part of this confuses you?
Pay attention Omarldumbho, or do you prefer "resident tight ass"?...

Content = The What as in "Nobody likes England"; "England ent do nothing for football"; "England ent getting shit"

Delivery = The How as in said in defiant, irreverent...even dismissive manner.

Now, comprende ese...any part of that confuse you?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 08:41:06 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2007, 08:27:24 PM »
AP: England's fury at FIFA chief's shock blast

AFP
August 10, 2007
LONDON (AFP) - England football chiefs were left seething angry Thursday at FIFA vice-president Jack Warner's vow to fight tooth and nail to stop England from hosting the 2018 World Cup.

The Football Association (FA), English football's governing body, has written a no-nonsense letter to Warner following his wide-ranging diatribe, to be broadcast Saturday.

Besides the World Cup outburst, Warner told BBC World Service radio England was an "irritant" which had a minimal impact on world football and was universally hated in Europe.

ADVERTISEMENT

"I have written to Jack Warner today to clarify the accuracy of the quotes and request his views and an explanation as to why he made them if they are accurate," said FA chairman Geoff Thompson, also FIFA vice-president.

"Understandably, we were shocked and disappointed to read the views attributed to Mr Warner, with whom we have enjoyed a very good relationship.

"Until we have all the facts in front of us at The FA, we are both unwilling and unable to pass any comment regarding these potentially explosive remarks."

Warner, the president of CONCACAF -- football's governing body in North and Central America and the Caribbean -- laid into England and its chances of hosting the World Cup for the first time since 1966.

"If by chance, in 2018, the World Cup were to go to Europe, I'm quite sure, with the English luck as it is, they won't get it," the 64-year-old said.

"It'll be Italy, Spain, or it might even be France. Nobody in Europe likes England. England -- who invented the sport -- has never had any impact on world football.

"England at no time has had the love and support of Europe. For Europe, England is an irritant."

World Cup host countries are chosen by a vote from the representatives of FIFA's executive committee. Football's global governing body is reviewing its decision to rotate the World Cup through different continents beyond 2014.

It is expected FIFA will approve a format which only precludes the continents which held the previous two World Cup -- in the case of 2018, Africa and South America -- from bidding again.

England are expected to launch an official bid to stage the tournament early next year, with the government already indicating its support and appointing former sports minister Richard Caborn as World Cup ambassador.

Warner sees any England bid as being in a direct battle with one from a CONCACAF country.

"There are moves to give it to England. I must fight that," he vowed.

"I really don't believe that we should just lay down and play dead to anyone who wants to take the World Cup from CONCACAF.

"I know in FIFA there are those persons who believe the rules should be changed to satisfy Europe but I tell you this we shall fight it to the very end."

Speaking in his native Trinidad, Warner also slammed Manchester United's recent signing of nine-year-old wonderkid Rhain Davis, whose family have quit Australia for north-west England.

"It's obscene and most absurd," said Warner.

"And we have to fight that and put laws in place to prevent those things. That is almost a kind of football slavery... and we have to understand that slavery by any form is slavery."

FIFA's executive committee in December reprimanded Warner -- but decided not to impose any sanctions -- following the illicit resale of tickets at the 2006 World Cup.

Warner and his son were accused of making money through the illegal sales in an auditor's report, which said Daryan Warner made about one million dollars from resales of tickets through his travel agency. Resales were illegal under FIFA contracts.

The CONCACAF chief of 17 years vehemently denied any wrong-doing.

"I have never sold a World Cup ticket in my life. I sleep very soundly at nights. My heart is clear. My conscience is clear," he said.

Warrior For Life !!

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2007, 08:29:38 PM »
Football Association criticizes Warner for saying England won't host 2018 World Cup  
August 9, 2007

LONDON (AP) -- English Football Association chairman Geoff Thompson criticized FIFA vice president Jack Warner on Thursday for predicting England won't host the 2018 World Cup.

"Understandably, we were shocked and disappointed to read the views attributed to Mr. Warner, with whom we have enjoyed a very good relationship," Thompson said.

ADVERTISEMENT

In an interview with the BBC, Warner said he would "fight to the very end" to stop FIFA from changing its policy of rotating soccer's biggest tournament through different continents, and he ridiculed England's chances even if the rules did change.

"If by chance in 2018 the World Cup were to go to Europe, I'm quite sure, with the English luck as it is, they won't get it," Warner said. "It'll be Italy, Spain, or it might even be France. Nobody in Europe likes England. England -- who invented the sport -- has never had any impact on world football."

