April 25, 2024, 06:21:07 PM

Author Topic: Its Official. Barcelona Land Thierry Henry for 16 million pounds !!!  (Read 7564 times)

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007280986,00.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/6231950.stm
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=440822&cc=5901
http://goal.com/en-us/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=334667

Kinda sad though that a player, a "Captain" could sign a 4 year contract just 1 year ago and talk all kinda big talks bout he is a "Arsenal Player for Life," then the next year take a shit on them and abandon he troops.  That is 2 captains in 3 years! Arsenal players are full of allegiance boy   ;)

Imagine, non-prem Charlton Refusing to let Darren Bent go for anything less that 17 mill and Henry leaving for 16!  Arsenal do it again! letting go their best players for peanuts....

Dumpalwie, Jahyouth....whey allyuh?  :) BTW, ah go be using pure organic Sea-Salt for them wounds over the next couple months  ;) not the cheap artificial stuff.

Barcelona sign Henry 

Henry appears set for a move to Spain    

Barcelona are in talks with Arsenal with a view to signing Thierry Henry, BBC Sport understands.
Officials for the Spanish club are in London negotiating with the Gunners over a reported £16m transfer fee.   Barcelona hope to close the deal by next week for Arsenal's record goalscorer who has long been linked with a move to the Nou Camp.

The 29-year-old's agent, Jeff Weston, told BBC Sport: "The SEM Group have no comment to make."

Earlier in June, the agency rubbished reports from France that the Arsenal star has agreed a provisional three-year contract with Barcelona.

Henry signed a new four-year contract with the Gunners last year but appeared to cast doubt on his future in June when he said he was flattered by interest from AC Milan.

This came after he said he was "devastated" when Arsenal vice-chairman David Dein left the club in April because of "irreconcilable differences" with the rest of the board. Both and Barcelona had both declared their interest in the player, who has been constantly linked with a big-money move away from Arsenal for the last few summers.

Meanwhile, former Arsenal team-mate Patrick Vieira told BBC Five Live that he feared Henry would leave the Gunners if the Premiership side did not bring several world-class players.

"If Arsenal bring two or three big names that will show Thierry that they want to compete," said the current Inter Milan player.

"If that's not the case Thierry will ask himself what is the best for him."

« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 03:22:21 PM by SOBRIQUET »
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
Oh gosh yuh quick eh? lol

I now hear it on news here in London, they say he's signing for £60M next week. Maybe they mean 60 Million Euro?

But oh gosh man. Dat is meh boy. I hope is talk.
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
Oh gosh yuh quick eh? lol

I now hear it on news here in London, they say he's signing for £60M next week. Maybe they mean 60 Million Euro?

But oh gosh man. Dat is meh boy. I hope is talk.

16 million girl, not 60.
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Online Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I hope he moves.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
lol good leave that shit team arsenal, now they cant even launch a premiership attack against man utd  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
lol good leave that shit team arsenal, now they cant even launch a premiership attack against man utd  :devil:

Hahahahahahahaha  MANU 4EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
ah feel we go need a watch on dumpalwie for real, that man aint recover from Viera departure as yet, now this...poor fella.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Its Official. Barcelona Land Thierry Henry for 16 million pounds !!!
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 02:05:06 PM »
Yuh know, I eh hear Touches in a while.... :thinking:
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 02:06:53 PM by Mose »
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 02:30:51 PM »
You have to remember Henry had 2 major Injuries this year.

groin and neck

You never know but barca may not want to pay high price if he is an injury risk.

Aresenal may be seeing that henry cant do a full injury free season no more and now may be a good time to cash in.

You never know what going on Behind the scenes.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 02:34:54 PM »
if eto stay we will be ripping sides totally apart next season
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2007, 02:37:22 PM »
Good 4 he cyah see Eto stayin thou all thou I would luv it
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2007, 02:41:28 PM »
lol My friend is going to be sooooooo devastated! He's Gunner for life, henry is his favourite player and he hates Barca! He gehing ah triple wammie dey!
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Online Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2007, 02:44:17 PM »
It's not official yet.

