April 27, 2024, 11:31:47 PM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 921425 times)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #3780 on: January 09, 2012, 11:27:45 AM »
So let me get this straight, Kompany was suppose to take out Nani with the break foot tackle in order to get a red card? I have to disagree, that was a shit tackle, regardless if he got the ball or not, Nani did well to hurdle over the tackle, so it did not look as bad, but what if he did connect with both ball and the man's ankle? The ref made that decision based on the rules of the game when it comes to tackling, I saw no favoritism there.

Surprise surprise lol
Did I say something wrong? I'm not trying to start an argument, I asked a logical question. I understand alot of you don't like Man.United, but for all of you to defend that tackle is just ridiculous. I saw Evans make a tackle like that some time back, and I cursed that ass, he even got a red card for it. So I'm not siding with Man.United cause I support them, I'm doing it because it was not a proper tackle and it deserved either a yellow or red card, in this case, the ref gave a red, which it suppose to be, cause it was a dangerous tackle.

Have nothing to do with dislike.  Would you red card a keeper or call a foul if he lunges with a sliding tackle right above the 18 at the ball and a player evades what could have been a very disasterous foul?  And it cant deserve either, is one or the other.  What kinda stupid shit is that?

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: January 09, 2012, 11:37:03 AM »
So let me get this straight, Kompany was suppose to take out Nani with the break foot tackle in order to get a red card? I have to disagree, that was a shit tackle, regardless if he got the ball or not, Nani did well to hurdle over the tackle, so it did not look as bad, but what if he did connect with both ball and the man's ankle? The ref made that decision based on the rules of the game when it comes to tackling, I saw no favoritism there.

Surprise surprise lol
Did I say something wrong? I'm not trying to start an argument, I asked a logical question. I understand alot of you don't like Man.United, but for all of you to defend that tackle is just ridiculous. I saw Evans make a tackle like that some time back, and I cursed that ass, he even got a red card for it. So I'm not siding with Man.United cause I support them, I'm doing it because it was not a proper tackle and it deserved either a yellow or red card, in this case, the ref gave a red, which it suppose to be, cause it was a dangerous tackle.

Have nothing to do with dislike.  Would you red card a keeper or call a foul if he lunges with a sliding tackle right above the 18 at the ball and a player evades what could have been a very disasterous foul?  And it cant deserve either, is one or the other.  What kinda stupid shit is that?
In all honesty, if it was a both feet, studs up tackle...Yes i would call a foul, it's still a dangerous tackle, even if he got all ball, the point is, it would have been a dangerous tackle. Like I said, it would be atleast a yellow or red card. The ref would be in the right to produce which ever card he felt in this situation. A red card because of the rules...A yellow if he thought it was not as bad as it looked. just my opinion. As for Chris Foy's decision yesterday, I agree with it.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: January 09, 2012, 11:56:01 AM »
Man United, Paying Refs since 1878.

:applause: :applause: 

How de arse dat was a cardable offence far less a red one I eh know..... ::) ::) 

If Nani hadn't hurdled the tackle he would have taken his legs out along with getting the ball plus his tackle was two foot tackle which the refs are suppose to call. Drogba and Torres got sent off for the same type of two foot tackles. Players need tuh adjust and not give the ref the opportunity to make that call. Kompany is also a repeat offender.

I wasn't aware that people supposed to get red cards for what MIGHT have happened IF contact or IF the challenged was not properly timed.

If that was a legitimate red card then make football a non contact sport.

Airman..

As i know the rules to be, a skate tackle foul from behind is outlawed and a two footed tackle foul is outlawed.. My thing is that the tackle wasn't even a foul because he clearly got to the ball first and made no contact with Nani. How can you justify a foul (and a red card) for a challenge where there is no contact with the player and the player doesn't even go to ground but continues playing? Or looking at it another way, if it had happened in the PK box, can you award a penalty for no contact?

And as an aside, regarding the issue of the two footed tackle... Seriously if you think about it, how is a defender supposed to skate tackle straight on without exposing some of the studs of at least one foot? If you look at the replay of Kompany's tackle, he intercepts the ball with the side of his right foot and his trailing left foot (which is not aimed at Nani) is showing studs.

