June 17, 2024, 12:17:03 AM

Author Topic: argentina v usa  (Read 32184 times)

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: argentina v usa
« Reply #150 on: June 29, 2007, 08:18:55 AM »
Allyuh see a big team?

AR-GEN-TI-NA[/color][/glow]

Brazil fans whey allyuh?  lol

heheh. nice one. we right here  ;D But hear nah..we know Argentina squad was de squad to beat this rounds. Dat is a deadly selection. Men like Tevez and Aimar coming off the bench. Lord. Then again they were the side to beat in the last Copa too and guess what...SALT :devil: :devil:

Yuh cyah be looking to make style on an experimental B squad from Brazil after one game. Take yuh time and call yuh shots when things clear up a lil bit nah man...heheheh

Anyhow..Brazil win 4 of the last 8 Copa Amercias and play in 6 of the last 8 finals. Not to mention playing in 3 of the last 4 Wc finals and winning 2. Brazil fans drunk off a trophies...we cyah win everything. But the fat lady eh sing yet  ;)

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 29, 2007, 08:22:47 AM »
What allyuh thought of Veron....he had a nice shot in the first half that rocked the cross bar after Keller got a hand to it, but I found his passes seemed to be either too short or too long.

Requilme had some real hospital passes too at times, that said, his pass for the Tevez goal was boss (at least I think it was requilme who passed it)

well yes

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 29, 2007, 08:24:27 AM »
My South American team has always been Argentina from time immemorial.  What a choice of midfielders.  Ah see why Veron get the start though.  He has that ability to spread those long passes; the 40-yard passes with good precision.  Aimar and Tezez look good when they came on, and Messi was a thorn until he was substituted.  

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 29, 2007, 08:24:52 AM »
Allyuh see a big team?

AR-GEN-TI-NA[/color][/glow]

Brazil fans whey allyuh?  lol

heheh. nice one. we right here  ;D But hear nah..we know Argentina squad was de squad to beat this rounds. Dat is a deadly selection. Men like Tevez and Aimar coming off the bench. Lord. Then again they were the side to beat in the last Copa too and guess what...SALT :devil: :devil:

Yuh cyah be looking to make style on an experimental B squad from Brazil after one game. Take yuh time and call yuh shots when things clear up a lil bit nah man...heheheh

Anyhow..Brazil win 4 of the last 8 Copa Amercias and play in 6 of the last 8 finals. Not to mention playing in 3 of the last 4 Wc finals and winning 2. Brazil fans drunk off a trophies...we cyah win everything. But the fat lady eh sing yet  ;)

doh boddah with 'Youte nah....he jes lookin for a straw or two tuh grab onto...with all dah pressha for Assnal, Argentina is he only hope.  ;D

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 29, 2007, 08:33:07 AM »
I go be the first one to say it....this game is real shyt  :-\

i must be watch a diff game..
that game was real nice to watch...Argentina show how to play one touch ball...dem real play...
i see a diff game to u jed

The entire game was not shyt...just the first half...Argentina came out in the second half with a bit more purpose and hence the 3 additional goals were scored. There attacking forays were very methodical and the US team did not have an answer. Kudos to Bob Bradley who was not outcoached but his team was extremely overmatched.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 29, 2007, 08:42:52 AM »
Allyuh see a big team?

AR-GEN-TI-NA
Brazil fans whey allyuh?  lol

We right here! Doh worry, we'll bounce allyuh up in the finals...and show allyuh that big team is big team!  :devil:
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 29, 2007, 08:52:46 AM »
One thing I commend the States for is that they played positively.- Not saying they didn't defend in numbers when Arg had the ball- it was obviously necessary...but when they did break the opposing plays down- they were intelligent & positive with the ball.

At 1-1, many teams punching above their weight class (like the States were)..would have totally closed up shop, and try to play out the draw with negative ugly football....and the States were good enough to attempt it and be successful....They didn't though- they played as if they were always in contention for the game, and attempted to keep the ball and play constructively when they had it.....

What people have to remember is that this Argentina team is a f-ing BOMB SQUAD !!! They can beat full strength competitive teams in the same manner as they beat the States B-team last night. For an experimental U.S. team, they have nothing to hang their heads about.....

Agreed.  Under Steve Sampson...or even Arena, we would have seen 81 minutes of ball-killing football following Johnson's penalty.  Plus, you have to hand it to Argentina...with the exception of the mental fart displayed by the defense on the equaliser (and Keller's hesitance in coming for the ball) the goals scored were really world class and completely against the run of play.