Thompson, also a FIFA vice president, said he had written to Warner to ask for an explanation of his "potentially explosive remarks."

Richard Caborn, England's World Cup bid ambassador, also criticized Warner.

"I think it is very unfortunate what Jack Warner is saying but I can understand that he is fighting his corner as president of CONCACAF," said Caborn, a former British sports minister.

CONCACAF is the governing body of North and Central America and the Caribbean, and under the rotation system, the 2018 tournament would be in that region. The U.S. Soccer Federation plans to bid, and the British government has said it would back a bid by England.

FIFA president Sepp Blatter has said the system of rotating the World Cup among continents could end after the 2014 tournament. Warner, who is from Trinidad and Tobago, also told the BBC that racism would prevent him from succeeding Blatter.

"You have black footballers on the field of play," Warner said. "In administration you have whites. I don't think FIFA is ready for a black president yet."

Warner was cleared by FIFA last year of selling thousands of tickets at inflated prices during the 2006 World Cup while his son Daryan was ordered to pay $1 million to SOS Children's Villages. Daryan allegedly sold the tickets through the travel agency Simpaul, which was owned by Warner's family.

Warrior For Life !!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2007, 08:33:09 PM »
just for bad mind, I feel like writing English Football Association chairman Geoff Thompson and telling him dat all Warner want is for him to "show Warner de money" :devil: :devil:
 :angel:
 :whistling:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2007, 08:36:49 PM »
ESPNsoccernet: Caborn hits back at Warner claims

World Cup bid ambassador Richard Caborn has hit back at claims by a FIFA vice-president that England has little chance of hosting the 2018 tournament.

Caborn, Prime Minister Gordon Brown's World Cup ambassador, told PA Sport: 'I think it is very unfortunate what Jack Warner is saying but I can understand that he is fighting his corner as president of CONCACAF.

'He is not speaking on behalf of FIFA, who will decide later this year whether to continue with rotation.

'What's pleasing is that two other executive committee members are committed to Europe. UEFA president Michel Platini, who is also a FIFA vice-president, has come out very clearly to say that he will be fighting for it to come to a European country.

'Franz Beckenbauer, who is also a FIFA executive member, is not just supportive of it coming to Europe but to England in 2018.'

Caborn also said the Football Association could not be accused of having no impact in world football.

He added: 'To attack the FA in this way is unfortunate. They are running many educational programmes around the world and for the last seven years have run three major football workshops in the West Indies.'

FA chairman Geoff Thompson, who is also a FIFA and UEFA vice-president, said: 'I have written to Jack Warner today to clarify the accuracy of the quotes and request his views and an explanation as to why he made them if they are accurate.

'Understandably, we were shocked and disappointed to read the views attributed to Mr Warner, with whom we have enjoyed a very good relationship.

'Until we have all the facts in front of us at the FA, we are both unwilling and unable to pass any comment regarding these potentially explosive remarks.

'However, regarding the FIFA World Cup 2018, the FA, with the full support of the British Government, has already indicated that should FIFA award the World Cup to Europe in 2018, we will give serious consideration to making such a bid.'

Warner claims that England are unlikely to win the race to be hosts.

He told BBC World Service: 'If by chance, in 2018, the World Cup were to go to Europe, I'm quite sure, with the English luck as it is, they won't get it.

'It'll be Italy, Spain, or it might even be France. Nobody in Europe likes England. England - who invented the sport - has never had any impact on World Football. England at no time has had the love and support of Europe. For Europe, England is an irritant.

'There are moves to give it to England. I must fight that. I really don't believe that we should just lay down and play dead to anyone who wants to take the World Cup from CONCACAF.

'I know in FIFA there are those persons who believe the rules should be changed to satisfy Europe but I tell you this today we shall fight it to the very end.'

Warner also spoke about Manchester United's recent signing of a nine-year-old Australian who the club say had recently moved to England.

He added: 'It's obscene and most absurd. And we have to fight that and put laws in place to prevent those things. That is almost a kind of football slavery... and we have to understand that slavery by any form is slavery.'

Warner, from Trinidad and Tobago, believes the colour of his skin would prevent him from succeeding FIFA president Sepp Blatter.

'You have black footballers on the field of play. In administration you have whites. I have seen this for 25 years. 'But I haven't given up. I haven't thrown my hands up in the air. I am there to fight it and to show that we as black people are equally as competent as the white guys.

