March 28, 2024, 06:32:16 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 911151 times)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #5580 on: April 28, 2014, 09:46:00 AM »
What if Simeone comes and brings his talents along ?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5581 on: April 28, 2014, 10:51:22 AM »
Klopp is a nice fit...but he eh moving just so.

Van Gaal....well.....i'd give him a year. He and REAL people go fall out.

Bielsa would be interesting....but not likely.

Rumors circulation that if PeP lose to Real this week he may not return and Ancelloti's job maybe in limbo without any trophies this year. So they may also be viable options to consider.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5582 on: April 28, 2014, 12:39:19 PM »
Klopp is a nice fit...but he eh moving just so.

Van Gaal....well.....i'd give him a year. He and REAL people go fall out.

Bielsa would be interesting....but not likely.

Rumors circulation that if PeP lose to Real this week he may not return and Ancelloti's job maybe in limbo without any trophies this year. So they may also be viable options to consider.
Yea no need to rush and sign anyone just yet. Wait till the European league's are done and see what transpires and who's available.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5583 on: April 29, 2014, 08:58:24 AM »
Hi guys,

Just popping in to see how things are going...keep up the good work.

;)

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5584 on: April 29, 2014, 09:21:56 AM »
Giggs to be the new Pep......    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5585 on: April 29, 2014, 09:30:58 AM »
LOL Giggs need to get his badges first and establish himself as a coach, maybe be on the staff as an assistant. I read some blogs with ppl talking like Giggs is going to be the savior for next season and class of '94 and the future in good hands.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5586 on: April 29, 2014, 10:14:28 AM »
'Giggs can be the next Guardiola'

Ryan Giggs delivered a “spine-tingling” team talk before his debut as interim Manchester United manager, according to goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard. The speach was reminiscent of Sir Alex Ferguson, said Lindegaard, who believes the interim manager has the potential to become the new Pep Guardiola.

Ryan Giggs' impressive debut vs. Norwich has some asking if he can be the next great manager at Manchester United.
Lindegaard was named on the bench for Giggs’ first game in caretaker charge and said he was inspired by the words the 40-year-old Welshman spoke to his players before Saturday’s 4-0 win over Norwich. He is convinced that Giggs, who played under Ferguson for 22 years, has many of the traits of the retired Scot.

“Ryan Giggs has always held a kind of professional distance to his team-mates,” said Lindegaard in his column with Betfair.com.dk. “He opened his mouth, when it was relevant, and people have always listened.

“What we have seen in the first week has been more than convincing and the parallels with Sir Alex Ferguson are striking. It is clear that Ryan Giggs has been learning from history's most awe-inspiring football manager."

Guardiola is the rare case of a manager who was appointed by a major club without serving an apprenticeship elsewhere. Lindegaard believes Giggs, who has made 962 appearances for United but has never served as manager, could emulate the former Barcelona leader who now is the boss at Bundesliga power Bayern Munich.

“It probably sounds rather naive and impetuous, and I understand people's scepticism about any conclusion drawn from the results of four workouts, a game and a day off, but to me we are dealing with a new Guardiola," said Lindegaard, who believes the 40-year-old has the ability to go from being a player to the manager without causing problems in the dressing room.

“Some might question whether it can work to go from being a team-mate to the manager from one day to the next," said the Dane. "Normally, I have my reservations, but in Giggs' case, it is another matter.”

Meanwhile, Juan Mata, who scored twice against Norwich, has thanked former manager David Moyes for bringing him to Old Trafford. The Spaniard became United’s record signing when he joined from Chelsea in January for 37.1 million pounds.

Mata wrote in his blog of Moyes, “I wish him and his technical staff the best of luck in the future, and I do thank him for his continuous interest in me and his importance during my transfer to become a Manchester United player.”
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5587 on: April 29, 2014, 11:50:05 AM »
LOL Giggs need to get his badges first and establish himself as a coach, maybe be on the staff as an assistant. I read some blogs with ppl talking like Giggs is going to be the savior for next season and class of '94 and the future in good hands.

He's in an advanced stage of completing the Pro Licence.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5588 on: April 29, 2014, 12:02:55 PM »
'Giggs can be the next Guardiola'

Ryan Giggs delivered a “spine-tingling” team talk before his debut as interim Manchester United manager, according to goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard. The speach was reminiscent of Sir Alex Ferguson, said Lindegaard, who believes the interim manager has the potential to become the new Pep Guardiola.

