June 16, 2024, 09:00:12 PM

Author Topic: England's 2018 World Cup hopes rest on Warner  (Read 29433 times)

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: FIFA v-p says England will lose 2018 bid
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2007, 06:22:22 AM »
Looks like Jack was expecting something for the 2006 bid and did not get it. Now is payback time with a vengeance.
As redtrinigirl say this could be the end of him because of his big stuttering mouth.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2007, 06:58:45 AM »
thats what we get for supporting an dishonest man, no matter what his back ground jack is not a good man

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2007, 07:20:06 AM »
Its only a matter of time before Warner goes one sentence further and makes a racist remark.

I guess you didnt get the memo.....

No Foreigner, particularly a white foreigner....will come in my country and disrespect me!

Jack Warner....when speaking about Andrew Jennings.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2007, 07:28:52 AM »
Its only a matter of time before Warner goes one sentence further and makes a racist remark.

No Foreigner, particularly a white foreigner....will come in my country and disrespect me!

Yeah, but that was when people in UK weren't listening! Now, every word he mumbles will be watched.

By the way, has anybody heard from TTFF lately? I don't think Oliver Camps and friends have spoken since the Gold Cup.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2007, 09:25:12 AM »
SERIOUS QUESTION:

does warner have any sort of education?

high school? university? votech?

uuuhhh....Andre yuh forget de man used to teach.....so in terms ah yuh question ah eh know which worse....he eh educated (he cyar possibly be) but he was ah teacher.....maybe if we look around society we might find ah few peeps who "benefited" from his tutelage....

Yeah, but that was when people in UK weren't listening! Now, every word he mumbles will be watched.

By the way, has anybody heard from TTFF lately? I don't think Oliver Camps and friends have spoken since the Gold Cup.

Uuuuuuummm FPATT, Scamps and Rodent don't speak on anything........ever....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2007, 12:48:51 PM »
In England, He’s Jack the Cad
By Jack Bell (New York Times)

August 10, 2007,  12:52 pm

Forget Prime Minister Gordon Brown. Forget the soccer refugee David Beckham.
Jack Warner is the most talked about man in Britain right now, and that is not necessarily a good thing.
Warner, who is from Trinidad and Tobago, is the head of Concacaf, the regional confederation that governs the game in North America, Central America and the Caribbean. He is also a major player on FIFA’s powerful executive committee. His latest pronouncements have caught him in a swirl of controversy.
On Thursday, Warner told the BBC that he would do everything in his power to make sure that England (or any European country for that matter) does not get to play host to the World Cup in 2018. Warner, and his acolytes in Concacaf, are committed to making sure FIFA follows through with its concept of rotation for the World Cup finals. The tournament has been in Asia (South Korea and Japan in 2002), Europe (Germany 2006), it will be played in Africa (South Africa in 2010) and is probably headed to South America in 2014 (Brazil). That means, theoretically, that the 2018 World Cup should go to a Concacaf nation (probably either the United States, Mexico or Canada).

FIFA vice president Jack Warner, right, with Sepp Blatter, the president of the international soccer governing body. (Paul Chiasson/Associated Press)