I could understand if you feel that skate tackling head on is dangerous and should be outlawed, i could respect that opinion, but i see central defenders put in those tackles week after week and if the striker dive to ground is a yellow, if they get ketch with the studs or draw blood is a red. Kompany ain't even touch the man, so it wasn't a foul for me.

For me, the tackle was a good old fashioned piece of blade.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: January 09, 2012, 12:01:26 PM »

As much as you try to (appear to?) be impartial... the bolded shows that you letting your support for ManU bias your perspective.  People not necessarily defending the tackle as much as they criticizing the decision to issue a straight red.  You DO realize that it is possible to criticize both the tackle and the response to it... right?  For me this is no different than the Spearing tackle on Fulham's Dembele a month ago.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/igv7vM-Beik" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/igv7vM-Beik</a>

Both at first blush look a lot worse than they actually were.  Pay close attention to Spearing's left foot... which can only be interpreted as the "offending" foot in the challenge.  Like Kompany's it had nothing at all to do with the tackle on the ball.  What is a player supposed to do with his trailing leg when in an instance like this, his momentum takes him into the other player... put it in his back pocket?

Refs can blow the whistle and even show a card for "intent"... but to try and justify that sending off so early in the game is kinda crazy.  Meanwhile, in that same game Giggs had a two-foot scissor tackle from behind on Aguero that didn't come near the ball... and didn't even merit a card, apparently.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 12:03:39 PM by Bakes »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: January 09, 2012, 12:29:47 PM »
Scholes legacy in jeopardy
By Eurosport | Paul Parker – 5 hours ago
January 9, 2012

I was as surprised as anyone else to hear the news that Paul Scholes had come out of retirement and was back in the Manchester United squad for Sunday's FA Cup clash at Manchester City.

There had been reports on the media and talk among journalists about it happening, but I had dismissed it as a side effect of Thierry Henry's return to Arsenal. When a fresh story breaks, the press love to look for signs that something similar will happen elsewhere, and the reports of Scholes's return had the air of hope rather than expectation.

So it was a shock when the confirmation came through little more than an hour before kick-off. I never thought Alex Ferguson would go down that road. It was even more of a surprise to see him get on the pitch for half an hour, even considering United's two-goal lead and one-man advantage at the time.

United scored their three goals in the first half as a result of their high tempo, first on the counter attack and then as a result of Vincent Kompany's red card. When Scholes came on he did what comes naturally, retaining possession and slowing the pace down. As we have seen in their recent defeats to Blackburn and Newcastle, when this current United side plays at a low tempo they struggle.

You could not imagine the biggest clubs in Europe's other major leagues bringing back old stars who are well past their best, so it is quite remarkable that both Arsenal and United would do so. I worry that such moves risk damaging the credibility of the Premier League as a brand.

Scholes's return until the end of the season is bound to polarise opinion. It is certainly great for the player, who has stayed at the club even after retiring and has admitted repeatedly that he misses not being involved with the first team.

But I do wonder if the move is an ideal one for United, or at least if they should have even let it come to this at all. It is a shame that they did not invest in a proper replacement in the summer. Now they have been reduced to using one of the club's all-time greatest players as a stop-gap measure.

United were unlucky to lose Tom Cleverley to injury after he had such a good start to the campaign. But given that Ferguson knew about Darren Fletcher's ongoing health problems, relying on a young midfielder who only made his debut for the club this season risked leaving his squad exposed, and so it has proved.

Some people have said Scholes was already on his way out last season before his announced his retirement, but he still started more than half of United's league games. He was an important player in a very ordinary United side that won the title. The only better way for him to sign off would have been by winning the Champions League final.

When he announced he was quitting, the amount of column inches gushing forth praise for him was incredible, and deservedly so. His status as a talent unique to his generation was assured.

Now, with more credible title challengers in the form of City and Tottenham this season than there were last term, Scholes is putting his legacy in jeopardy. On Sunday, for example, it was his poor pass that led to City's second goal.

I just hope that United do not have to call upon Scholes's services too often between now and the end of the season, and that when they do he is able to at least able to avoid diluting the great memories we all have of him in his glorious prime.