Ryan Giggs' impressive debut vs. Norwich has some asking if he can be the next great manager at Manchester United.
Lindegaard was named on the bench for Giggs’ first game in caretaker charge and said he was inspired by the words the 40-year-old Welshman spoke to his players before Saturday’s 4-0 win over Norwich. He is convinced that Giggs, who played under Ferguson for 22 years, has many of the traits of the retired Scot.

“Ryan Giggs has always held a kind of professional distance to his team-mates,” said Lindegaard in his column with Betfair.com.dk. “He opened his mouth, when it was relevant, and people have always listened.

“What we have seen in the first week has been more than convincing and the parallels with Sir Alex Ferguson are striking. It is clear that Ryan Giggs has been learning from history's most awe-inspiring football manager."

Guardiola is the rare case of a manager who was appointed by a major club without serving an apprenticeship elsewhere. Lindegaard believes Giggs, who has made 962 appearances for United but has never served as manager, could emulate the former Barcelona leader who now is the boss at Bundesliga power Bayern Munich.

“It probably sounds rather naive and impetuous, and I understand people's scepticism about any conclusion drawn from the results of four workouts, a game and a day off, but to me we are dealing with a new Guardiola," said Lindegaard, who believes the 40-year-old has the ability to go from being a player to the manager without causing problems in the dressing room.

“Some might question whether it can work to go from being a team-mate to the manager from one day to the next," said the Dane. "Normally, I have my reservations, but in Giggs' case, it is another matter.”

Meanwhile, Juan Mata, who scored twice against Norwich, has thanked former manager David Moyes for bringing him to Old Trafford. The Spaniard became United’s record signing when he joined from Chelsea in January for 37.1 million pounds.

Mata wrote in his blog of Moyes, “I wish him and his technical staff the best of luck in the future, and I do thank him for his continuous interest in me and his importance during my transfer to become a Manchester United player.”

One good outing against a side that's lost what 6, 7 games in a row and they already ready to call him the second coming... SMH. Will they never learn?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5589 on: April 29, 2014, 12:10:16 PM »
... won't be long before he manages Wales.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5590 on: April 29, 2014, 03:38:53 PM »
Note to the Glazers. Stay as far away as  possible from PeP because Tikki Takka will not be tolerated at Old Trafford.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5591 on: April 30, 2014, 08:16:26 AM »
Note to the Glazers. Stay as far away as  possible from PeP because Tikki Takka will not be tolerated at Old Trafford.

DAMN RITE!
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5592 on: May 01, 2014, 07:12:03 PM »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5593 on: May 03, 2014, 11:52:37 AM »
Fire Giggs!!!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #5594 on: May 03, 2014, 12:27:53 PM »
I pity the fool....

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5595 on: May 03, 2014, 02:20:18 PM »
Waaaay
Youtube Channel

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5596 on: May 03, 2014, 03:20:57 PM »
Moyes is useless!
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5597 on: May 03, 2014, 03:49:27 PM »
'The the new Pep Guardiola'... Hmmmmm

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5598 on: May 03, 2014, 05:48:30 PM »
So Giggs saying the same thing Moyes say and everyone quiet.

Giggs: Players were flat

`
Manchester United interim manager Ryan Giggs rues his side's lack of quality in the final third after their 1-nil defeat by Sunderland.
Ryan Giggs admitted he was at a loss to explain why Manchester United produced such a "flat" performance as Sunderland won at Old Trafford for the first time since 1968.

United slumped to a first defeat of interim manager Giggs' spell in caretaker charge after Sebastian Larsson scored a 30th minute winner that took the Black Cats to the brink of securing safety.

Giggs, who had beaten Norwich 4-0 in his first game in charge, was bemused by United's poor display against Sunderland.

"I still believe there is quality in the dressing room," he said in a news conference. "We showed that last week but just didn't this. The players were flat and I don't know why."

"In the first half we got some decent crosses in, and just didn't get enough people in the box. In the second half we had all the possession and just couldn't find that key pass or bit of quality to get us back in the game. I am sure if we scored one we would have gone on to score more."

It was United's seventh home league defeat of the season, a fate they had not suffered since 1973-74, when they were relegated, and Giggs could not account for their struggles at Old Trafford.

"We have shown good form away from home but at Old Trafford it seems to have been a problem," he added. "In past seasons, there would be waves and waves of shots and saves and you could always sense a goal was coming but this season it doesn't seem to have happened."

Sunderland have taken 10 points from their last four games, including a draw away at Manchester City and wins at Chelsea and United and manager Gus Poyet hailed them for a "unique" achievement after he claimed they had needed a miracle.

