April 24, 2024, 08:02:52 PM

Author Topic: Yorke, Corneal, Fuentes get FIFA appointments  (Read 7557 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
Yorke, Corneal, Fuentes get FIFA appointments
« on: June 28, 2007, 08:50:08 PM »
Yorke, Corneal, Fuentes get FIFA appointments
By: Express.

Friday, June 29th 2007

Trinidad and Tobago have received three appointees on the latest standing committees announced by FIFA which will take effect from tomorrow.

As FIFA declared their new general secretary Jerome Valcke and deputy general secretary Markus Kattner, those appointed on committees from CONCACAF and coming from T&T include ex-national player and coach Alvin Corneal on the FIFA Technical Committee, T&T Football Federation media officer Shaun Fuentes on FIFA's  Media Committee, and retired national captain Dwight Yorke on FIFA's Football Committee, which is chaired by Franz Beckenbauer.

Some of the other players on the FIFA football committee alongside Yorke include Cameroon's Roger Milla, Brazil's Pele, England's Sir Bobby Charlton, Mexico's Hugo Sanchez, Liberia's George Weah and Portugal's Eusebio.

Yorke, 35, is coming off  arguably his most successful year on the international stage. He led the T&T team in remarkable fashion at the 2006 World Cup and was adjudged the best defensive player of the group phase. He is also set to make a return to the English Premiership after helping Sunderland to the English Championship Division title last season.

The 69-year-old Corneal, a past T&T national footballer and cricketer as well as head coach, is also a FIFA instructor and CONCACAF sports consultant. He was also a member of FIFA's technical study group at the 2006 World Cup

Among the others on the media committee of which Fuentes is now one of 15 members globally,  are Tunisian Slim Chiboub, who is the chairman, Guatemala's Rafael Salguero (deputy chairman), CONCACAF's Jason Hughes, FIFA's Markus Siegler and Emmanuel Maradas, who served as the FIFA media officer for T&T's World Cup playoff with Bahrain in 2005.

Fuentes has served as media officer for the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation since 2000 and had a career in the media before that which was kick started at the Trinidad Guardian. Along with serving as the press officer for the national team at the 2006 World Cup, he also carries out similar responsibilities for the Caribbean Football Union.

The 26-year-old Fuentes was the youngest of the national teams' press officers at Germany 2006.

All three appointees, while based on recommendations, were duly considered and agreed upon by FIFA before final appointments were made. The announcements were also commended by CONCACAF president Jack Warner.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Yorke, Corneal, Fuentes get FIFA appointments
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 09:01:57 PM »
Ok so Dwight blank Jack and he still but him on the committee? Intresting. The other 2 is JW stooge so it eh surprising.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 09:02:58 PM »
What will be their respective responsibilities in this FIFA sphere?

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 09:20:34 PM »
Ok so Dwight blank Jack and he still but him on the committee? Intresting. The other 2 is JW stooge so it eh surprising.
I was wrong about Shaun Fuentes all along man...de man smart no ass.  He was saying whatever it is Uncle Jack tell him tuh say not because is he 'job'...but because he had ah ace up he sleeve (thanks tuh Unkie Jack) all de time.

Nice one...dey, clean didn't see that one coming.  Man like Lasana wasting he time fighting up fuh dis 'justice' thing man.

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 10:10:54 PM »
I was wrong about Shaun Fuentes all along man...de man smart no ass.  He was saying whatever it is Uncle Jack tell him tuh say not because is he 'job'...but because he had ah ace up he sleeve (thanks tuh Unkie Jack) all de time.

Nice one...dey, clean didn't see that one coming.  Man like Lasana wasting he time fighting up fuh dis 'justice' thing man.
[/b]

It is never a waste of time to fight fuh a righteous cause man what wrong with yuh?  Every dog will have it's day so doh worry he smiling now but karma is a hell of a thing.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 11:24:55 PM »

I am sure he made that recommendation before he get blank....by that time it was too late to change he mind  ;D let's see how this pans out.

What is the purpose of these committees anyway?