Trouble for Arsenal if he goes.
I don't think they have the money for a straight swap with another big player.
Lewwe see.

Van Persie, injury free, should do well.
We only see flashes of brilliance so far.

Rosicky, another injury man who could do big things.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 02:49:41 PM by Peong »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2007, 02:44:45 PM »
Respeck to Thierry Henry.

At de end of the day, he will always be an Arsenal legend no matter who he plays for in the future.  He will always be known as the best striker and one of the best players ever TO DATE in the English Premier League.

If Henry feel is time to move on, I say do yuh do and best wishes in yuh future endeavours with yuh new team.  You will never be forgetten at Arsenal.

This just makes room for other outstanding talents to step up at Arsenal.  Gargantuan shoes to fill but dis is de University of club football yuh talkin bout.  Under Wenger, de EPL football institiute of highest learning.  Another will emerge within the ranks sooner rather than later.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 02:49:09 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2007, 02:49:55 PM »
Nice. But it not true until Arsenal and Thierry say it is true. This is only from a Barcelona radio station and some BBC rumors

In any case...Arsenal eh feel the pain yet. Hopefully we really sign Henry...and then take back Fabregas  :devil:
He will return home soon
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 02:53:19 PM by Filho »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2007, 02:56:07 PM »
Nice. But it not true until Arsenal and Thierry say it is true. This is only from a Barcelona radio station and some BBC rumors

In any case...Arsenal eh feel the pain yet. Hopefully we really sign Henry...and then take back Fabregas  :devil:
He will return home soon

It will only make coming second to Madrid next season more painful  ;D
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2007, 03:13:36 PM »

He will return home soon

;D ;D

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2007, 03:15:49 PM »

this man really knew what he was doing  a year ago
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2007, 03:18:07 PM »
watch d manure fans try to make it their thread respect f best arsenal player on their team nah lol

and stop acting like alyuh beating chelsea 2 times in a row...its 2007/8 not in d late 90s when alyuh had a chance lol.

would hate to see thierry leave england ...(love seeing his moments against Manure that make them look normal).....

but i am also a fan of barca and i am sur he would do good...at the end of the day i disapointed with arsenal.....Wenger will leave at the end of his contract and fabregas has said he will follow....they better start grooming candidates NOW

***just see freakaziod post ***

LOL gosh freak yuh riiite oui... look at d lil surprised smile henry have like "is not only me alone think i should go to barca or what???"

careful arsenal say dat man was tapping up henry like chelsea did with cole   lol (to all d confused men wit sumtin to say yes yes yes we know chelsea were wrong with cole but get over it lol)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 03:21:06 PM by doublet750 »

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2007, 03:30:21 PM »
Steuppppppssss

This news sour meh whole weekend.

I depressed...I so vex I cyar describe it.

For not only is The best stiker in the EPL gone, but I suspect Wenger and Fabregas will go too.

Henry ent leave jess so...it hadda have more in the mortar than jest d pestle.

Barca have problems, dat side ent no kinda in form team now. Them self struggling and have coach and player issues.

It also hurtful that he now sign a 4 year deal...he miss most of this last season , and I thought we woulda now get the best out of him.

But I real flipping vex is Barca he gorn...the side that beat we in the CL final. Oh shit man...why yuh didnt go AC Milan instead.

Next season for we might be called......... NORFOLK IN CHANCE.

STeupsss. I know it happening eh, but I still in denial...see how Suazo transfer was guaranteed and he move to another club, something so might pan out or he might stay.

Until I see Henry in the Nou Camp with the jersey snappin FLIM I will remain hopeful that it is just a rumour.

Well

Is best we bring back Anelka and see if Eto want to come across I sure Rijkaard want to get rid of him.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2007, 03:35:22 PM »
Steuppppppssss

For not only is The best stiker in the EPL gone, but I suspect Wenger and Fabregas will go too.

