March 28, 2024, 05:45:40 PM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 911507 times)

Offline RedDevils

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #870 on: May 16, 2009, 07:51:31 AM »
Congrats UNITED, well done.  :devil:

Glory Glory Man-United.
Glory, Glory MANUTD.

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: May 16, 2009, 07:51:52 AM »
well done Braveheart and Man U
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 07:56:01 AM by Werklmann »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: May 16, 2009, 07:53:01 AM »
Not clean but ah go take it.....Glory Glory Man United......
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

giggsy11

« Reply #873 on: May 16, 2009, 07:55:37 AM »
Well worth the wait, always got to make things difficult! I am glad Berba and Raphael got medals, looking forward to seeing their faces when they get them.
Thank God I am a United fan and that's a FACT!
Rooonay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won a bet from a Liverstool fan so I will be getting my Roooonay shirt courtesy of that Liverstool fan!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 16, 2009, 07:57:05 AM »
18 times that's a fact  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: May 16, 2009, 07:59:35 AM »
hard luck the trophy is ours bitches  :beermug:

Congratulations Man U.

It took you twenty years, but you've finally tied Liverpool's mark.

Well Done.

;D

Thanks but how many years it took u to make that mark? allyuh come like west indies.....boasting on past glories ;D

Touché.

;D

giggsy11

« Reply #876 on: May 16, 2009, 08:00:49 AM »
Liverstool still hasn't won the EPL and that's a FACT! Are you watching yuh extra fat Spanish waiter?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: May 16, 2009, 08:02:43 AM »
thank god they aint cut meh feed i want to see the trophy presentation
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #878 on: May 16, 2009, 08:04:55 AM »
thank god they aint cut meh feed i want to see the trophy presentation

Like the camera man/woman sleeping cause we seeing on Setanta is crowd shots! Steeeeups!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: May 16, 2009, 08:12:00 AM »
dey cut it now :(
Youtube Channel

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: May 16, 2009, 08:17:16 AM »
thank god for live streams AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA RED DEVILS!!!!!!!!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: May 16, 2009, 08:18:31 AM »
CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS CHAMPIONS

18 TIMES AND THAT'S A FACT

ARE YOU WATCHING MERSEYSIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: May 16, 2009, 08:20:53 AM »
Liverstool still hasn't won the EPL and that's a FACT!
eh?
dais ah technicality
they had won the Football League before 1992 not so? ;D
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: May 16, 2009, 08:35:16 AM »
1 more for quadruple   :devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: May 16, 2009, 08:38:09 AM »
Yuh think Torres regretting that he went to Liverfool and not United  :rotfl:

giggsy11

« Reply #885 on: May 16, 2009, 08:54:58 AM »
eh?
dais ah technicality

Westcoast wey yuh been? Ah hope I aint blowing yuh cover! ;D

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: May 16, 2009, 09:23:32 AM »
eh?
dais ah technicality

Westcoast wey yuh been? Ah hope I aint blowing yuh cover! ;D

:o WHATTTT!!   Werklmann is really west coast?  :timeout:

;D
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: May 16, 2009, 09:35:08 AM »
he does never fool me, he post count does give him away  :devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: May 16, 2009, 10:22:28 AM »
FACKT
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: May 16, 2009, 10:39:45 AM »
Congrats Manchester United. Best team this season, and well deserved.  :beermug:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: May 16, 2009, 01:35:33 PM »
I will say congratulations.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: May 16, 2009, 02:35:16 PM »
Manchester United crowned Premier League championsAssociated Press
Manchester United won a third title in a row Saturday with a 0-0 draw against Arsenal that produced the point required to clinch its record-equaling 18th championship.

When Alex Ferguson took over at Old Trafford in 1986 he declared he wanted to knock the then dominant Liverpool "off their perch," and his side has now matched Liverpool's title record.

"That was the target because they were the greatest side in the land," Ferguson said. "But I never thought we could get 11 titles - never in a million years."

The 67-year-old Scot said he had no plans to retire anytime soon.

"It makes you want to go on for ever," Ferguson said.

Ryan Giggs has been part of United's team for each of its 11 Premier League triumphs masterminded by Ferguson since the 1992-3 season.

"It's been a special time at the club since the manager took over and we've managed to win so much," Giggs said. "Hopefully we can carry on."

