March 29, 2024, 12:33:04 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 911691 times)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #4020 on: March 08, 2012, 05:41:16 PM »
that was a nice piece there mukum

The man is a madman but I'm wishing United could find a coach like him to partner up with Fergie.. just a man with attention to detail... Phelan is an oldschool run till you bleed type... not whats needed for Europe nowadays..  you need scientists in the dugout now

giggsy11

« Reply #4021 on: March 08, 2012, 07:06:03 PM »
giggsy i asked when last they won..not last time they lost..
I just feel like they haven't won a euro game at home for a while.
So would still appreciate the right answer. I know allyuh sour right now but is a serious question

I wasn't trying tuh mess with you. To answer your question-11/02/11 against Otelul Galati-CL. After that we played two more matches at home Benfica 11/22/11 a 2-2 draw CL and the Ajax last week for Europa.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 07:07:34 PM by Giggsy11 »

giggsy11

« Reply #4022 on: March 08, 2012, 07:10:32 PM »
It is scary how far we are being left behind in Europe..Adapt or Die and we are in the emergency room bleeding...Tactical Variation and players with alot of Technical abilty are the new trend needed in Europe..no longer can a tired United 4-4-2 be depended on in games where adapted teams using newschool tactics with pace in their passing and alot of movement off the ball will dominate the game and create countless chances be it at OT or at their respective home...We saw it with Benfica and today with Bilbao who were absolutely brilliant. They have adopted the Barca formation and to me have become the closest team to their style in terms of quick passing, movement all with technical players 1 through 11 and when they lose the ball win it back.. switch to United and we run the same old system and with some slow, technically inferior players and a team with no sharpness, intensity and invention especially from the midfield we will be exposed against teams like we did today...Where do we expect a player like the current Park to take us in Europe? he cant keep the ball, he offers f**k all going forward and his technique is horrid..Valencia for all his pace and other attributes has 1 foot and If you stop his channels then what? See Barca United 2011 final for proof ... Or Hernandez and Anderson with their great attitudes but poor ability, especially Chico.. Of the 4 i named I would like to see Park and Anderson exit the club and I would like United to not only invest in technically gifted players but also an up to date coach to come in there and shake that training center to the ground with his new forward vision and innovative tactical ways.. An oldschool English get stuck in , die for the shirt assistant coach can only take you as far as we have come in Europe...Let Fergie do what he does best and manage the situations but he needs help badly with coaching to take us forward on the Euro scene, we will always be a force in England due to our know how, experience and marathon styled theme where we can afford to slip up a few times.. In Europe its Adapt or Die, someone call the doctor

So what about Rooney? What you think about his quality of play this year; goals aside?

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: March 08, 2012, 07:47:12 PM »
I think he's been very good... the only person that seems to have a problem with his season is you judging from your posts about him

I do agree with your comments about him giving the ball away and thats because he tries some audacious through balls when he should be keeping it simple in some areas but all in all he i having a fantastic season by scoring (primarily his job) assists, and being heavily involved in majority of the games he's played.. and there is still more to come from Wazza

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: March 08, 2012, 07:58:56 PM »
that was a nice piece there mukum

The man is a madman but I'm wishing United could find a coach like him to partner up with Fergie.. just a man with attention to detail... Phelan is an oldschool run till you bleed type... not whats needed for Europe nowadays..  you need scientists in the dugout now

Smalls..would you be opposed to Fergie riding off into the sunset next season and having Mourinho take over?
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

giggsy11

« Reply #4025 on: March 08, 2012, 08:24:48 PM »
I think he's been very good... the only person that seems to have a problem with his season is you judging from your posts about him

I do agree with your comments about him giving the ball away and thats because he tries some audacious through balls when he should be keeping it simple in some areas but all in all he i having a fantastic season by scoring (primarily his job) assists, and being heavily involved in majority of the games he's played.. and there is still more to come from Wazza

:o-Not! Last time I checked maintaining possession is also part of a footballer's responsibilty. Rooney has been very careless with the ball all season either giving it away by forcing passes, miscontrolling or letting players strip him because he is not aware of where the opposing player is so he dribbles/turns into the tackle. Great he has scored goals but he has also killed many attacks with his careless ways with the ball. We can agree to disagree.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: March 08, 2012, 08:53:22 PM »
FF you will appreciate this one from the Telegraph

"La Liga vs the Premier League: Mind the gap!!"

hahaha
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: March 08, 2012, 09:34:23 PM »

