March 28, 2024, 06:24:35 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 911146 times)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #720 on: April 19, 2009, 04:30:39 PM »
no offense manu but real champs would have fielded their strongest side today

take nothing away from everton who never gave up and throughly deserve thier finals place

david moyes is a great manager and hope he stays on at everton for another 5 years hats off to everton

Like all yuh did yesterday Gunner? Oh wait yuh did say real CHAMPS, which your side hasn't been since 2005? Good tuh know yuh know how tuh excuse yuh self out of a conversation about CHAMPS!

das yuh best??? go watch arsenal v roma penalties and show yuh CHUMPS how to take them and show foster how to save them too

Gunner the way u talking it seems as if allyuh in the finals.

Everton did their job today. It doesnt matter which team we fielded as we still dominated with our young side.
Hats of to everton, hope they go on the win. They're a great team with a great manager.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 04:34:40 PM by sammy »
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

giggsy11

« Reply #721 on: April 19, 2009, 04:41:52 PM »

take nothing away from everton who never gave up and throughly deserve thier finals place

david moyes is a great manager and hope he stays on at everton for another 5 years hats off to everton

[/b]

Like all yuh did yesterday Gunner? Oh wait yuh did say real CHAMPS, which your side hasn't been since 2005? Good tuh know yuh know how tuh excuse yuh self out of a conversation about CHAMPS!

das yuh best??? go watch arsenal v roma penalties and show yuh CHUMPS how to take them and show foster how to save them too

Gunner you either use tuh get serious tap when yuh was younger or yuh still gettin it on a regular basis!

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 19, 2009, 05:57:12 PM »

[/b]

Gunner you either use tuh get serious tap when yuh was younger or yuh still gettin it on a regular basis!
riiight so you can't provide a good enough counter point, you resort to primary school insults genius just genius

giggsy11

« Reply #723 on: April 19, 2009, 06:04:39 PM »

[/b]

riiight so you can't provide a good enough counter point, you resort to primary school insults genius just genius

Just decided to lower myself to your leve, since come off like a rell hard head type of chap.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: April 19, 2009, 07:52:28 PM »
Gutted... but is what it is... fairness to the youths that played..they did well and gave Everton a good battle and had the better opportunities and a clear penalty but we lost in a lottery...we won the last 4 in a row...i doubted it would continue today...

hopefully we can turn these frowns upside down by extending our lead on Wednesday vs Pompey

Come on Everton...dont let yourself down in the final

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: April 19, 2009, 08:47:12 PM »
allyuh take in ferguson reaction to not getting that penalty today? lol

surprised that no one mentioning how Moyes comments about Mike Riley in midweek might have factored in that decision. You get the feeling that no matter what, Riley wasn't giving Man Utd a penalty for nothing today. whole week they calling the man a Man Utd fan all kinda ting.

Riley imo is a weak character and does get intimidated easy. Good job by Moyes to work de mind games beforehand.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: April 19, 2009, 08:49:09 PM »
Gutted... but is what it is... fairness to the youths that played..they did well and gave Everton a good battle and had the better opportunities and a clear penalty but we lost in a lottery...we won the last 4 in a row...i doubted it would continue today...

hopefully we can turn these frowns upside down by extending our lead on Wednesday vs Pompey

Come on Everton...dont let yourself down in the final

Have you all ever lost a game or get beat?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #727 on: April 20, 2009, 02:34:31 AM »
allyuh take in ferguson reaction to not getting that penalty today? lol

surprised that no one mentioning how Moyes comments about Mike Riley in midweek might have factored in that decision. You get the feeling that no matter what, Riley wasn't giving Man Utd a penalty for nothing today. whole week they calling the man a Man Utd fan all kinda ting.

Riley imo is a weak character and does get intimidated easy. Good job by Moyes to work de mind games beforehand.

yuh mean this?

Fergie does the Iwer aka Ferguson confronts fourth official Alan Wiley over Riley decision

Ferguson said: "I've no idea if it affected the decision but it may have. It can prey on a referee's mind."