But England and several other European countries want to trash the rotation concept, claiming that the game’s financial and spiritual clout are in Europe and that the continent deserves to play host to the World Cup more than once every Ice Age.
“If by chance, in 2018, the World Cup were to go to Europe, I’m quite sure, with the English luck as it is, they won’t get it,” Warner told the BBC.
“It’ll be Italy, Spain, or it might even be France. Nobody in Europe likes England. England–who invented the sport - has never had any impact on World Football. England at no time has had the love and support of Europe. For Europe, England is an irritant.
“There are moves to give it to England. I must fight that. I really don’t believe that we should just lay down and play dead to anyone who wants to take the World Cup from CONCACAF.
“I know in Fifa there are those persons who believe the rules should be changed to satisfy Europe but I tell you this today, we shall fight it to the very end.”
The reaction in England was swift and universally against Warner, a man who has had to deal with his share of controversy the past year.
First, he was sanctioned by FIFA for scalping World Cup tickets and for his involvement in the only travel agency authorized to book package trips from Trinidad fans going to Germany. More recently, Trinidad’s World Cup players were barred from participating in the Concacaf Gold Cup after going public with their dispute over World Cup bonus money, money they say had been promised to them by Warner.
Brian Barwick, the chief executive of the English Football Association, told BBC Radio Five Live he was “disappointed” by Warner’s remarks.
“On Uefa, we are–alongside Germany–the most well-represented country in football across committees and working groups.
“I think frankly they are personal remarks,” he added. “I think FIFA will distance themselves from them very quickly.”
FIFA is scheduled to decide whether to continue the World Cup rotation policy, which has been informal up until now, at an executive committee meeting later this year.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2007, 04:56:52 PM »
I benefitted whenever he was not on FIFA business. He was always arrogant he would but all kind ah comments in your exam script. I am sure Gordon Brown is happy for the outburst any honeymoon he would have gotten is now extended
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Warner: No apology to England.
« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2007, 09:18:01 AM »
Warner: No apology to England.
T&T Newsday

FIFA vice-president, president of the CONCACAF and CFU Jack Warner said that there was “nothing to apologise for” concerning his comments regarding England and their 2018 World Cup bid.
In an interview with the BBC World Service, Warner dismissed England’s chances of attaining the World Cup even if under the rotation policy the tournament was to come to Europe.
He said then, that England was unpopular in Europe and their chances of getting the World Cup was doomed.
“The World Cup is awarded every four years under the policy of rotation, each Confederation has to have it at least once in 24 years and that was how South Africa got it, otherwise it would not have gone to the African Continent since it has not gone there for 100 years,” said Warner.
South Africa were major bidders for the 2006 World Cup which was awarded to Germany. However, under the policy of rotation South Africa won the bid to stage the 2010 World Cup thus continuing the movement of the tournament through the several federations.
He said the policy of rotation began in France in 1998 and then went to Asia 2002, then 2006 it went to Europe, 2010 to Africa, 2014 to Brazil and 2018 is CONCACAF.
Warner said it was “CONCACAF time now” and if the rotation policy would be revisited, 2022 was the time suitors needed to look on their calendar and he would “fight the decision to the end.”
The last time CONCACAF staged the World Cup was back in 1994 in the United States.
Warner was quoted as saying, “I really don’t believe that we should just lay low and play dead to anyone who wants to take the World Cup from CONCACAF.
“I know in FIFA there are those persons who believe that the rules should be changed to satisfy Europe but I tell you this day we shall fight it to the very end.”
He said, if Europe were even awarded the 2018 World Cup he was not sure that England would even host it because “England is not loved by Europe.”
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2007, 09:53:03 PM »
Foot in mouth spreads to Fifa
By: Ron Liddle (Times Online)

Jack Warner’s ridiculous World Cup tirade against England should not just be laughed off

What qualifications do you suppose you need to become a vice-president of Fifa? Obviously it helps if you are a morally filthy, corrupt autocrat, simultaneously loathed and feared in your homeland. But you also need to be able to connive; to ingratiate yourself with some of this planet’s less agreeable human beings – such as Sepp Blatter. A total and utter disregard for football would be useful and an extended family, for taking advantage of business “opportunities” that may arise, more useful still.

But you must surely also need a vague facility for diplomacy, what with all that horse-trading to be done. Don’t make too many enemies, try to keep everyone onside. You would think that might be the case.

One of the current vice-presidents of Fifa is Jack Warner, who hails from one of either Trinidad or Tobago – he is also the president of Concacaf, the organisation that looks after the footballing interests of the nations in North and Central America and the Caribbean.

I ought to point out straight away that Jack is not necessarily a morally filthy, corrupt autocrat who is loathed and feared in Trinidad & Tobago – that was just a job spec I was advancing above. Thought I ought to make that clear, before we proceed any further.