'It's all good to have a banner to say: `Say No To Racism'. Once a year a banner on a field of play can't prevent racism. It has to be an on-going process. I don't think FIFA is ready for a black president yet.'
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2007, 08:44:52 PM »

The CONCACAF chief of 17 years vehemently denied any wrong-doing.

"I have never sold a World Cup ticket in my life. I sleep very soundly at nights. My heart is clear. My conscience is clear," he said.

That's because you have none, yuh thiefing bastard.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2007, 08:55:54 PM »
What is amazing the man was talkin to d BBC. He taught it was the Probe. More amazing is that he talkin bout how he plan to vote in 2012? How he know Basil eh comin 4 he dutty soul?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2007, 10:33:36 PM »
ok our resident spell-check..

content = world cup 2018 shouldn't go to Europe, should remain in CONCACAF.

delivery = everybody in europe hate england.. dey ent do nothing for football.. i go fight dem..

which part of this confuses you?
Pay attention Omarldumbho, or do you prefer "resident tight ass"?...

Content = The What as in "Nobody likes England"; "England ent do nothing for football"; "England ent getting shit"

Delivery = The How as in said in defiant, irreverent...even dismissive manner.

Now, comprende ese...any part of that confuse you?

wait nuh, you telling me now what my words supposed to mean?

lol

well, why yuh doh come and wipe my tight ass for me while you at it?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2007, 11:09:43 PM »

wait nuh, you telling me now what my words supposed to mean?

lol

Yes, since yuh apparently need help understanding the difference between content and delivery...and want to get testy when man make innocuous l'il comment.

well, why yuh doh come and wipe my tight ass for me while you at it?

You might enjoy dem kinda things hero, but sorry to disappoint yuh...I doh roll so.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 11:42:22 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2007, 11:46:50 PM »

To say that Jack"s statement was inept and uncalled for is putting it mildly.
But outside of all the hype he has a point. Why should the English assume that the WC in 2018 is theirs even before the rotation system is official scrapped.
CONCACAF has a right at this time to host theWC in 2018 and until that is changed England should cool it
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2007, 12:19:02 AM »
Fifa man opposes England 2018 bid 
By Chris Mitchell
BBC World Service 

Audio Link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/player/sol/newsid_6930000/newsid_6939300?redirect=6939381.stm&news=1&nbwm=1&nbram=1&bbwm=1&bbram=1

Warner wants the 2018 World Cup to come to the Concacaf region
Fifa vice-president Jack Warner said he will battle to stop England hosting the 2018 World Cup.

His decision will be a blow to the Football Association, who were likely to plan a bid on the back of any change to the current selection procedures.

"If the World Cup were to go to Europe, I'm quite sure, with the English luck as it is, they won't get it," Warner told BBC World Service.

"There are moves to give it to England. I must fight that."

Interview: Fifa vice-president Jack Warner
Interview: 2018 World Cup ambassador Richard Caborn

Warner, a member of the world football body's executive committee since 1983, added: "It will be Italy, Spain, or even France who will get the World Cup if it goes to Europe.

They are personal remarks - I think Fifa will distance themselves from them very quickly

Brian Barwick
FA chief executive

"Nobody in Europe likes England. England invented the sport but has never made any impact on world football."

FA chief executive Brian Barwick told BBC Radio Five Live he was "disappointed" by Warner's remarks.

"On Uefa, we are - alongside Germany - the most well-represented country in football across committees and working groups.

"I think frankly they are personal remarks," he added. "I think Fifa will distance themselves from them very quickly."

It is believed Fifa president Sepp Blatter is set to end the World Cup rotation policy when the executive committee meet later in the year.

Instead, the association are likely to approve a format that only precludes the continents that held the previous two World Cups from bidding again, which in 2018 would be Africa and South America.

Warner, president of Concacaf, added that he would battle to bring international football's premier tournament to his region, which covers North and Central America and the Caribbean.

606: DEBATE
What are your views on Warner's comments? 

"I really don't believe that we should just lay down and play dead to anyone who wants to take the World Cup from Concacaf," he said.

In July another Fifa executive committee member and former World Cup winner, German legend Franz Beckenbauer, offered his support to England hosting the 2018 World Cup.

He told BBC Five Live's Sportsweek: "There is no better country in Europe to host the World Cup in 2018. England is the favourite."

He added: "The most important thing is to end the rotation and bring the tournament back to Europe.

"The Premier League at the moment is the best league in Europe and the stadiums are outstanding.

"In my opinion, there is only one very serious candidate and it is England."