"Why would Welbeck go down when he had the goalkeeper stranded out of his goal? It was a major decision and unfortunately it has gone against us."
When the best diver in the game is not around to con the ref, somebody needs to do the dirty work of cheating. The boy is only learning from the best, CRonaldo.

Rio Ferdinand said: "We don't get many penalties these days. Referees are reluctant to give them to us. Maybe they're are being put under pressure by people in the media."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/fa_cup/8007363.stm
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 20, 2009, 03:01:56 PM »
 :devil: :devil: Well done Everton.

Now alyuh watch the Gunners knock them out the Champions League.

Nuttin for Manicou this rounds.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 20, 2009, 05:24:35 PM »
There was little IF ANY contact on Wellbeck... it looked to me that he dragged his feet to ensure contact with the goalie before crumbling into a pile.  Why would he go down Fergie asks?  Well, because that's what he's been conditioned to do... seek contact and look for a penalty when in the box.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: April 20, 2009, 06:35:42 PM »
all haters does think alike boy.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

giggsy11

« Reply #731 on: April 20, 2009, 06:44:47 PM »
all haters does think alike boy.

Just a little something more for them to hate about!

The Independent

How Brazilian twins became an ideal match for Ferguson

]Rafael and Fabio de Silva had their first start as Manchester United's full-backs on Sunday.

Ian Herbert reveals the story of how they forged the perfect partnership

Tuesday, 21 April 20 2009

Rafael and Fabio da Silva during their time with Fluminense. Manchester United beat off strong competition from Arsenal and Real Madrid to sign the twins, who played together for the first time in the first team on Sunday.
'
Among the few consolations for Sir Alex Ferguson amid the ashes of Manchester United's quintuple hopes yesterday was the knowledge that two of his old adversaries would have had to endure watching the twin teenagers he signed from under their noses play together for the first time. Rafael and Fabio da Silva have revealed that Arsène Wenger wanted to take them to take them to Arsenal and that Real Madrid also tried to lure them to the Bernabeu, having watched them play for the Brazil Under-17 side, captained by Rafael.

The brothers, whose closeness stretches from their identical Ben Sherman luggage on European away trips to consecutive squad numbers (20 and 21) and matching toothbrushes in the house United have found for them, have also revealed something about why Ferguson beat Wenger to the punch on this occasion. The club's "hard work" paid dividends, they say, and Ferguson – or "Señor Alex" as they have taken to call him – has evidently made an impression too. "He always speaks well and is always very supportive of us," Fabio says. "He really likes to know what people are like both on and off the field. But he jokes around with us too."

There is a seemingly perfect symmetry about the two defensive bookends: Rafael at right-back and Fabio, considered by many to be the more naturally gifted of the two but limited by shoulder and calf injuries this season, on the left. But Fabio reveals, in an interview with the Manchester University student magazine, that he is right-footed just like his brother and has cultivated the left foot, which prevents the two competing for the same spot. It was their manager at Fluminense, Edgar Pereira, who deployed Fabio at left back and Rafael on the right and it stuck. "I'm right-footed but I'm comfortable with my left too," Fabio reveals.
There are differences. Fabio is the more serious and introverted of the brothers, who married his 17-year-old girlfriend, Barbara, before they left Brazil for Manchester, so that she could be with him. "I'm serious like that, I like being at home," he says. The wedding is a source of amusement for Rafael but it has helped Ferguson, who admits that Fabio's wedding ring is the only point of differentiation between the two.

The twins' story is that of many young Brazilians. They grew up in an impoverished district of Petropolis, an hour's drive from Rio de Janeiro, were spotted playing in a five-a-side tournament near Fluminense, the team they had always dreamt of representing, and upped sticks, aged 11, in the hope of making their name. Playing for Fluminense's superb youth side in the Nike Premier Cup Under-15s tournament in Hong Kong, which United also contest, they were spotted three years ago by the club's then academy manager, Les Kershaw.

