April 23, 2024, 08:18:12 AM

Author Topic: Brazil vs Mexico Thread...Utd's Anderson may play against Mexico tonight  (Read 12405 times)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
that facka miss ah open goal. he need to run some laps for that shit

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Fuh real. Buh Mexico is ah real conundrum...dey does take manners from the US buh dey beating Brasil. steupss Buh the match was good, Mexico play real good ball...dey keeper was on fire. Brasil played like Brasil in the second half, buh they couldn't ketch a break. Brasil man of the match - Robinho off course! Hats off to Mexico though, they played real good.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 09:17:00 PM by Toppa »
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
very entertaining match  :beermug:

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
if brasil only executed this game couldve been tied or won.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
hard luck on men who had connection problems, me eh worried even though we-ah mean Brazil-lose, Brazil still going further than Mexico in this. That disallowed goal though, meh eh know nah. Yuh have to love Gol TV for putting ah cacahole Mexican announcer for this game, even when Brazil was dominating the 2nd half and throwing away goals like it going out ah style, he even get the other announcer to agree that Mexico doing ah good job defending, ah had to wonder if ah was watching the same game as dem. Credit to Castillo though.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
hard luck on men who had connection problems, me eh worried even though we-ah mean Brazil-lose, Brazil still going further than Mexico in this. That disallowed goal though, meh eh know nah. Yuh have to love Gol TV for putting ah cacahole Mexican announcer for this game, even when Brazil was dominating the 2nd half and throwing away goals like it going out ah style, he even get the other announcer to agree that Mexico doing ah good job defending, ah had to wonder if ah was watching the same game as dem. Credit to Castillo though.

Nah, Mexico really did a good job of defending, clearing ball off the line...keeper making real on reflex stops....
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Binho was MOM for me...   Well done Mexico :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Anderson and Binho were hands down Brazil's liveliest players... Anderson looks decent..needs to stop trying so hard though...

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Binho was MOM for me...   Well done Mexico :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Anderson and Binho were hands down Brazil's liveliest players... Anderson looks decent..needs to stop trying so hard though...

Awww shucks!  :D
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hard luck Brazil. Mexico executed well in the first half and that was it. Brazil chased the game well but couldn't finish. Mexico sat back and soaked up the pressure and tried to hit Brazil on the break. If Castillo wasn't so selfish or had a right foot..Mexico coulda killa Brazil off with 2 easy breakaway goals. At the same time, with a little luck, Brazil could have hauled their way back into the game. They made some very good chances.

Great goals by Mexico

bad night for Diego. but not him alone. Robinho was the best player on the pitch. He looked like a different class. Partly because he was forced to carry Brazil on his shoulders and was at times a one man show.

Mexico's recent record against Brazil is very impressive. Lewwe see if the boys from Braaahzeeew could rebound.

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile

fergie dem will groom he well, jus look at ronaldo now.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Yeah..he's young and still a little raw. You could tell his instructions were to go on and try to run at the defense

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yeah  i like him though..but as RedDevils said.. Fergie will groom him into a great player...he is a little raw..but what i like about him most is that he seems to enjoy his football..  like how the ambitious old ronaldinho did  before cars houses and women turned his love into greed

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
well deserved victory fuh mexico
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Representing Concacaf for life .

Offline 2cents

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • FPL Vibes
Wow guys, I know everyone entitle to they own opinion...but usually i'm in the majority. Tonight i'm definitely not though...on this Anderson thing.
Firstly it hard to judge somebody after only seeing them once, but boy am I glad Scholes ent retire yet. This guy to me look NOTHING like 17 million pounds or whatever it was, wheras 1st time I saw Cristiano I could tell he had something in him to make Sir Alex spend that money. Fergie the boss always but I sure hope is not Quiroz or whaeva he name chain him on this guy. Best thing I saw of Anderson was his vision/passing, other than that Scholes hada put him under serious training. Somebody mention his runs/dribbling...unsuccessful full stop. No running off the ball whatsoeva, d only playmaker I know who don't go in search of the ball and still is a boss is Riquelme. The guy come on halftime...u hear that....HALFTIME pal, and noooo energy at all so how allyuh could say he was lively I don't know. Finally the thing i'm most concerned about for him in England is that he will be moved off the ball way too easily...them Mexican like 5 foot 6 and 120 pounds and put him off d ball like nothing...so imagine a Makalele or Mascherano up against this guy. Michael Owen same size but he dont get bully and he also have pace to make up for lack of size...I dont know how Anderson gonna do it. I hope in the months to come he prove me wrong bcuz I Man U all the way but IMHO I hope Sir Alex make him a bit part player this season and give him Carling Cup and such. Playing a man like Hargreaves in training will b good for this guy. bless
It's only kinky the 1st time