Mr Warner has recently divested himself of his views about England and its contribution to world football. He has pronounced himself determined to stop England winning the bid to host the 2018 World Cup and added the following: “Nobody in Europe likes England. England – who invented the sport – have never had any impact upon world football. England at no time has had the love and support of Europe. Europe considers England an irritant.” This is the supposedly disinterested vice-president of Fifa speaking, and Fifa has yet to dissociate itself from his views.

It’s an odd thing for Mr Warner to say. England have won the World Cup once and appeared in eight quarter-finals and two semi-finals since 1934. In the same period the entire region of which Jack is president has managed three quarter-final appearances – two of them courtesy of Mexico, playing at home, in 1970 and 1986.

Notwithstanding Concacaf’s dismal performance, its representation at the final stages has increased almost fourfold since Jack became president. We lucky punters now get to see the fantastically useless Trinidad & Tobago or Jamaica playing in the World Cup finals – rather than, say, Turkey or Russia, for which many thanks, Jack.

I’m not sure he is right about England inventing the sport, either – codified its rules, maybe, in our usual public school punctilious manner. Perhaps Mr Warner was just being generous in this regard.

I’ve been trying to work out the source of Mr Warner’s Anglophobia, which seems to extend beyond a mere wish to see a Concacaf nation host the 2018 tournament. Perhaps it has been occasioned by a certain doggedness on the part of some Englishmen – not from the FA, of course, who predictably couldn’t give a monkey’s – to investigate Mr Warner’s personal financial arrangements. Largely, it has to be said, journalists (and especially from the BBC’s Panorama team). But also accountants. Ernst & Young, the Fifa auditor, estimated that Mr Warner’s family had trousered at least $1m from reselling tickets for the 2006 World Cup in Germany.

It has been alleged that Mr Warner’s son – a ticket agent, natch – sold 5,400 tickets for games involving England and Italy and so on. Of course, faced with this evidence, Fifa was forced, much against its will, to “investigate” Jack Warner itself. It concluded that because it was his son who had sold the allocation of tickets, rather than Jack, then Jack couldn’t really be disciplined. Should the sins of the son be visited upon the father? No, of course not: Fifa must have concluded that it was a mere coincidence that the grossly unethical reselling of the Fifa ticket allocation happened to have been done by someone in Jack’s family. However, it issued Mr Warner a “stern” reprimand and reportedly fined his family nearly $1m.

In any other line of business, you might think it peculiar that a chap like Jack Warner – having been officially reprimanded and with his financial affairs held up to scrutiny – should be allowed to continue as a vice-president of the organisation. But that would be to forget, or dismiss, the fact that the president himself is Sepp Blatter, a man who has not been entirely free of allegations of corruption and bribery during his seemingly never-ending tenure.

The FA has reacted with a vague pique to Warner’s comments. Even the outgoing sports minister, Richard Caborn, indulgently chuckled to himself and said: “Well, that’s Jack.”

Yes, it is indeed Jack – and he should be attracting more than our mild opprobrium. Imagine for a moment if some Fifa bigwig pronounced that the Caribbean countries had always been useless at football, that nobody liked them and that he intended to do everything he could to stop them hosting a tournament. Can you imagine the furore that would result? He’d be out of a job and probably investigated for a hate crime.

But it was said about England, so we shrug our shoulders and think no more about it.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2007, 04:50:02 AM »
I am disapointed that a newspaper such as the Times (albeit the online version) would carry such insulting remarks about T&T and Jamaica.

This is pure knee jerk abuse aimed at Warner, but hitting Caribbean nations. Ok, lets accept for a second that T&T and Jamaica are "fantastically useless". On that basis, so is Egypt, Morrocco, Australia, El Salvador, Scotland, Wales, N.Ireland and many other countries that reached the finals once and got knocked out.

Mr Liddle seems to fail to understand the pure global beauty of the World Cup and hat it means to these "fantastically useless" teams and their supporters, and how qualification helps to develop the game in those nations.

Does he just want England, Germany, Italy, Brazil and Argentina in the world cup finals?

