April 27, 2024, 09:38:56 AM

Author Topic: Theobald & Jan Michael on trial in Hungary.  (Read 6572 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Theobald & Jan Michael on trial in Hungary.
« on: June 22, 2007, 03:24:18 PM »
Theobald & Jan Michael on trial in Hungary.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).
[/size]

National team captain Densill Theobald and goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams are currently out on trials with Hungarian First Division team Ujpest FC.
The duo, just back from representing Trinidad and Tobago at the CONCACAF Gold Cup, arrived in Budapest last Friday to begin their trials with the club.
Theobald had been tipped to head off on trials prior to the Gold Cup but decided to remain at home and seek his interest outside following T&T’s stay at the tournament. Williams, of Vibe CT 105 W Connection earned the trials after his impressive showing between the sticks in each of T&T’s matches against El Salvador, Guatemala and United States.
“So far we have settled in at the club with the training and everything,” Theobald told TTFF Media on Friday. “We have been here for about a week and it’s just a matter of putting our best foot forward and see what happens from here. The club has treated us well so far and we have been welcomed by the other players who are all technically good and physically strong. It’s all down to hard work and we are no strangers to that because we have been in these situations before,” added the Caledonia AIA midfielder.
Williams also has a trial lined up with English club Sheffield United next week but is prepared to give his best during the current stay at Ujpest which includes a training match for both players against a Romanian club on Saturday.
“Firstly I want to say that the other goalkeepers before me like (Kelvin) Jack, Shaka (Hislop) and (Clayton) Ince have definitely showed their class… they are world class and for me now to have this opportunity makes me realize how much hard work and commitment is necessary to play professionally outside of home. I am thankful for the time at the Gold Cup because it opened up my look on things and right now I will push myself to the limit and hopefully something positive will come through,” Williams added. Hislop was also on the phone with Williams after his showing in the second match versus the Americans, saying that he was encouraged by the promising showing of the former National U17 and St Anthony’s College custodian from Couva.
Ujpest have won 20 League titles and 8 Cup titles making them one of the most successful clubs in Hungary while their long history makes them the oldest still existing one.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 03:55:54 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Theobald & Jan Michael on trial in Hungary.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 03:25:11 PM »
Hungary
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 05:43:48 PM by Flex »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 03:48:22 PM »
Hungary
Maybe he meant "hungry"....

as in men cyah eat because they still waiting on dey Gold Cup stipend.....
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 05:44:05 PM by Flex »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 04:01:40 PM »
Like Sheff United have dibs on everyting outta de Caribbean?

Good goalies are always in demand, I think Jan has a good chance at a contract.
Good luck to both.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 04:08:01 PM »
Ah hope Jan get through and get some good training to help him improve. Next up is Marvin.
I doh feel we could depend on Kelvin knees to be there for 2010.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 04:27:22 PM »
Hungary

fi real...not even a 2 piece and fries..... :beermug:

I take it that was resolved right? ...or we looking at a blacklisted B team sometime in the future too ??
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 05:44:37 PM by Flex »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 04:33:02 PM »
Hungary

fi real...not even a 2 piece and fries..... :beermug:

I take it that was resolved right? ...or we looking at a blacklisted B team sometime in the future too ??

Dem men and dem better small up deyself wid dey windpie and nutten sangwidge yes...else is pure ban fuh dey ass
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 05:44:55 PM by Flex »

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 04:44:49 PM »
 i hope them fellas get through...The most successful club in Hungary...not bad...I wonder who hook that up for them...I really hope Theobald try harder this time to make it...Hungarian teams play in UEFA qualifiying right? Somebody could answer that for me

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 04:52:39 PM »
They were 4th in the table this year.

Last time they won was 1989/90 season, but they were a powerhouse in the 70's with 7 consecutive titles.

1929/30 : Újpest (Budapest)
1930/31 : Újpest (Budapest)

1932/33 : Újpest (Budapest)

1938/39 : Újpest (Budapest)

1945 : Újpest (Budapest)
1945/46 : Újpest (Budapest)
1946/47 : Újpest (Budapest)

1959/60 : Újpest (Budapest)

1969 : Újpest (Budapest)
1970 : Újpest (Budapest)
1970/71 : Újpest (Budapest)
1971/72 : Újpest (Budapest)
1972/73 : Újpest (Budapest)
1973/74 : Újpest (Budapest)
1974/75 : Újpest (Budapest)

1977/78 : Újpest (Budapest)
1978/79 : Újpest (Budapest)