Warrior For Life !!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 10, 2007, 12:44:03 AM »

But outside of all the hype he has a point. Why should the English assume that the WC in 2018 is theirs even before the rotation system is official scrapped.
CONCACAF has a right at this time to host theWC in 2018 and until that is changed England should cool it
I doh think England is really assuming nutten nah breds, but look at the situation:  FIFA is considering scrapping the rotation thing, with an eye towards returning the Cup to Europe.  That being the case, take a look at the leading candidates, The Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Italy, Portugal, France and England.  Right off the bat, scrap Germany and France.  Spain and Italy are excellent candidates, but are likely to face obstacles owing to recent vilolence and issues with racism (not insurmountable obstacles, but compare to the other countries).  So...that leaves England, The Netherlands and Portugal...and it is clear who would be the front-runner.

Even if you put Spain and Italy back in the mix I think England still has to like their chances...and I think that's why they've been showing so much confidence that should the Cup return to Europe, they would be among the top two/three countries to have a really viable shot.  What you think?

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2007, 02:50:34 AM »
Guys, my viewpoint as an Englishman (who obviously everybody hates)

Firstly, as Bakes said, it is a global view within FIFA that the rotation ends. This is purely because there are only three potential candidates. USA and Mexico have hosted recently and Canada hasn't the facilities.

Europe is the logical choice for taking up the extra place, as it has the most countries capable of  successful bid. Italy, France, Spain and Germany are out as they have hosted recently. Whether you like England or not, it has probably the best stadia of the remaining choices. It will also bring in the most revenue. By 2018, it will be 52 years since England hosted. Compare that to other major footballing nations.

Ok, now to Mr Warner. Obviously he's been reading Mr Mugabes guide on how to get yourself laughed at internationally.

Overnight, he's managed to get himself from being the guy everyone wants to suck up to, to being the most unpopular guy in the UK.

Scotland don't like him after the McBeth issue, now he's an enemy of the English FA.

People will take sides and a lot of European countries will line up behind England. (not because they like us, but because they don't like Warner)

Warner may well have become the first black FIFA president. The problem is not his colour, its his mouth.

Who the hell is he to say that European countries hate England? If they do, thats their problem, not his.

Its only a matter of time before Warner goes one sentence further and makes a racist remark. He complained when McBeth accused Africa and the Caribbean of being corrupt, yet Warner can narrow his remarks down to a nation. Being anti English isn't racist? Now I know there will be people who may argue with me over that, but if an Englishman made those comments about Nigeria, Warner would classify it as racist.

Warners chip on his shoulder stems from his fading power. He's now accusing FIFA of being anti black. The truth is, Warners a lunatic and it doesn't matter one bit what colour he is.

You watch the backlash amongst supporters and the administration. Warners kicked over the wrong rock. This is pure gold dust for FPATT. They couldn't get anything into the press about the blacklists etc. Now, any anti Warner news will be all over the papers and  from there, all over the world.They will be out to get Warner, and he's in for a very rough ride.

He thought he had problems with Andrew Jennings, well, he ain't seen nothing yet!

I can see no logical reason why Warner would come out and blatantly attack England. He could have said the same, but much more diplomatically.

As far as I can see, he's finished at FIFA. Just a matter of time now.

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Warner described in The Times as a Loose Cannon & FIFA Radical !!
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2007, 02:54:01 AM »
My boss brought this section of the times up to me this morning....

Well done Jack, for putting Trinidad on the Map !!  :-[

At least you're bringing forth the plight of the Warriors albeit inadvertently

‘England is an irritant,’ says Fifa radical over 2018 World Cup bid

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/world_cup/article2231743.ece

A loose cannon in a Fifa suit yesterday attempted to shoot down England’s bid for the 2018 World Cup finals, upsetting the FA with an off-target volley of abuse that attempted to portray the English as isolated and friendless in Europe.

The FA said that it is “shocked and disappointed” at the outburst from Jack Warner, a Fifa vice-president, who said that he would do everything in his power to prevent England hosting the tournament.

“There are moves to give it to England. I must fight that,” Warner, the president of Concacaf and effectively head of the Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation, said. “If, by chance, in 2018, the World Cup were to go to Europe, I’m quite sure, with the English luck as it is, they won’t get it,” he said. “It’ll be Italy, Spain, or it might even be France. Nobody in Europe likes England. England – who invented the sport – has never had any impact on world football. England at no time has had the love and support of Europe. For Europe, England is an irritant.”

