April 29, 2024, 09:35:32 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 924103 times)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #1110 on: October 25, 2009, 11:51:50 AM »
good game scousers...cant believe we didnt "show up"

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: October 25, 2009, 12:32:19 PM »
allyuh does play better without gerald and it showed today. Allyuh hustle the midfield well and utd didnt have an answer today.

??? Gerald?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REy9ZMY7LGY

:rotfl:

HEHEAHAEHAEHEHAHEHHEHAEAHAA

dats a real classic
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: October 25, 2009, 12:50:05 PM »
 :yawning:

well that was a borin game. manchester just did not show up today even though they got

7 MINUTES EXTRA TIME!!!!!!!! how d ref came up with that!  nobody knows  ::)

oh well, CHELSEA on TOP and that is all that matters  ;D
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: October 25, 2009, 02:07:19 PM »
just wanted to bring up from the extra time debate that started with the Man Utd v Man City derby...

In that game, men were arguing that the additional 2 mins came from the substitutions, the cards and the goal in injury time..

I said at that point that if this were true, a ref should never be able to blow off the game when immediately after kick off when a goal scores deep into injury time.

Men said they never saw that happen, well look it just happened today.

Breds if yuh score with 0 seconds on the clock, why should extra time be added?  Time is added to make up for the time that got run off the clock because of the celebrations etc while there was still time remaining, but if the goal was scored with nothing left, there is no rationale to add time because no time was run off the clock by the celebration....plus it was 2-0...it was game set match.

Enjoyable game overall- Liverpool deserved to win...no specatular performances but great energy all around.....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: October 25, 2009, 02:11:20 PM »
good game scousers...cant believe we didnt "show up"

allyuh "showed up" and get allyuh ass rinse!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: October 25, 2009, 02:12:14 PM »
just wanted to bring up from the extra time debate that started with the Man Utd v Man City derby...

In that game, men were arguing that the additional 2 mins came from the substitutions, the cards and the goal in injury time..

I said at that point that if this were true, a ref should never be able to blow off the game when immediately after kick off when a goal scores deep into injury time.

Men said they never saw that happen, well look it just happened today.

Breds if yuh score with 0 seconds on the clock, why should extra time be added?  Time is added to make up for the time that got run off the clock because of the celebrations etc while there was still time remaining, but if the goal was scored with nothing left, there is no rationale to add time because no time was run off the clock by the celebration....plus it was 2-0...it was game set match.

Enjoyable game overall- Liverpool deserved to win...no specatular performances but great energy all around.....

good point, i'll have to have another look at it to see how much time was left.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: October 25, 2009, 04:09:55 PM »
Bakes wha yuh think of Lucas today  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: October 25, 2009, 04:36:48 PM »

Still not enough fuh me... offensively that is.  Defensively he more than put in a good shift and he showed a lot of effort.  I thought he did well going forward to try and compensate for the absence of Gerrard.  But his touch was inconsistent... scuffing one early effort badly across rather than at goal.  There were at least two occasions when I shouted "shitsnake" at the screen but to take issue with his play today would be nit-picking.  Today was his best game since pre-season in my book.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: October 25, 2009, 09:16:03 PM »

Still not enough fuh me... offensively that is.  Defensively he more than put in a good shift and he showed a lot of effort.  I thought he did well going forward to try and compensate for the absence of Gerrard.  But his touch was inconsistent... scuffing one early effort badly across rather than at goal.  There were at least two occasions when I shouted "shitsnake" at the screen but to take issue with his play today would be nit-picking.  Today was his best game since pre-season in my book.

Don't know what Rafa sees in Lucas.  My biggest problem with the lad is his ill-timed fouls around the penalty box area.  That seems to be ongoing.  Wonder how good Aqualani is defensively.  From the match reviews after his reserve debut, he seems very lively and very creative going forward.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: October 25, 2009, 11:22:04 PM »
Don't know what Rafa sees in Lucas.  My biggest problem with the lad is his ill-timed fouls around the penalty box area.  That seems to be ongoing.  Wonder how good Aqualani is defensively.  From the match reviews after his reserve debut, he seems very lively and very creative going forward.

His fouls and giveaways does drive me mad... Brazilian only in name, but he improving.  I just watched the second half again and I must say I was too harsh on him.  He really helped stifle the middle for us today and did well on the attacking end... as attested by his assist on Ngog's clincher.

I also didn't give Aurelio credit for keeping Liverpool honest with his set pieces... including the 20th minute free kick that brought out the best in Van Der Sar.  I also must say that upon second viewing Mascherano's red was deserved... high boot, late, dangerous tackle = yellow card.  Two yellows means an early shower.

Offline onlikecorn

• Full Warrior
  • vibes it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: October 25, 2009, 11:30:31 PM »
allyuh expecting too much of lucas . .. he is no veteran . .. benitez see potential in him . . . he is only 22 yrs old. .. and he wouldnt learn unless he get a chance to play . . i thought he did well in such a big game. . . congrats to liverpool i was rootin fuh allyuh today and allyuh pull it off. . .

allyuh does play better without gerald and it showed today. Allyuh hustle the midfield well and utd didnt have an answer today.

is true when stevie g there they does depend on him a lil too much . . buh havin said that  . . de man rescue dem from real games before. . . cuz he could come up with a bullet out of nothing .. . they missin him i think . . thank god torres had come back for this match cuz if both of them was not there then it woulda be pressure. .

??? Gerald?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REy9ZMY7LGY

and well thanks fuh dis . . yuh bring back memories. . hahahahaha
allyuh should try this in de us, uk and canada. . .actually works. . . use it instead of google. . and get free ting. . i get real free ting already....