I really like Bob Bradley as a coach and give him kudos for his stewardship of the team thus far.  While I'm not a fan of the US, I support them for several reasons...and Bradley is yet another of those reasons.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 29, 2007, 08:53:43 AM »
What allyuh thought of Veron....he had a nice shot in the first half that rocked the cross bar after Keller got a hand to it, but I found his passes seemed to be either too short or too long.

Requilme had some real hospital passes too at times, that said, his pass for the Tevez goal was boss (at least I think it was requilme who passed it)

Veron, Veron, Veron......  what to say bout he boy?

Well to start I must say that I am not a Veron fan.  I think that his being "blacklisted" from the national team for a few years was well deserved for the shit he used to play when he had on the Albiceleste shirt.  

But I must say, he looked like a boss last night.

By playing right in front of the back four he was seeing more of the ball than Riquelme, but then he is a harder worker so defensively that helps.  Going forward, I still think that he was trying to force the ball a bit at times and he must learn to just give the ball to Juan Roman to conduct it, but that will come after some buff from the coach Basile.

Who beating this side?  eh?  eh?  

BRAH-ZIL  WHEY ALLYUH?????

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 29, 2007, 09:48:47 AM »
I find it was a real nice entertaining game.

Give USA credit they were doing well at times..and you could see they playing to instruction and closing down the space. Also they defended well and men real pelt they frame to block some shot.

But Argentina bomb squad show them how its done.

After a certain level the qualities of players and who is better is quite evident. They had some things after you pass the basics of the game that seperates the sheep from the goats.

Zanetti was stripping men of the ball clean clean in the back and hitting them a turn or a wrong address cool cool.

I was not impressed with Riquleme, Aimar looked good when he came on and I find Veron handle it. Messi kinda get a small lock down in the game and Crespo still dangerous.

But that said..

GO BRAZIL

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 29, 2007, 12:36:22 PM »
First off - great to see Eddie Johnson being given the responsibility on the penalty kick and converting it. Otherwise, count me among those who find his play to be tentative. However, for me it's not entirely clear whether his hesitation (when isolated on top) is a consequence of being attentive to certain instructions from the coaching staff or of his personal undoing. Nevertheless, 11 goals in 27 matches is nothing to sneer at.

I wish I could share the joy or sorrow that some of us feel through ARG's triumph. Argentina has my respect but rarely my support (admittedly for some reasons extending beyond the field). Nevertheless, through the lens of a dispassionate observer I found what I saw of the match to be satisfying. As a fan it would be difficult to complain.

I wouldn't describe this squad in any terms other than 'experimental' or 'exploratory'. Bradley will depart Venezuela armed with useful information, particularly so should he go further down his depth chart.

According to Keller: “If we came here with our first team, than you could truly look at results. Of course we are trying to get results, but knowing that we are coming with an under strength and inexperienced team.  Ultimately what we are trying to do is to increase our playing pool, so when World Cup qualifying comes around we can compete against and dominate teams lesser than us.”

Sensible planning facilitated by proper player management (the US) as opposed to an impasse created by the intransigence of a national federation and the dominant personality of a FIFA executive (TT) resulting in the presentation of a mediocre team.

Match Considerations:

Specifically, while the US camp will likely play down the loss in terms of superior opposition, I think the match highlighted the US' inability to come up with an alternative approach during the post 1-1 period. Marshalling players in defensive positions and searching for counterattacking opportunities brings very little to the table when there are no/insufficient adjustments in tempo - especially during transitions. In this regard US play was very, very predictable.

We could debate the factors contributing to this predictability, but IMV there would likely be near if not universal agreement that a contributing factor would have been the US' defensive posture itself (less purposeful than that employed by Mexico versus Brazil, such that numbers-up situations for the US meant squat to an advancing ARG)

On the other hand, 2 of ARG's goals (Tevez's and Aimar's) stand out for having made play unpredictable. Someone on the thread suggested that Tevez's goal was offside. Far from it. Review his starting position and you'll see that it was sheer brilliance in it's timing, but the key was the ball was flighted in a way that assisted the defense's confusion.

IMV, Aimar's goal was of even better quality. Whether defined soley by Heinze's overlapping movement or Aimar's appreciation of the quality of run needed to meet that ball from outside the area, that goal defined the perfect answers as to how and why the US was made to look flatfooted at the back. IMV, these answers don't solely lie in inexperience but also in the lack of predictability of play as exhibited by ARG.

Facing an opponent that adjusts to conditions imposed by the match is what separates the US from its CONCACAF opponents.

