April 26, 2024, 03:24:56 PM

Author Topic: England's 2018 World Cup hopes rest on Warner  (Read 28766 times)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: FIFA v-p says England will lose 2018 bid
« Reply #150 on: August 16, 2007, 09:16:43 AM »
They talkin like is T&T that Warner want to host the WC.
Talkin about what we achieve.
Steups
Go and eat fish and chips yuh wankers lol

Peong, if I told you to go and eat a banana, would that be racist?? I would think so.

So I guess I should follow PEONGs example and tell you all to go and eat your jerk chicken yuh wankers lol.

KentSoulman, fish and chips is an English thing.
A bananas comment is purely about race, so that comparison is off.

We don't have a more-than-average liking for bananas or jerk chicken.
Our thing is doubles or 'bake and shark'. :)

Kentsoulman,

Jerk chicken is as trinidadian as croissants are English...

Apart from the obvious and unfortunate reference to monkeys that it may cause, bananas aren't even that popular as a fruit in TNT
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 16, 2007, 09:36:33 AM »
bananas aren't even that popular as a fruit in TNT
man you ever had green fig salad, seekeeay fig, fried and boiled plantain and regular banana ;) :D
man I hungry for that green fig salad oui
if you need some now for now, you could buy that on Ariapita ave. ;)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 10:00:19 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 16, 2007, 11:12:27 AM »
man you ever had green fig salad, seekeeay fig, fried and boiled plantain and regular banana ;) :D

Notice I said, as a fruit. Anything you can't eat without cooking isn't a fruit so, when it Green is a vegetable :lmao: Same goes for plantain... ;-)

But seriously, I get the impression that in Grenada (and I suspect the rest of the Windwards), people eat far more bananas, and 'provision' than they do in TNT.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 16, 2007, 11:19:41 AM »
I feel that there was a time that it was the same way in TnT
blue food and such
dem signal hill fellas could tell you ;)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 11:24:15 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #154 on: August 16, 2007, 12:55:38 PM »

Notice I said, as a fruit. Anything you can't eat without cooking isn't a fruit so, when it Green is a vegetable :lmao: Same goes for plantain... ;-)

But seriously, I get the impression that in Grenada (and I suspect the rest of the Windwards), people eat far more bananas, and 'provision' than they do in TNT.

I think they eat more bananas in Russia than anywhere else. I remember when we hosted a group of Russian students right around the time the USSR collapsed and all they wanted to eat was bananas - like they couldn't get them at home during soviet times.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Warner's power to deliver 2018 is on the wane
« Reply #155 on: February 11, 2008, 11:52:44 PM »
Warner's power to deliver 2018 is on the wane
Source: Guardian Unlimited

The influence of Jack Warner, whom the Football Association is counting on to help deliver the 2018 World Cup to England, may be waning at Fifa headquarters in Zurich.

The FA has scheduled an international in Trinidad, Warner's home nation, to mark the host association's centennial celebrations. Warner, a Fifa vice-president, had lobbied for several months for the fixture to go ahead but it was agreed only after the 2018 bid was set up and the FA identified him as the key to a significant bloc of regional votes on the Fifa executive committee.

However, he has since suffered a blow to his standing in the Caribbean region, and senior Fifa officials have apparently slapped him down.

Last month Warner presented himself at the Dominica Football Association, demanding the resignation of the chief executive, Dexter Francis, and the dissolution of the DFA's executive board. Dominica, which has only 500 registered players, complained to Fifa about what it called his "illegal" actions.

Fifa's general secretary, Jérôme Valcke, Sepp Blatter's lieutenant, responded in a letter dated last Thursday. "The Fifa associations committee in its meeting of February 5 2008 has reviewed the situation of the Dominica Football Association and thoroughly discussed the case," he wrote. "On behalf of the committee we would like to inform the Dominica FA and the Dominican football community [that] the associations committee fully recognises the democratically and rightfully elected president, Dexter Francis, and his board as being in charge of the football association and the organisation of football in Dominica."