Does he forget that it took the fantastic footballing nation of England 80 minutes and a biy of hair pulling to score their first goal against TNT?

Mr Liddle has let himself and England down with these comments.

His anti Warner rant is to be expected, but theres no need to extend this to Warners nation, or those of other Caribbean nations.

I wrote a post a while ago explaining that the rest of the world doesn't give a t**s about the events in T&T. By that, I meant the worlds press. Now they are so quick to insult Warner (he's made himself a target, so that hs fault) but they are not bothering to complete any accurate research. This article would not have been god enough to be published a week ago, but now, anything anti Warner will get in.

As an Englishman, I ask all on this site to forgive these idiots. This is not the view of the general public or football supporter. However, it is bringing Mr Warners conduct to the front and will put more pressure on him and his FIFA position than ever before.

I will endeavour to correct these English journalists, but unfortunately most of them are loose cannons. I would think a right of reply is in order.   

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 12, 2007, 06:39:00 AM »
How predictable. :shameonyou:

Jackula has made a clear calculation that he must attack England with sweeping pre-meditated ferocious insults, finding England's sensitive unhealed post WWII Europe wound, rile up the ire of the proud Brits (even possibly peeling away some Scot and Irish support), draw a strong enough backlash at himself and by extenson, enough collateral damage and hurt to the brittle psyche of T&T, the caribbean and the Concacaf region, that old T&T and caribbean postcolonial wounds are re-opened, stinging us into a reflex fury, hopefully redirecting our anger away from Jackula, Scamps and co.  and on to a new pre-occupation with England as the ogre and devil that is after us and our new-found martyr Jackula, who is clearly prepared to die for the cause of his Concacaf bredren and homeland and protect us and the troops from the supposedly re-conquering English army.

With this maneuvre, and emphasizing the need for a we-time-now mentality for World Cup, he is hoping to re-enlist Mexican, USA, Costa Rican, Jamaican and T&T soldiers and more importantly "Concacaf-for-World-Cup war financers" on to his side, just when he was being seen as a liability to the region and resented at home like never before. With his home base collapsing around him and even turning on his faithful Tonto (Scamps) , Jackula is desperate to cause a vicious new polarization that he could engineer, ignite, fan the flames and direct like the true divide-and-conquerer that he is.

For those who reading de play, this should be your reaction to Jackula .......   :puking:   :yawning:

FPATT and de Warriors, hold yuh ground. Sancho, ah hope yuh watching on. You is de fella wid de psychology degree. Secure yuh contract quickly and get ready for war.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 10:23:49 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 12, 2007, 07:53:03 AM »
I am disapointed that a newspaper such as the Times (albeit the online version) would carry such insulting remarks about T&T and Jamaica.

This is pure knee jerk abuse aimed at Warner, but hitting Caribbean nations. Ok, lets accept for a second that T&T and Jamaica are "fantastically useless". On that basis, so is Egypt, Morrocco, Australia, El Salvador, Scotland, Wales, N.Ireland and many other countries that reached the finals once and got knocked out.

Mr Liddle seems to fail to understand the pure global beauty of the World Cup and hat it means to these "fantastically useless" teams and their supporters, and how qualification helps to develop the game in those nations.

Does he just want England, Germany, Italy, Brazil and Argentina in the world cup finals?

Does he forget that it took the fantastic footballing nation of England 80 minutes and a biy of hair pulling to score their first goal against TNT?

His anti Warner rant is to be expected, but theres no need to extend this to Warners nation, or those of other Caribbean nations.

I wrote a post a while ago explaining that the rest of the world doesn't give a t**s about the events in T&T. By that, I meant the worlds press. Now they are so quick to insult Warner (he's made himself a target, so that hs fault) but they are not bothering to complete any accurate research. This article would not have been god enough to be published a week ago, but now, anything anti Warner will get in.

As an Englishman, I ask all on this site to forgive these idiots. This is not the view of the general public or football supporter. However, it is bringing Mr Warners conduct to the front and will put more pressure on him and his FIFA position than ever before.