Barca have problems, dat side ent no kinda in form team now. Them self struggling and have coach and player issues.

It also hurtful that he now sign a 4 year deal...he miss most of this last season , and I thought we woulda now get the best out of him.

But I real flipping vex is Barca he gorn...the side that beat we in the CL final. Oh shit man...why yuh didnt go AC Milan instead.

STeupsss. I know it happening eh, but I still in denial...see how Suazo transfer was guaranteed and he move to another club, something so might pan out or he might stay.

Until I see Henry in the Nou Camp with the jersey snappin FLIM I will remain hopeful that it is just a rumour.

Well

Is best we bring back Anelka and see if Eto want to come across I sure Rijkaard want to get rid of him.

Once Wenger still dey, yuh have nutting to fear hoss
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2007, 03:37:10 PM »

He will return home soon

Tell him nah. Henry would have had a better chance of winning a title if he went to AC Milan.  :devil:
www.westindiantube.com

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2007, 03:38:55 PM »
i feel there is ah high probability that eto'o on his way out especially since he and ronaldinho have issues.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2007, 03:39:55 PM »
Steuppppppssss

Well

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2007, 03:47:03 PM »

He will return home soon
Aye!! Dat would hurt!! Ah would real feel it fuh Arsenal if dey lose Henry and Cesc same time.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2007, 03:53:07 PM »
Steuppppppssss

Well

Try not to think of the player himself but the whole Arsenal side. This spells the end of an era for Arsenal...individual brilliance aside Henry flourished alongside now-gone men like Bergkamp, Robert Pires, Vieria. First among equals but the last to go. He will always be touted as an Arsenal legend.

Players like Van Persie, Fabregas, Rosicky, Baptista and Adebayor ushering in de new era. Denilson looks promising, Ljunberg still around and Gilberto is a boss still. Last season without Henry for the most part was an experimental ting and hopefully Wenger know his strategem now. Yes Henry is one of those massive players that will change a game or give you a crucial goal but it does happen to clubs all de time...yuh have to take it on de chin and move on. Anelka or Eto'o self not a bad option...or even Saviola. Speculation though.

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2007, 03:53:33 PM »
i feel there is ah high probability that eto'o on his way out especially since he and ronaldinho have issues.
Ah find it interesting that no one seems to be considering the possibility that Ronaldinho might be the one to leave instead of Eto.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2007, 03:55:23 PM »
Steuppppppssss

Well

Try not to think of the player himself but the whole Arsenal side. This spells the end of an era for Arsenal...individual brilliance aside Henry flourished alongside now-gone men like Bergkamp, Robert Pires, Vieria. First among equals but the last to go. He will always be touted as an Arsenal legend.

Players like Van Persie, Fabregas, Rosicky, Baptista and Adebayor ushering in de new era. Denilson looks promising, Ljunberg still around and Gilberto is a boss still. Last season without Henry for the most part was an experimental ting and hopefully Wenger know his strategem now. Yes Henry is one of those massive players that will change a game or give you a crucial goal but it does happen to clubs all de time...yuh have to take it on de chin and move on. Anelka or Eto'o self not a bad option...or even Saviola. Speculation though.
Like yuh forgetting young Walcott. He might get a semi-regular run in de side now.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2007, 03:56:55 PM »
Ah find it interesting that no one seems to be considering the possibility that Ronaldinho might be the one to leave instead of Eto.

Well Laporta say that Ronaldinho and Eto'o eh gehing sell, so we'll see. Wouldn't signing Henry make Eto'o kinna redundant?
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2007, 04:00:39 PM »
Steuppppppssss

Well

Like yuh forgetting young Walcott. He might get a semi-regular run in de side now.

From the few times I see him I wasn't too impressed...but stress on de word FEW. A mere youth with plenty potential though so you could be right.

T&T welcomes back...the King

1]; } ?>