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
good game Mexico . but how it have so much Man Utd batty ridders here. Yall from England or someting? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
129 guests logged on, only 19 users
an earlier this evening, Dutty see over 200 guests and only 11 users  ???
yeah I have been noticing that around 4 am pacific time there are over 308 guests just about every night for the last few nights.

good game Mexico . but how it have so much Man Utd batty ridders here. Yall from England or someting? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Babalawo, dem fellas could turn any thread into a Man Boo thread, ask waz he name, Dr. Strange   ;)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 07:31:20 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Wha de arse is dis.....Mexico manners Brazil??!!! :o

Doh get mih wrong dem repping CONCACAF so ah real glad fuh dem, but oh geez and ages....Brazil cyar shake off dah WC 2006 jumbie or wha.....
But ah shouldn't be dat surprised after Mexico did give Argentina ah run fuh dey money in de WC 1/4 final last year......

So is de arse does happen to dem when dey meet de "great" US of A??   ???......

Anywho....GO MEXICO!!! :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I find that Anderson fella was kinda jokey.....wild with very little touch
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
As I said Brazil is over rated.....  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Show them no respect and no love and you stand a very good chance against them.....
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 06:37:46 AM by Flex »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
As I said Brazil is over rated.....  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Show them no respect and no love and you stand a very good chance against them.....

Brazil is only overrated by those who know nothing about football. Everyone who has a clue about the game knows that there is no such thing as an invincible team in the modern day game.

There was a time when you could say that Brazil beat its opposition b4 stepping on the pitch- rarely true in the modern day game against quality opponents.

Mexico showed Brazil alot of respect. They sat back for long periods in the match, soaked up pressure, countered efficiently and took their chances early o'clock. Brazil had more than enough chances to pull the game back in the second half, and at the same time Mexico coulda opened the scoreline on the counter.

If people remember correctly, last copa America where Argentina had bomb squad that was leaps and bounds above the competition incl Brazil- Mexico beat them(Arg) 1-0 in the opening round.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 07:16:22 AM by kicker »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Brazil real throw way in truth. But all credit to Mexico. Brazil did not look like a team at all, very unorganized defensively and too much individual play offensively. The main problem seems to be their pla maker Robinho who was holding on to the ball too long. I still feel they will get it right come game 2.
On anothe note, did Love even play?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline doublet750

• Hero Warrior
  • mi nuevo nombre es dinho mi vida es joga bonito
    • View Profile
Why this fool-ass announcer pronouncing Castillo name as 'Cas-tee-jho'?  *steups*

Trying to get fancy.  True yuh in Venezuela, but Mexico does not speak Castillan.

meanwhile Castillo self like he playing small goal...trying tuh walk goal in.

Hard luck Robinho...off the crossbar.

bake and shark...thats because in spanish you pronounce the double ll like a y sound a bit....so thus Castillo would more sound like Cas-tee-yo........hence the same thing with Casillas its pronounced Casi-jyas (silence on dat j tho)..

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Why this fool-ass announcer pronouncing Castillo name as 'Cas-tee-jho'?  *steups*

Trying to get fancy.  True yuh in Venezuela, but Mexico does not speak Castillan.

meanwhile Castillo self like he playing small goal...trying tuh walk goal in.

Hard luck Robinho...off the crossbar.

bake and shark...thats because in spanish you pronounce the double ll like a y sound a bit....so thus Castillo would more sound like Cas-tee-yo........hence the same thing with Casillas its pronounced Casi-jyas (silence on dat j tho)..

I don't think he was commenting on the pronunciation of the "ll" as "y"- I think he was commenting on the soft "j" sound.

If I had to comment on it, I would say that Castillo, though he plays for Mexico, is actually Uruguayan/Greek....and Uruguayans like Argentinians have an accent that pronounces "ll" like a soft "j" .... silla shounds like sijha...alla sounds like ajha...etc. etc..

