April 29, 2024, 10:30:19 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 924235 times)

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #1200 on: January 11, 2010, 03:46:49 PM »
In other news...

United confirm plan to raise £500m through bonds
By Harry Harris and Soccernet staff
January 11, 2010
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=723752&sec=england&cc=5901

Manchester United confirmed on Monday they will look to raise £500 million through bonds to restructure their debts.

The Premier League champions have been struggling under interest payments due on the debts which the Glazers ran up when borrowing in order to purchase the club. In the year up to June 30, 2009, they had to pay out £41.9 million in interest payments.

Although the club did record a pre-tax profit of £48.2 million, that figure includes the £80 million raised from the sale of Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid. Without the sale of Ronaldo, the Red Devils would have been reporting a loss of £31.8 million. Turnover was up in the financial year, from £80.4 million in 2008 to £91.3 million.

The bond will be used to repay the "senior secured notes". It was thought that the Glazers would be looking to finance the £175 million worth of payment-in-kind notes that are currently attracting 14.25% interest. However, this is considered personal debt and will not be refinanced through bonds.

"Manchester United today announced that it will be seeking to raise approximately £500 million aggregate principal amount from an offering of senior secured notes due 2017,'' said a United statement. "The notes, whose proceeds will be used to refinance existing debt secured against the club, will be issued by MU Finance plc.''

But the Glazers will not be selling the club and intend to use the money saved from restructuring the debt to ensure significant money is available to Sir Alex Ferguson to spend in the transfer market.

ESPN Soccernet has been assured that the bond is not a prelude to a sale or in any way a manouvre to attract a buyer. The bond should attract institutions and City investors which will enable the club to repay at a stable and affordable rate of interest.

However, ESPNsoccernet has been informed by City experts, that this is by no means an attempt to find a new owner, or to sell the club, that is definitely not on the agenda.

Despite the world being in recession, Manchester United are the most profitable club in the world at a time when clubs like Manchester City and Chelsea are recording massive losses. But fans remain concerned about the bottom line without the Ronaldo cash.

The Glazers message is clear - none of the clubs figures, nor their desire to reshape their loans of £509 million impacts on manager Sir Alex Fergusons ability to reinvest in the transfer market So far Sir Alex has stated it is because he cannot find the players of the right quality and price, rather than it being a question of not having the money.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: January 11, 2010, 04:13:57 PM »
I truly flecking amazed... it have man on this site quick to call man waggaonist... den follow up with Glory Glory... Manu have de bite of a pussy cat and you eh hearing ah "peep" from dem... Whey all yuh...??? Oh I forgot...

Glory Glory.. ???

Don't let my silence fool you...

I just don't see the need to comment when we get a bad result... I don't need to vent on a public forum to ease the embarrassment of dropping points

If posting on a forum makes a fan then something is wrong

Don't ever question my loyalty... If you feel to respond to banter that's you...

so yuh mean you is a fair weather poster then, is only glory glory when the sun shining?

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: January 11, 2010, 04:16:25 PM »
I truly flecking amazed... it have man on this site quick to call man waggaonist... den follow up with Glory Glory... Manu have de bite of a pussy cat and you eh hearing ah "peep" from dem... Whey all yuh...??? Oh I forgot...

Glory Glory.. ???

I just don't see the need to comment when we get a bad result... I don't need to vent on a public forum to ease the embarrassment of dropping points

Don't ever question my loyalty... If you feel to respond to banter that's you...

so yuh mean you is a fair weather poster then, is only glory glory when the sun shining?

Who wants to post after your team drops points?

Only plastics...

If I post my true feelings after a game it wouldn't be nice..

Like yall missing me... Banter isnt the same without me right?

Study your own team and I'll decide when to post or not...