:o-Not! Last time I checked maintaining possession is also part of a footballer's responsibilty. Rooney has been very careless with the ball all season either giving it away by forcing passes, miscontrolling or letting players strip him because he is not aware of where the opposing player is so he dribbles/turns into the tackle. Great he has scored goals but he has also killed many attacks with his careless ways with the ball. We can agree to disagree.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: March 08, 2012, 10:09:18 PM »
Just a question here....with the free kick that was awarded to Atleteco when Evra lost his shoe...is that a rule...???? I have never seen a call like that before and was not sure of the football laws surrounding that.
well yes

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: March 08, 2012, 10:54:12 PM »
top stuff SM
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

giggsy11

« Reply #4030 on: March 09, 2012, 07:13:30 AM »
Just a question here....with the free kick that was awarded to Atleteco when Evra lost his shoe...is that a rule...???? I have never seen a call like that before and was not sure of the football laws surrounding that.

Apparently there is. I was not aware either that a player could be penalized either for playing the ball if he didn't have one of his tugs on. Come to think of it I don't think I have seen a player attempt to play the ball with only one tugs on. I have seen a player lose a tug while dribbling and carry on ref didn't stop play. Wouldn't that be considered dangerous play since a tackle could be made and the player is vulnerable because his foot is exposed? Don't know how the refs interpret whatever the rule is.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 07:34:01 AM by Giggsy11 »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: March 09, 2012, 04:29:48 PM »
It is scary how far we are being left behind in Europe..Adapt or Die and we are in the emergency room bleeding...Tactical Variation and players with alot of Technical abilty are the new trend needed in Europe..no longer can a tired United 4-4-2 be depended on in games where adapted teams using newschool tactics with pace in their passing and alot of movement off the ball will dominate the game and create countless chances be it at OT or at their respective home...We saw it with Benfica and today with Bilbao who were absolutely brilliant. They have adopted the Barca formation and to me have become the closest team to their style in terms of quick passing, movement all with technical players 1 through 11 and when they lose the ball win it back.. switch to United and we run the same old system and with some slow, technically inferior players and a team with no sharpness, intensity and invention especially from the midfield we will be exposed against teams like we did today...Where do we expect a player like the current Park to take us in Europe? he cant keep the ball, he offers f**k all going forward and his technique is horrid..Valencia for all his pace and other attributes has 1 foot and If you stop his channels then what? See Barca United 2011 final for proof ... Or Hernandez and Anderson with their great attitudes but poor ability, especially Chico.. Of the 4 i named I would like to see Park and Anderson exit the club and I would like United to not only invest in technically gifted players but also an up to date coach to come in there and shake that training center to the ground with his new forward vision and innovative tactical ways.. An oldschool English get stuck in , die for the shirt assistant coach can only take you as far as we have come in Europe...Let Fergie do what he does best and manage the situations but he needs help badly with coaching to take us forward on the Euro scene, we will always be a force in England due to our know how, experience and marathon styled theme where we can afford to slip up a few times.. In Europe its Adapt or Die, someone call the doctor

Need some fresh blood and some dynamic ideas.  At the beginning of the season they looked like they were up for it, but they slowly sunk back into the basic Man U approach - which when flowing and added to individual talent is enough beat anybody, but in the current state with the current crop lacks a bit of cutting edge. 

Bilbao played like every Bielsa team - high up the pitch, press the ball in numbers, move it quickly when you have it, with the midfield shape continuously changing.  Barca re-popularized this type of game in the modern era and murdered everybody - no one was ready for it, but top teams are slowly catching back on (relatively)....but other teams have played it before...Milan did it way back in the 90's, Argentina under Bielsa and Basile did it in the early to mid 00's, Chile under Bielsa did it, Porto played some variation of it as well last season...Even Madrid is employing the high press from time to time now, to great success.

Football is always changing, some teams either adapt late or miss the  boat altogether.  What I realize too is the EPL revolution of high intensity 100 miles an hour football that we saw in the 04/05 era is becoming less and less of a competitive advantage - pretty much non-existent now....teams all over Europe are dealing with that physicality and speed... and as such the lack of technical quality as you say is starting to show...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: March 11, 2012, 08:10:16 AM »
If allyuh lose to West Brom, Is Sir Alex getting the sack?
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: March 11, 2012, 09:25:35 AM »
If allyuh lose to West Brom, Is Sir Alex getting the sack?