So began many months of frustration, in which the brothers remained at Fluminense for the year it took them to turn 18 and become eligible to apply for work permits in the United Kingdom under the Portuguese nationality they could claim through their grandfather. They feel Fluminense should have allowed them to play in that time. "It was so hard, and totally unfair. If you are a footballer, you just have to play," says Fabio.

The entire family clan eventually decamped to Manchester. The brothers' parents and Fabio's young wife arrived with the twins' older brother, Luis Henrique, who had played for Brescia in Italy, and his own wife. Henrique tried to ply his trade with non-league Radcliffe Borough before returning to Brazil. It was – and remains – a period of adjustment with no little yearning, from Fabio in particular, for the land of their birth. "I like it here but it doesn't compare to Brazil. We have a lot of friends from our time there, our best friends in the world are from there," Fabio says.

But a general air of bonhomie around Carrington – with Rio Ferdinand and Patrice Evra's practical jokes, carried out on the twins' Brazilian compatriot Anderson – seems to have gone a long way to helping the two settle in. "He is a really good friend of ours," Rafael says of Ferdinand. "Of course, he is serious when he has to be, but really he is the biggest joker on the team. We love to have him on our team in training; he is always messing about with the ball with [Cristiano] Ronaldo and playing tricks on the other players with Patrice. Once, Anderson came to training in his slippers, and they set fire to his slippers and tipped cream out all over them. During training everyone is serious. But the most serious would be [Paul] Scholes."

Rafael is the one who has marked himself out, his performance in the 3-0 Champions League win in Aalborg and his goal against Arsenal at the Emirates in November proving the high points. "The ball just came to me and I thought ... shoot!" Rafael recalls. "At the time I really didn't feel a thing, it didn't click that I'd scored against Arsenal." But it has been hard to discern much competitiveness between them, despite Fabio's slower start in England. "I actually get more nervous when he is playing than when I am," Rafael says. "That's what we're like really, we get more nervous for each other," adds his brother.

There is a difference of opinion on whether they might forgo the chance to represent Brazil, with Ferguson's former assistant Carlos Queiroz keen to tie them into his Portuguese national set-up. "We want to play for Brazil, but if that doesn't happen, I could play for Portugal," says Rafael. "I don't think there's anything wrong with players who play for Portugal, as long as they don't forget where they were born and their culture." Fabio is less convinced. "It's my dream to play for Brazil," he said. But for now, establishing roles at United is a priority– with Evra, for all his tomfoolery, a formidable obstacle.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 07:01:10 PM by giggsy11 »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: April 22, 2009, 12:33:36 PM »
STRIKER ON THE MOVE?
Tevez admits he's likely to leave Old Trafford
By Soccernet staff

Manchester United striker Carlos Tevez has moved closer to a summer exit from the club after admitting he needs to be playing regular first team football and be selected for the big games.

Tevez: Unlikely to stay

The 25-year-old's two-year loan from Kia Joorabchian's Media Sports Investments (MSI) is up at the end of the current season and there has been little to suggest the Premier League champions have attempted to secure a permanent deal.

The Red Devils are likely to have been put off by the reputed £30m price tag slapped on the player by Joorabchian, especially as Tevez has played second fiddle to Wayne Rooney and Dimitar Berbatov for most of the campaign.

The Argentina international has started half of United's Premier League games this term, with a total of 31 starts in all competition and a further 13 appearances from the bench, scoring 13 goals.

Speaking to Radio Del Plata, Tevez said: "I have many offers, not only from Spain: I need to see which club I can go to and what can be done. We must not only consider the money, I also have to ensure my family feel comfortable, especially my daughter. So I have a lot to think about.

"Even if you score three or four goals, you do not play in another game. There are many very good players but I need to play. I have trained every day and never said anything against my team-mates or anyone but it is true that there are other options for next season.

