April 18, 2024, 08:25:13 PM

Author Topic: Revisiting the TnT Vs US 9Feb05 Match; Referees, etc  (Read 930 times)

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Revisiting the TnT Vs US 9Feb05 Match; Referees, etc
« on: August 08, 2005, 07:38:35 PM »

What can we as fans do to promote fair, just or unbiased refereeing?  The topic is particularly important because I believe that whenever a team is playing against the US the referees’ calls tend to be in favor of the US.  In some ways the referees are looking out for themselves, if they make a bad call against the US, then it might affect the number of future games  they referee, their advancement etc. It then appears that when there is doubt, the team that is playing against the US does not receive the benefit of the doubt.  I saw that in the US versus Guatemala WCQ match.

The issue is particularly relevant now, as we approach the 17 Aug match.  In the last WCQ,  Stern John was called offside in the 20th minute, and at that time I thought that the call was highly questionable.  On reviewing the tape, it again  appears as though Stern is not offside.  If others concur, any idea what action was taken by the TTFF; and more to the point how we as fans can let the appropriate authorities know that biased refereeing is not acceptable.

http://www.ecaribbeansports.com/MyImages/SJohnQuesOffside/SJohnoffside.html

http://www.ecaribbeansports.com/TnTvsUS_9Feb05.html

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Revisiting the TnT Vs US 9Feb05 Match; Referees, etc
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 07:54:23 PM »
From that camera angle, it is difficult to make that call. You have to be in line wit Stern to really determine if he offside.

Bad calls happen all the time. In all sports there is always the feeling that a team or an individual gets all the good calls (e.g. ManU, Michael Jordan, Australia etc.) and some get bad calls (e.g. Lara, Viera, Rodman etc.). Once it's not blatant and calculated, you just have tuh get on wit de game. Personally, I doh feel it have no kinda conspiracy. If we play de blasted game wit some purpose and heart, we eh goh have tuh study dem ting. We shouldn't be banking on de referee. In de EPL, dem managers always complaining about dem referee. Is jes part of de game. Goals score, dey say it eh score. When it eh score, dey say it score.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 08:14:28 PM »
It supposed to be that the home Team will get any dubious or 50-50 calls. But this does only happen in theory and not in practice.

Right now ref cyar help us lose or win a game because we beating ourselves and honestly yuh cyar cry no penalty because we ent have no fwd running to goal or taking on any man for a claim to even be justified.

I also find the Central American refs doe show we no love, only the American ones, does be fair.

And just pray we ent get Prendergast, cause he ent giving we shit!

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 09:07:30 PM »
i felt stern had a real chance to tie it around the 88th min(sometime around then) and he ms-trapped it on his chest. if he chests it cleanly hes one on one with keller. just goes to show you how long stern has been struggling.

he looked offside in the 20th min though. its just the camera angle.
great job with that site though storebay
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 09:09:24 PM by supporter »
Hart for president

1]; } ?>