:devil: :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: March 11, 2012, 09:32:10 AM »
I liked watching him play, but maybe this is ultimately a good thing...

Man United lose another young ace as Pogba signs Juventus deal... and agent pockets £1.7m

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2111213/Paul-Pogba-leaves-Manchester-United-join-Juventus.html

By Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 3:32 PM on 7th March 2012

Italian job: Pogba will join Juventus

Juventus have agreed a deal for Manchester United contract rebel Paul Pogba.

Sportsmail revealed last month that the Italians had outlined a four year contract for the 18-year-old that is expected to earn him a basic £20,000 a week.

His agent Mino Raiola, who represents Manchester City's Mario Balotelli, is also understood to have agreed a commission on the deal of around £1.7million.

The France Under 19 international was left out of United's reserve fixture with West Brom on Tuesday night and has not figured in the recent Premier League games despite travelling with the squad.

Manager Sir Alex Ferguson has grown frustrated with the protracted negotiations and United will receive training compensation to be determined by FIFA.

Ferguson said he knew nothing of the intentions of Pogba.

'I can't tell you anything about it because I do not know,' said Ferguson.

Pogba follows another major talent - Ravel Morrison - out of the exit door. He signed for West Ham in the transfer window after the champions lost patience with his indiscipline.

He is staying at UTD  :beermug:
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #4035 on: March 11, 2012, 09:33:10 AM »

Man United lose another young ace as Pogba signs Juventus deal... and agent pockets £1.7m

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2111213/Paul-Pogba-leaves-Manchester-United-join-Juventus.html

By Sportsmail Reporter

Sportsmail revealed last month that the Italians had outlined a four year contract for the 18-year-old that is expected to earn him a basic £20,000 a week.

His agent Mino Raiola, who represents Manchester City's Mario Balotelli, is also understood to have agreed a commission on the deal of around £1.7million.

The France Under 19 international was left out of United's reserve fixture with West Brom on Tuesday night and has not figured in the recent Premier League games despite travelling with the squad.

Manager Sir Alex Ferguson has grown frustrated with the protracted negotiations and United will receive training compensation to be determined by FIFA.

Pogba follows another major talent - Ravel Morrison - out of the exit door. He signed for West Ham in the transfer window after the champions lost patience with his indiscipline.

Oh gorsh DH, yuh well quick on the typing!  ;D

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: March 11, 2012, 09:39:05 AM »
 ;D

I see yuh boy just pull of a big save
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: March 11, 2012, 09:42:16 AM »
Swansea just took the lead against City  :flamethrower:
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #4038 on: March 11, 2012, 09:45:23 AM »
;D

I see yuh boy just pull of a big save

Listen, ah love him because he has shown great resiliency and dig in when he could have curled up like ah corn curls!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: March 11, 2012, 09:53:25 AM »
CITY HAS LOST !!!!
Youtube Channel

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: March 11, 2012, 09:55:55 AM »
Man Shitty with all their firepower still need to work out a plan.  Too much reliance on individual brilliance.

giggsy11

« Reply #4041 on: March 11, 2012, 09:59:10 AM »

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: March 11, 2012, 10:16:45 AM »

By Sportsmail Reporter

Oh gorsh DH, yuh well quick on the typing!  ;D
He came on as a sub today..On another note Swansea missed a penalty from Sinclair and found the winner through Moore. Man.United on top ;D

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: March 15, 2012, 07:06:01 AM »
After the memorable events of yesterday, i almost forget it had football left to play this week yes...

Happy Manchester Thursday everyone..  ;D

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: March 15, 2012, 07:14:54 AM »
Dem f**kers better play d game of their lives today. I ain't able for no haters today nah
Youtube Channel

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: March 15, 2012, 07:29:40 AM »
Dem f**kers better play d game of their lives today. I ain't able for no haters today nah

dread you an giggsy chook dat jep nes' yesterday doh cry 'cause yuh get sting :D
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: March 15, 2012, 07:42:04 AM »
 :arguing:
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #4047 on: March 15, 2012, 11:01:47 AM »

dread you an giggsy chook dat jep nes' yesterday doh cry 'cause yuh get sting :D

Game on until season over! All yuh started it with allyuh bag ah salt!  :flamethrower: :challenge:

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: March 15, 2012, 11:22:40 AM »

:D
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: March 15, 2012, 12:01:58 PM »
http://www.rojadirecta.me/ scroll down to find the game , click on it to see links , game is live now
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>