April 28, 2024, 12:04:23 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 921433 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #3330 on: August 15, 2011, 04:51:20 PM »
Young, Nani, Valencia, Anderson - rel fire power  :whip:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: August 16, 2011, 08:28:52 AM »
I could see Nani bussin it after this season if Rooney continue to favor he buddy Young on the left, everytime United attacking. It seems like the only way Nani getting a chance is if he move in the middle to get a pass. No need for Young to just come into this side and they keep feeding him the ball and ignoring Nani. Which is why I don't blame Nani when he get the ball to hog the shite!

True talk, I was watching de game and clean forget Nani playing until he went on one ah he wild man forays....
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: August 21, 2011, 08:49:19 PM »
Reading some news , UTD making a late move on sneijder , i hear he miss training for "personal reasons" today

Fergie to make final bid to bring Sneijder to United as midfielder has Inter time-out

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2028371/Manchester-United-final-bid-Wesley-Sneijder.html#ixzz1Vj6JBOLd
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 08:51:16 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: August 22, 2011, 02:48:38 PM »
Spurs getting a real ass kicking. ManU flying
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: August 22, 2011, 02:51:34 PM »

Friedel doh deserve this shit team he saddled with.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: August 22, 2011, 02:58:29 PM »
Lord this UTD team is tempo. Only Youth and Pace. Amazing to look at.
Youtube Channel

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: August 22, 2011, 03:03:02 PM »

Friedel doh deserve this shit team he saddled with.

If it wasn't for he today dey woulda collect a cool 5-6 easy.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: August 22, 2011, 03:10:34 PM »
Lord this UTD team is tempo. Only Youth and Pace. Amazing to look at.

Young run Bale ragged on dat wing today.
Wellbeck and Smalling confidence growing stronger with each game.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: August 22, 2011, 04:44:24 PM »
much better second half... Welbeck was very poor in the 1st half but he said Fergie gave him some "wise words" at HT and to be fair to the kid he did very well with his goal and a great assist

Very fast short passing game from United today with alot of energy throughout the team

What a player Phil Jones is.. what a beast

Exciting times... still think we are a bit short in the central mid area... could have had Lass and Nasri in for 30-35 million combined .. would have been ideal

Modric would have been the best fit but he wants to stay in London.. If Chelsea get him and Nasri goes City , it will be a bit worrying that we didnt improve our squad with a creative god in midfield

Come on Fergie

giggsy11

« Reply #3339 on: August 23, 2011, 07:06:56 AM »
Anderson, has been impressive in how been winning the ball and just attacking defences with his driving forays. Making good raking passes,still working on getting the angle right for the more delcate ones.  He also has been lasting the 90minutes; fingers cross he stays healthy and consistent.

Team looking good; what I like is that these young players seem to have good football sense. Also Fergie will do a good job of inserting the 'ole' men to give them rest or when he needs to refreshen things up.

De Gea excellent distribution with feet and hands. Hope Van Der Sar works with him in the other areas that have been weaknesses.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: August 23, 2011, 07:29:33 AM »
I does wonder if we does be watching the same game. Spurs play rel ball, much more ball than Man United. The only difference was the goals (which is all that matters in the end).

DeGea is suspect and so is Cleverly, he gave the ball away to much. Between him and Park can't see why he's ahead of Park (well actually I can). Park can do everything he is TRYING to do.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: August 23, 2011, 07:37:04 AM »
I does wonder if we does be watching the same game. Spurs play rel ball, much more ball than Man United. The only difference was the goals (which is all that matters in the end).

DeGea is suspect and so is Cleverly, he gave the ball away to much. Between him and Park can't see why he's ahead of Park (well actually I can). Park can do everything he is TRYING to do.

Nah man... Spurs never threaten.  They had one nice opportunity to level the score at 1 when Lennon get past Evra to the endline with Vandervaart wide open just inside de box.  Dotish boy Lennon instead try tuh cross and it get block... den idiot boy try tuh trap de rebound off he chest... not realizing he was standing out ah bounds by dat time.  De brain fart about not slipping to Vandervaart aside... he coulda let de ball go out fuh ah corner.  Vandervaart was livid.

Other than that Friedel kept the scoreline respectable.  I also thought Cleverly had a nice game... he forced Friedel into a highlight save very early on.  Young fella looking nice... two games in.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: August 23, 2011, 09:12:26 AM »

I didn't see the game (only highlights) but Fergie's comments after the game suggest that it was even in the 1st half, but Man U was too much to handle in the 2nd.

It hard tuh claim that yuh ball equally with your opponent when they beat you 3-0.  1-0 or maybe even 2-0 but not 3-0...that's a sound beating.... 