I will endeavour to correct these English journalists, but unfortunately most of them are loose cannons. I would think a right of reply is in order.   

Good response FPATT... in his (justifiable) outrage against Jack's bumbling and insulting tirade, the author does... the same thing. In trading insults (especially in such an august publication) he does his cause no good. This guy seems to forget the point of football and the World Cup in particular.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 12, 2007, 10:46:39 AM »

I have no issue with the comments.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 12, 2007, 10:51:26 AM »

Good response FPATT... in his (justifiable) outrage against Jack's bumbling and insulting tirade, the author does... the same thing. In trading insults (especially in such an august publication) he does his cause no good. This guy seems to forget the point of football and the World Cup in particular.

Neither Trinidad nor Jamaica has done anything to distinguish ourselves (other than the famous draw with a habitually underperforming Swedish squad) at the World Cup finals.  It is evident that CONCACAF has benefitted with an extra allottment at Europe's expense...from a pure footballing perspective either Turkey or Russia would have been a much better addition among the final 32.  It's a harsh statement but a correct one.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 12, 2007, 01:50:34 PM »
Bakes, sorry mate, but if you qualify, you deserve to be there. End of.

I don't care if Turkey or Russia may beat TNT in a match. TNT qualified through their region. OK, maybe Warner helped to increase the representation from CONCACAF. So be it. TNT did the country, the Caribbean and CONCACAF proud.

And intensified the diversity of football and culture that Jules Rimet envisaged.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2007, 02:31:39 PM »

I don't care if Turkey or Russia may beat TNT in a match. TNT qualified through their region. OK, maybe Warner helped to increase the representation from CONCACAF. So be it. TNT did the country, the Caribbean and CONCACAF proud......

:applause:

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2007, 02:50:28 PM »

I don't care if Turkey or Russia may beat TNT in a match. TNT qualified through their region. OK, maybe Warner helped to increase the representation from CONCACAF. So be it. TNT did the country, the Caribbean and CONCACAF proud.

And intensified the diversity of football and culture that Jules Rimet envisaged.

:beermug: :beermug:
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 12, 2007, 06:00:42 PM »

You're preaching to the choir on this, what you and your cheerleaders fail to realize is that the journalist isn't saying that TnT and Jamaica didn't belong or got some underhanded help at qualifying.  The fact of the matter is that TnT only got to Germany last year because (no 'maybe') Jack campaigned for and got the extra half a slot allotment, allowing for us to have the play-in against Bahrain.  My view won't be popular, but popularity is not what I seek...from an objective standpoint there is nothing wrong with the comments...and notice I prefaced my comments by stipulating that one look at this from a purely footballing standpoint.  From a purely footballing standpoint, all talk of "diversity" and which region the finalist qualified from etc. really amounts to nought.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 12, 2007, 09:08:54 PM »

You're preaching to the choir on this, what you and your cheerleaders fail to realize is that the journalist isn't saying that TnT and Jamaica didn't belong or got some underhanded help at qualifying.  The fact of the matter is that TnT only got to Germany last year because (no 'maybe') Jack campaigned for and got the extra half a slot allotment, allowing for us to have the play-in against Bahrain.  My view won't be popular, but popularity is not what I seek...from an objective standpoint there is nothing wrong with the comments...and notice I prefaced my comments by stipulating that one look at this from a purely footballing standpoint.  From a purely footballing standpoint, all talk of "diversity" and which region the finalist qualified from etc. really amounts to nought.

So, are you saying, from a purely footballing standpoint, that it would have been better if the place had been given wholly to Asia and Bahrain qualified?

