March 28, 2024, 06:25:25 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 911147 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #930 on: May 27, 2009, 08:24:21 PM »
quintuple..

GLORY, GLORY!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: May 27, 2009, 08:33:13 PM »
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 08:38:17 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: May 29, 2009, 04:21:20 PM »
What this doing on the 2nd page, what no glory, glory.

The thread abandoned, or is the game still playing.  :devil:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: June 11, 2009, 08:26:01 AM »
oh gawd, well allyuh say something nuh man....  :waiting:

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Presentation College San Fernando
« Reply #934 on: June 11, 2009, 08:28:43 AM »
oh gawd, well allyuh say something nuh man....  :waiting:

he wanted to see how he would look in a white kit, playing in a big game for a big side ..... like Real Madrid.

:rotfl:
throw parties, not grenades.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
I pity the fool....

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: June 11, 2009, 08:42:51 AM »
So who is the replacement?

Not Ribery done say he eh want to play in England - and wuss, in Manchester rain and gloom - wait, Old Trafford not even in Manchester  ::)

But anyways, who needs to buy players to replace Ronaldo?

dey have Nani  :rotfl:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: June 11, 2009, 08:46:02 AM »
So who is the replacement?

Not Ribery done say he eh want to play in England - and wuss, in Manchester rain and gloom - wait, Old Trafford not even in Manchester  ::)

But anyways, who needs to buy players to replace Ronaldo?

dey have Nani  :rotfl:

come nuh man, yuh didnt have to hit them fellahs below the belt..

keep it civil nuh man. :rotfl:

Offline Giggsy's Chestwig

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: June 11, 2009, 09:21:15 AM »
wait, Old Trafford not even in Manchester

Really? Where is it then?

Last time I checked, Salford was within city boundaries...

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: June 11, 2009, 09:40:44 AM »
Thanks for the great years at the club.... massive 3 seasons from 06-09...got us back to the top

but we cant deny him his dream any longer.. thanks for the 80 million and good luck at Madrid

Viva Ronaldo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: June 11, 2009, 01:18:59 PM »
Ok folks..time to rebuild

Ronny is off for 80 mill...

Replacements?

Ronaldo is a massive loss... He scores goals and he is also one of the best players in the world..irreplaceable if you ask me..No1 can match him in key moments such as changing games...he can score with his head, both feet, free kicks, tap ins , penalties

If Tevez wants to leave due to being on the bench he could f**k off... but if his head is right and he wants to be loyal then we can buy him for the 25 million

Then we go to the wings... Park and Nani are our 2 wingers left..as well as newboy Tosic but he'll be a fringe player... Nani has to step it up this season and Park too

Fergie's not going to f**k around so expect two wingers... A.Valencia of Wigan seems to be joining soon.. He is big fast and a goal scoring threat.. he is settled in the EPL.. 15-18 million pounds...

F.Ribery will be the big name signing if f**king Madrid dont get too him first... Anywhere between 32-40 mill for him

that's the 3 there for me... If Tevez f**ks off then I would have gone with D.Villa but guess where he is heading

So i'll go with maybe Benzema of Lyon or Edin Dzeko of Woflsburg..a personal wish of mine... other big name strikers that can be linked if Tevez leaves are : Zlatan..Huntelaar..Eto'o.

Let the games begin

« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 01:48:34 PM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: June 11, 2009, 01:27:34 PM »
... and you couldn't make that point minus the expletives?

come on man, time to grow up.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: June 11, 2009, 03:33:43 PM »
Thanks for the good times. Manu have trophies to prove it. Good luck at Real.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: June 11, 2009, 03:53:25 PM »

That's how English blokes speak.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: June 11, 2009, 03:59:11 PM »

I was about to say the same thing

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: June 11, 2009, 04:00:22 PM »

they didnt speak like that when i was there.. maybe the ones you see on tv.

in any case, which part you from again?

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: June 11, 2009, 04:07:06 PM »

steuuuuupsssssssssss man Omar ... you eh know who art thou?
He neighbour is "Too Who" ... he was the star on the field yesterday - everytime we mids get the ball, especially Keon - BOOM KICK pass Too Who.

Only starboys does get pass like dat whole game - and only starboys does live in the same neighbourhood in Carenage-on-Stoke. When yuh ring dem men doorbell, it doh go "ding dong" .. it does go "glory glory"

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: June 11, 2009, 04:13:33 PM »
steuuuuupsssssssssss man Omar ... you eh know who art thou?
He neighbour is "Too Who" ... he was the star on the field yesterday - everytime we mids get the ball, especially Keon - BOOM KICK pass Too Who.

