April 25, 2024, 10:55:50 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 918974 times)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #4860 on: March 07, 2013, 09:51:10 AM »
togedder.   boat... contrack.....with each odder.....lol..some ah dem....even with all the British accent,,, he cyar shed he roots  hahahahahahaha...being in the car wid him...
hahahaha Yorke came a long way, at least we can understand him despite his pronunciations with certain words. It had an interview with Scotland after a game a while back, I didnn't understand one word that man said so I knew all those English fans were lost lol.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: March 07, 2013, 09:56:45 AM »
I could never even understand what all the pressure was for him to try so hard and so soon as he did to sound so British....I guess he was young still....he (still) sounds terrible! lmao!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: March 07, 2013, 03:44:59 PM »
25 million for Rooney?

The Sun

dnaindia

Mirror

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

giggsy11

« Reply #4863 on: March 07, 2013, 06:25:46 PM »
After dat grandstand he pull, playing careless football, and continuously being out of shape, is only a matter of time before Fergie send him packing. Rooney is now considered expendable.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: March 07, 2013, 06:30:19 PM »
Ronaldo hits back at Fergie jibe
March 7, 2013
By Dermot Corrigan, Spain Correspondent
Former Brazil striker Ronaldo said Real Madrid's 2-1 Champions League win over Manchester United on Tuesday served to shut Alex Ferguson's mouth, after the United boss called him 'fat' in the build-up to the game.

During Monday's pre-game press conference Ferguson was asked to compare the former Madrid attacker Ronaldo [Luis Nazario de Lima] with his namesake the current Los Blancos star [Cristiano] Ronaldo. The Scot replied that Cristiano was a better all-round player than the "fat, old" Ronaldo, who had scored a hat-trick on Madrid's last visit to Old Trafford in 2003.

The Portuguese attacker then did not match that performance during this year's game, looking affected by the emotion of his return to his former club, but still scoring Madrid's winner in a game that hinged on the controversial sending off of United winger Nani early in the second half with home side 1-0 ahead.

The Brazilian Ronaldo, 36, retired as a player in 2011 after a long series of knee injuries and struggles with his weight, apparently due to a related thyroid problem. He reportedly lost 37 pounds while taking part in a reality show on Brazilian TV last year, and is currently working as an ambassador for the 2014 World Cup, which is being held in his home country.

Speaking at a publicity event at currently half-built World Cup venue Arena Pernambuco, Ronaldo said that the remarks from Ferguson, 71, had been disrespectful and unexpected from someone with so much experience in the game.

"Real Madrid shut his mouth for me," Ronaldo said, in comments reported in AS. "It was a lack of respect. A professional of his age, an English Sir, should not be so disrespectful. It was not classy."

Ronaldo said he did not want to get into any further debate on the subject, but he would be keeping an eye out for United's results from now on.

"I have no words for this gentleman, except that I hope the team he manages always loses," he added.
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: March 07, 2013, 06:45:14 PM »
Add Ronaldo to the Hater list. Step in line Fat kid
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: March 07, 2013, 06:49:17 PM »
He just mad Fergie still winning trophies and his fat ass ain't lol Look how men will take the bait...   ;D

giggsy11

« Reply #4867 on: March 07, 2013, 07:16:35 PM »
Would love tuh see the video of him saying it and how it was said. Could have used different words tuh differentiate, kind of mean. But I would crack up hear him saying it in his Scottish accent.
Poor Ronaldo feelings hurt cause people using the word fat tuh describe him, and not focusing on his footballing abilites.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4868 on: March 07, 2013, 07:23:58 PM »
No easy solutions for Manchester United over Wayne Rooney dilemma

The future of Wayne Rooney looks set to remain in limbo for the foreseeable future, with Paris Saint-Germain unlikely to decide whether to make a move for him until closer to the end of the season.

Manchester United are said to be ready to consider offers for their once talismanic striker, who was left out of the starting XI for Tuesday's Champions League defeat by Real Madrid, but there will be a keen desire in the club's hierarchy to avoid talking down the player's value.

When Rooney performed a dramatic volte-face in October 2010 and signed a new five-year contract on £250,000 a week days after threatening to leave amid keen interest from Manchester City it is understood that the move was personally sanctioned by the Glazers following a conference call with Sir Alex Ferguson and the chief executive, David Gill.

It was a key moment in the owners' tenure – pushed by Ferguson, they agreed to break the club's wage structure as a demonstration that the onerous financial obligations placed on Manchester United by their debt-funded takeover would not prevent them from matching the wages on offer from their well-funded local rivals.