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: October 26, 2009, 07:42:59 AM »
rafa didn't cock it up

vidic deserve he yellow card he love them div backward and hold back ppl tackle

caragher deserved the card for the foul on owen

great great goal from torres made rio look amateurish at best

table getting close

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: October 26, 2009, 10:09:29 AM »
Fernando Torres is a biscuit plus nine other things we learned from watching Liverpool v Man United

6) Sir Fergie made a surprise early substitution, bringing on a beach ball for Dimitar Berbatov after eight minutes. OK, he didn't, but he might as well have done...

10) Nemanja Vidic must love playing against Liverpool. He might not win that often, but he always gets first crack at the hot water.

Priceless.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: October 26, 2009, 11:25:36 AM »
Fernando Torres is a biscuit plus nine other things we learned from watching Liverpool v Man United

6) Sir Fergie made a surprise early substitution, bringing on a beach ball for Dimitar Berbatov after eight minutes. OK, he didn't, but he might as well have done...

10) Nemanja Vidic must love playing against Liverpool. He might not win that often, but he always gets first crack at the hot water.

Priceless.
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: October 26, 2009, 01:25:22 PM »
I now watch the highlights of this game, ah keep saying Rio is clueless. Ifhe was from any other country he would not be at Man United. The guy has no 1v1 defensive technique. Useless. And well Vidic show his class....again. The twin towers, yeah right.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: October 26, 2009, 01:46:47 PM »
I now watch the highlights of this game, ah keep saying Rio is clueless. Ifhe was from any other country he would not be at Man United. The guy has no 1v1 defensive technique. Useless. And well Vidic show his class....again. The twin towers, yeah right.
Ok so Rio has not been the same Rio since his injury and Vidic had a bad game, I have faith in Man.U back four. When tey are on their game, it's hard to score on em'

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: October 26, 2009, 02:08:09 PM »
I think the commentary overplayed Rio's shortcomings on Torres' goal.  The attack was coming forward at speed, and Torres made a deceptive run into the danger area (i.e. he put himself in the mix without over-commiting to the heart of the penalty box)- Rio had to stay somewhat central or he would have exposed the middle...Anything less than a perfect pass by Benayoun, and Rio would have been able to come across and force Torres to a wider angle from which to shoot...but at the speed at which Kuyt, Benayoun and Torres built that attack, and the precision of the ball into El Nino's stride....it was really tough to defend...and it real hard to get yuh body in front of a 6ft plus galloping Torres when he has his eyes on goal...Rio put in his best effort, but yuh can't really fault him for that goal- it was well created and well taken. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: October 27, 2009, 10:58:57 AM »
Obertan set for Utd debut
French winger to be given his head by Sir Alex
Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed Gabriel Obertan will make his Manchester United debut at Barnsley on Tuesday night.

The Premier League champions travel to Oakwell for a Carling Cup clash, live on Sky Sports 2, determined to put Sunday's defeat to Liverpool behind them.

While a number of United's senior stars will be rested for a tough trip to Yorkshire, the likes of Obertan and other fringe players will be desperate to impress.

French winger Obertan, 20, has been a frustrated spectator since moving to Old Trafford in the summer from Bordeaux, sidelined as he has been by a spine injury.

However, after coming through three reserve team games unscathed, he is all set to make his Red Devils bow.

"He will play tomorrow against Barnsley, it is a good start for him," said Ferguson.
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5654487,00.html

Possible link - http://www.atdhe.net/10117/watch-barnsley-fc-vs-manchester-united

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: November 28, 2009, 09:39:37 AM »
The ref doin real crap in this game.

both sides feel hard done by. But it even, so I guess they can't say they have been disadvantaged so far.

Man U central defense looking real shaky.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: November 28, 2009, 09:45:37 AM »
This game go have a fight

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: November 28, 2009, 09:51:49 AM »
1-1 HT

Rooney pen was fully deserved..Michael Brown made definite contact and at that pace, if Wazza had stayed up I would have been surprised

Portsmouth pen decision was shocking... If that's a penalty then Football is becoming a girl's game

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: November 28, 2009, 09:54:56 AM »
I teking on dat game right now some shitty calls , but I going wid portsmouth . man u have a bunch of cry babies.
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: November 28, 2009, 10:08:48 AM »
Football is becoming a girl's game

That is why allyuh crying so much?

I think both were weak penalties. Both were fouls, so both were penalties.

look yuh man ent fall down this time.

and look a goal.

2-1

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: November 28, 2009, 10:14:24 AM »
Another weak penalty...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: November 28, 2009, 11:18:03 AM »
Another weak penalty...

Kuszack made a nice 90' save off a sweet Utaka attempt.  Utaka played well in his 5 mins... but Boateng is the man for Portsmouth.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: November 28, 2009, 11:44:46 AM »
So seeing that Giggs was on he 100th goal, why did Rooney not let him have the first or 2nd PK?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: November 28, 2009, 12:31:25 PM »
So seeing that Giggs was on he 100th goal, why did Rooney not let him have the first or 2nd PK?

Because, after talking so big about how he will score all the goals that cronaldo took to Spain wit 'im....he have to pad his stats to support his claim.......and that include taking all the penalties like cronaldo used to do to pad he stats, too.  :devil:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: December 12, 2009, 04:19:56 PM »
Just found this on the 4th page languishing halfway down. Man United eh playe/ing this weekend or what.
 :whistling: :whistling:

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: December 12, 2009, 06:04:42 PM »
Just found this on the 4th page languishing halfway down. Man United eh playe/ing this weekend or what.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: December 12, 2009, 06:13:30 PM »
dem man-u waggonist on holidays   :devil:

1]; } ?>