1989/90 : Újpest (Budapest)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 05:03:32 PM »
i hope them fellas get through...The most successful club in Hungary...not bad...I wonder who hook that up for them...I really hope Theobald try harder this time to make it...Hungarian teams play in UEFA qualifiying right? Somebody could answer that for me

One of the most successful clubs in Hungary....The most successful club in Hungary is most probably Ferencvaros followed possibly by Ujpest (Ferencvaros' fiercest rival)- Ferencvaros is the only Hungarian club to qualify for Champions league....They supposedly have won the most Hungarian league and cup titles....notorious for racist fans though..................only reason I know that is because an ex-girlfriend of mine was from Budapest and was a staunch Ferencvaros fan - so I had to be on meh p's and q's  ;D ;D

Anyways cheers to the warriors- best wishes to them in Magyar Orszag...

p.s. Ferencvaros was kicked out of the first division last year because of financial problems.....Hungarian football stadiums can also be very hostile environments for black people....
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 05:06:44 PM by kicker »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2007, 05:37:48 PM »
THE WHOLE OF EOROPE could be a very hostile environment for black ppl.  any way good luck to the youths, make that money and then come agian and help us get to SA 2010.     positive.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 05:40:30 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2007, 05:50:31 PM »
eman or anybody,  please give me a quick idea about the standard of hungary league football  compared to , say, bundesliga. i know nothing about hungary football.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2007, 06:05:04 PM »
All the best warriors. Work hard, learn as much as you can, get the contract and come rep for the red, white and black!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2007, 06:40:56 PM »
eman or anybody,  please give me a quick idea about the standard of hungary league football  compared to , say, bundesliga. i know nothing about hungary football.

They used to be more competitive back in the 70's. They've dropped off quite a bit since. In this year's UEFA country ranking they are 24.

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2007, 06:49:34 PM »
alright thanks eman

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2007, 09:35:49 PM »
Playin for the TTFF they accustom to being Hungry after all the capital of Hungary is starvation.

Good luck guys. I sure the standard higher than PRO League an dthe experience in another country could only develop dem.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2007, 10:33:01 AM »
good luck boys
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 07:36:20 AM »

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 07:48:41 AM »
All the best out there Jan and Densil, HEY DENSIL EAT SOME FOOD OUT THERE

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2007, 08:20:26 AM »
Flex did you find a story on them?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2007, 09:27:39 AM »
Nice photos flex...good cyber-snooping.  Good luck to the fellas.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2007, 10:07:49 AM »
all de best fellers

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2007, 10:15:45 AM »
Flex did you find a story on them?
if you can read Hungarian go here

or my translation  ;D ;D

Trinidadi selected he has arrived the Újpest FC-hez

Jan-Michael Williams the 2007-es Gold Cup-on, Densill Theobald the 2006-os vb-n also played for your country csapatában

Two trinidadi selected playfulness treats the Újpest FC.

Densill Theobald and Jan-Michael Williams Wednesday in the afternoon he has arrived Budapest, s consequential suns club his leaders arról harmonize the labdarúgókkal, that the next one championship csapatunkat strengthens.

THE players on Thursday in the afternoon already be also join the team preparation, and part vettek the dunakeszi orbit he headed practice.

The 1982. June 27- am I he was born Densill Theobald 181 cm tall yet primarily hazájában futballozott – dernier club the Caledonia AIA Florentine it had been –, but 18 age-old ci-devant one évet Kanadában, the From Toronto Olympians gárdájánál stuffed, then 2006 in the spring of the Scottish Pack joint amplified.

Much rather noteworthy however the more poster operationally, primarily mid középpályás selected-beli pályafutása. Yet 48 time played – and bis it had been efficient – the Trinidad and Tobago-i home-grown team, in that 2005-ben show up be.

THE 2006-os world cup mindhárom csoportmeccsen – England, Svédország and Paraguay gainst – played kezdőjátékosként, then the 2007-es Gold Cup-on not only alapember it had been válogatottjában, but group-captain also.

Jan-Michael Williams 1984. October 26-án he was born, 187 cm tall, 80 kg heft, to his post regard goalkeeper. Yet only hazájában the Williams Connection nevű team covered, but played already próbajátékon the Glasgow Rangersnél also.

For your country válogatottjában 10 time played, he were the first size goalkeeper the idei Gold Cup-on also. Williams otherwise 17 age-old kora since tagja the selected, she took part the 2001-es age groups vb-n also.

Piquancy, that he were the first goalkeeper, aki gólt gotten for your country bajnokságában. 2006-ban the year játékosának and the year kapusának elected Trinidad and Tobagóban.

Képünkön Densill Theobald the 2006-os world cup,
as soon as Michael Owennel struggles the your ball
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 10:32:54 AM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

1]; } ?>