April 27, 2024, 06:01:37 PM

Author Topic: Commercial: Breach of Contract.  (Read 18203 times)

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Commercial: Breach of Contract.
« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2007, 08:09:42 AM »
Edit
(1) Mike Berry is in an interesting role, is he paid by the TTFF for his services?
(2) Do the players he represents from Socawarriors WC 2006 have any claim to a settlement even  though they are not named as claimants?
TakeNoPrisoners,
have you read this story about Mike Berry?
and this thread has some info
and this thread has more info

Thanks for the  info Westcoast.
Found this  post from Kentsoulman

kentsoulman
Full Warrior

Re: Nice to see someone involved with T&T football can beat the rest!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 07:10:34 PM »   
------------------------------------------------------------------------
all transfer fees must be declared to the FA. This is a rule brought in to bring transparency to english football.
Basically, agents were paid by clubs to encourage their players to sign. Therefore, the agent got paid by club and player, but the players were not aware of this. Literally, some agents received a brown paper bag full of cash. In one well documented case, an Italian player was signed by an English club and was told that the club would pay the agents fee. The player got a tax bill 18 monthes later for £400,000. He had to pay the tax as a benefit in kind. The agent was paid £1,000,000.
The FA will punish Luton Town. Don't know if they can punish Tomlins, because he has resigned as chairman.
Obviously, a player may wonder if the agent is acting in his best interest if the club is paying the agent an additional secret fee. Maybe the player could have had this extra money. Maybe there was a better deal at another club, but they wouldn't pay the agent a "sweetener".
It would be interesting to hear Carlos's view.
don't forget, Mike Berry was paid by TTFF to attend the world cup.....and his players aren't on the blacklist.
Makes you wonder if they had a private deal with TTFF? Also, wonder if Mike Berry advised them to drop the court case, and if he did, which employer was he working for, the players or TTFF.
You can see why FPATT want to address the issue of agents and maybe provide their own agenty service. 

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2007, 10:25:19 AM »
Is Mr. Scoon brand new to the profession? i.e untouched or unbitten by Jackulas fiscal fangs

Just seems kind of odd to me that a lawyer handling a case of this magnitude would have a hotmail address for business purposes.

Dutty, see what yuh start?  a little 'btw' comment leads to a page of discourse

Boy  :D...dese beasts eh easy in here when dey start to swarm oui

For the ones who got the wrong impression....the reason I ASKED  about Mr Scoon is I hoped he was not a 'rookie' lawyer....as a  rookie lawyer going up against Jack and the horde of legal beasts in his corner is no small feat

If you remember he during the FIFA issue last year...Jack seemed to have people on retainer in Chicago, Europe and Trinidad
Everybody know it eh no regular strength socouyant that FPATT challenging

Again, hence the reason ah did AKS ah question....nevertheless Royalian clear up de issue of lawyers and internet domains since de first page...but ah realise some ah allyuh jus love yuh bacchanal enough to push it to 3 pages

so it does go  :P

I really hope Mr Scoon and FPATT are sucessfull
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2007, 10:46:21 AM »
nah nah nah doh try dat

I ent dun wid my mauby and popcorn yet :devil: :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2007, 10:49:01 AM »
nah nah nah doh try dat

I ent dun wid my mauby and popcorn yet :devil: :devil:

you eh have ah under 20 game today to go and play ball boy for??.....go to de stadium and get ready
and make sure and wear a sign on yuh back to waste down jack.....yuh go get some air time
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2007, 10:50:47 AM »
you eh have ah under 20 game today to go and play ball boy for??.....go to de stadium and get ready
and make sure and wear a sign on yuh back to waste down jack.....yuh go get some air time
yeah if I did dat
the onliest air time I would get is when Jack right hand man here in victoria kick me off de site. :devil:
ya goin an watch out fa meh?
I is de one wid de red hat and jersey and black pants eh ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2007, 01:47:31 PM »
Hi there guys, I'm baaack ;D
well after a long break from the board, I decided to catch up, and checked out the case of players vs. officials. I truly feel the players have a strong case, but are they pleading in the wrong court? isn't there a rule that the litigation should first be made in the court of FIFA??? there's supposed to be an arbitration panel to handle disputes, and that's what jackula has been saying, that they cannot go to a regular high court or cannot go there first ...something like that....
anybody knows???

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2007, 03:29:03 PM »
well after a long break from the board, I decided to catch up, and checked out the case of players vs. officials. I truly feel the players have a strong case, but are they pleading in the wrong court? isn't there a rule that the litigation should first be made in the court of FIFA??? there's supposed to be an arbitration panel to handle disputes, and that's what jackula has been saying, that they cannot go to a regular high court or cannot go there first ...something like that....
anybody knows???

I haven't seen anything in the media where he said anything like that?  Could you say where you heard it?

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2007, 06:17:40 PM »
anybody knows???

The players, via their lawyer, Mike Townley, asked TTFF to attend the FIFA arbitration service. They did not receive a reply. That left legal proceedings as the only available avenue to persue. One can only think that TTFF believed the players would be frightened off by the FIFA regulation concerning non participation in legal action. However, this rule has never been tested to see if it is encroaching on the players human rights and, if so, is not enforceble. Perhaps TTFF were advised not to go to arbitration. If so, that was bad advice because a court, even one in T&T, has more far reaching powers than the arbitration service. The players have attempted to follow FIFA procedure, and therefore it would be difficult for FIFA to penalise the players. In actual fact, FIFA are within their rights to penalise TTFF, as they are the party that refused arbitration and forced the issue into court.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2007, 07:16:59 PM »
Niceness FPATT. Good solid legal preparation dey. Jackula and Sampinho both  :nailbiting: :nailbiting: in dey boots. .......That's right quaking  :rotfl:
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2007, 09:04:49 PM »
anybody knows???