Only starboys does get pass like dat whole game - and only starboys does live in the same neighbourhood in Carenage-on-Stoke. When yuh ring dem men doorbell, it doh go "ding dong" .. it does go "glory glory"

Ah know ah missin sumting, help meh wit de Carenage reference nah.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: June 11, 2009, 04:25:41 PM »

I'm from Metropolitan Borough of Trafford, Manchester

giggsy11

« Reply #949 on: June 11, 2009, 04:45:19 PM »
Looking forward to seeing how Ronaldo make out in La Liga.
Go Barca!
Looking forward tuh see how Fergie intends to add to the team plus the young players who are due to come in.
This is now Rooney's team and I look forward tuh seeing him shine.
Guess Real plan tuh out score sides.

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: July 03, 2009, 07:13:43 PM »
so this is what Fergie doing with that 80M quid - knowing that he NOT buying players with it?

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/ce5d7812-67fc-11de-848a-00144feabdc0.html?ftcamp=rss&nclick_check=1

Ferguson and Frost unite for property venture
By Daniel Thomas in London

Published: July 3 2009 23:34 | Last updated: July 3 2009 23:34

Sir Alex Ferguson, manager of English football team Manchester United, is to join forces with the television star Sir David Frost in a £1bn ($1.6bn) property venture backed by Middle Eastern investors that aims to snap up real estate at bargain prices.

In the latest celebrity business tie-up and following news of Simon Cowell’s entertainment venture with the British retail billionaire Sir Philip Green, the English premier league manager and the broadcaster are to drum up support for commercial property deals across Europe in the belief the market is near the bottom of a prolonged slump.

Their new investment company, aAim Capital Finance, has received commitments of more than £1bn from Gulf investors to buy property in Europe. The launch of the company marks the resurrection of the team including Sir Alex and Sir David that was behind aAim Group, an asset manager that saw about €2bn ($2.8bn) of properties under management go into administration last year after Bank of Scotland withdrew from a funding agreement.

Sir Alex said: “The credit crunch has undoubtedly hit everyone involved in commercial property as evidenced by the recent announcements from Land Securities and others writing down their current values.

“I continue to be confident in a recovery on the real estate front and am sure that the aAIM people will flourish again with their knowledge and adaptability to changing situations.”

Sir Alex and Sir David are expected to do a road show. Sir David has taken the deputy chairmanship. He described aAim Capital Finance as “a new dawn in the property sector”.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: July 18, 2009, 03:26:50 PM »
long time...

Tevez and Ronaldo out as the major departures...Owen,Valencia and Obertan in...as well as Diuof who will join in January..

Fergie says no more signings but you never know with him.. I personally think we need 1 more..an attacking mid who can probably play on the wing if needed....David Silva,Van der Vaart,Ronaldinho?

Douglas Costa may be on his way as weekend reports from credible media sources in the UK report that we will pay 7.5 million pounds which can rise to 18 million over the next 5 seasons....he is 18 so I cant see him coming in as a saviour...but one for the future if we get him

I like the Owen buy as I've been calling it since Ruud left... very happy with him...English..29..class..goalscorer.... and it will allow Wazza and Berba to be the 1st choice with Owen understanding his role...and he could def start if he scores alot which he will..so it is good competition..Macheda Welbeck as the youthful strikers and new boy Diouf in January..  Giggs,Nani and Obertan can all play upfront if needed too

let the games begin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: July 18, 2009, 03:29:17 PM »
Michael Owen opened his account with the winning goal on his debut as Manchester United defeated a Malaysia XI 3-2.

The England striker, picked up by Sir Alex Ferguson on a free transfer after his contract with Newcastle expired, stepped off the bench to spare the Red Devils' blushes in the opening game of their Far East tour.

United looked to be cruising to a routine victory as they eased into a 2-0 lead in front of almost 100,000 fans in Kuala Lumpur's Bukit Jalil Stadium, only to allow their hosts to draw level.

Owen started among the substitutes as Ferguson began life without Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez by pairing Wayne Rooney and Dimitar Berbatov in attack.

And the duo combined to open the scoring in the eighth minute as Rooney lifted the ball into the roof of the net from close range after the Bulgaria international had been denied by goalkeeper Mohammed Farizal Marlias.

Rooney then turned provider midway through the first half as he threaded an expert ball through the Malaysian defence which Nani slotted home.

But their lead was halved moments before the interval when Mohammed Amri Yahyah fired home a stunning long-range effort from outside the box which left stranded goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar floundering.