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: January 11, 2010, 06:14:55 PM »

Doh try that. When allyuh winning yuh insufferable, now allyuh in 2nd place and yuh quiet? Maintain yuh level of boorishness. Anybody could talk smack when hey winning, the real ole talk does start when you losing. Every year 19 teams doh win the EPL. Write yuh chants,  big up yuh squad. it still have 1/2 the season to go.

Doh study he... all's quiet on the Red Devil front so he short on material.

And no Small Mag... we eh missing yuh, if I had to speak for everyone I'd say in fact we'd appreciate if you stuck to this current level of banter  :beermug:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: January 11, 2010, 09:37:11 PM »
what is 'banter' and which part in trini dey does talk dat language?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: January 11, 2010, 10:03:13 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl:
look who givin advice about cussin
lawd  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
THIS is de bess place on the internet
I ent need none ah dem other sites....not ah damn one
just this one
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: January 11, 2010, 10:59:34 PM »
just this one

In yuh haste tuh ejaculate all over yuhself in glee yuh apparently fuhget to wipe de break from yuh eye... where did anyone give Small Mag "advice about cussin"?  I find your passive aggression amusing though, as I said, you lack the courage to address me directly so yuh sticking tuh yuh forte of throwing word, market woman that you are.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: January 11, 2010, 11:42:03 PM »
just this one

In yuh haste tuh ejaculate all over yuhself in glee yuh apparently fuhget to wipe de break from yuh eye... where did anyone give Small Mag "advice about cussin"?  I find your passive aggression amusing though, as I said, you lack the courage to address me directly so yuh sticking tuh yuh forte of throwing word, market woman that you are.
here Hold on to this
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=living+rent+free

Thanks eh
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: January 11, 2010, 11:59:08 PM »
here Hold on to this

Thanks eh

I haven't the faintest clue what you're babbling about... but I'm sure in your special world you're making a lot of sense.  Maybe you should actually read the definition you're offering before you posit it so triumphantly in the thread.  Then again, original thought was never your strong suit so directing you to read anything is a waste of time... you probably just find it sound nice and post it.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: January 12, 2010, 12:07:19 AM »
here Hold on to this

Thanks eh

I haven't the faintest clue what you're babbling about... but I'm sure in your special world you're making a lot of sense.  Maybe you should actually read the definition you're offering before you posit it so triumpha
ntly in the thread.  Then again, original thought was never your strong suit so directing you to read anything is a waste of time... you probably just find it sound nice and post it.
yeah when you wake up in the middle of the night and all you can think of is having me live rent free in your head you will certainly know what i am taklking about

you does talk in circles so much you does make a carousel think that it is standing still
blah balh blah my boy
you and ya banter  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Obama would be soooo proud of your choice of expletives.....dont ya think
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 12:09:43 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: January 12, 2010, 12:25:11 AM »
yeah when you wake up in the middle of the night and all you can think of is having me live rent free in your head you will certainly know what i am taklking about

you does talk in circles so much you does make a carousel think that it is standing still
blah balh blah my boy

I'm not sure what kinda homosexual fantasies dem priest and dem plant in yuh head when dey was ass-raping you as a yute... but sorry I doh wake up thinking about next man in de middle ah de night.

I wouldn't even bother making sense of that Obama comment.

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: January 12, 2010, 07:46:29 AM »

blah balh blah my boy

I'm not sure what kinda homosexual fantasies dem priest and dem plant in yuh head when dey was ass-raping you as a yute... but sorry I doh wake up thinking about next man in de middle ah de night.

I wouldn't even bother making sense of that Obama comment.
you are one very sad Human being as You use this same method in about 99% of your posts
99 %  man  sad sad sad
start using a different way to insult people nuh man
The people on here who are cognizant of the situation will definitely agree with me and I would consider it cruel and unusual punishment to ask those who dont know to check out your past posts
You and your LITTLE friends, who keep egging you on, are the only saddests here
sad little boy

you should watch a great movie
"The great debaters"
would you believe, NOT ONE reference to male body parts that you feel SO COMFORTABLE using
you just an Internet Gang banger, acting just like them gangbangers back home,.....trying to intimidate as many people as you can... ::) ::)
just go home little boy
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 07:59:38 AM by WestCoast »
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: January 12, 2010, 03:58:47 PM »

Glory Glory.. ???