- - -

Something that concerns me even more than United having to recall Scholes is the performance on Sunday of Rio Ferdinand.

Just as against Newcastle in the week, for my money Rio was the worst player on the pitch at the Etihad Stadium. The absence of Nemanja Vidic is being made all the more glaring.

It is not necessarily all his fault: he looks like a player carrying an injury. He is not performing at full tilt at the moment. It is clear that he is trying to play within his limitations in order to not make the situation worse.He is trying to avoid putting in the hard work when he needs to, but that means he is often stretching desperately to get himself out of trouble.

I recognise it in Rio because something similar happened to me in my last couple of seasons as a pro. I was scared of pushing myself too far because I didn't want to sustain an injury that would spell the end of my career, and that showed through in my performances.

I can see where Rio is coming from. With the European Championships coming up in the summer he is doing whatever it takes to avoid picking up an injury which, given his age and record with his fitness, could easily rule him out of the tournament.

However, in doing so he is performing well below his best, and risked losing his place in Fabio Capello's team anyway. It's a terrible situation to be in, and the end of the season feels like a long ay away for him at the moment.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/paul-parker/scholes-legacy-jeopardy-125550078.html

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: January 09, 2012, 12:32:58 PM »
SIGH!! I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I can pull up past clips of similar tackles where players got red carded, but that would just add fuel to the fire, and I'm not up for a debate. I do like the response from dinho and Bakes to a point, but on the other hand I still think the tackle merited a card, which one? well that would be up to the ref, in this case, it was a red. I think the tackle did not look as bad because Nani hurdled it. Man City is going to appeal the decision, If denied, that would mean the FA also saw something wrong with the type of tackle that was made.

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: January 09, 2012, 12:35:39 PM »
I picked this up for youtube....the quality is not that good, but to be honest looking at it from the different angles I have different views

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gA6IQzVDrA

The clip is 35 sec
From 0:01-0:04 (real time), it looked like a great tackle
From 0:06-0:08 it looked good with the right leg...his left leg is blocked so you do not see that follow through
From 0:10 - 0:14 I think is the best view where you see the full effect with the left foot coming in with a lunge and its also the side that the ref was looking from. Only thing I could surmise is that ref saw the lunge and viewed intent, but from that view the tackle looked scary.

I guess you can watch it over and over and debate it. Interesting thing is that Nani did not complain (at least from the clip), it look like Rooney and Welbeck.
well yes

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: January 09, 2012, 01:09:53 PM »
Good tactical move by Fergie starting Chris Foy instead of Howard Webb in the Manchester derby.

Howard Webb says he will fight for his United place despite Chris Foy's stunning 1st half performance yesterday!  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

giggsy11

« Reply #3788 on: January 09, 2012, 06:37:27 PM »
SIGH!! I guess we will have to agree to disagree. I can pull up past clips of similar tackles where players got red carded, but that would just add fuel to the fire, and I'm not up for a debate. I do like the response from dinho and Bakes to a point, but on the other hand I still think the tackle merited a card, which one? well that would be up to the ref, in this case, it was a red. I think the tackle did not look as bad because Nani hurdled it. Man City is going to appeal the decision, If denied, that would mean the FA also saw something wrong with the type of tackle that was made.

You have time yes. Next they will want to argue that United's shirt colour is not red.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: January 09, 2012, 06:49:14 PM »
Good tactical move by Fergie starting Chris Foy instead of Howard Webb in the Manchester derby.

Howard Webb says he will fight for his United place despite Chris Foy's stunning 1st half performance yesterday!  ;D

Big Up!

:violin:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: January 09, 2012, 06:52:37 PM »
I picked this up for youtube....the quality is not that good, but to be honest looking at it from the different angles I have different views

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gA6IQzVDrA

The clip is 35 sec
From 0:01-0:04 (real time), it looked like a great tackle
From 0:06-0:08 it looked good with the right leg...his left leg is blocked so you do not see that follow through
From 0:10 - 0:14 I think is the best view where you see the full effect with the left foot coming in with a lunge and its also the side that the ref was looking from. Only thing I could surmise is that ref saw the lunge and viewed intent, but from that view the tackle looked scary.

