April 27, 2024, 12:43:38 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 920560 times)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #1890 on: October 16, 2010, 11:10:52 AM »
Chelsea's league to lose, if you ask me:  Arsenal will fade as usual, Spurs are not accustomed to playing in two big leagues in the same season, Man City might be a bit too conservative, considering the quality of their playing personnel...

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: October 16, 2010, 11:16:30 AM »
Chelsea's league to lose, if you ask me:  Arsenal will fade as usual, Spurs are not accustomed to playing in two big leagues in the same season, Man City might be a bit too conservative, considering the quality of their playing personnel...

I disagree wid yuh Man City observation...I think they will push us this year....on the other hand, Man U have to pray that Rooney regains his form, otherwise they aren't contenders.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: October 16, 2010, 11:23:49 AM »

thought so last year too and Chelsea nearly fuuck up Chelsea if u get my drift..................so a waitin and prayin but dey could take dis one if dey hold dey head...........started lil shaky at villa today half-time now 0-0
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: October 16, 2010, 11:27:04 AM »
oh yeah an' DHW an d res ah d crew way alyuh......ah missin d expert analysis, small mag could get ah bly, he scarce regardless, but wey d res ah allyuh :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :joker:
I pity the fool....

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: October 16, 2010, 04:35:55 PM »
Another frogging tie!!! >:(
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 06:26:35 PM by triniairman »

giggsy11

« Reply #1895 on: October 17, 2010, 04:45:23 PM »
The problems I see with United this season:

1.A lack of aggressive leadership in midfield and at forward.
2. The team's best players thus far have been Nani and Berbatov but both continue to be inconsistent which reflects in United's lack of killer instinct when op portunites to kill of teams presents it self.
3. It appears that Rooney's head is no longer in the game and he is believing his press clippings which has left United without the aggressive cutting edge that he can provide.
4. The Glazer's and their debt is affecting the team's ability to pursue and buy quality players.
5. United lack creativity in midfield as well as any type of cutting thrust.
6. The team lacks intensity and focus.
7. United maybe going through a transition and we are not very good this year.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: October 17, 2010, 04:51:04 PM »
Wayne Rooney declares his intention to walk out on Manchester United

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/17/wayne-rooney-manchester-united

• Striker falls out with Ferguson and could leave in January
• Manchester City and Real Madrid possible destinations

Wayne Rooney has thrown Manchester United's season into a state of turmoil after informing the club he has no plans to sign another contract and intends to find new employers. Rooney's decision is based on serious differences with Sir Alex Ferguson, the Guardian understands, and will be a devastating blow to the supporters who have come to regard him as a talismanic figure in this troubled era under Malcolm Glazer's ownership.

United may have no option now but to sell the England striker, possibly in the January transfer window, rather than risk his transfer valuation dramatically lowering now that he is only 20 months away from becoming a free agent.

Rooney has always said he has no desire to play abroad and would like to remain in Manchester for the rest of his career, but his mindset has changed and his availability will inevitably attract interest from major forces such as Real Madrid and Barcelona. Manchester City may feel they have an outside chance of capitalising on what has gone wrong for him at Old Trafford, although their chances are undermined by the fact they already have a huge task ahead of them bringing down their wages to prevent Uefa banning them from European competitions under financial fair-play rules.

The full details are not yet clear but the underlying fact is that Rooney now feels that his working relationship with Ferguson has suffered potentially irreparable damage in the fall-out from tabloid allegations about the striker's private life, coinciding with a dramatic loss of form and a growing sense that the most successful manager in the business has taken a hard-line approach with his player.

Rooney has lost his place in the team, with Ferguson citing a supposed ankle injury, and the 24-year-old felt sufficiently emboldened last week to contradict his manager's version of events and make it clear he has not missed a single training session – and was, in essence, dropped for other reasons.

What has not been established is whether these events have coincided with a disagreement about the amount of money he expected to earn in a new contract. United had been willing to make him the highest earner at the club, with a weekly salary of £150,000, and the club's chief executive, David Gill, had stated several times earlier in the year that the matter would be resolved as soon as Rooney was back from the World Cup.

That now appears to have backfired on Gill, with the message already conveyed to senior figures at Old Trafford that Rooney is now counting down his days at the club. There remains a suspicion it might be a part of the negotiating process, but the Guardian has been informed that, for now at least, Rooney's mind is made up and that he and his family are already contemplating where next to take his career.

If that remains the case, it threatens to be an even more devastating blow to the club than Cristiano Ronaldo's £80m transfer to Real Madrid last year given that it was widely known the Portuguese would eventually move to the Bernabéu. Rooney has always given the opposite impression, immersing himself in the fabric of the club, and now appears to be on the brink of being one of the few players to leave against their wishes. Ferguson has moved on some great footballers, including Ruud van Nistelrooy and David Beckham, but always prides himself on players not being sold unless he says so; in this case it seems clear that the decision was made by Rooney first.