Giggs won't have long to wait for another medal. The Welshman can win a third European Cup - and deliver Ferguson's 26th major trophy with United - in the May 27 final against Barcelona.

The draw put United out of reach of second-place Liverpool, which is seven points behind and has two games to play.

"It was the longest 90 minutes in history," Ferguson said. "There was only one save in the match - it was a cautious match."

Despite a lackluster game, the final whistle set off a massive title celebration at Old Trafford as the team was presented with the Premier League trophy on the field, with the players hugging and spraying champagne on each other.

The trophy was carried onto the pitch by four soldiers who have just returned from a four-month tour of duty in Afghanistan.
And as the medals were presented and fireworks exploded, the rain that had lashed onto the pitch throughout the match cleared and Old Trafford was bathed in sunshine.

The title is Gary Neville's eighth and the 34-year-old captain immediately set his sights on next year.

"(Liverpool) pushed us really hard this season. Next season, we've got our work cut out to go and do it again," the defender said.

While powered this season by goals from Cristiano Ronaldo and top-quality performances from strikers Rooney and Carlos Tevez, United also had a rock solid defense which led to goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar setting a British record by going 1,311 minutes without conceding a goal.

United's players had a wobble in March, however, when they lost to Liverpool and Fulham before starting a winning streak that took it clear of its rivals.

The post-match focus was also on the players who might be leaving Old Trafford in the off season, most notably Tevez and Ronaldo, who was denied a transfer to Real Madrid last summer.

When Tevez was substituted in the second half he applauded the fans and seemed to wave goodbye.

Asked if he was leaving the club, the Argentina striker said in broken English: "Maybe goodbye... It's very difficult."

As for Ronaldo, the world player of the year was noncommittal when asked whether he was still eager to move on.

"The supporters screaming and singing your name it's amazing but the future you never know," he said.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: May 16, 2009, 02:57:38 PM »
congrats

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: May 16, 2009, 03:08:10 PM »
congrats
omar hopefully allyuh will get de FA Cup. ;D
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: May 16, 2009, 07:23:11 PM »
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

giggsy11

« Reply #895 on: May 17, 2009, 08:09:33 AM »
Tevez has been flapping his gums a little to much, and acting like he is a damn victim-I think his approach is not going to help his cause.  Go already!

Manchester United chief executive David Gilll says he expects a deal for Carlos Tevez to be completed by early June despite the Argentinean saying he does not expect to be at Old Trafford next year.

By Emily Benammar and agencies
Last Updated: 1:13PM BST 17 May 2009

Tevez's future has become a hot topic, with United fans urging the club to keep the striker following the end of his two-year loan spell this summer.

After winning the Premier League title over the weekend, Tevez accused the club of not showing him enough respect.

“I know that I am not going to continue at Manchester United,” he said. "I feel that they have lacked respect towards me. It's not about whether they pay £5 million more or £5 million less, but I feel I have been badly treated.

“I've been here for two years and the directors have never come to speak to me. Not once have I had a meeting with them. Therefore, it's best that I leave the club so as not to clash with [manager] Alex Ferguson and the directors. Neither do I understand why I don't play in the team.”

Remaining focused on what stand to be his final two matches in a United shirt, the 25-year-old insisted he will not hold any talks or consider any offers until after the Champions League final on May 27.

“I've asked [adviser] Kia [Joorabchian] not to speak to me about offers during the next 10 days,” he said. “I want to concentrate only on the final matches that we have to play.

"Afterwards, I've got a month to take a decision and choose where to go."

Gill however, seems optimistic that United can strike a deal with Tevez’s owners by early June.

Speaking to BBC Five Live, he confirmed that club and representatives have met to discuss a deal worth in the region of £25 million.

“The actual situation will be cleared up in early June,” he said. “Carlos has done very well. We'd like him to stay but the actual economic situation needs to be clarified.”

Having agreed with Kia Joorabchian that negotiations should no longer continue through the press, Gill added: “It is an unusual situation. When we did our deal to acquire Carlos two years ago, his economic rights were owned by a company controlled by Kia Joorabchian. That's a feature of a lot of South American players.

"We have to deal with Kia Joorabchian - we paid a loan fee for two years, then there is a fixed fee we have to pay his company if we wish to take up our option to acquire Carlos, at which point we would own him 100 per cent in football terms, and any other club would deal with us.