In May, trenchant comments from Warner helped to force the removal of John McBeth from his post as Britain’s Fifa vice-president before he had started. Warner accused McBeth of racism and “evil” after he gave an interview saying that African and Caribbean countries were “tainted with greed”.

Warner is sensitive to such an allegation. In 2006 he was accused of profiting to the tune of £500,000 from the illegal sale of World Cup tickets, including some for England matches, distributed via his travel company. Which happened to possess the exclusive rights to sell Trinidad & Tobago’s entire allocation.

He denied selling black-market tickets. Fifa did not prove his involvement, but its ethics committee criticised his conduct while secretly fining Warner’s son, Daryan, nearly US$1 million for reselling tickets ordered by his father at several times face value.

Many of the Trinidad & Tobago World Cup squad, including Shaka Hislop, now of FC Dallas, the MLS side, Kenwyne Jones, of Southamp-ton, and Stern John, of Sunderland, have been blacklisted by their national association, which they are suing, in a bonus row.

Warner was also involved in a ticket scandal in Trinidad in 1989, when his federation printed 45,000 tickets for a World Cup qualifier against the United States. The stadium’s capacity was 28,500. The 64-year-old has been in charge of Concacaf since 1990 and has recently been reelected until 2011. He is one of the closest allies of Sepp Blatter, the Fifa president.

Fifa is rotating the World Cup between continents until 2014, but is expected to introduce a format that stops the continents that held the previous two World Cup finals from bidding. In 2018, that would be Africa and South America. So England’s bid is likely to be pitted against one from Warner’s constituency – North and Central America and the Caribbean.

“I really don’t believe that we should just lay down and play dead to anyone who wants to take the World Cup from Concacaf,” Warner added. “I know in Fifa there are those persons who believe the rules should be changed to satisfy Europe, but we shall fight it to the end.”

Geoff Thompson, the FA chairman, said: “I have written to Jack Warner to clarify the accuracy of the quotes and request his views and an explanation as to why he made them if they are accurate. We were shocked and disappointed to read the views attributed to Mr Warner.”

Michel Platini, the Uefa president, will fight for a European World Cup in 2018 and is believed to support England, while Franz Beckenbauer, a Fifa’s executive committee member, said last month: “There is only one serious candidate and it is England.”

Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2007, 03:00:26 AM »

I looking out for all those idiots who wanted this jacka** to get our country's highest award !!!

Where all yuh??  BIG FRIGGING STEUPS!
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2007, 03:14:26 AM »

I doh think England is really assuming nutten nah breds, but look at the situation:  FIFA is considering scrapping the rotation thing, with an eye towards returning the Cup to Europe.  That being the case, take a look at the leading candidates, The Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Italy, Portugal, France and England.  Right off the bat, scrap Germany and France.  Spain and Italy are excellent candidates, but are likely to face obstacles owing to recent vilolence and issues with racism (not insurmountable obstacles, but compare to the other countries).  So...that leaves England, The Netherlands and Portugal...and it is clear who would be the front-runner.

Even if you put Spain and Italy back in the mix I think England still has to like their chances...and I think that's why they've been showing so much confidence that should the Cup return to Europe, they would be among the top two/three countries to have a really viable shot.  What you think?

I agree that at this point if any European country have a valid claim to hosting the WC it will be England, as an added inducement the staging of the Olympics and all the organising and development that goes with it will be a big big thing.
However the system as it stands now says Concacaf is next, Germany was last year and if the cup goes to England in 2018 then in 12 yrs it's back in Europe. I say not fair.
Concacaf deserves to get it's piece of the pie also and I agree with Jack that we should fight for that right however Jack's iinsults are the wrong way to express this, in fact he has done his cause more bad than good.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2007, 03:39:02 AM »
Well yes! I told you, one of these days he will talk and talk, until he talks himself out of power.

I also said the only solution to the problem that is Jackula is for someone (or plenty someones) who hate him more than we do, to get him out of FIFA. I also said that the european members will sooner or later get rid of him.

He is an embarrassment to FIFA. Yes, all ah dem is tief, but he specifically is an ass! He lacks decorum, tact, class and most times sense! He keeps bringing the media's attention to the internal corruption in FIFA, which though normal is secretive (at least they want to keep it that way).

He has gotten so accustomed to waging war on lil plebs and laying waste to any opposition that he now feels he can take on the might of europe and win.

Sad, sad Jack. Don't you know no lil upstart from a small island in the third world (cause that's how they view us) could come and hold all of them to ransome, and mess up the lifetime set up that all of them have going?

