April 16, 2024, 06:30:02 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 916059 times)

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #840 on: May 14, 2009, 02:16:51 AM »
found this 1 of the boy wonder...

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: May 14, 2009, 04:24:15 AM »
in the words of stewie,"what the hell?" :rotfl:
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: May 14, 2009, 06:48:37 AM »
 :rotfl:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: May 14, 2009, 06:56:15 AM »
 :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: May 14, 2009, 08:06:31 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: May 14, 2009, 08:13:25 AM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

he look more scared than anything

Offline nnyman18

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: May 14, 2009, 03:33:45 PM »
Ronnie's thoughts "Whey and me gul say tha man drop she home last night and it was no scene. I ain't to sure about that now nah"  ??? ???
I LOVE THIS GAME BETTER THAN I LOVE THIS GAME

giggsy11

« Reply #847 on: May 14, 2009, 07:28:58 PM »

[/b]Manchester United are on the verge of signing Brazilian teenager Dodo in a £5 million deal.

By Telegraph staff
Last Updated: 9:27AM BST 13 May 2009

Brazilian magic: Dodo will find compatriots in the Premier League Photo: AFP
The 17-year-old defender - full name Jose Rodolfo Pires Ribeiro Dodo - plays for Corinthians in his native Brazil, but reports suggest he will complete a move to Old Trafford in February 2010.

Dodo, who has a Portuguese background, holds an EC passport which means the proposed move will not get bogged down in red tape. And the player himself is looking forward to playing for the Premier League and European champions, who already have a number of Brazilians on their books, most notably the Da Silva twins, Fabio and Rafael, and Anderson.

Dodo, who is a member of the Brazil U17 national side, said: "As there are already some Brazilians in England, I suppose that I am going to get adapted easier.

"I have never played with the Fabio and Rafael, neither with Anderson, but it's good for me to have them near. Even Cristiano Ronaldo as he speaks in Portuguese.

"I returned from being on duty with the U17 national team and only had time to be with my parents for a few hours. I received the instructions to travel to England.

"Every player dreams to play in the national team and then be transferred to a European team. I am doing that.

"Next year I will join the first team of Manchester United. I am going to play next to the best players of the world."

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: May 14, 2009, 09:08:32 PM »
the amount ah men i see they sign that never play lol in the past
Youtube Channel

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: May 14, 2009, 10:58:07 PM »
my mudder use to call me dat ...DODO
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline scarface

• Hero Warrior
  • ultra del vicchia signora
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: May 15, 2009, 03:34:55 AM »

& was it followed by the word "head" when she called u that?  ;D

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: May 15, 2009, 04:48:48 AM »

& was it followed by the word "head" when she called u that?  ;D

LOL @ Scarface......Damn Big mag uo taking dat soooooooooooooooooooo..................

Setting basket
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: May 15, 2009, 07:30:14 AM »
 :devil: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Youtube Channel

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: May 15, 2009, 07:39:40 AM »
is true...head was included...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: May 15, 2009, 07:48:25 AM »
One..what position does he play?

Two...dahs 5 Brazillians now...de twins...ando....possebon...and dodo. Hmm...and all young. Interesting.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

giggsy11

« Reply #855 on: May 15, 2009, 11:22:03 AM »

Two...dahs 5 Brazillians now...de twins...ando....possebon...and dodo. Hmm...and all young. Interesting.

Center back; likened to a Rio type of defender.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 15, 2009, 11:53:43 AM »

who ?DODO head?  :rotfl: :beermug:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

giggsy11

« Reply #857 on: May 15, 2009, 05:30:48 PM »

My boy! There is only one Ryan Giggs!

Why Ryan Giggs feels this season is the best yet

Socks rolled down, shin-pads out, Ryan Giggs's legs reveal the cost of glory. His right shin is a shredded-to-ribbons mess, scarred with cuts and bruises sustained guiding the ball through hostile territory. Manchester United suffer for their beautiful art.