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 11:37:20 PM »

[/b]

It is never a waste of time to fight fuh a righteous cause man what wrong with yuh?  Every dog will have it's day so doh worry he smiling now but karma is a hell of a thing.

Dat breeze yuh feel on de top ah yuh head....dat was Sarcasm doing ah fly by.  :devil:

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 03:42:10 AM »

all these people have played the game smartly.

Corneal has managed to remain in Jack's good books as has  Fuentes has continued to dutifully perform ihs services as TTFF Press Officer and Dwight has also distanced himself from the action of the 16 players and FPATT. Remember he was the one initially who read out the statement in support of the players at that press conference a while back....and now......he's laid back quietly into the scenes.

Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 08:16:31 AM »

In the long term Liburd will have the last laugh, mark my words

Offline duscam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 08:27:20 AM »

Dwight has also distanced himself from the action of the 16 players and FPATT. Remember he was the one initially who read out the statement in support of the players at that press conference a while back....and now......he's laid back quietly into the scenes.

That statement is very inflammatory and you have no evidence that he not supporting..Ddint he deny Jack and didnt go to the gold cup? as far as i know everybody supporting...and also as far as i know them fellas not "vex" with Jack like we are... as Shaka say..that is just business. With that being said if you get a chance to sit on a committee with those greats you not going to take the opportunity? steeups...double steeups....
And as for Fuentes....he have to look out for himself....you feel lasana doh make money too..is a job he doing and at the end of the day you have to tkae care of your family...everyone who has ambition want to get ahead..to make more money etc.
As my African Diaspora professor Fitzroy Baptiste used to say..."You have to play by their rules until you are in a position to effect change" Everybody wants to accomplish something so it should be a good thing for us...cause the day that Jack dead we want to know that we still have some people who have Trinidad football at heart in a position to effect change....
Corneal -I cyah help yuh dey cause everybody know he shady......and at 69 i doh really care..

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 08:55:53 AM »

In the long term Liburd will have the last laugh, mark my words

Good gawd man...

I was being sarcastic.

Offline FLi !

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 08:57:51 AM »

Dwight has also distanced himself from the action of the 16 players and FPATT. Remember he was the one initially who read out the statement in support of the players at that press conference a while back....and now......he's laid back quietly into the scenes.

That statement is very inflammatory and you have no evidence that he not supporting..Ddint he deny Jack and didnt go to the gold cup? as far as i know everybody supporting...and also as far as i know them fellas not "vex" with Jack like we are... as Shaka say..that is just business. With that being said if you get a chance to sit on a committee with those greats you not going to take the opportunity? steeups...double steeups....
And as for Fuentes....he have to look out for himself....you feel lasana doh make money too..is a job he doing and at the end of the day you have to tkae care of your family...everyone who has ambition want to get ahead..to make more money etc.
As my African Diaspora professor Fitzroy Baptiste used to say..."You have to play by their rules until you are in a position to effect change" Everybody wants to accomplish something so it should be a good thing for us...cause the day that Jack dead we want to know that we still have some people who have Trinidad football at heart in a position to effect change....
Corneal -I cyah help yuh dey cause everybody know he shady......and at 69 i doh really care..

I think you've missed my pt duscam. At no point did I say I blamed the 3 individuals, in fact I might do the same if put in a similar position.

All  I was doing was illustrating the situation.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2007, 08:58:12 AM »

Corneal has managed to remain in Jack's good books as has  Fuentes has continued to dutifully perform ihs services as TTFF Press Officer and Dwight has also distanced himself from the action of the 16 players and FPATT. Remember he was the one initially who read out the statement in support of the players at that press conference a while back....and now......he's laid back quietly into the scenes.

I would disagree on the motives of Yorke...for whatever his reticence on FPATT I don't think it had anything to do with him being appointed to anything within FIFA.  He easily could get appointments on his own merits unlike the other two lackeys.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2007, 09:48:40 AM »

as a breds of mine once told me...whenever jackula wants to put somebody in he backpocket...they usually get a trip someplace or he gets something cushy for them.....

Offline FLi !