Jack's days as a FIFA bigwig are numbered. If only the same can be said for his days in T&T. Cause once he loses his grip in the FIFA world, he will turn ALL his attention and venom to politics in T&T. Sigh!

(The views expressed by Redtrinigirl are hers and hers alone, and in no way reflect the views of The Warrior Nation body :D)
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline superoli

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2007, 03:45:52 AM »
people also forgetting that Netherlands and Belgium also said they would bid but Warner decide to rounds on England.

The man is friogging gutter rat
Superoli for President of TTFF
I have one promise...........
A professional organization for professional players

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2007, 04:13:29 AM »
people also forgetting that Netherlands and Belgium also said they would bid but Warner decide to rounds on England.

The man is friogging gutter rat

Oli, you know how long I eh here somebody say dat?  :rotfl:
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2007, 04:19:11 AM »
For some reason the name 'Issa Hayatou' comes to mind ...

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2007, 06:17:41 AM »
The FA should know by now that you cannot trust Warner. Here is what is really despicable about this and lets you know that FIFA is all about nasty politics.

When England was bidding for the 2006 WC Warner took full advantage of their lobbying and promised the 3 Concacaf votes, only to bail on them after the 1st round of voting. England would not have survived the round anyway but it looked very bad and was probably a breach of whatever promise was made.

Fast forward to 2007 and Warner is getting heat from English journalists and British FIFA execs. England clearly will not try to curry his favor this time around and so he is on the offensive because if England hosts 2018 one man who will be persona non grata will be Jack Warner.

Here is an old article from a time when England was more “loved” by the rest of the world.

Football: Crucial breakthrough for 2006 World Cup bid
Nick Harris

ENGLAND HAVE moved a step closer to winning the right to stage the 2006 World Cup after winning the influential support of three key voters on the executive committee of Fifa, football's world governing body.
Following intensive lobbying over the past week in the Bahamas, it is understood that the three Fifa executive members from the Football Confederation (the game's ruling body in North America and the Caribbean) have decided to vote for England when the hosts are chosen in Zurich on 6 July. South Africa, Germany, Morocco and Brazil are the other countries in the running.

Without the support of the Football Confederation members, the English bid stands a strong chance of being knocked out of contention in the early rounds of voting. With their support, however, England should stay in contention through the first round and secure the tournament on second and third preference votes.
The three Football Confederation members are Jack Warner (the president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association and the head of the Football Confederation), Isaac Sasso Sasso of Costa Rica and Chuck Blazer of the United States. It is known that the three men intend to cast their votes as a block and sources close to them say that they intend to declare publicly in England's favour.

Warner visited England recently and said at the weekend: "The professionalism of England's bid over the last two years has been unparalleled." England's bid team, led by Sir Bobby Charlton and Sir Geoff Hurst, has spent the last week in Nassau, lobbying the three Fifa executive members. Insiders believe that the three votes are now secure.
There are 24 Fifa executive members and the votes of the Football Confederation members have been viewed as crucial to the outcome. Voting will take place in stages, with the least-supported nation eliminated at each stage until one country has a majority.

Morocco and Brazil are unlikely to receive more than three votes each in the first round of voting and should be eliminated. England, with the Football Confederation's support, will probably get six or seven (the Football Confederation, Scotland, New Zealand, Malta and/ or Thailand), while South Africa and Germany are likely to get six or seven each.

The nations voting for Brazil and Morocco (from Africa, Asia and South America) are likely to split their second votes between South Africa and England. Germany would thus be eliminated, and the fate of Germany's votes would then become crucial in deciding who wins the competition.

As The Independent reported last month, Germany currently has the majority of the votes of the European members of the Fifa executive committee but Uefa, European football's governing body, has told its members they should vote for England if Germany is eliminated. If the Uefa members switch their votes as expected to England when Germany fall out of the race, England will win.

While nothing is ever certain in football politics, the bid team is increasingly confident. "We have been campaigning for four years and we always recognised that the run-in period would be the most intense battle," said Alec McGivan, England's campaign director, as he prepared to fly from the Bahamas to the next lobbying venue, the Asian Football Federation conference in Malaysia.

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2007, 06:20:47 AM »
Jack warner is a business man, money tailks and bull shyte............... but in any case do you think this man cares about who host or not. the man is all about monitary gain.
Game, set and Match justcool. This is guntalk to make the FA pay higher bribes to Warner and his band of goons at FIFA.

1]; } ?>