"There are many players and they all need to play but I have not lost my place because of what I did when I played. I have not played in important matches. The 'clasico' against Chelsea, I did not play. Those are the games that I like to play in."

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 22, 2009, 02:55:26 PM »
tee hee

:wavetowel:
(Muslim)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: April 22, 2009, 02:58:03 PM »
3 points..clean sheet

top of the league and that's a fact

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: April 22, 2009, 04:24:22 PM »
3 points..clean sheet

top of the league and that's a fact

You around? What happen since the weekend?

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: April 22, 2009, 04:32:16 PM »
great victory in securin another epl title.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: April 23, 2009, 11:20:55 AM »
great victory in securin another epl title.

Glory Glory Man United :beermug: :devil:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: April 24, 2009, 11:07:04 PM »
[MANCHESTER UNITED held talks with Kaka yesterday over a sensational summer move.

The Brazilian’s representatives met United to discuss personal terms which would total £35million in wages alone.

A source close to the AC Milan superstar confirmed: “It was a very positive meeting, although nothing was agreed.

“The player wants a five-year contract and wages of £135,000 a week. He is very keen to join United and these are figures that are within United’s pay structure. It’s up to them what happens now.”

The talks did not involve any discussion about a transfer fee but Milan expect to get at least £70m for their star player.

The big question now is how United will find the cash — and whether they will sell Cristiano Ronaldo in the summer to Real Madrid.

Kaka, 27, has already spoken of his affinity for United, saying: “They have some great players in Giggs and Scholes and especially Wayne Rooney.

“One of my best friends, Anderson, is also there — how can anyone say no?

“They are the English and European champions and a great club to play for.”
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2395301.ece

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: April 24, 2009, 11:08:13 PM »
United eye Tevez Stay

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has insisted the he is doing everything he can to ensure Carlos Tevez remains at the club.

The Argentine's future is currently the subject of conjecture as he comes to the end of a two-year loan deal.

United are keen to extend his stay but it has been suggested Tevez could seek a move elsewhere, with Liverpool the latest to be mooted as suitors, come the end of the season.

The forward's playing time has been reduced since the summer arrival of Dimitar Berbatov, but Ferguson is 'working towards' a new agreement with the player.

"Whether the games he has played are important games or not is a different question but he has played in quite a few big games," said Ferguson. "I don't want him to be unhappy because he is an important player for us.

"The difficulty is when you have got the options I have got - I bought another striker in with Berbatov, as well as having the option of playing (Cristiano) Ronaldo as a striker - you create problems for yourself because all good players want to play in every game.

"But they can't play in every game in this league - it is impossible. I think he genuinely wants to stay here and that is something we are trying to work towards.

"I have told him that repeatedly. And there is not much more I can do."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5234336,00.html

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: April 24, 2009, 11:09:31 PM »
Manchester United know the visit of Tottenham Hotspur is going to be a pivotal fixture in their quest for Premier League glory.

Wednesday's victory over Portsmouth saw United reclaim top spot in the league and the result puts Sir Alex Ferguson's side firmly in the driving seat to match Liverpool's record of 18 titles.

With time running out for the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea to catch the Red Devils, bosses Rafa Benitez and Gus Hiddink will be hoping Spurs can do them a favour.

Harry Redknapp has turned the ship around at White Hart Lane by steering the Londoners away from relegation and has eyes on a place in next season's Europa League.

Redknapp, who masterminded FA Cup victories over United during spells at West Ham and Pompey, faces the sternest of tasks to claim even a point at a ground where Tottenham rarely get anything.
Nightmare

The Theatre of Dreams has been one of nightmares for Spurs with only three draws from their last 16 visits to Old Trafford, but at least Redknapp's side come into the game with the better league form of the two sides.

The midweek win for United came at a price with the injuries to Gary Neville and John O'Shea, the former is ruled out of Saturday's teatime fixture but O'Shea has made a shock recovery and could feature.