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2007, 10:06:26 AM »

I would disagree on the motives of Yorke...for whatever his reticence on FPATT I don't think it had anything to do with him being appointed to anything within FIFA.  He easily could get appointments on his own merits unlike the other two lackeys.

I'm not saying it's directly linked. Ppl do things for different reasons and to each their own, however you wouldn't see Shaka getting that appointment now would you.  If you're not openly against Jack the world of footballing possibilities are open to you.

There are things I cannot disclose, but stay tuned for developments in the legal action..........

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2007, 10:09:34 AM »
WELL YORKE!!! CONGRATS  :beermug:

YOU ARE A GENUINE PERSON AND JAH BLESSINGS WILL ALWAYS FOLLOW YOU.

WELL DONE

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2007, 11:55:34 AM »
I've said it many times for our people to survive in Football any where Jack must have something to do with it,who vex loss,what's going with our players etc etc is nothing new to Jack at the end of the day he's going to come out on top,is either you play by his rules or forget it,this whole thing with PFATT will be a long drawn out thing which everybody will forget just now,players will start to play one by one just now,people have to remember Yorke was in that same position already and end up coming back to play got Captain etc etc   

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2007, 12:17:05 PM »
I've said it many times for our people to survive in Football any where Jack must have something to do with it,who vex loss,what's going with our players etc etc is nothing new to Jack at the end of the day he's going to come out on top,is either you play by his rules or forget it,this whole thing with PFATT will be a long drawn out thing which everybody will forget just now,players will start to play one by one just now,people have to remember Yorke was in that same position already and end up coming back to play got Captain etc etc   

How things going in Trin so fari?

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2007, 02:06:59 PM »
Congrats Shaun...keep up the good work!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2007, 02:26:00 PM »
Dwight walking a fine line dey, brothers

Offline FLi !

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2007, 03:51:10 PM »

There are going to be developments in the next few days and many things will come to light eventually

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2007, 03:55:24 PM »
I 95.5 saying that TTFF and FIFA want to silence Dwight by this appoinment, but a listener pointed out that Dwight declined the Gold Cup appearance.
and now he saying Corneal may now come out and talk.
http://www.i955fm.com/nowplaying.aspx
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 04:02:46 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2007, 06:56:45 PM »
We didn't hear Dwight accept anything yet, but apparently Jack Warner is up to some trick.....

Be very careful... de devil dont always come in a Red Dress.....
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2007, 07:49:23 PM »
There are going to be developments in the next few days and many things will come to light eventually
tell we nuh ;)
enquiring minds want to know ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2007, 09:05:49 PM »
Good always wins over evil ,I think he will really feel it this time .Never before jack ever face this kinda backlash .But that devil strong so he might survive ,is then you mount another onslaught.

Some of the other players on the FIFA football committee alongside Yorke include Cameroon's Roger Milla, Brazil's Pele, England's Sir Bobby Charlton, Mexico's Hugo Sanchez, Liberia's George Weah and Portugal's Eusebio.
BTW what Dwight  doing with them big boys  :o ,I kinda really proud of him eh .What his capacity ,and can just anybody make it there.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 09:08:37 PM by Quagmire »

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2007, 07:06:38 AM »
congrats to dwight

Offline FLi !

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2007, 07:48:02 AM »
tell we nuh ;)

Inquiring Minds need not inquire anymore.....

<a href="http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=28944.0"
target="_blank">Warriors Serve Camps, TTFF![/url]

Stay Tuned....

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2007, 10:23:20 AM »
tell we nuh ;)
Inquiring Minds need not inquire anymore.....
<a href="http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=28944.0"
target="_blank">Warriors Serve Camps, TTFF![/url]
Stay Tuned....

THANKS FLi !
very sorry to say but, but I ent putting much credence in the judicial sysyem in TnT.

anyway, Good Luck FPATT
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 12:10:23 PM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2007, 12:08:06 PM »
We didn't hear Dwight accept anything yet, but apparently Jack Warner is up to some trick.....

Be very careful... de devil dont always come in a Red Dress.....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

1]; } ?>