A word on Messi:

Nah, ... never mind  ;D

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 29, 2007, 02:51:58 PM »

I really was not impressed with Veron until the second half (and in spurts at that). I was (still am) concerned with him and Riquelme playing together. Despite the hospital passes, Juan Roman is still the gunslinger we have come to know and love. Men could make all the excuses they wnat about about a USA B/C team; fact is the Albiceleste showed class and composure and will be a force in this Copa.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 29, 2007, 04:58:42 PM »
My South American team has always been Argentina from time immemorial.  What a choice of midfielders.  Ah see why Veron get the start though.  He has that ability to spread those long passes; the 40-yard passes with good precision.  Aimar and Tezez look good when they came on, and Messi was a thorn until he was substituted.  

Dey always have great talent, ah would go so far to say, dat tuh me Maradona is de best player de world have ever seen, ah guess is because I grew up seeing him as a super star. All yuh doh start no shit about Maradona was on drugs, blah, blah, blah, wey he sniff or pipe on he personal time, dat is he business. I'm talking about on de football pitch performance, he always will be de best. Ah thought Ronaldinho would ah make he and Pele look small de way he started off his career, but it doh look so. Ronaldinho or Kaka still have time tuh be de best doh, let's wait and see. Wid all de love ah have fuh de talent of Maradona, meh point of meh post is dat ah always will respect their talent and team play, dat is where it stop doh. Argentinians are some big f*****g racist, bullet, bullet, bullet. Go make ah visit tuh Argentina, and ah bet yuh go stop saying my team. Any way, big up yuh self, tuh each his own, we touched on dis topic before doh. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 05:02:55 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 30, 2007, 10:08:07 AM »
Go make ah visit tuh Argentina, and ah bet yuh go stop saying my team. Any way, big up yuh self, tuh each his own, we touched on dis topic before doh.

Not necessarily true. No need to go into it as you say, but I've had enough experiences (personal & very close to home) to say that that statement is very possibly not true......

But everyone has different experiences & I guess perception is reality huh?

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 30, 2007, 02:45:54 PM »
Go make ah visit tuh Argentina, and ah bet yuh go stop saying my team. Any way, big up yuh self, tuh each his own, we touched on dis topic before doh.

Not necessarily true. No need to go into it as you say, but I've had enough experiences (personal & very close to home) to say that that statement is very possibly not true......

Kicker, may be meh post should read,"most of de people in Argentina are racist". Kicker, like I said before, we did touch on dis topic, and if yuh check out meh past post on dis, yuh would realise dat ah visited dat country a few times wid de airline touring team ah was playing wid. Mey breddah, ah not just saying dat tuh bash de people and dem, cuz ah love dey team football, their individual talent and de ladies of course  ;)  ;D. After Brazil, is Argentina fuh me, as far as talent and team play goes. On de team we had ah youth (our star player) from Argentina, and he was ah real, real nice guy, he use tuh be wid de breddahs all de time and flexing. However, he came here (USA) as ah lil kid, so may be dat is why he is like dat. Dis same youth told us when we was going tuh Argentina, dat most of de people there are racist, so dat we wouldn't have any surprises when we get there. Mey boi ah few ah de tugs in de team, we hit de streets in de night, and yes sir, first hand experience, dey are racist. Each visit we made there for a tournament, it was de same racist behavior. May be you had some good experiences, wid some people dat are like de youth in our team, and their personality is different, so you would disagree wid meh. No problem meh breddah, ah cud understand dat  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 02:47:41 PM by SUPA »
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 30, 2007, 03:59:27 PM »

Kicker, may be meh post should read,"most of de people in Argentina are racist". Kicker, like I said before, we did touch on dis topic, and if yuh check out meh past post on dis, yuh would realise dat ah visited dat country a few times wid de airline touring team ah was playing wid. Mey breddah, ah not just saying dat tuh bash de people and dem, cuz ah love dey team football, their individual talent and de ladies of course  ;)  ;D. After Brazil, is Argentina fuh me, as far as talent and team play goes. On de team we had ah youth (our star player) from Argentina, and he was ah real, real nice guy, he use tuh be wid de breddahs all de time and flexing. However, he came here (USA) as ah lil kid, so may be dat is why he is like dat. Dis same youth told us when we was going tuh Argentina, dat most of de people there are racist, so dat we wouldn't have any surprises when we get there. Mey boi ah few ah de tugs in de team, we hit de streets in de night, and yes sir, first hand experience, dey are racist. Each visit we made there for a tournament, it was de same racist behavior. May be you had some good experiences, wid some people dat are like de youth in our team, and their personality is different, so you would disagree wid meh. No problem meh breddah, ah cud understand dat  :beermug:. HIGHLY BLESSED.

Nah I hear yuh....like ah say, everybody's experience is different and I know enough to imagine that what you are saying could very well be the experience of many. - just thought the whole "visit Argentina and they will no longer be your team" was a bit too much of a sweeping statement that may not bear as much truth as implied.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 04:01:24 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

1]; } ?>