I guess you can watch it over and over and debate it. Interesting thing is that Nani did not complain (at least from the clip), it look like Rooney and Welbeck.
This is the first time I saw the tackle and I have to say that by the letter of the law it's clearly a red card offense as he left his feet and went in with both studs up, if he had actually made contact with (that) Nani no one would have questioned the decision.

The fact that there was no contact is irrelevant since the reason of the rule is to eliminate that kind of tackle from the game.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: January 09, 2012, 06:57:45 PM »
If that had made contact, he would of ruined NANI's day right there
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: January 10, 2012, 06:50:38 AM »
Safety first: Why Foy was within rights to show red
By Martin Hardy (The Independent)

Vincent Kompany's contentious sending-off in the Manchester derby on Sunday did not so much spoil the third-round FA Cup tie as define it. From there, in the 13th minute, Manchester United for a period resembled champions, before Manchester City found admirable resilience.

Unsurprisingly, City yesterday appealed against the red card that Chris Foy deemed Kompany's challenge merited. Those in the television studio were largely in agreement with Robert Mancini, who could barely bring himself to discuss the incident in the immediate aftermath of the game, such was his displeasure with it. Only when Sir Alex Ferguson unanimously backed the decision did the technical debate begin. "I think if he catches Nani then he [Nani] has got a problem," said Ferguson. "I've seen him do it before, he maybe got off in the past."

Kompany's tackle did not carry the malice that, say, Karl Henry's did at Wigan last season, when he slid in at full pace with both feet off the ground. His red card was instant, the decision was backed by Mick McCarthy and Henry, then Wolves captain, apologised. For that tackle, there was not even a suggestion of controlled aggression. With Kompany, it did not look like he was attempting to do anything other than win the ball.

However, the legitimacy of such a challenge is still defined by the rule book. Kompany was guilty of serious foul play. It is not enough any more to say simply that he won the ball.

These are the laws set down by Fifa. "Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

If, as Ferguson asserted, Nani had not subtly lifted his leg, then the tone of the argument could have changed dramatically. Nani could have missed the rest of the title run-in. The safety element of the player has become paramount, and that has been a deliberate policy led by the PFA.

It was at Manchester City last season that Nigel de Jong snapped Hatem Ben Arfa's leg in two places with his trailing leg, also in a sliding tackle. To the fury of Newcastle officials, De Jong was not sent off, nor did he suffer through retrospective evidence because Martin Atkinson, the referee on the day, had seen the incident. It would be curious to see what Foy would have made of such a tackle.

Rio Ferdinand and Wayne Rooney would be expected to back the sending-off of Kompany. "By the way, how can there be any debate about the red card yesterday??" tweeted Ferdinand. "You leave the ground with a two-footed tackle= red card, fact."

But Jason Roberts backing the official perhaps offered a centre forward's perspective on this. These are the kind of tackles that, when they go wrong, cause serious, career-threatening injuries. There are three key elements to an instant red card on the grounds of serious foul play. Kompany's challenge, although not apparently motivated by malice and which did see him win the ball, qualifies on each account. The force was excessive, a player's safety was endangered (Nani's) and, as it was a sliding tackle, thus a lunge.

Ultimately, it was not Foy's decision that defined such a crucial game and its outcome; that was down to a tightening of the rule book (led by the association that protects professional footballers) and Kompany's reckless challenge. As was seen in the dismissal of Nenad Milijas against Arsenal and the subsequent failure by Wolves to have the decision overturned, the rule book is tightening.

The huge irony here is that it will be former players who shout the loudest about the diminishing sight of players sliding into each other, yet it is for the safety of those playing the game now that the law is being strengthened and upheld.

The last word: what the rule book says

Law 12 - Fouls and Misconduct

Serious foul play: A player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play.

A tackle that endangers the safety of an opponent must be sanctioned as serious foul play. Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

Advantage should not be applied in situations involving serious foul play unless there is a clear subsequent opportunity to score a goal. The referee must send off the player guilty of serious foul play when the ball is next out of play.

A player who is guilty of serious foul play should be sent off and play is restarted with a direct free-kick from the position where the offence occurred (see Law 13 – Position of free-kick) or a penalty kick (if the offence occurred inside the offender's penalty area).