Whatever the footballing arguments,I still take offence at the guy describing T&T (and Jamaica) as fantastically useless. It is a cheap, throwaway comment that does developing football nations no justice.  If he had comented that perhaps T&T was not ready for the global stage, at least it would leave some room for debate.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2007, 09:17:18 PM »
FPATT, doh forget is a setup well engineered by the master divider and conquerer. Doh geh sucked into this back and forth. Daiz EXACTLY what Jackula is hoping for...I'm tellin you ...(as Sprangalang would say). All of you going at each others throat causing a little offense here, a little offense there because of semantics that just could not be phrased right.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2007, 09:48:41 PM »
Yah yah Peter 'Crouch" go pay for Paul .Jack sprat say so the pied pipper cometh.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2007, 10:02:12 PM »

Neither Trinidad nor Jamaica has done anything to distinguish ourselves (other than the famous draw with a habitually underperforming Swedish squad) at the World Cup finals. It is evident that CONCACAF has benefitted with an extra allottment at Europe's expense...from a pure footballing perspective either Turkey or Russia would have been a much better addition among the final 32. It's a harsh statement but a correct one.
You should get props from a soccer stand point ,buh yah should get stripped of your citizenship ,and your mouth wash with some blue soap . Jah what ah f**king dream come true mafter we get screwed so many times and u say we never  deserve it Hark to according to big M .

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2007, 10:19:12 PM »
So, are you saying, from a purely footballing standpoint, that it would have been better if the place had been given wholly to Asia and Bahrain qualified?

Whatever the footballing arguments,I still take offence at the guy describing T&T (and Jamaica) as fantastically useless. It is a cheap, throwaway comment that does developing football nations no justice.  If he had comented that perhaps T&T was not ready for the global stage, at least it would leave some room for debate.

Well taking offense would be your right... I see no reason to quibble with it, like I said harsh, but accurate, unless we're bringing something to the table then "useless" might not be pretty, but apt.  I additionally said nothing about Asia and Bahrain...from a purely "footballing standpoint" they wouldn't even be in the discussion.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2007, 10:27:32 PM »
You should get props from a soccer stand point ,buh yah should get stripped of your citizenship ,and your mouth wash with some blue soap . Jah what ah f**king dream come true mafter we get screwed so many times and u say we never  deserve it Hark to according to big M .
Stop being so friggin emotional, it's not becoming. 

I never said anything about us not deserving to make it, we played well and within the construct...as such we got there and did the best we could.  Many deserving teams also try and fail for years before getting in, many never make it...their dreams similarly shattered, many of them 'screwed' as well...you can't tell me money isn't changing hands in some of those African countries...that's the way of the world unfortunately.

As fuh this nonsense of getting mih citizenship stripped  *steups*...or as Big Mag. should be saying *hawk.. ptui*

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2007, 10:33:39 PM »
Ah must get emotional diaz ah real f**k up thing to say ,so late in the nite ....steuppppsss I going and sleep .

Offline Hardball King

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2007, 08:59:52 AM »
Mamayo. Look what someone from Britain, I guess, said about Mr. Warner. His comments have raised the ire of British fans:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A25706360

Four Jacks and A Jill!

Little Jack Warner
Sat in the corner
Phoning the FIFA guy

He bought a few tickets
And made cash in brickets
And said, “what a corrupt boy am I!”

Little Jack Warner
Sat in the corner
Phoning the big fat guy

He ‘forgot’ his work ethic
Screaming, “this is pathetic”
But hung on to the cash with a sigh

Little Jack Warner
Sat in the corner
Scoffing up the FIFA pie

He called Joseph Blatter
Right through the phone clatter
“Sepp, I’ve just screwed another guy.”

Little Jack Warner
Sat in the corner
Bleeding World Football dry

He called a pet FA,
“Today will be my day.
I’m gonna make Football cry.”

Little Jack Warner
Sat in the corner
Concocting another lie

The Investigators
Were vicious as ‘gators
……. Jack got away, he’s so sly!

Little Jack Warner
Sat in the corner
Cooking up another lie

“These sick allegations,
are all fabrications.
Ay many …………. It ain’t I.”

