April 27, 2024, 08:00:21 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 920908 times)

Offline dotless007

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #5040 on: May 08, 2013, 12:08:20 PM »
The real question on everyone's mind is what's going to Mike Phelan?

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: May 08, 2013, 12:25:50 PM »
... Fyzo, go back a few pages ... Brought up the Moyes thing earlier this year or late last year.
My bad, I miss (or forget) that, so had they mentioned him as a replacement or was he someone you wanted?
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: May 08, 2013, 12:27:16 PM »
Wha allyuh go do when yuh find out is Benitez ... and that this has been one incestuous cluster?  :devil:

(Whereas, I was serious about Jose ... I'm kidding here). ;D

Ah feel Jose looking fuh a short-term wuk before he wrests the reigns of the 2018 WC campaign for the Portuguese.  ::) Manu is not exactly a short-term gig.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: May 08, 2013, 12:37:11 PM »
... Fyzo, go back a few pages ... Brought up the Moyes thing earlier this year or late last year.
My bad, I miss (or forget) that, so had they mentioned him as a replacement or was he someone you wanted?

Question regarding the Manchester United succession planning: what's so special about David Moyes?

Nah, I not on board the David Moyes train, but I understand the calculus that allegedly has insinuated him into speculation.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: May 08, 2013, 12:39:16 PM »
Wha allyuh go do when yuh find out is Benitez ... and that this has been one incestuous cluster?  :devil:

(Whereas, I was serious about Jose ... I'm kidding here). ;D

Ah feel Jose looking fuh a short-term wuk before he wrests the reigns of the 2018 WC campaign for the Portuguese.  ::) Manu is not exactly a short-term gig.

D Dortmund coach name get thrown in the bag too.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: May 08, 2013, 12:40:32 PM »
Good to see his back.   Good riddance.

Yeah good riddance.  Great manager.

Ghosts of Fergie:

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their f***ing perch. And you can print that."

On whether Liverpool would win the title in 2007:
"You must be joking. Do I look as if I'm a masochist ready to cut myself? How does relegation sound instead?"

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: May 08, 2013, 12:47:35 PM »
As a mark of respect 6 minutes of extra time will be added to every Premier League game this weekend.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: May 08, 2013, 01:00:26 PM »
Whoever gets this job:

1. hadda be someone Fergie respects
2. someone the Glazers like and feel dey could wuk wid
3. hadda be able to immediately command and capture the attention of the players
4. hadda be able to master the structural components and considerations of Man U's set up (inclusive of $ ... not just this youth player talk)
5. hadda be not offensive to the terraces and Man U's global brand
6. doh have a steep learning curve in the EPL
7. Capable of achieving Champions League qualification (which likely favours someone who has demonstrated this competency in the past)
8. Come recommended by Fergie
9. can geh de wuk done without being unduly concerned about Fergie still being bout de place
10. going to take de job with a view to being in the role for longer than is typical of the EPL (has shown that sort of tenacity)
11. what else?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: May 08, 2013, 01:10:02 PM »
As a mark of respect 6 minutes of extra time will be added to every Premier League game this weekend.

...or until the home team scores the equalizing/winning goal  ;)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: May 08, 2013, 03:28:34 PM »
BREAKING News: Manchester United is looking at bringing in a coach that can do some damage. Reports coming in is that he is a native of Trinidad and Tobago. A close friend of that individual as leaked information on the web site "Nonya" short for "Nonyabusiness" It was reported that the friend indicated that his close friend and colleague will be with the Red Devils sooner, rather than later as expected. He also stated that he will be joining the ranks as soon as his colleague signs the contract because once his friend has a job, he too will be hired. So who is this mystery man?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: May 08, 2013, 03:38:32 PM »
I was thinking Martin O'neil would be a good candidate.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: May 08, 2013, 04:06:53 PM »
As impressive as his resume with Man Utd is, let's not forget what Sir Alex achieved in Scotland and in Europe with Aberdeen, breaking up the Old Firm duopoly in the process:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sir-alex-ferguson-aberdeen-years-1876862

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: May 08, 2013, 04:12:00 PM »
True. I am also a Celtic fan and immediately wanted to know how the hell Aberdeen had become so good enough to beat Celtic-Ranger mafioso. That is when I took notice of Ferguson. Was not expecting him to go to Utd though.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: May 08, 2013, 04:22:42 PM »
Whoever gets this job:

1. hadda be someone Fergie respects
2. someone the Glazers like and feel dey could wuk wid
3. hadda be able to immediately command and capture the attention of the players
4. hadda be able to master the structural components and considerations of Man U's set up (inclusive of $ ... not just this youth player talk)
5. hadda be not offensive to the terraces and Man U's global brand
6. doh have a steep learning curve in the EPL
7. Capable of achieving Champions League qualification (which likely favours someone who has demonstrated this competency in the past)
8. Come recommended by Fergie
9. can geh de wuk done without being unduly concerned about Fergie still being bout de place
10. going to take de job with a view to being in the role for longer than is typical of the EPL (has shown that sort of tenacity)
11. what else?