By Henry Winter, Football Correspondent
Last Updated: 10:01PM BST 15 May 2009

Just champion: Ryan Giggs, who can win his 11th league winners' medal against Arsenal today, says he is delighted to have been voted PFA Player of the Year Photo: PA
As United search for the point against Arsenal today that brings an 18th title, and an 11th for Giggs, the really scary part for their rivals is their enduring toughness as well as their talent, their willingness to absorb the impact of an opponent's fury en route to goal. Sir Alex Ferguson and his players crave more: more challenges, more trophies.

Long acquaintance with victory podiums has simply deepened the hunger of competitors like Giggs. His story is United's story, an insight into the psyche of champions. "The first time I won the league [in 1993], I celebrated for a week,'' recalls Giggs, a sinewy 35-year-old sitting at Carrington, awaiting the cherished call for training.

Sir Alex Ferguson's Manchester United are made of right stuff"With the way it ended in Barcelona [snatching the Champions League in 1999], the buzz lasted ages. It was just a dream that we had been trying to do since we won the league. In Moscow last year, I had a few beers and was one of the first up to bed. I was thinking about next year, got to do back-to-back Champions Leagues, that's the challenge, no one has ever done it.''

Giggs believes United can dominate this era as Real Madrid, Ajax, Liverpool and AC Milan owned past decades. "We are definitely capable of that because of the [relatively young] age of the team. If we win it in Rome [against Barcelona] it will give us unbelievable confidence to do it again next season.''

Three in a row?! "I look for challenges – that's what drives me on. When we lose, it is a little easier to take because I come home, my daughter says something funny, and that's it, I just relax. But I am moody. I go through what I could have done better. I can't wait for the next game to put it right.

"A lot of people said I couldn't top last season, breaking the appearance record of Sir Bobby Charlton, scoring against Wigan [to win title] and the Champions League final, but it's been better this season. I have enjoyed this season more than any other.''

His peers voted him Player of the Year and he finished runners-up to Steven Gerrard in the writers' poll. "Personal awards come second to winning leagues but I was really pleased to get that PFA award – at 35. Over the last couple of weeks, I've got 'How have you won the PFA Player of the Year?' I got it at Middlesbrough. Just as I was taking a corner, the whole stand sang: 'Player of the year? You're having a laugh!' Brilliant! I scored straight after so I gave them a wave!

"I get opposing fans saying they respect me, which is great to hear. I was at Chester Races the other week, and a couple of people came up and said: 'We're Scousers, we're Liverpool fans but we respect you and the way you play'.''

United themselves generate more respect because of the intoxicating nature of their football, for their resilience and also because they are less confrontational than before. "The characters have definitely changed from the players in the past like Roy [Keane], Sparky [Mark Hughes], Peter Schmeichel, [Eric] Cantona,'' agrees Giggs.

"Wayne [Rooney] is a bit like that with his fiery attitude but it's a different sort of steely attitude we have got. Those players were all great footballers but when it went wrong, they could stick the foot in as well. We are more dependent on our footballing ability. But we are not a soft touch. We have tough players right through the spine of the team – Rooney, Scholesy, Vidic. There's a good team spirit, It's not a quiet team. No! Not with Gary [Neville] about!''

Thinking of Neville and Rio Ferdinand, Giggs argues that the dressing-room teems with captaincy-types. "There are a lot of natural leaders – and leaders among the young players like Cristiano Ronaldo and Rooney. Anderson could be. Because of his nature, his enthusiasm, everybody loves him.

"Ronaldo is a leader because of the way he plays. He gets respect because of what he has achieved in such a short space of time. He has every attribute to be the best player in the world. Ronaldo is a strong character which he needs with what he's gone through.

"Physically, he's unbelievable, strong, tough. I have seen the cynical tackles made on Ronaldo – worse than the tackles made 15 years ago. Cristiano takes more tackles than anyone else. His ankles are [battered]. He has also had a good apprenticeship. The first couple of years were quiet for him, and people were 'umming' and 'arring' [about whether he'd make it]. He worked hard on his game.''

Everyone at United works hard: the legacy of Cantona. "Eric would always stay out, practising shooting and we'd stay out with him. It's almost become second nature. The manager was always calling us in! He was worried we'd get injured booting too many balls, tiring ourselves out.''

The manager. Ferguson's astonishing hunger "filters down to the staff and the players'', Giggs observes. "He has so many qualities. His man-management is very, very good. Because he has that instant respect, when he says 'I'm not playing you this week, I'm saving you for another week' I trust him.''

