March 28, 2024, 06:40:26 PM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 911524 times)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #5190 on: September 02, 2013, 10:45:00 PM »
Reading other forums, and man ecstatic about Fellaini...I really hope Moyes don't turn us into Everton, with these average ass players. Arsenal pick up a big buy in Mezut Ozil. Kaka went back Milan for FREE!!and we get an average player who shone at Everton last season!! Thank god we did not get Baines too... Looks like we have a loan deal for Contrao. We need to start playing Kagawa more. Giggs need to come on late, and not start.

Allyuh should be so lucky as to get Baines... believe me, Baines is a big player, speedy, smart, clinical in the box, gets forward a ton and makes great crosses into the box.  I don't think he's necessarily an up grade over Evra though.  As for Kaka... a big part of that has to do with Milan's relationship with Madrid, so don't think United could have stepped in and have a chance to get him.
Baines is a good player, I just can't see they bringing him to bench at Man.United, cause he not in Evra class. I would have been pissed if he came and Evra started getting bench for him. I like Buttner, he just need more playing time.

As far as KaKa is concerned, I am willing to bet if we really wanted him, we could have gotten him. His age might have been the problem going in for him. It's a pity we cant buy a whole new team every season like a couple teams in the league, otherwise every player we wanted we would have gotten them. Money talks and Man.United walks. Still early days though. Don't get it twisted and write Man.United off. Season after season we have silenced the critics and haters, and this season could be no different. Chelsea parked the bus, and Liverpool fought for their lives for that win.

Its not how you start, its how you finish ;)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5191 on: September 03, 2013, 09:50:22 AM »
Long live the empire! Long live Manchester United!

Haters gonna hate
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: September 03, 2013, 10:42:46 AM »
This is the type of shit we buy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypPMMvc33FY

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: September 03, 2013, 11:53:57 AM »

No Clown, This is what we got
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mZFuxC1bdUk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mZFuxC1bdUk</a>

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5194 on: September 03, 2013, 05:05:07 PM »

No Clown, This is what we got
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mZFuxC1bdUk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mZFuxC1bdUk</a>
OH YEAAA!!! I forgot he could play like any average player in midfield. Thanks for reminding me. Look, he was a star at Everton, if he could continue that run from last season, then I'll be the first to apologize.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5195 on: September 03, 2013, 05:32:16 PM »
Stueps give people a chance Nah.
Youtube Channel

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5196 on: September 03, 2013, 09:54:35 PM »
Fellaini is a borse player, true mid-fielder/supplier....lately he's developed a knack for finishing as well but that's not really his game. This is a good buy for Man U!

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5197 on: September 03, 2013, 10:03:01 PM »
The problem with Moyes is that he lacks ideas and creativity...he had a decent team at Everton but never tried anything different and that may be due to assistant coaches who were just run of the mill guys and who probably  will never be  able to affect the team like Meulensteen or Queiroz.  With the constant call for a left back I wonder what Evra must be thinking as this will only bring discord into the team.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5198 on: September 03, 2013, 10:17:53 PM »
The problem with Moyes is that he lacks ideas and creativity...he had a decent team at Everton but never tried anything different and that may be due to assistant coaches who were just run of the mill guys and who probably  will never be  able to affect the team like Meulensteen or Queiroz.  With the constant call for a left back I wonder what Evra must be thinking as this will only bring discord into the team.

Completely Disagree.... If he lacked ideas and creativity why did he try to sign some of the best CM's in the world ? example Cesc... it is not his fault that our new Vice Chairman didnt know his ass from his elbow in the transfer market... nor was it his fault that majority of world class central mids were unavailable mainly due to alot of coaches changed at the top clubs and generally in your first year you want to keep the team together and give them a chance to impress before making a quick assumption

Secondly. never tried anything different at Everton ? look at their progression in style of play and upgrade of flair and easy on the eye players...Last season Everton were quite good with quick passing , 4-2-3-1 with majority of their width coming from attacking fullbacks in Baines and Coleman while that front 4 of Mirallas Piennar Fellaini supporting Jelavic with Osman and Gibson holding played some fantastic football

We are 3 games into the season and have many injuries and players now coming back into fitness (Nani, Kagawa etc) .. players that can make a huge difference

Too early to judge and stamp an opinion... people panicking as if we lost all 3 games.... relax

Trust the Gaffer...I guarantee we will play better football under Moyes and the new staff than we have done over the last few seasons...which have been quite poor despite winning a couple league titles...that was the brilliance of Fergie, to get the job done despite being the 3rd or 4th best playing team

Sit back and let the man get his time to get his style across

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5199 on: September 04, 2013, 10:43:58 AM »
And Everton under Moyes won how many trophies? Qualified for home many champion leagues Europa leagues? How many FA cups? Let's see that's the same man who sold Jolene Lescott..by the way how many quality players did he sign with Everton????

