April 28, 2024, 09:04:06 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 921785 times)

giggsy11

Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #2130 on: January 08, 2011, 06:21:24 PM »
Tomasz Kuszczak out? reason?

Anders Lindegaard young fellah, reminds me of when Fergi got Peter

I think Kuszczak wants to be the number 1 and he has yet to realize Fergie only sees him as back up material! He was talking about he will live if he doesn't get to play more.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: January 08, 2011, 06:29:09 PM »
Kuszczak is not good enough to be our number 1...  he is a great shot stopper but he doesnt do a good enough job with the defenders as VDS does... If you watch United with VDS in goal vs without then you see the difference with the defensive perfomance... with VDS its Calm .. without him its a little all over the place...  the goalkeeper can help control the defense and organise them.... 

Fergie already said we will get someone with experience and enough ability to replace VDS... Lindegaard is the new backup.. Amos will wait in the wings and the new guy will be number 1..... Kuszczak will leave, guaranteed

Other than that we need 2 world class players in Summer... a talented attack minded Central midfielder and possibly a winger

Modric and Bale will do me fine....

Akinfeev/Given/Neur are my keeper options in that order

This looking nice

Akinfeev

Rafa
Rio
Vida
Evra

Nani
Modric
Fletcher
Bale

Rooney
Berba

giggsy11

« Reply #2132 on: January 08, 2011, 06:32:39 PM »
Sir Alex gorn ballistic as Preston fires his son Darren. Alex made an immediate recall of all ManU players on loan to Preston  :rotfl: Not easy!

By Alex Dimond

Don't cross Sir Alex Ferguson — or anyone he's ever been related to

Aren't people supposed to mellow with age? I mean, other than those who get even more grouchy and constantly grumble about how "back in my day..."?

It would be simple to say Sir Alex Ferguson belongs in the latter category, if he hadn't always been (by all accounts) just seconds away from the next violent outburst.

Nevertheless, the Scot managed to outdo himself this week, showing the world that vindictiveness (is that a word?!) can always plumb new depths. Hearing the news that his son Darren had been sacked from Preston North End after what no-one can deny was a fairly abject campaign to date, the protective father responded by immediately recalling two Manchester United youngsters on loan at the club, and demanding a third return as soon as possible.

As club chairman Maurice Lindsay noted: "That has come as a bit of a shock to us and it's a bit of a blow."

Josh King and Ritchie de Laet were gaining valuable experience at Deepdale, but now (reportedly against their wishes) will have to return to Old Trafford where they will have to be content with life back in the reserves — something that will only hinder their development. But what cost is that if Fergie needs to make a point?

And that point is? Well, don't EVER sack a Ferguson, obviously.

No matter how incompetent they are

Fergie is the Godfather and Scarface in one. He controlling this whole scene by lending out players to managers he is friends with to not only maintain the friendship but to also keep dem under manners. Half the battle is already won before the teams play.Fergie have this down to a science. As much as the media and opposition fans like to have a go at him he appears to be more popular among mangers than arsene9, Carlo and whoever managing Liverpool these days. English managers and foreign mangers speak highly of the man.

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: January 09, 2011, 09:32:00 AM »
Disappointing match in my opinion, after seeing the replay Berba went down to easily and Gerrard with that insanely clumsy lunge end up getting sent off. I am happy that we are through to the next round of the FA Cup but that was a very subpar to disappointing performance overall.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: January 09, 2011, 09:39:11 AM »
Sir Alex gorn ballistic as Preston fires his son Darren. Alex made an immediate recall of all ManU players on loan to Preston  :rotfl: Not easy!

By Alex Dimond

Aren't people supposed to mellow with age? I mean, other than those who get even more grouchy and constantly grumble about how "back in my day..."?

It would be simple to say Sir Alex Ferguson belongs in the latter category, if he hadn't always been (by all accounts) just seconds away from the next violent outburst.

Nevertheless, the Scot managed to outdo himself this week, showing the world that vindictiveness (is that a word?!) can always plumb new depths. Hearing the news that his son Darren had been sacked from Preston North End after what no-one can deny was a fairly abject campaign to date, the protective father responded by immediately recalling two Manchester United youngsters on loan at the club, and demanding a third return as soon as possible.

As club chairman Maurice Lindsay noted: "That has come as a bit of a shock to us and it's a bit of a blow."

Josh King and Ritchie de Laet were gaining valuable experience at Deepdale, but now (reportedly against their wishes) will have to return to Old Trafford where they will have to be content with life back in the reserves — something that will only hinder their development. But what cost is that if Fergie needs to make a point?

Fergie is the Godfather and Scarface in one. He controlling this whole scene by lending out players to managers he is friends with to not only maintain the friendship but to also keep dem under manners. Half the battle is already won before the teams play.Fergie have this down to a science. As much as the media and opposition fans like to have a go at him he appears to be more popular among mangers than arsene9, Carlo and whoever managing Liverpool these days. English managers and foreign mangers speak highly of the man.