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: January 10, 2012, 07:03:34 AM »
So imagine this.

I drinking and liming. My blood alcohol level high. But I drive home. I could console myself and make it a habit by saying..."Well I eh hit nobody so is ok...even though according to the law it wrong."

It might seem over the top but I understand what Foy did. High octane derby game....dat kinda wileness start...den he would get flack for losing control. Giggs shoulda get something too..but again....de previous decision weigh on it...just like the first penalty shout and the red card weigh on the second penalty shout.

It easy for us with the benefit of replays and tv and everything else to make a decision after long rational unbiased views to say who was right or wrong. It much harder making a decision like that in front of 60000 people after you running about and expected to see everything.

Me personally...I woulda settle with a yellow. It was early in the game.....it woulda set the tone for the game....it not as critical as a red.....and players seeing any wileness would be clamped on. But everybody different.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: January 10, 2012, 07:42:16 AM »
So imagine this.

I drinking and liming. My blood alcohol level high. But I drive home. I could console myself and make it a habit by saying..."Well I eh hit nobody so is ok...even though according to the law it wrong."

It might seem over the top but I understand what Foy did. High octane derby game....dat kinda wileness start...den he would get flack for losing control. Giggs shoulda get something too..but again....de previous decision weigh on it...just like the first penalty shout and the red card weigh on the second penalty shout.

It easy for us with the benefit of replays and tv and everything else to make a decision after long rational unbiased views to say who was right or wrong. It much harder making a decision like that in front of 60000 people after you running about and expected to see everything.

Me personally...I woulda settle with a yellow. It was early in the game.....it woulda set the tone for the game....it not as critical as a red.....and players seeing any wileness would be clamped on. But everybody different.

The tougher the decision, the more deliberation is called for... particularly given the cost to the penalized team.  But all that said, after reading what the law actually says, I could argue the issue of "excessive force", but Foy call it within the letter of the law.  The problem with such an approach is that there is no consistency from foul to foul, let alone from match to match.  There's no way you can tell me (as you concede) that Giggs didn't earn  himself with that two-footed take down from behind where he didn't even sniff the ball.  Another maddeningly inconsistent call is hand ball... it has to be "deliberate", but refs does be calling all kinda deflection and inadvertent tap as hand ball.  I didn't see the second half (I recorded the game, but after United went up three I ent bother watching de rest), but maybe that's why he didn't punish Jones.

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #3795 on: January 10, 2012, 08:02:17 AM »
So imagine this.

The tougher the decision, the more deliberation is called for... particularly given the cost to the penalized team.  But all that said, after reading what the law actually says, I could argue the issue of "excessive force", but Foy call it within the letter of the law.  The problem with such an approach is that there is no consistency from foul to foul, let alone from match to match.  There's no way you can tell me (as you concede) that Giggs didn't earn  himself with that two-footed take down from behind where he didn't even sniff the ball.  Another maddeningly inconsistent call is hand ball... it has to be "deliberate", but refs does be calling all kinda deflection and inadvertent tap as hand ball.  I didn't see the second half (I recorded the game, but after United went up three I ent bother watching de rest), but maybe that's why he didn't punish Jones.

That is the key point....consistency...fouls and hand balls continue to be the most inconsistent decisions
well yes

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3796 on: January 10, 2012, 08:34:03 AM »
It was not a red card tackle...  :beermug:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3797 on: January 10, 2012, 09:23:34 AM »

Surprise surprise lol

In all honesty, if it was a both feet, studs up tackle...Yes i would call a foul, it's still a dangerous tackle, even if he got all ball, the point is, it would have been a dangerous tackle. Like I said, it would be atleast a yellow or red card. The ref would be in the right to produce which ever card he felt in this situation. A red card because of the rules...A yellow if he thought it was not as bad as it looked. just my opinion. As for Chris Foy's decision yesterday, I agree with it.

So what do you think about Giggs tackle?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: January 10, 2012, 09:24:38 AM »
Beside all this how the FA can have a competition without the FA's team in the finals?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: January 10, 2012, 09:43:49 AM »
Kompany appeal fails.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16492841.stm

This really comes from Wolves player, Lampard and now Kompany.