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5200 on: September 04, 2013, 11:45:56 AM »
And Everton under Moyes won how many trophies? Qualified for home many champion leagues Europa leagues? How many FA cups? Let's see that's the same man who sold Jolene Lescott..by the way how many quality players did he sign with Everton????

Moyes never had the kind of financial support the other Top Four managers had to attract the kind of players found at a Man U., Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea etc.  It has only been in the past 3-4 years he's really been able to get the likes of a Fellaini or a Mirallas.  As for Lescott, there's not much a club can do to hold onto a player once he becomes unsettled.  Yes, Man City held firm with Tevez, United with Rooney and Liverpool with Suarez, but those are exceptional cases.  I don't know that Moyes will be successful for Manchester United or not, but on balance he was a very good manager for Everton and took that club as far as he could with the financial and talent resources at his disposal.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5201 on: September 04, 2013, 04:32:03 PM »

Moyes never had the kind of financial support the other Top Four managers had to attract the kind of players found at a Man U., Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea etc.  It has only been in the past 3-4 years he's really been able to get the likes of a Fellaini or a Mirallas.  As for Lescott, there's not much a club can do to hold onto a player once he becomes unsettled.  Yes, Man City held firm with Tevez, United with Rooney and Liverpool with Suarez, but those are exceptional cases.  I don't know that Moyes will be successful for Manchester United or not, but on balance he was a very good manager for Everton and took that club as far as he could with the financial and talent resources at his disposal.

Thanks Bakes for giving him a civil reply because his post was not worthy of such a classy reply

MEP go and support City then..... the good thing with Moyes coming in is majority of the bandwaggon shithongs will jump ship and we will see everyone true colours

Go rent boy, GO!

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5202 on: September 14, 2013, 06:34:30 AM »
Diving-ass Ashley Young.  >:(

That wasn't no penalty.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5203 on: September 14, 2013, 07:28:45 AM »
Janzaj looking good
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5204 on: September 14, 2013, 07:57:42 AM »
Janzaj looking good
He performed well during pre-season. I expect to see big things from this player in the near future.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5205 on: September 14, 2013, 09:03:43 AM »

That wasn't no penalty.

Whatever remaining respect I had for him it has completely evaporated after today.  The second dive wasn't as blatant, but he leaned right into the path of Dikacoi and fall down, drawing the foul... which actually took place outside the box.  Can't fault the ref for the deception or the decision... linesman blew the call when called upon.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: September 14, 2013, 07:29:50 PM »

That wasn't no penalty.

Whatever remaining respect I had for him it has completely evaporated after today.  The second dive wasn't as blatant, but he leaned right into the path of Dikacoi and fall down, drawing the foul... which actually took place outside the box.  Can't fault the ref for the deception or the decision... linesman blew the call when called upon.
Yo, there is a Nike or Adidas ad-making video with Ashley Young and he seems personable and like a decent enough fellah...BUT, as ah Manu I really wish we get rid of him, as yes ah know he is ah Nashy and all dat but I really, really really can't stand him with his always-diving ass!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: September 28, 2013, 09:54:45 AM »
Apparently Moyes time is the same as what's on the ref's watch.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: September 28, 2013, 09:55:15 AM »
Oh dear.
Youtube Channel

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: September 28, 2013, 10:00:03 AM »
Nice line up Moyes!! Lost at home to WBA. What a joke!!