Ferguson has been boosted by the return of Wes Brown after the defender featured for the reserves twice this week, but the United boss may consider the defender too rusty to start so Rafael may get the nod at right-back.

Rio Ferdinand has been described as the key figure in the Red Devils' title bid by former Red David May and the England international is set to return at the heart of United's defence after being rested for the 2-0 win over Pompey.

Spurs boost

Jermaine Jenas could return for Tottenham after missing Sunday's 1-0 victory over struggling Newcastle with a hamstring injury.

But Spurs, who are unbeaten in six games against the top four this season, look set to be without the services of Michael Dawson and Roman Pavlyuchenko.

Dawson is out for three weeks after partially tearing ankle ligaments in last weekend's win so Johnathan Woodgate and Ledley King are expected to be the centre-back partnership.

Pavlyuchenko had hoped to recover from a back injury, but the United fixture appears to have come too soon for the Russian striker.

Alan Hutton impressed in his substitute appearance against the Magpies and may pip Vedran Corluka to a starting berth at right-back.

Possible starting XIs:

Man Utd: Van der Sar, Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand, Rafael, Park, Scholes, Carrick, Ronaldo, Berbatov, Rooney.

Tottenham: Gomes, Assou-Ekotto, King, Woodgate, Hutton, Modric, Palacios, Jenas, Lennon, Bent, Keane.

http://www.skysports.com/football/match_preview/0,19764,11065_3005478,00.html

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: April 25, 2009, 12:09:46 AM »
[MANCHESTER UNITED held talks with Kaka yesterday over a sensational summer move.

The Brazilian’s representatives met United to discuss personal terms which would total £35million in wages alone.

A source close to the AC Milan superstar confirmed: “It was a very positive meeting, although nothing was agreed.

“The player wants a five-year contract and wages of £135,000 a week. He is very keen to join United and these are figures that are within United’s pay structure. It’s up to them what happens now.”

The talks did not involve any discussion about a transfer fee but Milan expect to get at least £70m for their star player.

The big question now is how United will find the cash — and whether they will sell Cristiano Ronaldo in the summer to Real Madrid.

Kaka, 27, has already spoken of his affinity for United, saying: “They have some great players in Giggs and Scholes and especially Wayne Rooney.

“One of my best friends, Anderson, is also there — how can anyone say no?

“They are the English and European champions and a great club to play for.”
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2395301.ece

WHAT!!!!!!!

Kaka for Ronaldo hmmmmmm could be a good move. i just worry about all the injuries he gets.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: April 25, 2009, 04:48:56 AM »
ah good move nah u n serious. kaka and ronladinho  are yet to reach 30 but already they are both past there  best. they are still better than the avg player but i very dependent on their past glories now. sad but true
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: April 25, 2009, 08:57:19 AM »
ah calling it 1st. spurs winning 2day. actually i think the  champs league semifinalist  have to scrape wins 2day  as they seek to rest key players
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: April 25, 2009, 10:05:01 AM »
ah calling it 1st. spurs winning 2day. actually i think the  champs league semifinalist  have to scrape wins 2day  as they seek to rest key players

come nah man....ease up on the goat mouth .

Go United.

----------------------
what allyuh think bout a player like Ribery to replace CR?
(Muslim)

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: April 25, 2009, 10:09:35 AM »
man u  not resting any player they going full 100

Offline freakazoid

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: April 25, 2009, 11:06:18 AM »
the way lennon crossing i think  is best beckham head back to galaxy  now. cause lennon  have the right wing lock

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: April 25, 2009, 11:09:21 AM »
Spurs 2   v Man United 0

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 25, 2009, 11:12:22 AM »
What happen here. i just change the channel and can't believe i seeing 2-0 Tottenham. :rotfl:

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #749 on: April 25, 2009, 11:13:13 AM »
Spurs 2   v Man United 0

Evra getting abused, Fergie go have to call social services at halftime.

Gomes looking like a star so far.
throw parties, not grenades.

1]; } ?>