I'm willing to bet that people spoke very highly of Genghis Khan in public, too.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: January 09, 2011, 09:45:05 AM »
It's a win.... but very classless one... was no penalty to begin with  :beermug:

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: January 09, 2011, 10:57:17 AM »

By Alex Dimond

Sir Alex deserves all his praise and credits. His achievements speaks for itself. he has created several winning teams. Not just one team for a couple of years and moving on. Legend!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

giggsy11

« Reply #2137 on: January 09, 2011, 01:31:23 PM »
Kuszczak is not good enough to be our number 1...  he is a great shot stopper but he doesnt do a good enough job with the defenders as VDS does... If you watch United with VDS in goal vs without then you see the difference with the defensive perfomance... with VDS its Calm .. without him its a little all over the place...  the goalkeeper can help control the defense and organise them.... 

Fergie already said we will get someone with experience and enough ability to replace VDS... Lindegaard is the new backup.. Amos will wait in the wings and the new guy will be number 1..... Kuszczak will leave, guaranteed

Other than that we need 2 world class players in Summer... a talented attack minded Central midfielder and possibly a winger

This looking nice

Akinfeev

Rafa
Rio
Vida
Evra

Nani
Modric
Fletcher
Bale

Rooney
Berba

I would move Rooney to a central midfield position providing he regains form and if he doesn't get sold. I would pick up Benzema and buy a left sided winger.

giggsy11

« Reply #2138 on: January 09, 2011, 01:40:57 PM »

By Alex Dimond

I'm willing to bet that people spoke very highly of Genghis Khan in public, too.

I bet you will not admit it in publick but you wouldn't mind if he was  captaining your ship cuase the man always has a plan and he is a WINNER!

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: January 09, 2011, 02:52:29 PM »

This looking nice

Akinfeev

Rafa
Rio
Vida
Evra

Nani
Modric
Fletcher
Bale

Rooney
Berba

I would move Rooney to a central midfield position providing he regains form and if he doesn't get sold. I would pick up Benzema and buy a left sided winger.
Instead of Modric I'll take Sneider and Bale. Modric is good, but I don't see him playing the Man.U style of football. Bale would fit in just right.

On another note, I'll sell Evans and Gibson. I hate seeing their names in the starting line up whenever they get the green light to play.

giggsy11

« Reply #2140 on: January 09, 2011, 03:05:47 PM »

This looking nice

Akinfeev

Rafa
Rio
Vida
Evra

Nani
Modric
Fletcher
Bale

Rooney
Berba

Instead of Modric I'll take Sneider and Bale. Modric is good, but I don't see him playing the Man.U style of football. Bale would fit in just right.

On another note, I'll sell Evans and Gibson. I hate seeing their names in the starting line up whenever they get the green light to play.

I don't know how Evans has not figured out that he needs to hit the gym to improve his physical strength. he looks real fragile. Gibson is one dimensional and I can't see him getting better. I could keep Evans if he improves his physique, Gibson can move on to Sunderland. I don't know why Spurs would sell Bale to United considering how important he is to their side and the fact that the team is successful. Plus Bale didn't come to United when he had a chance which sometimes indicates that a player may not feel like he can handle what it takes to be a United player. But I don't think United should pursue Bale or Modric. I like when they find players that have not blown up yet.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: January 10, 2011, 02:05:52 AM »

By Alex Dimond

I bet you will not admit it in publick but you wouldn't mind if he was  captaining your ship cuase the man always has a plan and he is a WINNER!

I don't give a shit how much of a "winner" he is heralded to be.  Publicly, privately or in my subconcious dreams, I don't like him and I would never want him coaching any team I like.   He has little to no class and sets the tone of how the rest of you lot think and act (publicly and privately) so keep 'im.  Neither do I like manu's style and brand of football, nor do I like any of y'all players.  You think alex ferguson could coach the same kinda football out of the current (or past) Barcelona squad(s) that Pep Guardiola does?  Please.  Allyuh does get tie-up oui.

giggsy11

« Reply #2142 on: January 10, 2011, 07:29:50 AM »

By Alex Dimond

I don't give a shit how much of a "winner" he is heralded to be.  Publicly, privately or in my subconcious dreams, I don't like him and I would never want him coaching any team I like.   He has little to no class and sets the tone of how the rest of you lot think and act (publicly and privately) so keep 'im.  Neither do I like manu's style and brand of football, nor do I like any of y'all players.  You think alex ferguson could coach the same kinda football out of the current (or past) Barcelona squad(s) that Pep Guardiola does?  Please.  Allyuh does get tie-up oui.

That's extra rich coming from a Jose and Chelski fan! I know you enjoy watching shit on a stick football!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: January 10, 2011, 09:36:55 AM »

By Alex Dimond

That's extra rich coming from a Jose and Chelski fan! I know you enjoy watching shit on a stick football!

