April 19, 2024, 10:30:54 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 916903 times)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #5130 on: July 01, 2013, 10:13:18 PM »
Let me be the first to say, I don't like David Moyes as a Man.United coach. I hope he he does well and make me eat my words. As for those assistants, who the F@*k are they? They have never won anything, and it looks like a Everton back room minus Neville. They already tryna bring in Baines. I like Butner, and would not mind Baines, only if Evra really leaves for Monaco on his free will and not forced out for Baines.

I echo some of your sentiments regarding the coaches and regarding Evra. We have more pressing needs like in midfield and getting Rooney out. We can handle having Evra in the side, plus he is a leader in the room. I am not to hot about Moyes either, and he and his people better come real good. We are United not some mid level table side in England.
thats what I fear we become under him. I know I should not expect to win anything this season, but I can't accept that, considering there were other options for coaches to pick from, who have that winning mentality. I don't want to see any Everton players being brought in, cause we have the right players with a couple tweaking to be done, but it must be from players who will fit into Manchester United style of football.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5131 on: July 02, 2013, 06:30:39 AM »
I dont think we should bring in any Everton players period. I dont know if they are United caliber. We should look to move forward and not backwards. How are we going to compete against the other teams who are bringing in quality. How we facing barca with Messi and Neymar in CL?

"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5132 on: July 02, 2013, 07:11:59 AM »
I dont think we should bring in any Everton players period. I dont know if they are United caliber. We should look to move forward and not backwards. How are we going to compete against the other teams who are bringing in quality. How we facing barca with Messi and Neymar in CL?
While I understand the sentiment, I believe that Baines, if we can get him, would not be a bad choice to bring in. However, I hope this summer doesn't become "the summer of Baines". We have more important holes to fill.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5133 on: July 02, 2013, 10:06:02 AM »
I don't think Moyes will last more than 2 years...he has had a fairly decent sided but never sought ways that would take them to another level....he should have at least kept Phelan or Meulensteen so that there is some kind of continuity within the coaching structure in the end it won't be anything more than a transplanted Everton Way in United colors a recipe for mediocrity.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5134 on: July 04, 2013, 02:11:34 PM »
Well he gave Giggs a player/coach role, and I'm reading that P.Neville is also on the coaching staff. That's the majority of Everton's coaching staff at Man.United. Can't say I'm happy about this P.Neville appointment. Hope this man really prove me wrong.

In all honesty, I think the team will do well, but not because of him, but because of the players that we have there. Maybe I'm to accustomed to Ferguson running the team and I'm just paranoid before the start if the season. Whatever it is, I hope the team does well from the get go with the new change in staff.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5135 on: July 04, 2013, 02:33:54 PM »
Give the man a chance please
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5136 on: July 04, 2013, 03:21:52 PM »
Give the man a chance please

This is like the PP government it doomed to failure. As a manager it shows his inability to operate outside his comfort zone. Look at some of the coaches Fergie had around him like Muelensteen and Quieroz...they knew how to get the best out of players and how to win. They were the ones who helped create that never say die mentality...how many times have we seen United pull a goal out of the hat to win or tie a game...
how many times have we seen that at Everton?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5137 on: July 04, 2013, 03:43:22 PM »
Results matter, i doh care if he carrying he mammy with him as long as we winning , until then i supporting him
Youtube Channel

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5138 on: July 04, 2013, 04:26:46 PM »
Results matter, i doh care if he carrying he mammy with him as long as we winning , until then i supporting him

Winning is a habit. Reason being...yuh mental state needs to be tough to handle pressure in clutch "squeaky bum times".

I not expecting much for at least 2-3 seasons. If Moyes could impart the strength of character in the team like fergie did well then that would be nice. If he could keep his head in clutch situations well good. It unfair to the man to expect miracles. Especially with a totally new support staff.

It had to happen some day so just have to face it. The fans would be the biggest source of pressure as expected....so...just have to sit back and enjoy the ride.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

giggsy11

« Reply #5139 on: July 04, 2013, 05:20:17 PM »
My concerns are about tactics, technical training, and setting up players to be successful in Europe. Who on that coaching staff has the experience to do that? They all use to coaching to win games in the EPL, or staying in the top 10. I am irritated about how middle class this set up starting tuh look, at least he could have brought in somebody without Everton ties, who could help elevate the tactical and technical piece. Steups, bunch of forkin old arse English men and Phil Neville.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 05:26:56 PM by Giggsy11 »

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5140 on: July 04, 2013, 08:56:32 PM »
My concerns are about tactics, technical training, and setting up players to be successful in Europe. Who on that coaching staff has the experience to do that? They all use to coaching to win games in the EPL, or staying in the top 10. I am irritated about how middle class this set up starting tuh look, at least he could have brought in somebody without Everton ties, who could help elevate the tactical and technical piece. Steups, bunch of forkin old arse English men and Phil Neville.
One of them was his old coach, and the other was a coach of F@*king Derby County!! No wonder they were so mediocre. Evertonhas some good players and I'm sure they could compete for the title on any given day, but their style was not as good for the type of players they have. So I hope they come good with Man.United!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 09:00:16 PM by triniairman »

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5141 on: July 05, 2013, 06:38:45 AM »

Winning is a habit. Reason being...yuh mental state needs to be tough to handle pressure in clutch "squeaky bum times".

I not expecting much for at least 2-3 seasons. If Moyes could impart the strength of character in the team like fergie did well then that would be nice. If he could keep his head in clutch situations well good. It unfair to the man to expect miracles. Especially with a totally new support staff.

It had to happen some day so just have to face it. The fans would be the biggest source of pressure as expected....so...just have to sit back and enjoy the ride.

I'm not expecting us to win the EPL next season. I would be happy with a top 5 finish. It may be a couple of seasons before we win the EPL again but he needs to have ManU challenging for that trophy after that. And as long as he can keep ManU in Europe I'll be happy.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5142 on: July 05, 2013, 07:29:38 AM »

I'm not expecting us to win the EPL next season. I would be happy with a top 5 finish. It may be a couple of seasons before we win the EPL again but he needs to have ManU challenging for that trophy after that. And as long as he can keep ManU in Europe I'll be happy.

Problem is...the person there with the most european experience is Giggs.

Buckle up people.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5143 on: July 05, 2013, 01:13:59 PM »
David Moyes says Sir Alex Ferguson told him about the Manchester United job

David Moyes says he is thrilled to have become the new manager of Premier League champions Manchester United.

And, speaking at his first press conference as boss of the Old Trafford club, the Scot revealed how the job offer was delivered out of the blue by his predecessor, Sir Alex Ferguson.

"I'm incredibly privileged to be given the opportunity to be the manager of Manchester United," said Moyes. "And very grateful to Sir Alex and the board for making that happen.

"It was a really strange situation for me, I had no idea whatsoever.

"A lot of people think I knew something about it. I knew nothing at all about it until Sir Alex gave me a call, and asked me to come to his house.

"I was expecting him to say 'I'm going to take one of your players' or something else, I wasn't sure.

"We went in and the first thing he said to me was 'I'm retiring'. I said 'Yeah, when?' I mean, he was never going to retire was he? But he said 'next week'.

"His next words were 'and you're the next Manchester United manager'.
Blood drained from my face

"I didn't get a chance to say yes or no, I was told I was the next Manchester United manager by Sir Alex, for me that was enough.

"As you can imagine, the blood drained from my face. I was really shocked, more shocked that Sir Alex had chosen to retire. I was incredibly thrilled that I was going to be given the chance to manage Manchester United."

It has been suggested that Ferguson might stay away from United's first few matches for fear that his presence might add to the pressure on Moyes.

But the new boss said: "I hope Sir Alex Ferguson is sitting in the directors box. He's been so good. I've already called him two or three times for advice on a couple of matters.

"This is a new era but Sir Alex Ferguson will never go away, he'll always be here. You can see his statue, you can see his stand, and he's certainly someone I'll go to.

"Hopefully, the supporters will realise it was his time to finish and time for someone else."
We're always interested in the best players

Asked what counted as success in his first campaign, Moyes replied: "This club is about winning trophies and that's something I'm looking forward to doing."

Moyes was also asked about Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo, who has been linked with a possible return to United this summer.

The new boss would not speak directly about the Portuguese forward but said "this club is always interested in the best players".

The United boss says he may add to his squad before the club go on tour next week although "time is closing in a bit."
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8809656/David-Moyes-says-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-told-him-about-the-Manchester-United-job

As a Manager, Fergie sure had a lot of power at Man.United, I mean, he picked the next coach... As we always said "In Fergie We Trust" so I guess I'll give Moyes a season  or two to prove me wrong about him and his staff.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5144 on: July 11, 2013, 09:03:51 AM »
For a big club like United, I am not sure why they continue to have problems attracting big name talent who ply there trade (outside) of the Premier League......

Thiago set to shun United for Bayern

Manchester United are on the verge of missing out on summer target Thiago Alcantara with the Spain international expected to sign for Bayern Munich according to reports.

United have landed in Bangkok to begin their tour of East Asia and Australia against Singha All Stars in Bangkok on Saturday.

However, manager David Moyes and his men departed the airport with news breaking that Barcelona starlet Thiago, a reported sought after transfer of United’s, is set to join former coach Pep Guardiola at treble winners Bayern.

Spanish media outlet, Marca, are reporting the 22-year-old could be announced as a new Bayern player as soon as Thursday.

The news would be a blow for Moyes, who had hoped to use Thiago to bolster a midfield lacking the retired Paul Scholes and for whom the futures of Darren Fletcher and Anderson in particular are uncertain.

By ESPN staff
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5145 on: July 11, 2013, 01:38:56 PM »
For a big club like United, I am not sure why they continue to have problems attracting big name talent who ply there trade (outside) of the Premier League......

Thiago set to shun United for Bayern

Manchester United are on the verge of missing out on summer target Thiago Alcantara with the Spain international expected to sign for Bayern Munich according to reports.

United have landed in Bangkok to begin their tour of East Asia and Australia against Singha All Stars in Bangkok on Saturday.

However, manager David Moyes and his men departed the airport with news breaking that Barcelona starlet Thiago, a reported sought after transfer of United’s, is set to join former coach Pep Guardiola at treble winners Bayern.