Dominica's FA is claiming total victory. "He tried to bully us in our little country," said a spokesman.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 11:59:25 PM by E-man »

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
JW in SkySports Exclusive
« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2008, 06:29:41 AM »

changing his tune.

Apparently he's fully backing England's bid for 2018. Apparently he personally lobbied for Geoff Thompson to be a FIFA VP  and claimed that the statement he made about England being an irritant was the perception of other European countries and he hoped that this was not true....  ::)

looking for the exact transcript.
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner's power to deliver 2018 is on the wane
« Reply #157 on: February 14, 2008, 07:36:46 AM »
I hope dey fed up of did tie tounge fool who insist on putting FIFA in a worse light than it all ready is
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2008, 07:37:13 AM »
BBC World Service, August 2007

"Nobody in Europe likes England. England, who invented the sport, has never had any impact on world football. For Europe, England is an irritant and it's no fault of theirs, it's just natural."

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #159 on: February 14, 2008, 12:14:18 PM »
BBC World Service, August 2007

"Nobody in Europe likes England. England, who invented the sport, has never had any impact on world football. For Europe, England is an irritant and it's no fault of theirs, it's just natural."

It's on tape from a BBC interview with Chris Mitchell in Port of Spain. Here is more:
I'll try to find the actual audio.

"“If, by chance, in 2018, the World Cup were to go to Europe, I’m quite sure, with the English luck as it is, they won’t get it,” he said. “It’ll be Italy, Spain, or it might even be France. Nobody in Europe likes England. England – who invented the sport – has never had any impact on world football. England at no time has had the love and support of Europe. For Europe, England is an irritant.”

"There are moves to give it to England. I must fight that. I really don't believe that we should just lay down and play dead to anyone who wants to take the World Cup from CONCACAF.

"I know in FIFA there are those persons who believe the rules should be changed to satisfy Europe but I tell you this today we shall fight it to the very end."

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #160 on: February 14, 2008, 01:02:28 PM »
Here is a piece of the interview at least

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/avdb/sport/football/audio/111000/nb/111975_au_nb.asx

it doesn't look like the full podcast is available anymore

« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 01:04:52 PM by E-man »

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 14, 2008, 03:03:33 PM »
Finally, Jack Warner is being put in his place!   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 15, 2008, 01:44:31 PM »
Amen 2 dat
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline footyfan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Fifa probe into England substitute farce in Trinidad could affect FA's 2018 World Cup bid
by Henry Winter

The Football Association have become embroiled in an embarrassing dispute with Fifa which could damage England's chances of hosting the 2018 World Cup.

Fifa last night denied claims by FA officials that dispensation was given for England to field seven substitutes in Sunday's friendly with Trinidad and Tobago.

Come in No 19: Peter Crouch was one of seven subs in England's 3-0 win over Trinidad and Tobago
When Stephen Warnock came on in Port of Spain, England broke the Fifa rule which permits only six replacements in friendlies. Trinidad and Tobago used only six substitutes.

England's victory is now at risk of being expunged from the record books after Fifa revealed they were investigating the game's legitimacy.

The fallout could be more significant. The FA took England to the Caribbean to win favour with the Fifa vice-president, Trinidad and Tobago's Jack Warner, who carries significant sway in the World Cup voting. If the FA and Fifa remain at loggerheads over whether dispensation was granted it could sour relations just as England are trying to sweet-talk everyone involved with 2018.

The FA issued a defiant statement yesterday. "Both coaches had permission from the Fifa delegate, from Jack Warner and the match referee to use seven subs," said an FA spokesman. "Jack Warner assured us that he had cleared it with Jim Brown [the head of competitions] at Fifa."

Zurich disagreed. "Fifa did not give special dispensation to make up to seven substitutions at the match," said a Fifa spokesman. "We have confirmed internally that nobody allowed this."