I like how you always try to use Chelsea as some kinda I-don't-know-what to try and throw back at me.  My appreciation for the fine art of football does not live and die or begin and end with Chelsea.  but fuh y'all manu fans, manu is all you know and manu is all y'all can appreciate. "winning".  that is what y'all like. Ha!  Funny thing is, manu doh play no beautiful brand of football.  manu is NOT on the same level of AC Milan, Inter Milan, Real madrid, Juventus, and (God forbid) Barcelona.  So when you talk about "shit on a stick" football, don't get tie up wit allyuh quantitative results. 19 or hummuch EPL titles and 2 gifted Champions' League tropies and fergie could only DREAM of having his side knock ball the way the aforementioned tems can.  Yuh think fergie could even have his side knockin' ball like how Barca shame allyuh in the CL final?  Even arsene9 know how to have his side playing more attractive football than allyuh.  But it doh matter.  winning" is all that matter.  Beautiful win yesterday against liverpool, by the way.  ;)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: January 10, 2011, 09:40:18 AM »
...as a matter of fact, the most naturally gifted man on allyuh squad, who have more deftness of touch and skill in he little toe than the ress ah allyuh team, allyuh does call a shithong.  But, as vidic said not too long ago "...we don't care about pretty football..." but that was before Eto'o had undress him for all the world to see with some pretty football self.

giggsy11

« Reply #2145 on: January 10, 2011, 09:42:17 AM »

By Alex Dimond

I like how you always try to use Chelsea as some kinda I-don't-know-what to try and throw back at me.  My appreciation for the fine art of football does not live and die or begin and end with Chelsea.  but fuh y'all manu fans, manu is all you know and manu is all y'all can appreciate. "winning".  that is what y'all like. Ha!  Funny thing is, manu doh play no beautiful brand of football.  manu is NOT on the same level of AC Milan, Inter Milan, Real madrid, Juventus, and (God forbid) Barcelona.  So when you talk about "shit on a stick" football, don't get tie up wit allyuh quantitative results. 19 or hummuch EPL titles and 2 gifted Champions' League tropies and fergie could only DREAM of having his side knock ball the way the aforementioned tems can.  Yuh think fergie could even have his side knockin' ball like how Barca shame allyuh in the CL final?  Even arsene9 know how to have his side playing more attractive football than allyuh.  But it doh matter.  winning" is all that matter.  Beautiful win yesterday against liverpool, by the way.  ;)

I take what you say with a grain of salt because you lack zero objectivity when it relates to anyting United. So keep on hatin brother, keep on hatin!  :beermug:

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: January 10, 2011, 10:13:26 AM »

By Alex Dimond

I take what you say with a grain of salt because you lack zero objectivity when it relates to anyting United. So keep on hatin brother, keep on hatin!  :beermug:

So you're saying I'm wrong?  manu does play a brand of football on par with the teams I mentioned?  Arright, sorry, Ah take it back wit meh zero objecive self.  :devil:

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #2147 on: January 10, 2011, 10:20:19 AM »

Yuh either miss the point or choose to ignore her statement. For all yuh talk about United not playing good brand and Ferguson being classless as indictments of Ferguson, you revere Mourinho, sorry "Joe-say". Ferguson and Mourinho are similarly odious if they not at your club. They both bully players, refs and the media while at the same time inspire players and teams to run throughs walls and have self-belief that belies their abilities. Not much between them there.

Mourinho's tactics has its merits but yuh could hardly claim that it is more atrractive than the football that Ferguson has his teams play. Ferguson's sides are genrally more adventurous (I being kind to Mourinho) and less based on a pressing, transition game. If anything this is now a growing part of Ferguson's tactics as he swithces to 4-3-3 but for most of his time Ferguson has relied on a very open system with two wingers mashing line, two strikers and two centre mids, most times without a dedicated destroyer/Makalele/Gilberto type player.

The comparison to Barcelona is neither here nor there since no other modern side playing the football they playing, certainly not the Madrid, Juve , Inter and AC sides yuh mentioning. I curious to hear what other manager have a side playing like Barcelona though since that is the standard that Ferguson being judged by.

As for the others United play Inter and Milan recently. Milan outplay them comprehensively the first time but United didn't look out of place against either Inter or Milan in the past two years. United play Juve through out the 90's and in the early 2000's. First two times Juve walk over them, United was naive to the extreme and did not have the quality. Next time was the CL semis, comprehensive hard-fought United win, and then in the Group stage a couple years later, United Roll past Juve with ease. It used to be that United was big in Europe in name only and the Italian teams were better but that has not been the case for years.

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: January 10, 2011, 02:56:47 PM »

Yuh either miss the point or choose to ignore her statement. For all yuh talk about United not playing good brand and Ferguson being classless as indictments of Ferguson, you revere Mourinho, sorry "Joe-say". Ferguson and Mourinho are similarly odious if they not at your club. They both bully players, refs and the media while at the same time inspire players and teams to run throughs walls and have self-belief that belies their abilities. Not much between them there.

Mourinho's tactics has its merits but yuh could hardly claim that it is more atrractive than the football that Ferguson has his teams play. Ferguson's sides are genrally more adventurous (I being kind to Mourinho) and less based on a pressing, transition game. If anything this is now a growing part of Ferguson's tactics as he swithces to 4-3-3 but for most of his time Ferguson has relied on a very open system with two wingers mashing line, two strikers and two centre mids, most times without a dedicated destroyer/Makalele/Gilberto type player.

The comparison to Barcelona is neither here nor there since no other modern side playing the football they playing, certainly not the Madrid, Juve , Inter and AC sides yuh mentioning. I curious to hear what other manager have a side playing like Barcelona though since that is the standard that Ferguson being judged by.

As for the others United play Inter and Milan recently. Milan outplay them comprehensively the first time but United didn't look out of place against either Inter or Milan in the past two years. United play Juve through out the 90's and in the early 2000's. First two times Juve walk over them, United was naive to the extreme and did not have the quality. Next time was the CL semis, comprehensive hard-fought United win, and then in the Group stage a couple years later, United Roll past Juve with ease. It used to be that United was big in Europe in name only and the Italian teams were better but that has not been the case for years.