"Whatever happens to him in the summer, that situation will be clarified. If he goes to another club in the Premier League, then that club would own him outright.”

« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 08:11:32 AM by giggsy11 »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: May 17, 2009, 09:38:55 AM »
d man playing the media for he own good lol
Youtube Channel

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: May 17, 2009, 09:54:01 AM »
Tevez has been flapping his gums a little to much, and acting like he is a damn victim-I think his approach is not going to help his cause.  Go already!

Manchester United chief executive David Gilll says he expects a deal for Carlos Tevez to be completed by early June despite the Argentinean saying he does not expect to be at Old Trafford next year.

Tevez's future has become a hot topic, with United fans urging the club to keep the striker following the end of his two-year loan spell this summer.

After winning the Premier League title over the weekend, Tevez accused the club of not showing him enough respect.

“I know that I am not going to continue at Manchester United,” he said. "I feel that they have lacked respect towards me. It's not about whether they pay £5 million more or £5 million less, but I feel I have been badly treated.

“I've been here for two years and the directors have never come to speak to me. Not once have I had a meeting with them. Therefore, it's best that I leave the club so as not to clash with [manager] Alex Ferguson and the directors. Neither do I understand why I don't play in the team.”

Remaining focused on what stand to be his final two matches in a United shirt, the 25-year-old insisted he will not hold any talks or consider any offers until after the Champions League final on May 27.

“I've asked [adviser] Kia [Joorabchian] not to speak to me about offers during the next 10 days,” he said. “I want to concentrate only on the final matches that we have to play.

Gill however, seems optimistic that United can strike a deal with Tevez’s owners by early June.

Speaking to BBC Five Live, he confirmed that club and representatives have met to discuss a deal worth in the region of £25 million.

“The actual situation will be cleared up in early June,” he said. “Carlos has done very well. We'd like him to stay but the actual economic situation needs to be clarified.”

Having agreed with Kia Joorabchian that negotiations should no longer continue through the press, Gill added: “It is an unusual situation. When we did our deal to acquire Carlos two years ago, his economic rights were owned by a company controlled by Kia Joorabchian. That's a feature of a lot of South American players.

"We have to deal with Kia Joorabchian - we paid a loan fee for two years, then there is a fixed fee we have to pay his company if we wish to take up our option to acquire Carlos, at which point we would own him 100 per cent in football terms, and any other club would deal with us.

"Whatever happens to him in the summer, that situation will be clarified. If he goes to another club in the Premier League, then that club would own him outright.”

No one is bigger than the Club Tev... Dont blame United for your overvalued Fee... Blame yuh owner

We will not be held to hostage and If he opens his mouth and disrespects The Club the manager and the board he could f**k off to wherever Kia sells him

I want him to stay but I'm becoming frustrated with his immaturity...It's a complex situation and no need to cry about it

giggsy11

« Reply #898 on: May 17, 2009, 10:05:58 AM »

No one is bigger than the Club Tev... Dont blame United for your overvalued Fee... Blame yuh owner

We will not be held to hostage and If he opens his mouth and disrespects The Club the manager and the board he could f**k off to wherever Kia sells him

I want him to stay but I'm becoming frustrated with his immaturity...It's a complex situation and no need to cry about it

Ah waitin for him tuh sign with Liverstool and the manager doesn't talk tuh him and then he eats bench because the aloof fat spanish waiter picks the tireless, headless, donkey that is Kuyt ahead of him. Oh it should be fun! Keano duece!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #899 on: May 17, 2009, 07:03:51 PM »

Yeah but United agreed to the "overvalued fee" two years ago. It is not Tevez' fault that they now think it is too much and want to change the deal. In fact he has a right to be aggrieved.

I undertsand why United thinks the price is too high now, for a while this season it appeared that Tevez was always going to bench for Berbatov and 22 M is too much for a sub. Thisngs change since they made teh initial agreement but that is not his fault. United also knew what they were getting into with Joorabchian and his convoluted dealings back then. Yuh can't disagree with how he does his business now.

But overall, Tevez has shown real class. Didn't complain when being benched and hasn't been making noise in the media to distract the team. And his performances have been top notch. All of the recent interest is driven by his owner and the club.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

1]; } ?>