Fergsuon's men were rocked at the start of the second period when an error by substitute goalkeeper Ben Foster allowed Amri Yahyah to roll the ball into an empty net and bring the scores level.

And it was left to Owen to emerge as the hero on his debut as he calmly slotted home from the edge of the box with time running out after Darron Gibson's through-ball had initially been cut out by Marlias.
http://www.skysports.com/football/match_report/0,19764,11065_3148181,00.html

Michael Owen has revealed that his switch to Manchester United has made him feel 21-years-old all over again.

The former Newcastle United striker netted on his Red Devils debut on Saturday following his free transfer switch.

Owen is delighted to be at Old Trafford and feels that his new club will help him return to the England squad.

The 29-year-old has won 89 caps for England and scored 40 goals but has played only once under manager Fabio Capello.

"I feel like I did eight years ago," said Owen.

"There are so many players on my wavelength - world-class players. I just know this move is going to be fantastic for me.
Exciting

"When you sign for Manchester United there are that many things you think about; the players alongside you, playing at Old Trafford, the men who are going to create chances for you.

"Then you wake up the following morning and realise you could win the league or the UEFA Champions League.

"It just goes on and on. It is a very exciting prospect."

He added: "I have never given up on England.

"I have been in every preliminary squad before it is pared down. I have had a letter every time. I know from that the manager is keeping an eye on me."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_5440362,00.html

*Reminder
Websites useful for United news etc
http://www.skysports.com/football/team/0,19734,11667,00.html
http://www.manutd.com
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=138754254304#/group.php?gid=2204500394

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: July 20, 2009, 08:53:55 AM »
United 2 Malaysia xi 0 FT

Macheda and Owen  ;)

decent game...FC Seoul on Friday

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: July 23, 2009, 02:54:45 PM »
After staying mute since the end of the season, Sir Alex Ferguson held his first major media briefing on Monday in Malaysia. Here's what he had to say...

SAF on the summer...
"This particular summer defies all logic in terms of the credit crunch. You'd expect a lot of clubs to draw in their horns but, no, it's accelerated. Due mainly to a couple of clubs, of course, namely Real Madrid and Manchester City."

SAF on whether United should be considered favourites for the title...
"I don't really know, to be honest with you. I'd like to see the betting."

SAF on who will challenge United for their title...
"Manchester City are getting all the back page stories and they will hold that position for the rest of the season because there is a lot of interest in what they have done and a lot of speculation about whether it is going to work. But I cannot look at Manchester City as our main competitors. Liverpool and Chelsea are our main competitors. There is no doubt about that."

SAF on which of the Big Four is under the most pressure from Man City...
"Arsenal have got the biggest test to be where they want to be, I think. I know that Arsene Wenger doesn't have any money, I know that. I think that selling Adebayor - well, whether he can use that money is another question. There seems to be evidence that he can't use the money, I don't know. I think they're struggling cash-wise. It's a big test for Arsenal."

SAF on pursuing Carlos Tevez...
"In my opinion I didn't think he was worth £25million, that's just my judgment, maybe I'm wrong. The fans quite rightly have their heroes, and I respect the fans so I was happy to go along with a deal as long as it was the right deal. Our success is down to the fans and their support, we need them when we are away from home to the likes of Fulham and Arsenal. But simply he was not worth £25m."

SAF on City's pursuit of John Terry...
"It's understandable, given the money they have. They made their intentions known by buying Robinho for all that money and by signing Bellamy, Santa Cruz, Barry and now Adebayor. They are not stopping, but if I was in City's shoes, with all that kind of money, then I would have a go at that myself. I think it's sensible. For some reason they must have known that he was interested. I'm sure there have been plenty of phone calls going on."

SAF on Man City's prospects of breaking into the top four...
"If you analyse City as a team, you'd say: 'Well, what's their best team?' and 'Where would that go?' And you'd have to think they'd still struggle to get into the top four, really. It would be hard for them to get into that top four, I think so."

SAF on whether City will finish in the top four...
"I am not saying they won't do it. I am just saying they would find it extremely difficult. It is a tough top four that. Aston Villa almost managed to break through but they tapered off because they were worn down by having such a small squad."

SAF on the challenge ahead for Mark Hughes...
"They have bought a lot of high profile players but they have 10 strikers. That is a hell of a lot. I have not spoken to all the managers but the one or two I have are saying "Who are they going to leave out?". How do you tell players they are not even going to be travelling to London? How does he pick a team? We are all interested."

SAF on what Man City's spending spree means for the likes of Harry Redknapp and the Manager of Aston Villa...
"It's a good point. We are protected here at United by our titles. But expectation on them will be exactly the same as last year. Their fans will expect them to challenge and that's difficult for them against that kind of spending. But they are good managers. They know their jobs. Irrespective of cash, they will still make a challenge."