.....I don't quite get the "Joe-say" thing, but dize obviously your issue.   To say I "revere" Jose, there might be some truth to that, but clearly by your whole rant, you have no clue why I do, and clearly you, like so many other people, does get tie up wit the whole Jose ting.  Let me make it very clear, eh, I was a Chelsea fan long before Jose arrived at Stamford Bridge and I became a fan of his right before he came to Chelsea.  You talk about bullying the media, refs and players?  Well who you think is the poster boy for that?  Not fergie?  Jose is the first manager (that I see) that stood up to alex ferguson and beat him at his own game. He came in one playoff with Porto against manu and did what no other manager could do.  That is why I  started to like him, soyou can put away all that other stuff about tactics and what not.  Many a time I have criticised Chelsea's tactics, many a time I have expressed my dislike for some of the things that Jose has said or done, in fact, one time I was questioning his tactics on a thread and somebody called themselves pullin' me up on it.   And I don't shy away from criticising him when he makes crazy accusations against officials.  I wouldn't say he bullies the media.  I think he likes to play with them, he likes the attention he gets, he thinks he is clever (and at times he is) and he uses all that (some say......and his degree in psychology) to "take pressure off his team".   As far as bullying players, are you for real? Even if you want to call the few dust-ups that were aired out in the media, you cannot cmpare him to feruson in that department.  Please!  fergie owns the deed on bullying players and quite frankly, I do not think the refs and the FA were as intimidated by Mourinho as they are of fergie. 

I think that when I made the so-called "comparison" to Barcelona, my use of "God forbid" should let you know that I was being facetious.  No team on the planet can compare to Barca under Pep Guardiola so when you say the comparison is "neither here nor there" then you are the one missing the point.  I am just rubbing it in their noses how bad Barca made them look, I am not comparing fergie to Pep because there is no comparison. Whatever successes manu has recently had against the Juventuses and AC Milans of today don't compare to the successes those teams and other teams have had against manu over the span of manu's dominance in english football and saying that manu was "naive" doh fly with me.  What happened against Dortmund, were they naive then, too?  And against Porto....and Bayern Last year, was that naivetee as well?   As well as when Kaka and AC Milan shreded them to bits a few seasons ago.  Come on. .  You said it yourself. "manu was big in name only" but listening to manu fans, their team and fergie is the best team and manager on the planet.....and has been for generations!  And that is bullshit.  It's safe to say I ignored Giggsy's statement.  She and I have had this same discussion before.   

giggsy11

« Reply #2149 on: January 11, 2011, 06:09:26 PM »
Fergie's son going back to manage the side that he managed before Preston; I wonder if the loanees will follow him!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 06:20:53 PM by giggsy11 »

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #2150 on: January 12, 2011, 03:32:59 PM »
I.....I don't quite get the "Joe-say" thing, but dize obviously your issue.   To say I "revere" Jose, there might be some truth to that, but clearly by your whole rant, you have no clue why I do, and clearly you, like so many other people, does get tie up wit the whole Jose ting.  Let me make it very clear, eh, I was a Chelsea fan long before Jose arrived at Stamford Bridge and I became a fan of his right before he came to Chelsea.  You talk about bullying the media, refs and players?  Well who you think is the poster boy for that?  Not fergie?  Jose is the first manager (that I see) that stood up to alex ferguson and beat him at his own game. He came in one playoff with Porto against manu and did what no other manager could do.  That is why I  started to like him, soyou can put away all that other stuff about tactics and what not.  Many a time I have criticised Chelsea's tactics, many a time I have expressed my dislike for some of the things that Jose has said or done, in fact, one time I was questioning his tactics on a thread and somebody called themselves pullin' me up on it.   And I don't shy away from criticising him when he makes crazy accusations against officials.  I wouldn't say he bullies the media.  I think he likes to play with them, he likes the attention he gets, he thinks he is clever (and at times he is) and he uses all that (some say......and his degree in psychology) to "take pressure off his team".   As far as bullying players, are you for real? Even if you want to call the few dust-ups that were aired out in the media, you cannot cmpare him to feruson in that department.  Please!  fergie owns the deed on bullying players and quite frankly, I do not think the refs and the FA were as intimidated by Mourinho as they are of fergie. 

Chow my point is that both Ferguson and Mourinho are similarly distasteful if yuh not backing them. You excusing Mourinho's actions and taking time to find justifications for them and painting them in a positive light at the same time you giving Ferguson a demerit for similar actions. All managers complain about referees' competence and Mourinho complains just as much as Ferguson but even Ferguson never accuse a referee of collusion with an opposing manager. That accusation result in Chelsea fans threatening the ref and his family and the ref decide to resign. Also Ferguson has taken digs at Wenger and Rafa in the past based on legitimate disputes (and has always been complementary of Mourinho) but Mourinho also tackle both those managers plus went after Ranieri in a very low way describing the man as a loser. Add to teh fact that Mourinho does something that Ferguson never does which is interact with opposition fans. I don't see an objective observer looking at that and putting Mourinho on some moral high ground compared to Ferguson.

I think that when I made the so-called "comparison" to Barcelona, my use of "God forbid" should let you know that I was being facetious.  No team on the planet can compare to Barca under Pep Guardiola so when you say the comparison is "neither here nor there" then you are the one missing the point.  I am just rubbing it in their noses how bad Barca made them look, I am not comparing fergie to Pep because there is no comparison. Whatever successes manu has recently had against the Juventuses and AC Milans of today don't compare to the successes those teams and other teams have had against manu over the span of manu's dominance in english football and saying that manu was "naive" doh fly with me.  What happened against Dortmund, were they naive then, too?  And against Porto....and Bayern Last year, was that naivetee as well?   As well as when Kaka and AC Milan shreded them to bits a few seasons ago.  Come on. .  You said it yourself. "manu was big in name only" but listening to manu fans, their team and fergie is the best team and manager on the planet.....and has been for generations!  And that is bullshit.  It's safe to say I ignored Giggsy's statement.  She and I have had this same discussion before.  

Here you complain about United fans over-rating the club and your response criticize them for losing games as if 31 of the 32 teams in the CL proper don't lose games. Is only one team winning it every year and over a span where the club win the competition once, make a final a couple semi-finals and win some big games it's not like they getting outclassed every year. You might find that them losses is something to knock United for but the club is actually in a pretty successful spell in Europe. Again, this is by an objective measure by the standard you setting the club's record is a sign of a shit side.

Anyway my original point is that it okay to not like a side and a manager, especially if he at a club for 24+ years and is identified with the club's success, but yuh have to recognize that the comparison yuh drawing between Mourinho and Ferguson, as far as class and football philosophy goes, might be influenced by your perspective as a Mourinho fan and a non-fan of Ferguson.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: January 12, 2011, 08:45:47 PM »
I.....I don't quite get the "Joe-say" thing, but dize obviously your issue.   To say I "revere" Jose, there might be some truth to that, but clearly by your whole rant, you have no clue why I do, and clearly you, like so many other people, does get tie up wit the whole Jose ting.  Let me make it very clear, eh, I was a Chelsea fan long before Jose arrived at Stamford Bridge and I became a fan of his right before he came to Chelsea.  You talk about bullying the media, refs and players?  Well who you think is the poster boy for that?  Not fergie?  Jose is the first manager (that I see) that stood up to alex ferguson and beat him at his own game. He came in one playoff with Porto against manu and did what no other manager could do.  That is why I  started to like him, soyou can put away all that other stuff about tactics and what not.  Many a time I have criticised Chelsea's tactics, many a time I have expressed my dislike for some of the things that Jose has said or done, in fact, one time I was questioning his tactics on a thread and somebody called themselves pullin' me up on it.   And I don't shy away from criticising him when he makes crazy accusations against officials.  I wouldn't say he bullies the media.  I think he likes to play with them, he likes the attention he gets, he thinks he is clever (and at times he is) and he uses all that (some say......and his degree in psychology) to "take pressure off his team".   As far as bullying players, are you for real? Even if you want to call the few dust-ups that were aired out in the media, you cannot cmpare him to feruson in that department.  Please!  fergie owns the deed on bullying players and quite frankly, I do not think the refs and the FA were as intimidated by Mourinho as they are of fergie. 

Chow my point is that both Ferguson and Mourinho are similarly distasteful if yuh not backing them. You excusing Mourinho's actions and taking time to find justifications for them and painting them in a positive light at the same time you giving Ferguson a demerit for similar actions. All managers complain about referees' competence and Mourinho complains just as much as Ferguson but even Ferguson never accuse a referee of collusion with an opposing manager. That accusation result in Chelsea fans threatening the ref and his family and the ref decide to resign. Also Ferguson has taken digs at Wenger and Rafa in the past based on legitimate disputes (and has always been complementary of Mourinho) but Mourinho also tackle both those managers plus went after Ranieri in a very low way describing the man as a loser. Add to teh fact that Mourinho does something that Ferguson never does which is interact with opposition fans. I don't see an objective observer looking at that and putting Mourinho on some moral high ground compared to Ferguson.

But JDB, I agree that Jose has done some indefensible things....all for which he has been punished by the rescpetive governing bodies and scalded in the media.   When fergie crosses the line with his criticisms and outlandish comments, he gets free passes.  This is why I don't see it as bullying.  I am not justifying the rediculous things that Jose does.  I just see him as using different methods than "bullying".  Quite frankly, I really see Jose as more of a rebel than a bully and fergie as more of an obnoxious bully than anything else.  Most of their fans try to be the same.  As far as his beefs with other coaches, maybe he has legitimate reasons for beefin' with them, I dunno.  How legit was fergie's beef with Rafa when Rafa was (if I remember correctly and we talkin' about the same thig) simply expressing what most people feel anyway: that fergie bullies the refs and the FA.  Rafa tried playing mind games with fergie and lost.....what coach don't have beef with arsene9?   Also, fergie is not the only coach to speak highly of Jose and as far as Jose interacting with the fans, I have only seen him interacting with his respective team's supporters and it hasn't been negative.

I think that when I made the so-called "comparison" to Barcelona, my use of "God forbid" should let you know that I was being facetious.  No team on the planet can compare to Barca under Pep Guardiola so when you say the comparison is "neither here nor there" then you are the one missing the point.  I am just rubbing it in their noses how bad Barca made them look, I am not comparing fergie to Pep because there is no comparison. Whatever successes manu has recently had against the Juventuses and AC Milans of today don't compare to the successes those teams and other teams have had against manu over the span of manu's dominance in english football and saying that manu was "naive" doh fly with me.  What happened against Dortmund, were they naive then, too?  And against Porto....and Bayern Last year, was that naivetee as well?   As well as when Kaka and AC Milan shreded them to bits a few seasons ago.  Come on. .  You said it yourself. "manu was big in name only" but listening to manu fans, their team and fergie is the best team and manager on the planet.....and has been for generations!  And that is bullshit.  It's safe to say I ignored Giggsy's statement.  She and I have had this same discussion before.  

Here you complain about United fans over-rating the club and your response criticize them for losing games as if 31 of the 32 teams in the CL proper don't lose games. Is only one team winning it every year and over a span where the club win the competition once, make a final a couple semi-finals and win some big games it's not like they getting outclassed every year. You might find that them losses is something to knock United for but the club is actually in a pretty successful spell in Europe. Again, this is by an objective measure by the standard you setting the club's record is a sign of a shit side.

Again, yuh takin' my facetiousness in calling manu a "shit side" to a manu fan as a literal evaluation.  I will be the first to admit that manu are arguably the biggest side in England....currently.  Meaning, if you ignore liverpool's history.  But relative to their long span of english dominance, and their curremt spell in Europe, I just still don't see them as being or having been the best club in the world during that time.  statistically or aesthetically, contrary to the boistrous opinions of their marauding and obnoxious fans.  That is just a matter of taste, to me and not bias, because in spite of whatever recent successes Chelsea has had (and I know it doesn't compare) I am not inclined to give my side more credit than they are due, either.

Anyway my original point is that it okay to not like a side and a manager, especially if he at a club for 24+ years and is identified with the club's success, but yuh have to recognize that the comparison yuh drawing between Mourinho and Ferguson, as far as class and football philosophy goes, might be influenced by your perspective as a Mourinho fan and a non-fan of Ferguson.

Nah, JDB, I think you're really overestimating my "bias" here.  I can appreciate the things that Jose has done for Chelsea as a coach while rejecting some of his behaviour.  I am not defending him blindly here.  In fact, I don't even think he should have won that "Coach of The Year" award from fifa, but that is for another discussion.  My bottom lines are that (1) manu and fergie gets away with more than their fair share of alot of shit and (2) they are not as great a team as their fans paint them to be.  That is not to be mistaken for elevating Chelsea or Jose to any higher comparative ground on anything, from morals to aesthetics to tactics.  I don't like Chelsea and/or/because I think they are the best team in Europe.  I like chelsea because I like them.   We could win the next three CL's in a row and I still wouldn't give them more credit that they are due. 

giggsy11

« Reply #2152 on: January 12, 2011, 09:30:45 PM »

But JDB, I agree that Jose has done some indefensible things....all for which he has been punished by the rescpetive governing bodies and scalded in the media.   When fergie crosses the line with his criticisms and outlandish comments, he gets free passes.  This is why I don't see it as bullying.  I am not justifying the rediculous things that Jose does.  I just see him as using different methods than "bullying".  Quite frankly, I really see Jose as more of a rebel than a bully and fergie as more of an obnoxious bully than anything else.  Most of their fans try to be the same.  As far as his beefs with other coaches, maybe he has legitimate reasons for beefin' with them, I dunno.  How legit was fergie's beef with Rafa when Rafa was (if I remember correctly and we talkin' about the same thig) simply expressing what most people feel anyway: that fergie bullies the refs and the FA.  Rafa tried playing mind games with fergie and lost.....what coach don't have beef with arsene9?   Also, fergie is not the only coach to speak highly of Jose and as far as Jose interacting with the fans, I have only seen him interacting with his respective team's supporters and it hasn't been negative.

Again, yuh takin' my facetiousness in calling manu a "shit side" to a manu fan as a literal evaluation.  I will be the first to admit that manu are arguably the biggest side in England....currently.  Meaning, if you ignore liverpool's history.  But relative to their long span of english dominance, and their curremt spell in Europe, I just still don't see them as being or having been the best club in the world during that time.  statistically or aesthetically, contrary to the boistrous opinions of their marauding and obnoxious fans.  That is just a matter of taste, to me and not bias, because in spite of whatever recent successes Chelsea has had (and I know it doesn't compare) I am not inclined to give my side more credit than they are due, either.