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2007, 09:50:39 AM »
The British press diss oui oh I will b cryin myself to sleep tonigt.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Warner goes from bad to worse
« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2007, 03:21:32 PM »
Warner goes from bad to worse
By Brian Glanville, Special to Gulf News

Published: August 13, 2007, 22:48

Ineffable, insatiable and ever shameless, the egregious Jack Warner has suddenly, violently and gratuitously attacked English football and the Football Association, insisting that England not be given the 2018 World Cup, at the expense of Fifa's predicated rotation.

That anyone should take this man seriously, given his all to well authenticated record as the President on CONCACAF and the dominant figure in Trinidad and Tabao's football passes belief.

One sees him referred to now as "one of football's most powerful figures," but his alleged power resides only in the fact that CONCACAF controls 25 votes in Fifa and that Sepp Blatter in the past has plainly felt he needs them at all cost; and what cost!

It is surprising, however, that now that Blatter has been re-elected un-opposed as Fifa President, he should continue to indulge Jack Warner, whose latest contemps came with the black market sale $1 million of Trinidad's allocation of 2006 World Cup Final tickets. For a while, things looked bad for Warner but, as so often in the past, with one bound he was free. This though the Berliner Zeitune had run a headline, 'Jackpot for Jack the Reaper'.

But it was not he, Warner declared, but one of his sons, Darryl, who had been in charged of the Simpaul company which handled those rickets.

So Darryl it was who found himself impurned, ordered to pay Fifa back the whole sum though for arcane reasons, Fifa tried to keep the matter under wraps. By and large, however, Jack Warner seems to have been able to obtain exactly what he wants from Fifa, not least when, as chairman of the Fifa Youth committee, he managed to have the 2001 world under 17 tournament awarded to Trinidad at the expense of far more likely bidders such as Japan, Peru, Finland and Scotland. Huge sums of money, not to mention Darryl, were involved.

But when the Australian team arrived, an infuriated manager Les Avory protests that there was to night porter, no night manager, no hot water in the rooms, dirty tiling, missing showerheads and lavatory's which wouldn't flush, plus "it was already in a smelly location." Warner refused to move them. 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 03:23:33 PM by E-man »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2007, 04:10:36 PM »

Neither Trinidad nor Jamaica has done anything to distinguish ourselves (other than the famous draw with a habitually underperforming Swedish squad) at the World Cup finals. It is evident that CONCACAF has benefitted with an extra allottment at Europe's expense...from a pure footballing perspective either Turkey or Russia would have been a much better addition among the final 32. It's a harsh statement but a correct one.

I don't see how from a purely footballing standpoint, giving the extra 2 spots to Europe would improve the quality of football at the World Cup..

You cite Turkey and Russia as examples but who knows whether or not they would have performed better than any of the CONCACAF teams at the tournament?

What about them shit sides like Austria, Ukraine, Switzerland, Norway, Scotland and Poland that get in on the back end of their sixteen places and do absolutely nothing besides bore the life out of the opening stages?  Switzerland v Ukraine was the most boring 2nd round match in the history of World Cups, and these were two European teams who supposed to be improving the tournament from a purely footballing standpoint?? Wouldn't we have been better served by the appearance of one of Nigeria, Cameroon or Senegal who didn't get in?

Yes Jack Warner's input was vital in getting our region the extra spots but CONCACAF has acquitted itself well over the last few tournaments.. For a region with the least places we have Mexico who routinely get to the quarterfinal/2nd round stages, USA who have been ranked top 10 and got to QF in South Korea, and Costa Rica has been formidable as well..

From a purely footballing standpoint CONCACAF and Africa deserve to take dem places from Europe.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 13, 2007, 04:26:43 PM »
The British press diss oui oh I will b cryin myself to sleep tonigt.
how so?
I believe that those of us who do not think that Jackula is good for TnT football have to continue to increase the gap between his idiotic opinions and what is RIGHT for all who play and support Great Football in TnT.
If it takes forren press to bring this topic to the fore front so that people around the world see how Jackula and in fact FIFA run their business and in turn if this will get the REAL changes in Football, then i say let us get these people exposed for who they really are.
it is time to stop these money hungry football no gooders.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 05:04:11 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>