They would have thought then that they were not only securing a vital player, after reassuring him with promises about their ambitions, and getting one over on their "noisy neighbours" but also maintaining his future value.

It is one of several ironies of the situation that in delivering on their promise to Rooney to sign better players, the issue the player claimed was at the heart of his dissatisfaction, it is the 27-year-old who has ended up being sidelined. But if Rooney is seen as damaged goods, then it will affect the fee that he can command, particularly in the absence of much competition for his services.

The club would look to recoup at least the £25.6m they spent on signing him from Everton, but the number of clubs willing to buy him has contracted with the introduction of Uefa's financial fair play rules and the emergence of other targets.

Both Manchester City and Chelsea, who were keen on Rooney in 2010, have less interest now and it is understood the former have ruled out a bid. An approach from PSG has been mooted but their list of transfer targets for next season remains in a state of flux.

Leonardo, the club's general manager, could leave at the end of the season and the future of the coach, Carlo Ancelotti, who masterminded their passage to the Champions League quarter-finals on Wednesday, also remains unclear. Therefore it is unlikely that any decision will be taken on whether to attempt to sign Rooney until closer to the end of the season.

Neither Real Madrid, Barcelona nor Bayern Munich are expected to take an interest – leaving the list of potential buyers a short one. The introduction of Uefa's FFP rules are also a factor for any club hoping to lure Rooney, especially if he hopes to maintain his salary. Whereas transfer fees can be amortised over the length of a player's contract, their wages go straight on to the bottom line.

Sir Alex Ferguson, who preferred Danny Welbeck and Nani to Rooney on Tuesday, has repeatedly questioned Rooney's fitness over the past year. He has often been forced to play out of position following the arrival of Robin van Persie and in the first leg in Madrid he was asked to occupy an unfamiliar defensive role.

The Manchester United manager will face the media on Friday for the first time since he failed to carry out his post-match media duties in the wake of Real's 2-1 victory at Old Trafford, a match that turned on Nani's controversial sending-off.

The United vice-chairman, Ed Woodward, who has masterminded the club's commercial growth, will take over Gill's responsibilities as chief executive in the summer. He told the Guardian last year that United's average net transfer outlay would be £25m, plus any additional money brought in from player sales.

Whether Rooney stays or goes will be Ferguson's decision but financial considerations will surely play a part. If the forward is deemed to be on the fringe of the manager's plans, there would be a reticence to pay £250,000 a week to a squad player. Although Manchester United are in little danger of failing to comply with Uefa's FFP rules, the club's board will be aware that paying Rooney over the final two years of his contract would cost the club more than £13m a year.

As they ponder Rooney's future, as well as that of Ferguson, United's board were also warned on Thursday that Jim O'Neill, the Goldman Sachs banker who unsuccessfully sought to put together a Red Knights consortium to lead a supporter-backed takeover in 2010, still harboured ambitions of owning the club.

"I haven't lost my desire to get involved in executing a philanthropic-based ownership of Manchester United," he told the Manchester Evening News, adding that his imminent retirement from the investment bank would give him the opportunity to revive the plans should the opportunity arise.

"With what I am doing, should the opportunity come along, I would certainly have the time to look at it and I wouldn't have the restrictions I had previously."

The mooted takeover was faced down by the Glazers, despite loud opposition from the majority of the club's fans to their debt-funded ownership model, calculated to have cost £1bn in fees and interest by 2016.

However, the club's value has since soared to around £2bn in the wake of its partial flotation on the New York Stock Exchange, as its aggressive commercial strategy, continued success on the field and the introduction of FFP have worked in its favour.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/mar/07/wayne-rooney-manchester-united-dilemma
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 07:32:48 PM by asylumseeker »

giggsy11

« Reply #4869 on: March 07, 2013, 07:28:48 PM »
The day Rooney signed that contract is the day Fergie had him by the balls after he grandstand move. He may have won that fight but Fergie will win the war.

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ah say it, how ah see it

giggsy11

« Reply #4871 on: March 07, 2013, 08:21:13 PM »
Ronaldo only upset because he end up being fat, and Fergie call him what he is at this time. I think he said in jest but in the same breathe complimented him by saying he was in form at the time he beat United. Fat now, in form and in shape then.

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: March 08, 2013, 06:21:06 AM »
SIR ALEX : "The Wayne Rooney issue first?" he asked at the start of his press conference. "Or do you want to talk sense?