As well if you watched the game on GolTV, it's a Uruguayan channel with most of the native Spanish speaking commentators on there of Uruguayan descent- hence the Uruguayan pronunciation of Cas-tee-jho....

I watched the game on Telefutura- unless Ray Hudson is commenting, I prefer the spanish commentators- as cheezy as they may be.....but based on the post, that is my guess as to what he's referring to...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 10:34:08 AM by kicker »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
Brazilian fans disappointed with team 
Associated Press, Updated 3 hours ago   STORY TOOLS:                         

print   
send   
blog     LIKE THIS STORY?

SAO PAULO, Brazil (AP) - Brazil's lackluster debut in the Copa America displeased fans and has local media doubting the team's chances in the South American competition.

Brazil fell 2-0 to a depleted Mexican team Wednesday night, adding pressure on coach Dunga in his first official competition in command of the five-time world champions.

2007 Copa America 
Group B 
Wed., Jun. 27
Ecuador 2-3 Chile  Recap 
Brazil 0-2 Mexico  Recap 
Sun., Jul. 1
Brazil vs. Chile   
Mexico vs. Ecuador   
Wed., Jul. 4
Mexico vs. Chile   
Brazil vs. Ecuador   

Support your favorite team with official national team gear from the Fox Soccer Shop! 

More Copa America >

"Dunga fails in his first official match," read a headline Thursday in Brazil's largest newspaper, the Folha de S. Paulo.

"Shameful debut," the Estado de S. Paulo newspaper said a front-page headline, adding that "Dunga's official debut couldn't have been worse."

Mexico, without several regular starters, got past the Brazilians with first-half goals by Nery Castillo and Ramon Morales.

"Mexico didn't play that well," said former Brazil midfielder turned TV commentator Falcao. "It was Brazil that had an awful match."

The Brazilians will need to rebound against Chile on Sunday. The Chileans beat Ecuador 3-2 on Wednesday and lead Group B along with Mexico.

"Brazil now has a decisive match against Chile," the Estado daily said. "The elimination could happen in the first round with another defeat."

Dunga has revamped the Brazilian squad, using only six players from the team that participated in the 2006 World Cup. Kaka and Ronaldinho requested to skip the competition to enjoy a vacation following the European season.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

advertisement

STORY TOOLS:                         

print   
send   
blog     LIKE THIS STORY?

soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Maicon rush in yes, that was real jokey.
And Castillo's miss, good lord, that was bad!

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I find Anderson was a non factor in that game......but thas my opinion.He eh do nothing really.........I know he only play 2nd half. The best thing he do was cross the ball for "The man" to volley that Mexicop keeper save....that was a good cross, nice shot and really good save !

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
Good win for mexico, but that was clearly Brazil's B team.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Thanks for taking a stab...but see Kicker's post and my response to it. :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I don't think he was commenting on the pronunciation of the "ll" as "y"- I think he was commenting on the soft "j" sound.

If I had to comment on it, I would say that Castillo, though he plays for Mexico, is actually Uruguayan/Greek....and Uruguayans like Argentinians have an accent that pronounces "ll" like a soft "j" .... silla shounds like sijha...alla sounds like ajha...etc. etc..

As well if you watched the game on GolTV, it's a Uruguayan channel with most of the native Spanish speaking commentators on there of Uruguayan descent- hence the Uruguayan pronunciation of Cas-tee-jho....

I watched the game on Telefutura- unless Ray Hudson is commenting, I prefer the spanish commentators- as cheezy as they may be.....but based on the post, that is my guess as to what he's referring to...

I would have instinctively thought that had the announcer calling the game been Spanish...was he?  He didn't sound spanish at all, maybe he just speaks very unaccented English.

that said...yes, the double "ll" is pronounced as a 'y' would in a majority of Spanish-speaking countries, but in certain ones, mainly South American ones, the "ll" is pronounced as a soft 'j'...much as the French do when saying 'Bon Jour'.  This is the Castillian pronunciation, derived from the dialect of southern Spain.  Didn't know that GOL was Uruguayan doh...or Castillo for that matter...in which case the pronunciation may be correct.  It just sounded very affected, coming from a Yankee-sounding announcer.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
you know who anderson rem

EMERSON... DE ONE WITH DE GERI CURLS

1]; } ?>