"What we have done in the last four games is unique, incredible," he said. "A miracle was the word I used a few weeks ago and apparently every now and again it happens."

Given their goal difference, Sunderland, who still have home games against West Brom and Swansea, could be safe on Sunday, should Norwich lose to Chelsea.

"Now it will be a shame if we don't stay up," Poyet added. "It would be crazy to lose this opportunity."

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5599 on: May 03, 2014, 07:57:18 PM »
Nobody will dare say wrong about Giggs.
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5600 on: May 03, 2014, 07:58:01 PM »
The team need rebuilding simple as that
Youtube Channel

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5601 on: May 03, 2014, 08:47:59 PM »

Yep.

These guys are professionals ... failure to deliver a quality final ball (as occurred numerous times during this game) is more than a training ground problem. There seems to also be a crisis of confidence, Norwich aside. Also, yuh could see all kind of glaringly available entry passes going unplayed due to a lack of assertiveness (and perhaps, slow movement of the ball).

Januzaj and De Gea ... I'll take those ... the rest need a bush bath.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 08:52:34 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5602 on: May 03, 2014, 10:45:41 PM »
So what about Moyes then?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5603 on: May 04, 2014, 03:51:36 AM »

Yep.

These guys are professionals ... failure to deliver a quality final ball (as occurred numerous times during this game) is more than a training ground problem. There seems to also be a crisis of confidence, Norwich aside. Also, yuh could see all kind of glaringly available entry passes going unplayed due to a lack of assertiveness (and perhaps, slow movement of the ball).

Januzaj and De Gea ... I'll take those ... the rest need a bush bath.

The Glaciers better make sure their pocket fat for Transfer time. Time to say goodbye to them old fellas yes. I hope the new coach come in and clean house
Youtube Channel

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5604 on: May 04, 2014, 12:15:28 PM »
what about him? He's gone, good riddance!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5605 on: May 05, 2014, 01:42:32 AM »

Moyes is a seasoned manager; Giggs is embarking on a fast-tracked managerial career ... but I take your point. However, I don't think the club directorate expected Moyes' departure to remedy the rot. They wanted to alleviate it and position the club to move forward.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5606 on: May 05, 2014, 08:20:19 AM »
So Giggs saying the same thing Moyes say and everyone quiet.

Giggs: Players were flat

`

Seriously? What did you expect, given that he's the interim manager? He's not supposed to be the answer. He's simply holding an end until they can hire someone to take over. So if he says the same thing as the guy who just got fired who cares?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5607 on: May 05, 2014, 10:25:12 AM »
So then the problem is the Administration then? The admin don't have the ability to select a quality manager? Excuses in one setting, but not another?

See my thing is - according to many - Man United is a big club. So, do they just get a pass on this mock-up? It seems that everyone is just shrugging their shoulders, like whatever. Where's the inquiries, the panels, the ceaseless opinions from the pundits, where have they disappeared to?

Should a big club put in place a stop-gap measure? Especially knowing that they were going to get rid of Moyes? If getting rid of Moyes was not an attempt to stop the rot, then be true to their "philosophy" and at least let him finish the season while securing a proper manager.

Just my thought.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5608 on: May 05, 2014, 11:13:09 AM »
So then the problem is the Administration then? The admin don't have the ability to select a quality manager? Excuses in one setting, but not another?

See my thing is - according to many - Man United is a big club. So, do they just get a pass on this mock-up? It seems that everyone is just shrugging their shoulders, like whatever. Where's the inquiries, the panels, the ceaseless opinions from the pundits, where have they disappeared to?

Should a big club put in place a stop-gap measure? Especially knowing that they were going to get rid of Moyes? If getting rid of Moyes was not an attempt to stop the rot, then be true to their "philosophy" and at least let him finish the season while securing a proper manager.

Just my thought.

I understand your sentiment, but there are a few things to ponder. This is a WC year so you will want to have your new manager in place so that he has an opportunity to start the rebuilding process. A player's value or cost may increase with a good showing during the summer tournament. So essentially, if you can sign a Kroos for 30 mil now, instead of waiting until after the tournament when his price tag may skyrocket. You will increase your chances of building a competitive team for the upcoming season.
I also think the management started the season preparations a bit later than expected last year, so with a new manager in place things can be ahead of scheduled.
If Giggs is not slated as the long term answer, there is no need to wait until the season ends to see what he can do.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5609 on: May 06, 2014, 02:10:17 PM »
Giggs just couldn't resist... man warming up to come on for his last Old Trafford swansong.

1]; } ?>