Even if the scoreline "flatters" some aspects of the game...even if yuh soak up pressure and only scored on the counter.... 3 unanswered goals is enough separation to claim superiority without dispute. 
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 09:18:27 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #3343 on: August 23, 2011, 12:51:17 PM »

I didn't see the game (only highlights) but Fergie's comments after the game suggest that it was even in the 1st half, but Man U was too much to handle in the 2nd.

It hard tuh claim that yuh ball equally with your opponent when they beat you 3-0.  1-0 or maybe even 2-0 but not 3-0...that's a sound beating.... 

Even if the scoreline "flatters" some aspects of the game...even if yuh soak up pressure and only scored on the counter.... 3 unanswered goals is enough separation to claim superiority without dispute. 

Elan is kicks, one of the least objective men on here.

I listen to the game and watch the highlights. Scoring is part of the game and even if you want to claim that the balance of play was even, or close, the difference in front of goal was stark. Tottenham's attackers were no where close to United's in terms of effectiveness. And on defence, by all reports, Dawson and Kaboul couldn't touch Jones (Evans was shaky).

As for Cleverly I just check the chalkboard of his passes yesterday. 30 complete passes to 4 incomplete. Three of the incomplete were on the edge of the box the 4th was probably a throughball. He didn't give the ball away once in the middle of the park.

<a href="http://www.guardianchalkboards.com/guardianchalkboards_embed.swf?chalkBoardID=1bf3U26D9Z210W68F9b7" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.guardianchalkboards.com/guardianchalkboards_embed.swf?chalkBoardID=1bf3U26D9Z210W68F9b7</a>

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #3344 on: August 26, 2011, 05:53:37 AM »
Finally watched the game and although Spurs were alright in midfield and the game was relatively even up until about 10 minutes into thE second half. United beat them bad with individual performances.

Smalling negate Bale completely in the first half. He stand up right on him high up the pitch and give him no space. Very intelligent perfomance. Second half Redknapp moved him inside.

Jones was everywhere showed real anticipation and got to everything. Defoe and VDV ere quiet as a result. Dawson and Kaboul couldn't do the same on the next end.

Anderson and Cleverley were great. They hold the midfield and take turns going forward, show real intelligence and makes United harder to defend against than when Carrick plays because Carrick is much less dynamic. On the flip side Carrick naturally picks up a deeper more static defensive position. Anderson was a MoM contender even without the goal. Play slightly deeper than Cleverley but he have the skills to bring the ball form deep and drive forward from deep and put teams on the back foot.

Welbeck starting to show confidence. Finally starting to see why he was sucha  demon at youth level. He clearly suffering some nerves now but in the 2nd half after the goal he start to shine. The back-heel assist and a nice beat and drive into the Spurs half, he hit Krancjar late on. And he running tirelessly, both him and Rooney were all over the pitch.

Young and Nani were both pressure. Both had chances to score. I agree that Rooney is favouring Young and gets frustrated with Nani too easily. And there is little competition developing between the two for corners and free-kicks.

All in all this was a great performance. Team still ent beating Barcelona and the passing still slow compared to what you see with barcelona but there is a fluency that was not there last year. The entire midfield and front line interchanges well so Nani is in the centre while Cleverley and Young end up on the right and Welbeck on the left. Makes teh team much harder to play against.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 05:58:59 AM by JDB »

giggsy11

« Reply #3345 on: August 27, 2011, 09:45:58 AM »

Sir Alex Ferguson's ability to play the generation game is vital to Manchester United's phenomenal success
On Monday, a Manchester United side brimming with young talent sent an emphatic message to the Premier League by crushing Tottenham. For the fifth time in his 25-year reign at Old Trafford, Sir Alex Ferguson has produced a new team fit to dominate English football.

Telegraph
By Mark Ogden
10:32PM BST 26 Aug 2011
 12 Comments

Here, we reveal the secrets behind Ferguson’s unparalleled ability to regenerate his squad, a special talent which has brought him more trophies than any manager in English football history and leaves him, at 69, looking more powerful than ever.

MILAN MODEL
When Brian McClair was asked about his role at Manchester United alongside emerging youngsters by the name of Beckham, Butt, Scholes and Neville in the autumn of 1995, the then 32-year-old midfielder replied by saying, “I’m just their babysitter.”
McClair, now the director of United’s academy, was only half-joking.
While the fatal flaw in Arsène Wenger’s youth policy at Arsenal appears to have been his readiness to discard seasoned performers once they enter their thirties, leaving the youngsters exposed to the demands of top-level football, United manager Sir Alex Ferguson retains and cajoles his veterans.

From Bryan Robson to Denis Irwin, Laurent Blanc to Ryan Giggs, the United manager has always regarded his senior servants as torch-carriers for the next generation.
Ferguson repeatedly refers to his three-tiered squad – the emerging youngsters, those in their mid-20s and the time-served thirtysomethings – as though it is United’s magic formula, yet simple as it sounds, few Premier League rivals have copied the blueprint, with some clubs top-heavy in one area or understaffed in others.
“I always feel that older players can accept a challenge, maybe once, maybe twice at the most,” Ferguson said. “But you need a mix of energy in the team to go the full distance to win a league.”

At 37, Ryan Giggs has yet to start a game this season, with the energy of Tom Cleverley and newly-arrived enthusiasm of Ashley Young restricting him to the bench, yet if United hit turbulence at Wigan, Stoke or Blackburn, Giggs knows his role.
“I’m experienced enough to know I’m not going to start every game or even play every game,” Giggs said. “But I can contribute to the team, whether it be starting or coming on and using my experience in games.”

Ferguson’s decision to hand Michael Owen a one-year contract at the end of last season points towards his determination to harvest experience and surround his young players with a seen it-done it mentality.
Owen started just one Premier League game last season, but Ferguson’s admiration of AC Milan’s loyalty to the likes of Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta and Clarence Seedorf, and the Italian club’s ability to benefit from carefully-handled experience, has convinced him of the value of blending the likes of Giggs and Owen with the youngsters.

The presence of trophy-winning experience, in Ferguson’s mind, enables self-policing within the dressing room and a natural, but evolving, hierarchy which enables personalities to develop and leaders to emerge.
“A lot of the older players are not there now so you have a young element in the dressing room who are starting to take control of the place.” Ferguson said. “It is interesting.”

MAKE STARS, DON’T BUY THEM
What distinction do Dimitar Berbatov, Teddy Sheringham and Henning Berg share at Manchester United?
Since Eric Cantona’s retirement in 1997, they remain the only outfield players aged 27 or older to have been purchased by Sir Alex Ferguson in 15 years.

Rather than highlighting a quirk of United’s buying policy, that statistic points directly to Ferguson’s philosophy that creating stars, as opposed to importing them ready-made, for substantial fees, is a crucial foundation stone in creating successful teams.
Some might suggest it offers nothing more than proof of the parsimonious nature of United’s owners, the

Glazer family, or the dividend-conscious attitude of the old plc board, yet over the same 15-year period, the club have broken the British transfer record for a 23-year-old Rio Ferdinand, made Wayne Rooney the world’s most expensive teenager and, this summer, invested £16.5 million on 19-year-old Phil Jones.
When David Beckham left Old Trafford for Real Madrid in 2003, rather than meet Ronaldinho’s astronomical wage demands, United instead paid £12 million for an unknown 17 year-old by the name of Cristiano Ronaldo.
Whether it is nurturing home-grown talent such as Beckham, Paul Scholes and Giggs or trawling for the best young players across the globe, potential is the keyword for Ferguson – players who can be moulded to suit United’s demands, those with unsated ambition and a desire to progress.

“We compete in the present, but at the same time, build for the future.” Ferguson said. “I think that is one of the factors that has seen us stay successful for such a long time. On our summer tour of America, we had 14 players aged 22 and under.”

Lee Sharpe, just 17 when he moved to United from Torquay in 1988, was the first signpost of Ferguson’s youth-driven ethos and he recognised the manager’s paternalistic approach to his youngsters.
“When I travelled up from Torquay, I thought United might send a taxi for me or a minor member of the coaching staff,” Sharpe said.
“But when the train pulled into Manchester, I hopped off and there he was, in the forecourt of Piccadilly Station, Alex Ferguson himself.”
Similarly, when Ferguson fought Liverpool for Jones’s signature this summer, a phone call to the player’s mother, Helen, helped clinch the deal.

BE RUTHLESS
The history of Ferguson’s 25-year reign as United manager is littered with victims of his ruthless pursuit of glory.
Jim Leighton, a Ferguson loyalist lured south from Aberdeen, was dropped for an FA Cup final replay, Roy Keane shown the door after being deemed too combustible and the prolific Ruud van Nistelrooy dispensed with after a training-ground row with Ronaldo.
Van Nistelrooy, who claimed earlier this year to have repaired his relationship with the Scot, said: “Two or three times every year I would think to myself what a shame it was that it had ended like it did with Ferguson.”

From the outset at United, when he wasted little time in selling crowd favourites Paul McGrath and Norman Whiteside, and sacking chief scout Tony Collins for failing to spot the potential of John Barnes, Ferguson has swiftly rooted out those he deems unfit for purpose.
“Some people can never make a decision,” Ferguson said. “But having the ability to make a quick decision, is a positive aspect of management.”