Has Ferguson changed? "He doesn't go off his head as much as he used to! That's maturing. He's also happy with the players he has got over the last four or five years and the football we've been playing. Even when Chelsea won the league a couple of times [2005 and 2006], he had the patience to know this team will be good in a couple of years.''

Ferguson has also developed the team from the 4-4-2 to the more fluid 4-3-3. "The manager wanted to change it after the European Cup [of 99] and not to become too predictable. Back then, we were so used to playing 4-4-2. Now it [4-3-3] is second nature. Wayne can play upfront on his own, on the left. Cristiano can play anywhere. He's got the ability to play through the middle – he scores important goals. Where do you have your goalscorer?! Upfront! Maybe if he plays on the wing, people can pick him up more.

"It's a lot more flexible. Carrick, Fletch, Scholes, myself – we have so many personnel to do it. I think to myself: 'Have I always been a central midfielder?!' When I was quicker, I played just off the front a lot of times, off Ruud [van Nistelrooy] and Andy Cole, so playing more central is not strange to me.''

Giggs began as a flying winger, leaving right-backs with "twisted blood'' in Ferguson's great phrase. Not all. "Inter's Javier Zanetti was difficult to play against – tough, quick, strong, runs forward. So was Cafu, another nightmare. I was running back all the time. With 4-4-2 my job was to look after the right-back. If he got a cross in, it was my fault.

"I always found it hard against Lee Dixon. Experienced players always know when to close you down, when to let have you the ball. The first few minutes Dixon would let me know he was about, put his foot in, and get away with it! The next time I'd get the ball, I'd think: 'Is he going to do it again'?''

Giggs laments the passing of famous old arenas like Dixon's old Arsenal stamping ground. "The Emirates is nothing like Highbury. I like the old grounds, places where they test you. We never used to do well down at The Dell. I like atmospheres like Anfield and Elland Road, experiencing the ferocity of the fans towards you, the intense rivalry. We knew we had to perform. When I was younger, I used to get abuse off the Leeds fans, who sang things like 'There's only one spotty virgin'.

"I like the intense atmosphere where we are not just playing the team, we are playing their fans as well. I've never experienced anything like Galatasaray. Two hours before kick-off, we went out to have a look at the pitch and the stadium was packed! The chanting was brilliant: one side starts, then the other, then quiet, then all of them chanting! The players really enjoyed it. Before it was good, after it wasn't!'' (United's players ran the gauntlet of riot police and fans, who bricked their coach.)

Giggs will miss all this, the camaraderie, the pursuit of trophies. Yet he shows no sign of losing his edge, physically or mentally. "I am heavier, not as quick, but my body is more flexible through doing yoga. Rest is really, really important. After a game, I'm knackered. I go home and get into bed at 7pm, watch TV and have an early night.''

And the future? Management? Giggs pauses. He has begun acquiring his coaching badges. "When I did the course at Lilleshall last year, I was nervous. I was crap at the beginning but the more I did, the more I enjoyed it. People fall into management. You see Alan Shearer now – he will probably be there [at Newcastle United] for 10 years. Sparky fell into the Welsh job. I hear you get the bug. After playing, what do you do? You look for another challenge. Football's my life.''

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 15, 2009, 07:43:47 PM »
hopefully we will wrap it up tom.LETS GO UNITED.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 15, 2009, 07:55:42 PM »
Did,nt UTD signed a players from Angola called Manucho or something like that.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #860 on: May 15, 2009, 09:54:10 PM »
Did,nt UTD signed a players from Angola called Manucho or something like that.

He on loan at Hull.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 15, 2009, 10:41:03 PM »
what time this game is?
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 16, 2009, 06:20:18 AM »
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 06:42:27 AM by Die.Hard.Warrior »
Youtube Channel

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 16, 2009, 06:46:18 AM »
steups...i thought games was starting 8.45 yes.....i miss first half...

anyhow....lets go Utd.
(Muslim)

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 16, 2009, 07:09:22 AM »
Fergie thankful for Gunners helpby RivalsDM
Sir Alex Ferguson claims equalling Liverpool's record of championship wins was the last thing on his mind when he joined United in 1986.

