April 26, 2024, 08:11:06 PM

Author Topic: Ottis Gibson to coach West Indies?  (Read 1330 times)

Offline RRamdin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Ottis Gibson to coach West Indies?
« on: June 30, 2007, 02:06:31 PM »
As I have said time after time, whoever plays or coaches for us is of no consequence at the moment. Until we sort our structure these things will hardly make a difference. However I've heard that Gibson has put his name forward as coach as an alternative to the Moores regime. Usually I would be against appointing a West Indian coach to coach us at this current point in time, however Gibson is an interesting case. Clearly England rate him as a coach, as he is the ECB's academy bowling coach and he has been assistant coach at Leicstershire I believe. If England rate his coaching abilities I would be happy to give Gibson a chance, maybe not as our head coach but maybe as bowling coach.

TrinInfinite

Re: Ottis Gibson to coach West Indies?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 08:15:56 AM »
lets hope he will have the sense to incorporate spinners in his team...

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 11:52:21 AM »
Sounds like he better off running we Academy. 

Offline Remie

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 08:30:40 AM »
It would be nice to have Gibson somewhere in the West Indies cricket set up. Im not sure that coach of the West Indies is the right place for him with the current administrators because it would be a lose lose situation to be coach of the West Indies at the moment. As Savannah Boy said- he would be better off having a role in an academy for the time being. Do we have an academy?

Offline RRamdin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 11:55:43 AM »
I dont' believe we do at the moment. We had the Shell Acadamey I think, but that closed down.

1]; } ?>