Spanish media outlet, Marca, are reporting the 22-year-old could be announced as a new Bayern player as soon as Thursday.

The news would be a blow for Moyes, who had hoped to use Thiago to bolster a midfield lacking the retired Paul Scholes and for whom the futures of Darren Fletcher and Anderson in particular are uncertain.

By ESPN staff

Dunno if its due to finance, negotiation....location or what...but it was done hard with Fergie there.

Worse yet now.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: July 13, 2013, 12:47:50 PM »
Somebody should start a "Fire Moyes" thread.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: July 13, 2013, 01:03:18 PM »
They lost 1-0 in their first tour match

giggsy11

« Reply #5148 on: July 13, 2013, 01:03:37 PM »
I have no idea what the hell the problems is when it comes tuh buying some world class midfielders. This has been a problem for years! Whatever it is, but it has been frustrating the shite out of me, to the point where I can't remember the last time I was constipated.  :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

giggsy11

« Reply #5149 on: July 13, 2013, 01:04:18 PM »
They lost 1-0 in their first tour match

Shhhhh; doh take the bait. ;)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: July 13, 2013, 01:08:33 PM »
I have no idea what the hell the problems is when it comes tuh buying some world class midfielders. This has been a problem for years! Whatever it is, but it has been frustrating the shite out of me, to the point where I can't remember the last time I was constipated.  :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:
They are either too expensive, go to a club that will over pay them, or they go play for Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: July 13, 2013, 01:09:38 PM »
some positive things today

Good bit of players got 90 minutes..

Januzaj is something special..been talking up this kid for months..18 years old and one to watch..Moyes likes him alot, hopefully he will get playing time over the season

Zaha was very lively..beautiful effort that hit the post.. encouraging debut

We used more of a 4-2-3-1 vs a 4-4-2 which is very good to see.. 4-4-2 is outdated and we need to play more compact and give the front 4 freedom to play... alot of free role play today..fluid and interchanging

The conditions were horrible.. hot and sticky and being the 1st game the team itself didnt do much in terms of pressing off the ball...completely understandable

I would like to see off ball pressing installed under Moyes... for the last few years we've allowed teams to play..we need to correct that so one thing I'm keeping an eye on as well as using a modernized formation and way of playing

Welbeck really is shit in front of goal ... he has to improve or he will not have a long career at United.

giggsy11

« Reply #5152 on: July 13, 2013, 01:18:42 PM »
some positive things today

Good bit of players got 90 minutes..

Januzaj is something special..been talking up this kid for months..18 years old and one to watch..Moyes likes him alot, hopefully he will get playing time over the season

Zaha was very lively..beautiful effort that hit the post.. encouraging debut

We used more of a 4-2-3-1 vs a 4-4-2 which is very good to see.. 4-4-2 is outdated and we need to play more compact and give the front 4 freedom to play... alot of free role play today..fluid and interchanging

The conditions were horrible.. hot and sticky and being the 1st game the team itself didnt do much in terms of pressing off the ball...completely understandable

I would like to see off ball pressing installed under Moyes... for the last few years we've allowed teams to play..we need to correct that so one thing I'm keeping an eye on as well as using a modernized formation and way of playing

Welbeck really is shit in front of goal ... he has to improve or he will not have a long career at United.

Welbeck and Cleverly need tuh play against sides in the lower half of the league and below. Welbeck, I love his talent, but he need tuh get his head sorted and should not be depended on to lead the line or if we need a goal. He is a complimentary player.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: July 15, 2013, 07:00:14 AM »

Manchester United have made a bid of 30,000,000 euros (£25.9m) for Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas #mufc #bbcfootball
(https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/356748710304153601)

« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 07:09:37 AM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #5154 on: July 15, 2013, 10:30:37 AM »
Steups! I just want tuh read we sign a few players, tired of news about speculations and agent putting things out there. When we signed De Gea, Powell and Kagawa it was boom, bamm. No body even knew we were chasing dem. That is how we do our business; early and over; that is our we have been successful.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: July 15, 2013, 01:54:24 PM »
steups....... faberglass boy???????? nah.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

giggsy11

« Reply #5156 on: July 15, 2013, 07:44:54 PM »
steups....... faberglass boy???????? nah.

Plus he has a lot of miles on him. We better get another mid plus he!

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: July 17, 2013, 01:26:16 PM »
So wait.....Chelsea want Rooney and offering either Juan Mata or David Luiz plus 15 million dollars.
Stupesss...I know Giggsy11 would be  outside Rooney house bright and early tomorrow morning to drive him to Stamford Bridge for his physical....
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

giggsy11

« Reply #5158 on: July 17, 2013, 01:40:11 PM »
So wait.....Chelsea want Rooney and offering either Juan Mata or David Luiz plus 15 million dollars.
Stupesss...I know Giggsy11 would be  outside Rooney house bright and early tomorrow morning to drive him to Stamford Bridge for his physical....

Really?  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: July 17, 2013, 01:47:50 PM »
Dias like selling a used car pretending it new. Except the buyer actually know is shit and still want it
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>