The players, via their lawyer, Mike Townley, asked TTFF to attend the FIFA arbitration service. They did not receive a reply. That left legal proceedings as the only available avenue to persue. One can only think that TTFF believed the players would be frightened off by the FIFA regulation concerning non participation in legal action. However, this rule has never been tested to see if it is encroaching on the players human rights and, if so, is not enforceble. Perhaps TTFF were advised not to go to arbitration. If so, that was bad advice because a court, even one in T&T, has more far reaching powers than the arbitration service. The players have attempted to follow FIFA procedure, and therefore it would be difficult for FIFA to penalise the players. In actual fact, FIFA are within their rights to penalise TTFF, as they are the party that refused arbitration and forced the issue into court.

Based on the regulations that dcs provided elsewhere I don't think that there is anything that binds the players to arbitration vs. their federation.  I believe it more governed FIFA and Federations themselves, rather than the players, but I could be off on that.

Also any FIFA rule compelling the players to arbitration over trial would more be a worker's rights issue than a 'human' rights issue really.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2007, 12:07:45 AM »

Well it is very interesting the players did actually request arbitration in CAS...I guess that was when TTFF was blanking the lawyers.  Unless they have a plausible reason for that then they put themselves in a weird situation (what new).

Now that they wake up they will likely push for the arbitration.  Something should come of this by next week i would think.

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2007, 02:10:41 PM »
thanks fpatt for the info (are you really a member??)

Best to the players...maybe now the local big wigs will sit down and talk  (yeah, right!!!)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2007, 01:49:47 PM »
Ok today is 8 days did they respond? Is it time for the court to make a judgment info please. Flex, Tallman all yuh know all yuh betta than CIA, FBI and whatever intelligence agency it have out dey help me out
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline SabreWolves

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2007, 02:59:11 PM »
ANYONE......   Whats the latest....   What now....   
This is like a chess match....

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2007, 06:12:51 PM »
bump
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2007, 10:36:47 PM »
Sancho ay on the program saturday that JW et al ask for more time. I hope dey tell them NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2007, 10:54:42 AM »
Sancho ay on the program saturday that JW et al ask for more time. I hope dey tell them NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

To do what??....Shred all de evidence??....ssssttteeeuuuppppsss.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2007, 11:03:54 AM »
nice to see this thread come back up. let us be as diligent as our wronged heroes. any new news?
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2007, 05:44:50 PM »
Exactly more time to buy more shredders louddddddddddd steupssssssss

Offline zuluwarrior

• Hero Warrior
  • use your tongue to count your teeth
    • View Profile
    • http://pointalive.com
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2007, 07:13:27 AM »
Lem mah see how jack goin to shread them checks he recieve when he was smiling on the daily gazatte and the amount ah moneys was announce .they will have to show what they did wid all that money .
good things happening to good people: a good thing
good things happening to bad people: a bad thing
bad things happening to good people: a bad thing
bad things happening to bad people: a good thing

Offline kentsoulman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2007, 07:26:59 AM »
You know this is gonna be tied up for months before it even gets in court. It will seem like nothing is happening, but you can bet that behind the scenes there will be a lot of guys trying to figure out who they can blame, and how they can cover their ass.

Be patient, guys. I'm sure that if theres any news, it will be posted here.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2007, 03:11:41 PM »
patience is when u have a lil problem we have been stuck with  JW too long man reallllllll impatient because we reallllllllllll fedupppppppppp

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2008, 11:18:52 PM »
You know this is gonna be tied up for months before it even gets in court. It will seem like nothing is happening, but you can bet that behind the scenes there will be a lot of guys trying to figure out who they can blame, and how they can cover their ass.

Be patient, guys. I'm sure that if theres any news, it will be posted here.

:waiting: :waiting: :waiting:

Offline black chinee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 06, 2008, 05:53:58 AM »
i cannot believe in the grand scheme of things, this thread is now about a hotmail address.  talk about missing the forrest for the tree

I was just about to say the same thing... it is so easy to distract us, that's why jack and other politicians have such an easy time pulling wool over our eyes.

Great post and it will take some time for me to digest all it's contents.

one question though, i thought they're not going ahead with any civil action since they've been to arbitration?

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2008, 06:10:10 AM »
Takenoprisoners, check here for some updated information on de issue...

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=35552.msg422251#msg422251
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2008, 08:57:57 AM »
one question though, i thought they're not going ahead with any civil action since they've been to arbitration?

Civil action is on hold pending the outcome of the arbitration...this action was taken prior to the TTFF agreeing to the arbitration hearing.

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2008, 10:59:29 AM »
Takenoprisoners, check here for some updated information on de issue...

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=35552.msg422251#msg422251

Thanks brownsugar :beermug:
TTFF and their cronies are floating a trial balloon about old players as a way to in effect continue the blacklist. This is not in-keeping with the spirit of the agreement to go to arbitration.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 08:14:30 AM by takenoprisoners »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2008, 11:00:31 PM »
All yuh remember dis thread dis is where it all began

1]; } ?>