Nah, JDB, I think you're really overestimating my "bias" here.  I can appreciate the things that Jose has done for Chelsea as a coach while rejecting some of his behaviour.  I am not defending him blindly here.  In fact, I don't even think he should have won that "Coach of The Year" award from fifa, but that is for another discussion.  My bottom lines are that (1) manu and fergie gets away with more than their fair share of alot of shit and (2) they are not as great a team as their fans paint them to be.  That is not to be mistaken for elevating Chelsea or Jose to any higher comparative ground on anything, from morals to aesthetics to tactics.  I don't like Chelsea and/or/because I think they are the best team in Europe.  I like chelsea because I like them.   We could win the next three CL's in a row and I still wouldn't give them more credit that they are due. 
Wait were you not the same person who was crowing and calling/refering to Chelsea as a 'big side' because at the beginning of the season they were hitting side 6 and 7 and comparing that accomplishment with United's ability? So you want to say you are not bias but you sure as hell is fixated with United and your dislike for anything associated with United.Always comparing and quick to use United as an example. Like Arsene says everybody thinks their wife is the prettiest, because you say you don't overrate your team you have Chelsea fans who do. It happens, but you seem to get all worked up when it pertains to anything United. Want to see how many times before the season ends you will once again bring up Ferdinand and Evans and Vidic and all you think they have gotten away with. Take the needle off the record already!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: January 12, 2011, 09:32:53 PM »
Just now I coming and quote de whole internet.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: January 13, 2011, 04:03:38 AM »
Wait were you not the same person who was crowing and calling/refering to Chelsea as a 'big side' because at the beginning of the season they were hitting side 6 and 7 and comparing that accomplishment with United's ability? So you want to say you are not bias but you sure as hell is fixated with United and your dislike for anything associated with United.Always comparing and quick to use United as an example. Like Arsene says everybody thinks their wife is the prettiest, because you say you don't overrate your team you have Chelsea fans who do. It happens, but you seem to get all worked up when it pertains to anything United. Want to see how many times before the season ends you will once again bring up Ferdinand and Evans and Vidic and all you think they have gotten away with. Take the needle off the record already!

I seem to recall me giving credit to an easy early schedule and declaring that we would be unstoppable
to win the title if we continued on that current form and took care of tougher opposition. I guess that would be
considered crowing coming from a manu fan but I would call it truth. Now, if along your travels you have come acros
some boorish, obnoxious, rude, unmannerly and sickeningly biased Chelsea fans, well, while I cannot speak for them
I can only suggest that do so may not like so and turnabout is fair play.  Have I compared my team to your team's abilities?
SURE I have and the comparisons in class are well justified, current form notwithstanding. Chelsea have had great players on
the roster for years even if we have underachieved.  Now, as far as my alleged "fixation" with your team, it's no secret that
I absolutely hate your team.  I probably have unborn descendants that already know I hate your team.  But......I
would be careful about throwing around accusations of a a fixation since I don't hate your team any more than you hate mine and, at the end of the day
(and maybe in the beginning, too) you can tell me more about how much Abramovic has spent on my team (and how much mancity's
owners have spent on theirs) than I can tell you how much the glazers have spent on yours.
 As far as the whole sentiment of manu getting more than their share of perceived bias from the officials and the FA, well, Giggsy,
that is a sentiment shared by many.  "Everybody" feels that the top 4/5 teams gets away with a lot of calls and "everybody" feels
that your team gets some plenty extra. I gave you one or two specific examples of some nasty fouls that should have been impossible to miss by
even the blindest of officials, followed by no after-action by the FA and I asked you to compare them to anything similar that my team (or any other,
for that matter) has GOTTEN AWAY WITH and I know you can't. I even gave you a head start.......and you haven't  So I will keep the needle on the record
until you do...and I might even mix it in with some more future bad calls/officials' bias in the future. 

Just now I coming and quote de whole internet.

Wouldn't be anything new.  Just another repeat performance.

giggsy11

« Reply #2156 on: January 14, 2011, 08:36:27 PM »
I absolutely love this guy! He just looks like he was born to play football; the natural!

Home U.K. Home News  Ryan Giggs at 600! Manchester United's legendary star... by the men (and woman) who know him the best
By Ian Ladyman
Last updated at 1:33 AM on 15th January 2011
Comments (0) Add to My Stories Ryan Giggs will reach 600 league appearances for Manchester United if he plays at White Hart Lane on Sunday.
It is now more than 20 years since he signed a professional deal at Old Trafford and he has already played more games for the club than any other player, although he lies seven behind Sir Bobby Charlton in league appearances.
Ian Ladyman asks the people who know him best to pay tribute to the 37-year-old — and offer special insight into his remarkable career.

ERIC HARRISON
Manchester United youth coach
When Ryan was a teenager he was so quick and graceful. He was like a ballet dancer. He should have been on Dancing on Ice. I had never seen a young player like that and I had seen the Busby Babes. He took my breath away.
I used to kid myself that I didn’t want him to move to the first team but I was desperate for him to go really. I wanted him to show 60,000 people what he could do. The reason that Ryan has endured the
way he has is largely because of one thing: intelligence. Ryan is a deeply bright young man. He has
transformed that intelligence to the field and that has been the making of him in recent times.
As a younger player he used to get the ball and have two options in his head. He would either want to beat three men and cross the ball or beat three men and score. These days he has adapted and now his brain works quicker than his feet. He has learned to play more with his head up and is as astute a footballer as you will ever find. I watch him sometimes and my mouth still falls open.

BRYAN ROBSON
Former Manchester United captain
The first time I saw Giggsy he was playing for Salford Boys against United’s apprentices. He was thin and wiry but he just glided past four of our apprentices as if they weren’t even there, then he put the ball in the back of the net. I just thought: ‘This kid’s an absolute natural.’
The gaffer was watching from the office window and signed him up not long after that. He’s a great ambassador for the club and the game but he’s had his moments with the boss!
He once asked me if he should ask the gaffer for a car, soon after he’d made his debut. He went in to see him and we could hear the roar all the way down the corridor. The boss threw him out of the office and told him tocome back when he was a proper player.
It was great for the senior pros to have Giggsy around, though. When he came out after training all the girls would mob him and Lee Sharpe, and we could nip out the back door without anyone bothering us.