The Merseyside giants had finished top on 18 occasions before Manchester United managed their first triumph under Ferguson in 1993.

At the time, it seemed like a seminal moment in itself. Little could Ferguson have imagined that 16 years later he would stand on the brink of matching the Anfield outfit, who he famously told he would "knock off their perch" when he first came south from Aberdeen.

United will not knock Liverpool off their perch by getting the point against Arsenal on Saturday that would see them collect an 11th Premier League.

However, it will be enough to let them shuffle up alongside, knowing one more big shove could tumble Rafael Benitez's men off altogether.

"I never even thought about moving level with Liverpool," said Ferguson.

"My first intention was to win one and break the stranglehold Liverpool had on the title.

"You don't think about how it would open the door in terms of what we see now. The big challenge was that first one."

Ironically it took Arsenal's assistance to prise away Liverpool's dominance of the domestic game.

In winning titles under George Graham in 1989 and 1991, the Gunners showed United the correct path to follow.

They could not quite make it in 1992. But 12 months later began an era of unparalleled success, and it has taken just 17 seasons to complete 11 championship wins, compared to the 18 Liverpool managed it in from 1973.

"We were a long way behind in terms of titles won," acknowledged Ferguson.

"But we were helped by Arsenal winning it a couple of times. That changed the picture a little bit."

Ironically, United are venturing into new territory on Saturday.

Of those last 11 successes, only one was completed in front of their own fans at Old Trafford.

And in 1999 it was very much a do-or-die encounter with Tottenham, in which they trailed before David Beckham and Andy Cole scored the goals that sealed the first part of that historic treble.

This time around, the Red Devils approach their date with destiny knowing they have another - at Hull next Sunday - in reserve should things go wrong.

Nevertheless, Ferguson is eager to get the job done immediately, to give his players the maximum preparation time for the Champions League final with Barcelona in Rome on May 27.

The desire to put on a performance for the world's fastest man, Usain Bolt, who was at United's Carrington training ground this morning and will be in the director's box to watch his favourite team tomorrow is a bonus, as is the strength of United's opponents.

Arsenal may have suffered another fearful home battering by Chelsea since their own European dream was crushed by the Red Devils.

Yet Ferguson knows their presence should ensure no-one in his squad starts to think the job has already been completed.

"Arsenal are a threat," he said.

"They are a good side with great potential which you cannot dismiss.

"Without question they will attack us. They will not change the way they play.

"We expected two good games in the semi-final and we got them and that is the way it will be tomorrow.

"They have had a bit of criticism recently and they will want to register their abilities on a day when everyone expects Manchester United to win the title."

While Arsenal may well give a better account of themselves, few outside Anfield believe United will be denied now.

Rio Ferdinand's ongoing calf problem means he will join Bolt in the stands, but everyone else will want to be involved to launch the trophy presentation in style.

"I have always said I don't care where we win it," said Ferguson.

"It is unusual and strange that we have won it four times elsewhere but only done it once out of 10 at Old Trafford.

"Now we have another opportunity to win it in front of our own fans tomorrow. It would be nice to do it."

soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 16, 2009, 07:18:51 AM »
STUEPS i dont want tevez to leave, sell slow poke  :'(
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 16, 2009, 07:45:02 AM »
hard luck the trophy is ours bitches  :beermug:

Youtube Channel

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 16, 2009, 07:47:21 AM »

Congratulations Man U.

It took you twenty years, but you've finally tied Liverpool's mark.

Well Done.

;D

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: May 16, 2009, 07:48:45 AM »
WE are the CHAMPIONS...my friends........... (& haters)
We are the champions
we are the champions
no one can beat us
cause we are the champions......

:cheers: :wavetowel: :applause: :applause: :notworthy: :party: :whip: :wavetowel:
(Muslim)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 16, 2009, 07:50:41 AM »

Congratulations Man U.

It took you twenty years, but you've finally tied Liverpool's mark.

Well Done.

;D

Thanks but how many years it took u to make that mark? allyuh come like west indies.....boasting on past glories ;D
(Muslim)

1]; } ?>