With United desperately trying to keep the matter in-house, Ferguson's views on the subject are not clear, other than he is known to be alarmed and angry about the headlines that Rooney has attracted because of his alleged relationship with a prostitute, Jennifer Thompson and mostly his faltering performances on the pitch. Some United fans will be angry that Rooney seems to have portrayed himself as the victim when it could be argued that he has brought these troubles on himself, but a rift has clearly developed between player and manager.

Rooney has been in the worst form of his professional life for the last seven months, without a goal in open play since the first leg of the Champions League quarter-final against Bayern Munich in March. Most worryingly, he is showing few signs of emerging from his current slump. Nonetheless, he remains a hero to the United support and was regarded as the player who would help to ensure continuity and success once Ferguson, plus the likes of Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes, had retired.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 04:54:12 PM by Cantona007 »
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

giggsy11

« Reply #1897 on: October 17, 2010, 05:15:52 PM »
If he wants to leave then he should leave! He will not get a better situation than he has at United and if he has an issue with Ferguson checkin him then he is a bigger loser than I thought. Not bigger than the side!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: October 17, 2010, 06:21:07 PM »
Van der Sar in england too long. He beginning to take he goalkeeping advice from the likes of James and Green. Maybe he was liming with Almunia in the off season...
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: October 17, 2010, 06:59:44 PM »
If he wants to leave then he should leave! He will not get a better situation than he has at United and if he has an issue with Ferguson checkin him then he is a bigger loser than I thought. Not bigger than the side!

:o :o :-X
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: October 17, 2010, 07:06:34 PM »
could not have said it better

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: October 18, 2010, 06:48:02 AM »
Drop 2 points again  :o :o  Anyway Glory Glory, we go take them by Dec  :beermug: :devil:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: October 18, 2010, 07:32:59 AM »
i will take a special delight in watching the demise of Man United :devil:

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: October 18, 2010, 09:12:34 AM »
i will take a special delight in watching the demise of Man United :devil:

You ent the only one...

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: October 18, 2010, 10:12:18 AM »
The real question men need to be asking themselves is why is asshole Alex Ferguson bigger than their club..

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: October 19, 2010, 06:32:10 PM »
Fergie might have to take down that exit sign quick....
Live large and prosper!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: October 20, 2010, 07:57:53 AM »
whoopsy daisy say goodbye to wayney

no one saw this one coming eh?

so far wayne form/attitude not doing him any favors when it comes to potential new clubs

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: October 26, 2010, 03:28:45 PM »
The kids got the job done today vs Wolves in the Carling Cup RO16

Chicharito came off the bench (80th) and changed the game on its head...locked at 2-2 the Mexican whizkid scored an sublime finish in the 90th to win it...

Bebe scored the first and Park the second....

Onto a massive game with Spurs on Saturday

Chicharito Hernandez is going to be a massive player...what a signing by United

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: October 30, 2010, 12:17:25 PM »
WTH just happen for Nani's goal, I eh see it.

:rotfl: Gomes thought it was a free kick and rest it down.
If the ref didn't see, but the linesman did see, how could he overrule??
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 12:19:18 PM by Peong »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: October 30, 2010, 12:18:11 PM »
De shit, de shit, de shit!!!  :banginghead: :frustrated:

Nani gone down hoping for a penalty kick and grab the ball with his hands. Gomes place the ball for a free kick, Nani run around him and score.

The linesman raise his flag and call him over to explain that it was a free kick and the goal should not stand.

Ref overrule the linesman (oh.. we're at Old Trafford). Goal.

The shit continues.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: October 30, 2010, 12:22:55 PM »
Great goal! :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #1911 on: October 30, 2010, 12:25:25 PM »

Nani gone down hoping for a penalty kick and grab the ball with his hands. Gomes place the ball for a free kick, Nani run around him and score.

The linesman raise his flag and call him over to explain that it was a free kick and the goal should not stand.

The shit continues.

I am shocked that you posted about that call!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: October 30, 2010, 12:25:36 PM »
Classless
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: October 30, 2010, 12:26:38 PM »

The shit continues.

Tasteless reply right there Giggsy, just like the players at Man United.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: October 30, 2010, 12:27:48 PM »
Time to check for cash under Clattenberg's mattress.

giggsy11

« Reply #1915 on: October 30, 2010, 12:32:06 PM »
Why are all you Chelski fans so obsessed with United?  Are you closeted fans?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: October 30, 2010, 12:39:15 PM »

ent! i cah even remember the last time i went in they thread
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #1917 on: October 30, 2010, 12:39:46 PM »

The shit continues.

Tasteless reply right there Giggsy, just like the players at Man United.

Not as tasteless as you Chelski fans who can't wait to type about a call you think favored United. It is like you have an inferiority complex while also conveniently forgetting that your beloved Chelski also gets calls in their favor. So spear me the  rose coloured response.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: October 30, 2010, 12:40:06 PM »

Focus.... What is your opinion on that call?

giggsy11

« Reply #1919 on: October 30, 2010, 12:45:42 PM »

Focus.... What is your opinion on that call?

The goal was given based on the ref's interpretation which I am unaware of. If you know please post it! Goal stands.

1]; } ?>