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: September 28, 2013, 08:35:49 PM »
Me eh have nuttin to say but de clock ticking on Moyes,,,,he eh go last long....look like come January we will be shopping for players and a manager

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: September 29, 2013, 12:39:23 AM »
Fergie really had we spoil yes, funny i never thought  bout Manu as a team to fire a coach quick, quick, quick, but at the rate Moyes going i dunno nah. Also e every time i see Pogba play i does shake meh head :(
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 08:49:28 AM by Fyzoman »
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: September 29, 2013, 12:05:05 PM »
Fergie really had we spoil yes, funny i never thought  bout Manu as a team to fire a coach quick, quick, quick, but at the rate Moyes going i dunno nah. Also e every time i see Pogba play i does shake meh head :(

I want to think that it is a personality thing with Pogba and that Fergie just didn't like him....
or maybe Fergie didn't like players whose last name started with P.....Pique
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 12:11:10 PM by MEP »

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: September 29, 2013, 01:56:45 PM »
Both Pogba and Pique wanted to leave. Pogba cuz his agent was agitating for ridiculous money.......Pique cuz he was home sick.

While I wasnt expecting much this season......I still cant accept this level of folly....by both players and coach.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: September 29, 2013, 02:07:54 PM »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: September 29, 2013, 04:08:41 PM »
Some ppl can make the case that the only world class ballers you mentioned are van Persie and Rooney. Others can make the case that the 5 are van Persie, van Persie, van Persie, van Persie and van Persie.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 04:10:19 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: September 29, 2013, 04:11:31 PM »
Moyes starting to make excuses"To win the Champions League, you need five or six world-class players," said Moyes,

So let's see Evra, Nani, van Persie,  Rooney, Valencia

Neither Nani nor Valencia are world class.  Evra was at one point, not sure he's up there anymore, same for Rooney.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: September 29, 2013, 06:25:16 PM »
Current World Class players : Rooney Vidic and RVP

Current World Class potential: Nani Kagawa Januzaj De Gea Rafael

Safe Efficient Players: Carrick Hernandez Evans....Rio and Evra are past their prime but dependable even though Rio's had a shocking start to the season

Good Squad Players: Jones Valencia Smalling Cleverley Zaha Welbeck

Out of depth: Buttner

Need to Leave : Fabio, Young, Anderson....Giggs to retire next summer

We need to have an overhaul next summer.....Rio will probably leave as he would be out of contract and 35, We need a quality Center Back to Partner Vidic and Evans will be 3rd choice...Jones can provide cover for CB and RB...Smalling is there too

Evra will leave...out of contract....hopefully get Baines in...most fans want Luke Shaw...too young and inexperienced for me...I would not mind buying both and let Shaw stay at Southampton for a year on loan and develop further while Baines and Buttner provide Left Back competition

So that's a quality CB and LB so far

Center Mid we have to add one QUALITY cm .. world class player... problem is the choices are limited...Cesc wont leave Barca now because he's featured more... Modric probably wont go anywhere either... Carrick and Fellaini will compete for the Holding Role..and new CM will start alongside one with Cleverley providing cover ....I'd break the bank for Gundogan of Dortmund...22 but possibly the best CM option out there.

We have to trim the wings...Valencia is too old school and causes us to play a rigid 4 across midfield which is outdated..I would love it If he's sold but would not mind keeping him as squad cover as he can provide RB cover and in some games when 4-4-2 can be used he could be useful

Young has to leave for his sake... Giggs has to retire too....  we are left with Nani Zaha Welbeck Januzaj Kagawa and Jesse Lingard who are all 4-2-3-1 wide men...less wingers more wide attacking mids...we have to get with the times...let the Wing Back's create the width and the Wide attacking mids come inside and contribute to the play....

Number 10 role would be for Rooney, Kagawa and Januzaj to fight and rotate for.

Strikers...RVP to lead the line, Hernandez ...Rooney can play up top alone too... promote Will Keane and bring Henriquez back from loan ..... Welbeck as emergency striker...he should be a wide man.. little goal threat but his qualities are his strength and pace , perfect for a wide attacking role.

3 quality additions...CB, LB and CM.... about 3-5 dead weight out and we'll have a good team

We have to remain patient and give Moyes his chance...he inherited a poor United...despite winning 2 EPL's in the last 3 seasons most United fans admit and recognize its one of our worst squads in a long time quality wise...alot of potential but time is running out on a few

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: September 30, 2013, 07:40:49 AM »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile