April 19, 2024, 02:34:26 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 916817 times)

giggsy11

Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #4740 on: January 21, 2013, 04:10:37 PM »
DeGea has preserved enough victories for United or earned them a point. Shite happens, he will continue to improve. Nuff said.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: January 21, 2013, 06:49:37 PM »
Supposedly he is United's latest signing

http://youtu.be/9YwHqagTKis

Man bring him on board man!!

Sell Nani AND Ashley Young!!!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

giggsy11

« Reply #4742 on: January 21, 2013, 06:52:28 PM »

Van Persi's interview on Skysports

http://bcove.me/t47izctr

giggsy11

« Reply #4743 on: January 21, 2013, 06:54:38 PM »

Young yes-Nani no. Valencia need to get competition from Nani for the right wing spot. Force him to use his damn left foot man.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: January 21, 2013, 11:01:56 PM »
Premier League: Ten Talking Points from This Weekend's Action:

"10) There are bad losers and then there is Ferguson

The talking points from Manchester United's matches could always be the same after they have not won. However it has come about, Sir Alex Ferguson has it in for one official or another, deflecting failure from his team and himself. It was the same again at White Hart Lane on Sunday – a fine sporting occasion marred by one unsporting man. As managers of less successful clubs rightly know, for all the claims that these things – arguable judgments and misfortunes – level out over a season, the bigger clubs on balance get the better rub of the official green. Ferguson's attempts to influence referees before matches have belatedly been constrained this season. His remarks afterwards continue to shame a club whose play before and during his reign have given more pleasure than most. Pity."

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: January 22, 2013, 08:19:07 AM »

The talking points from Manchester United's matches could always be the same after they have not won. However it has come about, Sir Alex Ferguson has it in for one official or another, deflecting failure from his team and himself. It was the same again at White Hart Lane on Sunday – a fine sporting occasion marred by one unsporting man. As managers of less successful clubs rightly know, for all the claims that these things – arguable judgments and misfortunes – level out over a season, the bigger clubs on balance get the better rub of the official green. Ferguson's attempts to influence referees before matches have belatedly been constrained this season. His remarks afterwards continue to shame a club whose play before and during his reign have given more pleasure than most. Pity."

While I agree that Fergie does shit like this, I have to say, so too does alot of managers when their team losses. You rarely hear them criticize an official when their team wins. This was in my opinion a bias blog, nothing more.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: January 22, 2013, 08:22:36 AM »

Young yes-Nani no. Valencia need to get competition from Nani for the right wing spot. Force him to use his damn left foot man.
Valencia has been poor in the last two games, not sure whats going on with him. Nani, just came off injury, willing to give him a couple games to see how he does. I watched the clip of Zaha, and honesty, I don't see anything to suggest that he is better than Nani or Young. He could be just another over rated-highly priced English youth.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: January 22, 2013, 09:46:46 AM »
Zaha make meh remember Dempsey when ah first see him, I LOVED de way he liked to take men on and try all kinda fancy dribble, like if he feel he could beat ANYBODY...and well with dat attitude things kinda work out ok for Dempsey.

Bottom line, if Zaha come to United he WILL be a star!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: January 22, 2013, 09:54:08 AM »

Mourinho is the same. When Real losing is everybody against them, the Federation, Referee Association, referees, even Unicef and Nato  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: January 22, 2013, 10:38:30 AM »

Mourinho is the same. When Real losing is everybody against them, the Federation, Referee Association, referees, even Unicef and Nato  ;D
Mourinho will fit in nicely at United then.  ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: January 22, 2013, 12:25:59 PM »
While I agree that Fergie does shit like this, I have to say, so too does alot of managers when their team losses. You rarely hear them criticize an official when their team wins. This was in my opinion a bias blog, nothing more.

You can't be serious.

giggsy11

« Reply #4751 on: January 22, 2013, 01:57:08 PM »
The great Schmeichel also made mistakes.

http://youtu.be/Fk-TRewbCZg

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: January 22, 2013, 02:18:38 PM »
Peter is god.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #4753 on: January 22, 2013, 02:21:52 PM »
Peter is god.

Yep, but he wasn't perfect and had a way better defense in front off him. Give DeGea a chance.

giggsy11

« Reply #4754 on: January 23, 2013, 05:39:54 PM »
Man Utd’s de Gea receives backing from England great Banks

Submitted by Andrew Slevison on Wed, 01/23/2013 - 20:30

England’s World Cup-winning goalkeeper Gordon Banks has leapt to the defence of Manchester United’s David de Gea.

The 22-year old Spaniard was lambasted by TV pundit Gary Neville after he failed to punch clear a late ball in last weekend’s 1-1 draw with Tottenham, allowing Clint Dempsey to score an injury-time equaliser.

Neville suggested the United players would get on de Gea’s back in the dressing room after the game but Banks feels that type of behaviour is a bit harsh for a young keeper.

"I was very upset to hear Gary Neville talking about how the players were disgusted with him (De Gea), how they were looking at him, after he hadn't punched the ball quite clear enough,” he told Press Association Sport.

"I thought to myself, 'hang on a minute, it's not just the goalkeeper that makes mistakes, everybody makes mistakes in football matches'.

"He's got very good reflexes, makes excellent saves you think other goalkeepers probably wouldn't have got.

"He's got lots of years left yet. What he needs to do is to practice on the crosses as much as he possibly can.

"I used to practice on my weaker things as much as I possibly could and it certainly did help me.

"It's much more difficult for a goalkeeper playing in today's game. The ball is moving all over the place.

"For me, that ball has taken a lot of the art of goalkeeping out of the game. I do feel sorry for goalkeepers today."

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4755 on: January 23, 2013, 06:22:42 PM »
Questions raised about De Gea's future at United...

On Sky Sports Monday Night Football [Gary] Neville, the network's chief pundit, freeze-framed the immediate aftermath of Dempsey's strike to offer a post-mortem in which he claimed three of De Gea's disgruntled team-mates glared in blame at the goalkeeper.

"It's unforgiving, that dressing room," Neville said. "The idea that they go in after and it's a case of: 'Unlucky mate, let's have a drink.' That is not that place. Anybody is misguided if they believe that is what happens."

Neville pointed to his screen. "I want to draw your attention to Nemanja Vidic. He's got the stare on at De Gea. I want you to now watch Patrice Evra, he's not saying, 'Hiya mate, you alright?' He's furious because they've given a goal away, he's looking at his goalkeeper: 'What have you done?'"

...Continue to watch Vidic, watch his eyes – he stares at him for three, four, five, seconds. It's not because he fancies him."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/jan/22/manchester-united-david-de-gea

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: January 23, 2013, 06:26:56 PM »
Only a matter of time. If it continues he is getting benched for a while.
Youtube Channel

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: January 24, 2013, 07:40:13 AM »
Steups.

Replace De Gea with who? How old is he? Give de man time...I doh hear dis degree of noise when Joe Hart make some mistake.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: January 24, 2013, 07:49:42 AM »
Lindegard as usual. U think fergie fraid to bench that donut theif
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: January 24, 2013, 10:49:39 AM »
Wilfried Zaha: Manchester United set to complete £15m deal BBC

Wilfried Zaha will undergo a medical with Manchester United in the next 48 hours before completing a £15m move from Crystal Palace.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21180202
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: January 24, 2013, 11:53:32 AM »
Steups.

Replace De Gea with who? How old is he? Give de man time...I doh hear dis degree of noise when Joe Hart make some mistake.

How often yuh does hear of (or see) Joe Hart make mistake?  Take off the blinkers man.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: January 24, 2013, 03:59:06 PM »
Steups.

How often yuh does hear of (or see) Joe Hart make mistake?  Take off the blinkers man.

I still willing to give him time cause of his age. De Gea is 22. Hart is 25. If this summer he bulk up a bit...get more assertive in crosses....he go be good.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

giggsy11

« Reply #4762 on: January 24, 2013, 04:08:52 PM »
Steups.

I still willing to give him time cause of his age. De Gea is 22. Hart is 25. If this summer he bulk up a bit...get more assertive in crosses....he go be good.

DeGea will be great! He has skills that cannot be taught, and like you said the areas he may be weak in can be strengthened.
  If United give up on him now, they will regret it in a year or two. I will be so damn vex if we do that. We need to keep DeGea as long as he wants to keep playing in England, to continue to grow with the other under 25s in the club.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: January 24, 2013, 05:35:09 PM »

I don't disagree... it would be foolish to get rid of him now, not only because of the financial investment, but also because he still very young.  I was more responding to the Hart comparison... two of them is night and day at this point.  I think a smart thing to do might be to loan him out to a side like Soton who in dire need of a keeper.  The crucible of Old Trafford might be too much for him at this particular point of his development.  Either that or you hold onto him and live with his mistakes.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: January 24, 2013, 05:45:14 PM »
Like I say yuh buy Lindegard who is much more stable. Then yuh bench him. DeGea suppose to be second choice right now, till his shit is sorted
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 05:52:20 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: January 25, 2013, 07:09:47 AM »
Like I say yuh buy Lindegard who is much more stable. Then yuh bench him. DeGea suppose to be second choice right now, till his shit is sorted

I was suprised by that...especially as Lindergard is 28. He more confident. But de kinda reflex saves De Gea does put down...and I talking bout saves where he blinded and see it late and all kinda ting....NAH! Yuh cyar teach that.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: January 25, 2013, 07:24:53 AM »
True eh. But you doh see Lindegard fumbling them thing. I think playing DeGea is hurting his confidence.
Youtube Channel

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: January 25, 2013, 07:55:35 AM »
Many things have to be looked at when judging a keeper, NOT the least the quality of defending in front of the keeper.
Statistics can be deceiving, so I will let everyone draw their own conclusions

ManU have given up an astonishing 30 goals already this season, in comparison Man City have given up 19.

DeGea stats shows he has given up 19 goals, making 61 saves and facing 77 shots on goal. (1350 minutes played)

Hart stats shows that he has also given up 19 goals, making 41 saves and facing 61 shots on goal (2070 minutes played)

The goalkeepers seem almost balanced statistically. What ii does show is ManU's defending is questionable, while allowing way more shots on goal, if you consider minutes played.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: January 25, 2013, 08:14:24 AM »
You have stats for Lindegard?
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W