Who wants to post after your team drops points?

Only plastics...

If I post my true feelings after a game it wouldn't be nice..

Like yall missing me... Banter isnt the same without me right?

Study your own team and I'll decide when to post or not...

Next time your teams earns a point and you decide to pass through, please change the name of the thread to Temporary Home of the Champions  :beermug:

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: January 16, 2010, 11:20:54 AM »
OK game today...3 more points....Man U 4 EVERRRRRRRRRRRR :beermug: :devil:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: January 18, 2010, 09:23:28 PM »
THE Glazer family have gone cap in hand to Manchester United's players - effectively asking them for a multi-million pound loan!

United stars were stunned by the handout request when they arrived back last week from their Qatar training camp.

Players were handed a prospectus, as owner Malcolm Glazer attempts to raise a staggering £500million through a bond issue to refinance huge debts.

And SunSport understands even the lower paid Old Trafford staff have been offered the 'opportunity' to invest in the club by the American owners.

A United insider said: "The players don't know what to make of it, really.

"Most are bemused that the people who pay their wages are basically trying to find out if they can have some back.

"A few of the lads know a good investment when they see one, but not too many seem prepared to put their money where their mouths are!"

United are believed to be offering investors an annual return of seven per cent on the bonds, which start at £50,000 a block.

But City experts say returns are dependent on continued success on the field in the years ahead.

The insider added: "There have been people working at Old Trafford for many years, on low salaries, worried about their futures.

"Yet now they are being offered the chance to stretch themselves even further. It's a joke!"

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2813956/Glazers-SOS-to-Man-Utd-stars.html#ixzz0d1bvdNET

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: January 18, 2010, 09:48:07 PM »
"A few of the lads know a good investment when they see one, but not too many seem prepared to put their money where their mouths are!"
 :devil:
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: January 18, 2010, 11:34:40 PM »
Or hor..

So DIS is wha de football matches at Trotters REALLY about!

A fund raiser fuh Manure!!  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: January 19, 2010, 12:20:57 AM »
Some how the world keeps getting stranger and stranger.   :-\
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: January 19, 2010, 01:53:33 AM »
 :devil:

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: January 19, 2010, 06:14:58 AM »
Glazers look like dey pullin ah Standford......

Allyuh tink it ez....
Ah say it, how ah see it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: January 19, 2010, 07:24:47 AM »
The Sun.... lol nuff said

Only believe The Guardian,The Times and any official sports websites such as BBC, Skysports and Manutd.com

GunnerStunner...you know you cant disagree with that....

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: January 19, 2010, 09:16:56 AM »
Small Mag you have to be concerned about the current situation though. 

The amount of debt your team is carrying is unreal and there isn't much you can do to increase your revenue stream.  Success on the field is pretty much as good as it gets and you've maximized your brand around the world.  So what's left?

ManU is a crisis or two away from doing a Leeds unless some billionaire sheik takes over the club.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: January 19, 2010, 10:00:35 AM »
The article from the Sun is rubbish...misleading at best. It's the Sun.
A more sober and worrying) article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jan/19/manchester-united-finance-the-glazers

Glazers could take £130m out of Manchester United next year

• Small print in bond offer reveals shock provisions
• Owners able to get cut of money from player sales

The Glazer family, who own Manchester United, can take almost £130m cash out of the club next year alone if enough lenders sign up for the bond they have launched to borrow £500m for United.

Nestling in the small print of the 322-page bond prospectus are provisions allowing the Glazers to take £70m out of the club's cash reserves, which includes the money they have received from selling players such as Cristiano Ronaldo. The document also reserves for the Glazers the legal right to pay £25m out of the club in a dividend, and half of what is termed "consolidated net income". This is effectively the club's cash profits, which based on the most recent accounts would have meant £23m being paid out last year.

