March 28, 2024, 05:00:42 PM

Author Topic: Dunga criticizes Ronaldinho and Kaka  (Read 2870 times)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dunga criticizes Ronaldinho and Kaka
« on: June 25, 2007, 11:11:00 AM »
This comment was clearly directed at them. Whose side are you on?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=441233&cc=5901

PUERTO LA CRUZ, Venezuela, June 24 (Reuters) - Brazil coach Dunga praised the dedication of the players in his Copa America squad on Sunday in what appeared to be an indirect criticism of the absent Ronaldinho and Kaka.

Dunga said his players had joined the squad straight after he European season, spent two weeks training in Brazil and then flew straight to Venezuela for the Copa, all without complaining.

'This is a highly professional group, the players are totally focused on what they want to achieve,' Dunga said.

'They could be on holiday with their families at the moment.

'At no time have they complained about the workload, about staying for two weeks at the training camp and then flying straight to Venezuela, or about giving interviews.'

His remarks also appeared to be aimed at Ronaldinho and Kaka, who both asked to be left out of the squad, because they said they were tired and needed a break.

Although Dunga said he accepted their request, it went against his emphasis on team spirit and the philosophy that all players must consider it an honour to wear the Brazil shirt.

The Copa America will be Dunga's first tournament in charge of the team. Their first match is against Mexico in Puerto Ordaz on Wednesday.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dunga criticizes Ronaldinho and Kaka
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 12:22:32 PM »
Is it a half-empty or half-filled glass? Look, Dunga is concerned about fostering/preserving his legacy and reputation.

However, he has a couple spots available to evaluate other talent in a team that for some reason has been bandied about as inexperienced because only 7 members of the squad have any veteran credentials of some sort ... for this regional tournament I suggest that this squad can create meaningful soccer versus a group including Mexico, Chile and Ecuador ... in any event, it is not like this is an unprecedented Brazilian approach.

We know Dunga to be somewhat of a puritan when it comes to preparation. But, I think he's a realist who must at least respect the fact that both Kaka and Ronaldinho indicated their inclinations from early on. This is a squad that was named 3 weeks ago from a pool of 12 additional players. As a guy who was interested in being the vet on an Olympic squad, I think Dunga was merely seeking an insurance policy, but has no actual beef with either player.

If anything, it tells us something about his view of Ronaldo versus Kaka and Ronaldinho.

The squad:

Goalkeepers: Helton (FC Porto), Doni (AS Roma)

Defenders: Alex Silva (Sao Paulo), Alex (PSV Eindhoven), Juan (Bayer Leverkusen), Naldo (Werder Bremen), Gilberto (Hertha Berlin), Maicon (Inter Milan), Daniel Alves (Sevilla), Kleber (Santos)

Midfielders: Josue (Sao Paulo), Diego (Werder Bremen), Elano (Shakhtar Donetsk), Mineiro (Hertha Berlin), Anderson (FC Porto), Fernando (Bordeaux), Gilberto Silva (Arsenal), Ze Roberto (Santos)

Forwards: Robinho (Real Madrid), Vagner Love (CSKA Moscow), Afonso (SC Herenveen), Fred (Lyon)

Players who Dunga looked at but did not select:

Keeper: Diego (Atletico Mineiro)

Defenders: Edu Dracena (Fenerbahce), Tiago Silva (Fluminense), Cicinho, Marcelo (both from Real Madrid)

Midfield: Edmilson (Barcelona), Lincoln (Schalke 04), Julio Baptista(Real Madrid), Morais (Vasco da Gama),

Forwards: Carlos Eduardo (Gremio), Jo (CSKA Moscow), Rafael Sobis (Betis).

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 12:54:22 PM »
Good post seeker
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 01:10:14 PM »
I would be a bit worried, after looking at Argentina's loaded squad list.  Wouldn't you?  Allyuh see Argentina's roster.  Is ah bomb squad.   ;D

Offline kiffysmooth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 01:40:21 PM »
De two most talented players on Brazil team.  Dem brodders on a different level, and under constant pressure.  If dey tired...dey tired.  Wha really wrong wid Dunga....Steuppes

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 03:00:12 PM »
Like the sayin u does ketch more fly with honey is not known in Beazil. What wrong with Dunga.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 03:09:53 PM »
Dinho and Kaka are not mentally ready for this tournament, why take them

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 06:07:57 PM »
I would be a bit worried, after looking at Argentina's loaded squad list.  Wouldn't you?  Allyuh see Argentina's roster.  Is ah bomb squad.   ;D

please,  you or any body  mind puttin it here? or at least link? i was about to find out where i could find their roster..

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 06:23:13 PM »
please,  you or any body  mind puttin it here? or at least link? i was about to find out where i could find their roster..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_Am%C3%A9rica_2007_squads#Argentina

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 07:14:44 PM »

thanks rocwell. argentina not joking this rounds. all they big stars actually go be there. that is something i not accustomed to when they play copa america.
 i will be watching them give the americans licks!

Offline ballpiyong

• Full Warrior
  • Winning is not everything it is the only thing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 08:33:49 AM »
I expected more from Dunga. He as a past professional player should know when yuh tired yuh tired. What's even more unfair is that when tired players play it affects their performances and that is more critics ready to jump down their throat....Steups

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2007, 09:00:14 AM »

thanks rocwell. argentina not joking this rounds. all they big stars actually go be there. that is something i not accustomed to when they play copa america.
 i will be watching them give the americans licks!

last copa they sent a "full squad" and they suffered ah serious tabanca when brazil "B" team beat dem in de final.

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 11:23:24 AM »
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

1]; } ?>