Calendar: Euro 2008 fixtures
If Fifa decree the game invalid, David Beckham would not have officially regained the England captaincy while Warnock, Joe Hart, Phil Jagielka and Dean Ashton would have to wait for their first caps.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/06/05/sfnwin105.xml

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I just waitin 2 fall down laughing when dat WC eh go 2 England

Offline footyfan

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
knowing jack...he prob plan alllllll this jus to get the FA on their knees beggin!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
footy fan like yuh lurkin on dis site long u know how we does tink

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
You think Jack suckered the FA? He told them 7 subs was ok, but told Maturana to only use 6. Now the FA gonna need more help from Warner!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
But ah thought dey sort dis all out already??.... :-\
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
apps..dey jus get bite, an look how dey go tun jumbie like we now..."But, but, but"..
BUT ? no but, bloud...ah,hahahaha....cut to Thun thun..tac tac tac...thun thun, tac tac
Thriller, thriller...thriller night...or is dis ah Crazy's   'suck meh soucoyant'
ah not sure

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Warner warns England 2018 bid to correct BNP 'error'
« Reply #170 on: May 24, 2009, 11:48:11 AM »
Warner warns England 2018 bid to correct BNP 'error'
• Jamie Jackson
• The Guardian, Friday 22 May 2009

• BNP councillor was invited to 2018 World Cup bid launch
• Fifa vice-president advises bid must reflect cultural diversity

Jack Warner, the Fifa vice-president and key power-broker, said that inviting a British National Party councillor to England's 2018 World Cup launch at Wembley while having only white and male speakers addressing the audience was an "error" that needed correcting quickly.
Warner, who as head of Concacaf ¬controls three of the 24 votes cast by the Fifa executive committee that will decide who hosts the 2018 tournament, said: "It's unfortunate that they did not consider minorities and had the BNP there – they made an error."
Warner, who was speaking from Nigeria, felt that England needed to take steps to reflect the country's cultural diversity. If it did not then "that would be a mistake because it's something that people can easily exploit – I don't think they would want a situation where anybody could be offended. I'm quite sure the FA will recognise an error when one is made and they will correct it. I hope they will do it quickly. And therefore it may be what I would call a blip in the campaign".
Warner also warned England 2018 against any complacency. "Don't rely on anything and believe they have an ¬automatic right to be voted [for]. But they have to look at the 24 members who vote, and they have to make sure fully, and I mean fully, that they [understand] the whole history of the English football, what it means to England and why England should be considered the premier candidate. They have to impress that this is England's time. This is an evolving situation that is changing daily and monthly and they have to keep abreast of these things."
Asked what he thought England's chances of hosting the tournament were, Warner again offered a warning. "It is one of the countries best poised to do it because they have the facilities, they have the best professional league at the moment, nobody can fault their -communications or the hotels.
"What they have to do is find the means to build on their pluses, the positives. And, they have to reduce whatever negatives – whether real or imagined."
Warner had yet to decide how he might vote when the committee decides in December 2010. "It's much too early for me to make my mind up on that – in fact, England has not really made a case to me as yet. I may have my sympathies, yes, but I haven't made my mind up."
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warner warns England 2018 bid to correct BNP 'error'
« Reply #171 on: May 24, 2009, 12:09:47 PM »
Bravo! You let them know Mr.Warner.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 24, 2009, 02:57:17 PM »
And england talking all this smack about localizing their league and curbing the amount of foreigners allowed to play in their leagues. plus they does make it real hard for caricom, and commonwealth player to getwork permits.

maybe jack could negotiate wid them to loosen the grip on work permit eligibility for english speaking caribbeans.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 24, 2009, 05:27:10 PM »
And england talking all this smack about localizing their league and curbing the amount of foreigners allowed to play in their leagues. plus they does make it real hard for caricom, and commonwealth player to getwork permits.

maybe jack could negotiate wid them to loosen the grip on work permit eligibility for english speaking caribbeans.
They take players with less ability from Australia,USA,NewZealand,Canada and some parts of Europe while they give Caribbean players so much hu,ha for a little contract.You are so right,Warner should make it hard for them.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 24, 2009, 07:36:35 PM »

They take players with less ability from Australia,USA,NewZealand,Canada and some parts of Europe while they give Caribbean players so much hu,ha for a little contract.You are so right,Warner should make it hard for them.