The bond's terms also note that the Glazers will have the right for £6m a year to be paid to companies they own "for administration and management services", and a further £3m "in respect of services provided by directors, officers or employees" of companies the Glazers use to hold their shares in United.

That money, added to the £70m and £25m one-off payments, plus the half of United's cash profit they can take out each year (equating to £23m last year), add up to £127m next year alone.

That huge figure is in addition to the straightforward payment of interest (yield) on the £500m the club will have borrowed via the bond, which at a mooted 9%, will be £45m. That will bring the total taken out of United to service the Glazers' borrowings, which were loaded on to the club after the family bought the club in 2005, to £172m next year alone.

It has become increasingly clear since the prospectus was launched last week that its principal purpose is to allow the Glazers to take cash out of United to reduce the amounts they owe in "payments in kind" to hedge funds, which are running at a punitive £14.25% interest. Standing at £175m in the year to 30 June, 2008, the "payments" accrued £25m interest in the year to 30 June, 2009, and so stand now at over £200m. That debt is secured on the United shares the Glazer family own, and it is clear their financial priority is to use United's giant turnover and profits to pay down that debt before the interest "rolls up" dramatically.

A calculation of the total cash which the bond would entail being paid out of United in dividend payments, the yield from the bond, management fees and the possible requirement for the club to lease the Carrington training ground, is more than £500m between next year and the maturity of the bond in 2017.

If the bond issue is fully taken up by lenders, it will mean that since the Glazer family bought United in May 2005 for £810m – £540m of it borrowed from banks and hedge funds – their takeover will have already cost United £340m in cash. That comprises £220m in bank interest plus "early-repayment premiums" made when the borrowings were first refinanced in August 2006. A further £120m will have been incurred in fees paid to bankers, lawyers and other professionals – the fees for this bond issue are noted as £15m – plus £35m incurred by the club's interest rate hedging arrangements.

On top of that, the "payments" have incurred interest payable of around £124m since the Glazers first borrowed the money to buy United.

A Glazer family spokesman, who also speaks for United on financial matters, declined to comment.

Nick Towle, chair of the Manchester United Supporters' Trust, said: "It is a shocking picture. These are immense amounts of money being leaked out of United to pay banks, lawyers, the Glazers themselves and interest, to pay for a takeover none of the supporters, or the United board itself, wanted.

"United's success and profits could have been used to keep ticket prices affordable or invest in the team but instead we see this heartbreaking waste, just because one family ultimately hopes to make a profit from the club."
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: January 19, 2010, 10:02:40 AM »
The Sun.... lol nuff said

Only believe The Guardian,The Times and any official sports websites such as BBC, Skysports and Manutd.com

GunnerStunner...you know you cant disagree with that....

COOL BUT CHECK OUT THE GUARDIAN FOOTBALL WORLD
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jan/19/manchester-united-finance-the-glazers
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/jan/13/manchester-united-finances-glazer-family

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: January 19, 2010, 12:00:51 PM »
Would the "rent boys" label be applicable here or "lease boys" be more accurate."
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: January 19, 2010, 01:54:08 PM »
Would the "rent boys" label be applicable here or "lease boys" be more accurate."

Lease Boys... Glory Glory...!

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: January 19, 2010, 04:01:16 PM »
We should be able to take care of Man.C at home.....not worried one bit.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: January 19, 2010, 04:04:12 PM »
FERGIE, FERGIE SIGN HIM UP!!!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: January 19, 2010, 04:06:02 PM »
2 shit goals... Rafael foul Bellamy outside the box... and then the ref saw a deflection off Rafael to allow City to score from the resulting corner

Given real save.... great game..excitement all around

Cant wait for the second leg....Revenge will be sweet

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: January 19, 2010, 04:40:38 PM »
Welcome to the Blue side of Manchester.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>