SIR ALEX FERGUSON
Manchester United manager
 First sighting: Giggs makes his United debut against Everton back in 1991
He is just an incredible human being and he defies logic. There is no other player who has done what he’s done or is ever likely to do it. He is an amazing man.
There is only one accolade that is yet to materialise for Ryan. How I would love to adorn my team sheet with the words ‘Sir Ryan Giggs’. And why not? After making 800 appearances for Manchester United, many of them in extremely high-pressure situations, doesn’t Ryan deserve it? Unquestionably he does, as much as any other sporting figure we have known in these islands.
If it happens, there’s no doubt his team-mates will take the mickey mercilessly, but behind the banter lies gigantic respect. When we won the Champions League in Moscow and Ryan broke Sir Bobby Charlton’s club appearance record, the players made a presentation to him and almost raised the roof as they sang: ‘That boy Giggsy — he’s won the league 10 times’.
He’s like a god in that dressing room, yet he has never stopped being accessible. He is always ready to help the young players with a word of advice. The first time I saw Ryan in a trial at The Cliff my jaw dropped. I was sure from that moment he would make the grade. Pretty soon I was going to see his parents a couple of times a week to impress on the boy to come to United instead of Manchester City.
We were such persistent visitors that in the end we were expected. I’ll always remember his mother
asking: ‘Now, shall we be seeing you again on Thursday?’
We threw him into a practice match against first-team players when he was only 14. He was up against Viv Anderson and he left him flailing. ‘Who the ******* hell is that?’ gasped Viv as he panted along in Ryan’s wa

LYNNE JOHNSON
Mother

When Sir Alex used to come to our house it was very daunting. He was just this famous man off the TV and there he was sitting on the settee drinking a cup of tea.
Ryan had been at City, of course, so I did go to them and say: ‘You have given him a chance but now
United have come along and offered him schoolboy forms.’ I said: ‘Can you offer him schoolboy forms?’ and they said no. That was a big mistake!
When I look at his international career, it’s strange that all the time England were crying out for a left winger. There were times when I wish we’d had the English family connections because it’s sad that he has never played at the World Cup finals. I think that with Ryan playing, England could have won the World Cup.
That famous night when Ryan was caught at a party at Lee Sharpe’s house, Mr Ferguson turned up because I told him. He was driving to a dinner in Preston at the time. He came back, called at Lee’s
house and we know what happened next.

JEREMY SPRIGG
UNICEF
Ryan has been involved with UNICEF since 1999 and showed such a commitment that in 2006 we made him an ambassador, following people like Roger Moore and Robbie Williams.
Last year he joined us for a trip to Sierra Leone for four days. This was not something he had to do. It was at some points harrowing, demanding and emotional for him but he wanted to do it. Ryan sat and talked to young men and women with AIDS. He would listen to people telling him that they had the virus when in some cases they hadn’t even told their own families.
On our long journeys back to the hotel, it was clear how the days had affected him. The thing about Ryan is that he is interested in people. He tells them the right things. He is intelligent and mature and incredibly important to us.

KEVIN RATCLIFFE
Former Wales and Everton captain
When Ryan first came into the Wales squad, he presented us with a problem straight away because he was too young to come out with us at night. He was only 17 and there was no way we were going to be able to smuggle him into a pub in Cardiff and hide him in the corner. He was far too famous for that, even then.
Ryan was the first footballer I ever saw turn up to games and training camps with his own Nintendo game. These days all the players have them but he was the first, which was a sign he was a bit of a
superstar.
I was actually playing for Everton when he made his United debut in 1991 and I was playing my last game for Wales when he scored his first international goal against Belgium in 1993. Afterwards I was pulled over for a TV interview and said: ‘At least I can tell my kids I played with Ryan Giggs.’ I wasn’t being flippant, either. It was obvious even then that this kid was going to be a big deal.
In training I used to hide to make sure I didn’t get matched up with him in the sprints. I had been quick but was on my way out. He has been a superb ambassador for the game in my home country. He
played with inferior players for many years and never complained.
Will he come back as manager? It’s early to say but he would be the people’s choice.

Part of the Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday & Metro Media Group
 © Associated Newspapers Ltd Contact us Terms Privacy policy Advertise with us     

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1347382/Manchester-United-legend-Ryan-Giggs-600--people-know-best.html#ixzz1B4By2TbL
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 09:03:56 AM by giggsy11 »

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: January 15, 2011, 07:16:06 AM »
Giggsy11, thanks very much for this. Not a player in the league fit to lace his boots.
It's nice to read on a United thread, things about United instead of mindless vitriol.

Arise, Sir Ryan...
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

giggsy11

« Reply #2158 on: January 15, 2011, 09:50:45 AM »
Giggsy11, thanks very much for this. Not a player in the league fit to lace his boots.
It's nice to read on a United thread, things about United instead of mindless vitriol.

Arise, Sir Ryan...

Agreed! I was fortunate to see the visit to Sierra Lione on MUTV it was nice to see him interacting outside of a football setting. Seems like a real cool grounded brother!
 :beermug:

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: January 16, 2011, 11:36:47 AM »
We getting outplayed but I feel we will hit them on a counter.

1]; } ?>