A Wolves player was sent off for a very similar (even less) of a tackle like Kompany a couple of weeks ago, he appealed and failed to most people's suprise.  Lampard did a worse tackle funnily enough against Wolves, he only gets a yellow, when most people thought under the rules it could / should of very easily been a red. There is and always has been 2 lots of rules for some clubs and others.  The FA having denied the Wolves appeal could never in a month of Sundays let the Man City one through.   The refs do have meetings and they would of all been told that Lampard should of walked, so anybody for the next couple of weeks was always going to be sent off. 

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: January 10, 2012, 09:52:45 AM »

Nothing because the ref eh make nothing of it.  If is one thing I hate is de hypocrisy.  If man go argue it was a correct call then they should also be conceeding that they get away with bullshit as that Giggs tackle was even worse in that he straight kick down Aguero with a "lunging dangerous tackle"

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: January 10, 2012, 10:09:26 AM »

Nothing because the ref eh make nothing of it.  If is one thing I hate is de hypocrisy.  If man go argue it was a correct call then they should also be conceeding that they get away with bullshit as that Giggs tackle was even worse in that he straight kick down Aguero with a "lunging dangerous tackle"

Oh gawd, nah... it wasn't that bad  ;D  But it was a nice two-footed item from behind  which didn't come any where near the ball, yet which was adjudged an "ordinary" foul.  I like Giggs but that tackle was typical of what we see from older players go tackle out of desperation when faced with a younger, quicker, trickier opponent.  Deserving of yellow, in the least... and the fact that it was two-footed and from behind... understandable had a red been shown.

Offline Dansteel - The Iceman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3802 on: January 10, 2012, 10:37:43 AM »

Big Up!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Victoria concordia crescit

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: January 10, 2012, 06:44:41 PM »

Surprise surprise lol

I saw that tackle, and I will not defend it. Giggs know better than that, he was lucky there!

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: January 10, 2012, 06:46:28 PM »
Kompany appeal fails.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16492841.stm

This really comes from Wolves player, Lampard and now Kompany.

A Wolves player was sent off for a very similar (even less) of a tackle like Kompany a couple of weeks ago, he appealed and failed to most people's suprise.  Lampard did a worse tackle funnily enough against Wolves, he only gets a yellow, when most people thought under the rules it could / should of very easily been a red. There is and always has been 2 lots of rules for some clubs and others.  The FA having denied the Wolves appeal could never in a month of Sundays let the Man City one through.   The refs do have meetings and they would of all been told that Lampard should of walked, so anybody for the next couple of weeks was always going to be sent off. 

I knew he would lose that appeal, if they had said otherwise then I would say the FA making up their own rules of the game.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: January 11, 2012, 07:05:46 PM »
Well, I certainly never saw this one coming  ::)...

The Liverpool defender won the ball with both feet off the floor, leaving the City manager aggrieved that the same letter-of-the-law interpretation that led Chris Foy to dismiss his captain on Sunday – and resulted in a four-game ban for Kompany – was not applied by Lee Mason.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/11/steven-gerrard-roberto-mancini-liverpool-city

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: January 11, 2012, 08:02:58 PM »
Well, I certainly never saw this one coming  ::)...

The Liverpool defender won the ball with both feet off the floor, leaving the City manager aggrieved that the same letter-of-the-law interpretation that led Chris Foy to dismiss his captain on Sunday – and resulted in a four-game ban for Kompany – was not applied by Lee Mason.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/11/steven-gerrard-roberto-mancini-liverpool-city

Right. Dahs de root of the problem there..the inconsistency.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: January 12, 2012, 09:20:44 AM »
Increasingly worrisome reports that Ravel Morrison and maybe Pogba might be on the way out  >:(
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: January 12, 2012, 02:30:02 PM »
I think the inconsistency has less to do with the team involved and more to do with the player.

Frank Lampard, Wayne Rooney, Steven Gerard etc make that tackle and likely not even a consideration of a yellow card.

And is not now it happenin.  Alan Shearer used to get way with murder back in de day.

In Trinbago we call it "Gopaul luck eh Seepaul luck"
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3809 on: January 12, 2012, 02:37:17 PM »

1]; } ?>