SAF on losing Cristiano Ronaldo...
"There's no doubt he's a huge loss. I think it's a challenge for us. It won't be the same without Ronaldo. It can't be. Without question, in my mind, he is the best player in this world of ours. By absolutely miles. He is streets ahead of Messi, streets ahead of Kaka. Look at his figures. They are unbelievable. The attempts he has on goal, the attacks into the penalty box, his positions, headers, shots... it's unbelievable."

SAF on why Ronaldo went ...
"I had a good chat with the boy about it. He had made up his mind about it. Last year he was begging me and this year it was a sensible discussion. I felt it was right. I told him I'd let him go on one condition and that was that we got the biggest fee ever for a player. And he said: 'Right, that will do me...'"

SAF on Ronaldo's future...
"His best is to come yet because he is just 24 years old. I'll be very proud because we had a part to play in it. He came to the right club at the right part of his career. He appreciates that. And he may come back, you never know...Sometimes it just happens. He loved United, he loved the club. If you look back at the six years he had with us, he never missed training."

SAF on how United will line up this season without Ronaldo...
"We will shape it differently. We'll be more compact in midfield because he [Ronaldo] was a bit loose in his defending. We'll be more compact, but we also have the increasing maturity of players like Darren Fletcher. Owen Hargreaves will come back, Anderson will improve, Nani will improve, Rooney will improve. I think they've got to improve, the young players, and we expect them to improve. I think Dimitar Berbatov think Dimitar Berbatov will have a terrific season, too."

SAF on why he made a move for Michael Owen...
"He is worth the risk. Sometimes you have a punt, a bet or a gamble. You just start to think, 'These bloody transfers, we can carry that, we can carry Michael Owen.'"

SAF on his plans for Owen...
"I won't ask him to play every four days. I might ask him to play every 10 days."

SAF on United's next hero...
"Macheda is top drawer, a hero in the making, just as Cristiano was. It is hard to believe he is just 17. We probably need to check his birth certificate because I reckon he is at least 28. He is a player all right - and tough as old boots. He can look after himself. He does not have the lightning reactions of Ronaldo but he is quick around the box and he has an eye for goal."

SAF on when we'll see the best of Wayne Rooney...
"There will be an expectation about Wayne Rooney this season purely because he is English. Without question he is the main striker that England's hopes will be pinned on at the World Cup, so that is where the expectation is all coming from. But I would like to see the boy develop his game in a lot of departments. He is 23 now. You will get the maturity when he gets to 25. Then there will be a more consistent nature to his game."

SAF on considering signing Petr Cech before he moved to Chelsea...
"I watched him myself twice, and I thought, 'nineteen years old, he's a bit young'. But he was in the national team by the time he was 20. Looking back now, he's maybe made about 10 mistakes in six years...at the time I was looking for someone to replace Peter Schmeichel."

SAF on United's interest in signing Benzema...
"He is tough, has a good physique, a good goal scoring record, so it was worth going a wee bit extra for him because of his age. But when it went to £42 million, it was beyond his value. We went to £35 million and I think that was fair."

SAF on whether United tried to sign Frank Ribery...
"No. We explored it in a nice, quiet way when David Gill was at one of his meetings with them in March. They told him, 'absolutely no chance' and the one thing you."

SAF on the Champions League final ...
"I know exactly what went wrong, but I'm not going to get into it. We threw it away, I will say that. I'm not getting into it at all. It's not even worth talking about.

SAF on how long he will continue...
"No decisions made."

http://football365.com/story/0,17033,8750_5446023,00.html

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: July 23, 2009, 03:01:38 PM »
fergie apparently knows of another messi
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: July 23, 2009, 03:06:58 PM »
New Signings pose with SAF

Manchester City put up a massive "Welcome to Manchester" poster in blue with Tevez in the City Center... classy move ::)

we let our fans do the immaturity..not the club

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: July 23, 2009, 03:15:39 PM »
fergie apparently knows of another messi

Yeah musbe cause that streets ahead talk is utter rubbish

Offline acb

• Party like a wok star
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: July 23, 2009, 04:52:14 PM »
how the hell somebody get so many coherent sentences out of Fergie is a mystery. To me, the man doesn't speak a bit of proper or understandable English/ British/ Scottish ... whatever you call it.

I would say most of the words in those sentences were guessed.

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: July 23, 2009, 07:14:49 PM »
Ah see this poster making the rounds on the internets:

1]; } ?>