Recent months have seen Ferguson’s ruthlessness return. Berbatov, United’s record signing, was left out of the 18-man squad for last May’s Champions League final against Barcelona, while John O’Shea, expecting a new contract at Old Trafford, was sold to Sunderland.
Ferguson said: “When players grow old, their performance level drops, but we have to maintain a level of success at the top end of the game, at all the time.
“We can’t afford bad years or breaking-in years, we need to be successful all the time. Sometimes, when a player grows old, you have to recognise it and they have to move on.”

Ferguson hasn’t always been right, when allowing players to leave Old Trafford.
The Scot has conceded that his decision to sell Jaap Stam to Lazio following the publication of the Dutch defender’s controversial autobiography in 2001 was a mistake.
“It is good that a man like Ferguson dares to admit that he makes mistakes,” Stam said. “It doesn’t surprise me, though. I always knew for myself that United made an error by selling me.”

COMPLETE CONTROL
There are few areas of Manchester United not directly controlled by Ferguson.
In the past, the Scot has ordered a change of kit at half-time in a Premier League game – remember those grey shirts at Southampton? – and introduced white socks, rather than black, for his players on European nights to make team-mates more visible.

Yet micromanagement in those areas is mirrored by delegation in others. His coaches are left to train, the dietitians free to utilise their expertise and innovations, such as the use of optometrists, players adopting yoga and GPS monitoring in training, are welcomed by a man now in his 37th year as a manager.
It might not all be as hands-on as when he submitted the catering order for the food stalls while managing St Mirren, but Ferguson’s level of control marks him out among his Premier League peers. Even chief executive David Gill leaves his Old Trafford office for his Friday meetings with Ferguson at Carrington.

Roberto Mancini might work for the richest club in the world, but the Manchester City manager envies Ferguson‘s iron grip at United.
“It’s important for the manager to have control over the players, medical staff and other situations,” Mancini said. “I agree with Ferguson, but he has been at United for a long time so, for him, it is easy. For me, it’s difficult.”

Mancini’s call for greater control at City highlights the recurring fault-line that has seen Ferguson edge out many of his managerial rivals during his time at Old Trafford.
Kevin Keegan, Jose Mourinho and Carlo Ancelotti have all traded blows with Ferguson in the Premier League, but their challenge fizzled out once the men upstairs began to stray too close to the manager’s territory.
Ferguson, described by Alex McLeish as the “Godfather of the football world”. has admitted that the 1990 FA Cup success, his first trophy at United, provided the control he required to push through his agenda at the club.

Six years after the Glazer takeover at Old Trafford, Ferguson remains as powerful as ever before, if not more so, with the American owners sometimes appearing star-struck in their manager’s presence.
When Rooney went public with his demand for a transfer last October, Ferguson took control of keeping the England forward in the knowledge that, regardless of the money his transfer fee would have generated, the Glazers had left him with the ultimate decision.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: August 28, 2011, 10:03:01 AM »
De Gea is 10lb of shit packed into a 2lb paper bag.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: August 28, 2011, 10:09:20 AM »
That Man U team clicking ... big time!!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: August 28, 2011, 10:17:25 AM »
Frighteningly good team. Physical, technical, tactical variation and solid defensively.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: August 28, 2011, 10:26:02 AM »
Yorke name still calling oui
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: August 28, 2011, 10:33:03 AM »
Ah tell alyuh is only Big guns on this team. Amazing to watch at.
Youtube Channel

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: August 28, 2011, 10:55:59 AM »

The real test is the noisey neighbors
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

giggsy11

« Reply #3352 on: August 28, 2011, 11:02:50 AM »

The real test is the noisey neighbors

It will be a test for them, not us! This thing is new for dem; we have been there, done that, own the trophies!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 11:10:17 AM by Giggsy11 »

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: August 28, 2011, 11:08:20 AM »
8-2 :cheers: :party: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #3354 on: August 28, 2011, 11:15:00 AM »
Remember saying that Young could blossom like Yorke did. Very talented player and now he have time, space and better players to connect with.

giggsy11

« Reply #3355 on: August 28, 2011, 11:15:23 AM »
First!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: August 28, 2011, 11:31:16 AM »
haha I love how we had to upstage City

They must have been like "haha United have to win by 6 goals to go top "

Well we f**king answered

GLORY GLORY

We literally 8 Arsenal for Lunch.. yummy

giggsy11

« Reply #3357 on: August 28, 2011, 11:59:39 AM »
Johhny Evans is the weak link-maybe we can send him tuh help out Arsenal. He is this year's version of Gibson!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: August 28, 2011, 02:31:05 PM »
this season will be massive.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: August 28, 2011, 02:51:53 PM »
Johhny Evans is the weak link-maybe we can send him tuh help out Arsenal. He is this year's version of Gibson!
I have always said he and Gibson could leave, I would of rather kept O'Shea

1]; } ?>