Really? How many cases of players from Oz, New Zealand, USA and Canada have you actually followed to know they've gotten an easier ride? Or are you just assuming it was easy for them? How many of them have British and European roots and have EU passports and don't even have to go through the process? I think because the USA and Australia are ranked higher than T&T, and it is easier to make a case for a regular international from these countries, regardless of their actual 'quality'. That leaves Canada and New Zealand. The only Kiwi I can recall playing in the EPL is Ryan Nelsen who is the skipper of Blackburn Rovers and a top level defender. Not that many Canadians in the BPL either. I not sure where some of us get the idea that our plight is any different some similarly ranked football nations? If you know of a substantial number of cases to the contrary, then I hold my hands up. you right. but I haven't really seen any.

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 25, 2009, 01:02:32 PM »

that said do you know how much "immigrants" have changed british lifestyle? they contribute alot, many birtish top players are the localised children of the immigrants, usually from former colonies, so it is self serving.

As for workpermits the FA have rules on the % of national team games they played etc. and for good reason so as not to allow British players to be overlooked, its sad but true and for good reason, how many english speaking caribbean players make it or start off in other euro countries? i only know of one, Russel Latapy

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 25, 2009, 01:46:37 PM »

that said do you know how much "immigrants" have changed british lifestyle? they contribute alot, many birtish top players are the localised children of the immigrants, usually from former colonies, so it is self serving.

As for workpermits the FA have rules on the % of national team games they played etc. and for good reason so as not to allow British players to be overlooked, its sad but true and for good reason, how many english speaking caribbean players make it or start off in other euro countries? i only know of one, Russel Latapy
Yeh , but we was once a british colony not too long ago, and part of the commonwealth until 1976, we also share a lot of interest in britain and viseverva.

we also still hold ties to the crown no matter how miniscule it may be. i don't see why it's so hard to get a work permit to play in england with so many requirements, when it's easier to play anywhere else in europe and especially in the U.S. who hold no ties to us.

it seems ah bit malicious that's all.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 25, 2009, 04:06:43 PM »
I dont have time to go int too much details for Filho bout players who come and play in the British leagues in preference to our Caribbean players,I was reading a magazine recently which catalogued the amount of players from the countries I mentioned.Just recently Everton took a fourth division American player,I dont know what a
fourth division American player looks like but we have Keon Daniel fighting to get a bloody contract.Filho can paint any picture he likes there is plenty prejudice against Caribbean players.When they do get a contract they are very undervalued and have to be satisfied playing in leagues lower than where they should be playing,if it wasn't for Keene we would have nobody in the EPL.

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 25, 2009, 05:16:36 PM »
So let me get this right, Caribbean players doh get contract in the UK for purely malicious reasons and it has nothing to do with work permit regulations that have been in existence since before Yorke played in the UK or the perception (rightly or wrongly) in the UK that they are lazy and inconsistent (Which is what 80% of fans I see saying when they complain about Caribbean players performances!!!). Look some may want to read more into it than there really is but Gunnerstunner made a valid point, how many Caribbean players have made it elsewhere in Europe. Mainland Europe has always been more welcoming (than the UK) to talent from the developing world, yet where this abundance of deserving Caribbean talent there? Historically the UK leagues have been into mainly Scandinavian players, is only since the premiership that it has started developing into a cosmopolitan league.

Why is it only the UK that seem to have some obligation to sign Caribbean players. Yet it have some on this very forum that does preach about riddin ourselves of colonial ties and a colonial way of thinking. I'm sure I go get another "You always so negative about local players" but I simply do not see what some are saying is being practised in the UK as reality. Players like Lata's, Yorke, Edwards, made it in the UK on merit so why should it be any different for anyone else. I completely disagree with this hidden agenda thing. In fact, considering how global the market has now become it is better now than it has ever been for Caribbean players in the UK.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 25, 2009, 05:40:28 PM »
Did you see the word "malicious" in what I wrote?Look mate if you dont understand prejudice in all it manifestations then dont say anything.Let me say it again in case you didn't understand,prejudice is shown against Caribbean players,why do you think African players get a contract quicker.The British still believe that we are to laid back,its a stereotypical view of many whites.I can go on but I aint got time.

1]; } ?>