Based on this criteria, it looking like its a toss up between David Moyes and Howard Webb

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: May 08, 2013, 04:26:45 PM »
SAF, sometimes a whiner, but mostly a winner.  He served the game well.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5055 on: May 08, 2013, 04:33:10 PM »
As impressive as his resume with Man Utd is, let's not forget what Sir Alex achieved in Scotland and in Europe with Aberdeen, breaking up the Old Firm duopoly in the process:

....was thinking the same thing all day. Truly remarkable what he did there in a short space of time. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: May 08, 2013, 05:44:09 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/c16mH-Kaooc&amp;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/c16mH-Kaooc&amp;</a>
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: May 08, 2013, 05:46:29 PM »

....was thinking the same thing all day. Truly remarkable what he did there in a short space of time.

Espn had a documentary about him. Even when the team won he still wasn't satisfied. Man was cussing while the players celebrating. Lol
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: May 08, 2013, 06:14:43 PM »

Espn had a documentary about him. Even when the team won he still wasn't satisfied. Man was cussing while the players celebrating. Lol

Yeah, that is that "win or else....there's the door" mentality....lettin dem know they couldn't rest on their laurels....all the players that talk about him talk about how much he demands of them and you could see it in their relentless play in their domestic play....is only when dey (or, should I say, "allyuh") come up against them European giants allyuh does boil dong like bahgie.  ;D

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: May 08, 2013, 06:19:32 PM »

Yeah, that is that "win or else....there's the door" mentality....lettin dem know they couldn't rest on their laurels....all the players that talk about him talk about how much he demands of them and you could see it in their relentless play in their domestic play....is only when dey (or, should I say, "allyuh") come up against them European giants allyuh does boil dong like bahgie.  ;D

You mean when referees rob we.
Youtube Channel

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: May 08, 2013, 06:48:53 PM »
A bredrin pointed out that there was chatter about CR7 returning to Man U. He associates this as an omen that Mourinho is heading to Old Trafford.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: May 08, 2013, 07:00:51 PM »
A bredrin pointed out that there was chatter about CR7 returning to Man U. He associates this as an omen that Mourinho is heading to Old Trafford.

That go be a perfect match. I wonder if them fellas plan this thing?
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: May 08, 2013, 08:07:47 PM »

You mean when referees rob we.

manu has never been robbed....not in England. Not in Europe.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: May 08, 2013, 09:20:57 PM »
One could only imagine how grateful Van Persie must be to have squeezed this season in under SAF.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: May 08, 2013, 10:03:29 PM »
David Moyes will be the new manager. Stueps.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22453895

Edit. Oh and Rooney wants to leave.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 10:10:42 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: May 08, 2013, 10:20:51 PM »
I deleted my post about taking Benitez over Moyes...i thought about it, and decided that I will give him a chance. Fergie did not have any European experience before he took over and look what happened. The only down side, Rooney might not last very long with Moyes after his book that caused problems between them. The other positive I am trying to comfort myself with is the fact that he has done well with limited funds and lasted 10 years at Everton. I know Fergie will coach him form time to time to help improve the team.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: May 09, 2013, 07:21:32 AM »
Appoint Moyes....I would smile with that one. ;)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: May 09, 2013, 07:40:51 AM »
Appoint Moyes....I would smile with that one. ;)

Not yet confirmed... however....

2.38pm BST
EVERTON STATEMENT

"Everton can confIrm that David Moyes will leave the club at the end of the season."
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: May 09, 2013, 07:43:11 AM »
What will Moyes time be like??

2.41pm BST

Here's the statement on Everton's website.

Everton can confirm that David Moyes will leave the Club at the end of the season.

The Manager met Chairman Bill Kenwright early yesterday evening (Wednesday 8th May) and confirmed his desire to join Manchester United. The Chairman, on behalf of the Club, would like to place on record his thanks to David for the massive contribution he has made to Everton since his arrival in March 2002. He has been an outstanding Manager.
    During his tenure at Goodison Park, David has taken charge of the team on over 500 occasions including four European campaigns.
    His final two games as Everton Manager will be the remaining Premier League matches against West Ham United and Chelsea. Everton officials will start the search for a replacement manager immediately.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: May 09, 2013, 07:59:18 AM »
Yu know, I for one will welcome David Moyes as manager.  That way SAF will get to still have a say in team selection/player signing etc.  If the Great one comes to the club, SAF will have nothing more to do with the team.  Jus sad that Rooney will be on the sh*t list if he can't transfer out the club.  Then again, you never know nah.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

1]; } ?>