"The issue you're all going on about in the papers is absolute rubbish. I've banned two papers from the press conference and they won't get back in here until they apologise. There is absolutely no issue between Wayne Rooney and I. To suggest we don't talk to each other on the training ground is absolute nonsense.

"He understood the reasons for not playing him and that was completely tactical. And I think I was right. We don't always get it right but I think we did get it right. Danny Welbeck is the best player we have in terms of operating in a double role. We had to choke Xabi Alonso's ability to control the game, which Danny did, and that took away Alonso's control of the game and his ability to go further forward and be an attacking player. We don't always get it right but we definitely did on Tuesday.

"Wayne will be here next year," "You have my word on that. I have no issues at all with the player and he'll be involved on Sunday."

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: March 08, 2013, 07:19:17 AM »
"Wayne will be here next year," "You have my word on that. I have no issues at all with the player and he'll be involved on Sunday."

aah boy, the dreaded vote of confidence

This is usually the death knell for any player and/or manager right here.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: March 08, 2013, 07:35:05 AM »
And then Fergie went and hide like a child after the game  :rotfl:

giggsy11

« Reply #4875 on: March 10, 2013, 10:12:11 AM »
Gawd boi, Gus calling we match agaaainn!  :banginghead: We have not won a match since he has been callin we games. Ah wish he would forkin leaves us alone! Shite, Liverpool and Spurs playing go and torture their viewers' ear drums nah!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 10:17:17 AM by Giggsy11 »

giggsy11

« Reply #4876 on: March 10, 2013, 10:37:01 AM »
Hello calling Elan, are you there? Hernandez says hi!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: March 10, 2013, 10:37:47 AM »
Hello calling Elan, are you there?

"Hernandez is not a baller "
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: March 10, 2013, 10:38:41 AM »
a man score a goal like dat and this  :applause: :applause: is all you can do about it.  That was a wicked goal!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: March 10, 2013, 10:42:10 AM »
Braps in the onion bag
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #4880 on: March 10, 2013, 10:42:33 AM »
Goal sah! Earn yuh pay!

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: March 10, 2013, 10:50:26 AM »
Drank some haterade this morning and am in good hating form.

Come on Chelsea!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: March 10, 2013, 11:16:36 AM »
I eh understand dat move by howard webb. Did he blow the whistle?....or did he just allow play to go on from midfield, allow manu to knock the ball all the way into Chelsea 18, come back and give Azpiliqueta a yellow......and then give manu the free-kick all the way back at midfield?! WTF is THAT?!?!

giggsy11

« Reply #4883 on: March 10, 2013, 11:21:23 AM »
Drank some haterade this morning and am in good hating form.

Come on Chelsea!

Pssh-careful dey-Liverpool losing 2-1.  ;)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: March 10, 2013, 11:22:34 AM »
let it happen!c maybe next year d russain goh leave managin to d managers :frustrated:
I pity the fool....

giggsy11

« Reply #4885 on: March 10, 2013, 11:25:54 AM »
let it happen!c maybe next year d russain goh leave managin to d managers :frustrated:

Who you want fuh a manager? Would you take AVB today if you coul? Forget about last year.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: March 10, 2013, 11:49:20 AM »
a man score a goal like dat and this  :applause: :applause: is all you can do about it.  That was a wicked goal!

......as well.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: March 10, 2013, 11:51:52 AM »

Who you want fuh a manager? Would you take AVB today if you coul? Forget about last year.

to dis day I still doh know why dey fire Ancellotti ...yeah goh carry dat tabanca to mih grave...........RDM was doing ah good job even while tryin to change chelsea style and even wit CL elimination should have been allowed to continue...............d russain need to chill or chelsea will not have a good and dedicated manager willing to come at any price............sad really, the way it goin' down............and d "real" fan fraid to let RA know what's what..........damn shame considering all d mout dey have for torres and benitez
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 11:53:42 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: March 10, 2013, 11:53:36 AM »
Rooney need to come off
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: March 10, 2013, 11:55:29 AM »

to dis day I still doh know why dey fire Ancellotti ...yeah goh carry dat tabanca to mih grave...........RDM was doing ah good job even while tryin to change chelsea style even wit CL elimination should have been allowed to continue...............d russain need to chill or chelsea will not have a good and dedicated manager willing to come at any price............sad really the it goin' down............and d "real"c fan fraid to let RA know what's what..........damn shame considering all d mout dey have for torres and benitez

ah tink ah understand why yuh put "real" in quotation marks....

Rooney need to come off

One of the points Ian Wright has been (correctly) making from the start!

1]; } ?>