April 29, 2024, 07:35:23 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 923678 times)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #1590 on: April 24, 2010, 04:47:34 PM »
I think is time some peeps learn to calm down a bit,Man U is not no ordinary team and we keep panicking all the time,look at the history of this team and is year in year out, teams are falling by the way side and Man U consistently is a major threat in every league/tournament across the globe but some tend to treat them like they just another team,when ever they win a game/tournament it's always a lot of ifs and buts,how lucky they are but they continue to be a threat to every one.

It's not an easy feat achieve what they achieve,they have injury problems and loose players just like everybody else,they Man U is a one man team but with or without Ronaldo they still win,with or without Rooney it's the same,they are consistant,this is sport things will never be the same all the time.     
Try telling that to the haters, they will never accept that Man.U is a top class team.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: April 24, 2010, 05:38:27 PM »
I think is time some peeps learn to calm down a bit,Man U is not no ordinary team and we keep panicking all the time,look at the history of this team and is year in year out, teams are falling by the way side and Man U consistently is a major threat in every league/tournament across the globe but some tend to treat them like they just another team,when ever they win a game/tournament it's always a lot of ifs and buts,how lucky they are but they continue to be a threat to every one.

It's not an easy feat achieve what they achieve,they have injury problems and loose players just like everybody else,they Man U is a one man team but with or without Ronaldo they still win,with or without Rooney it's the same,they are consistant,this is sport things will never be the same all the time.     

Unfortunately hatred is a hell of a thing... If we win the league this year I feel they will have no choice to admit it but considering this is our transition year and we are on top of the league currently I'm very impressed with United's challenge on the trophy front this year..we won the League Cup..we blew the CL..and we are heading to a crazy finish in the league...If Chelsea win it they deserve it but they would have won it by 2 referee errors in the first game in Stamford Bridge when Drogba pushed Brown before Terry's header and of course the offside at Old Trafford...but sometimes you need that luck

Big side is Big side...next year we'll be even stronger

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: April 24, 2010, 05:51:06 PM »

Unfortunately hatred is a hell of a thing... If we win the league this year I feel they will have no choice to admit it but considering this is our transition year and we are on top of the league currently I'm very impressed with United's challenge on the trophy front this year..we won the League Cup..we blew the CL..and we are heading to a crazy finish in the league...If Chelsea win it they deserve it but they would have won it by 2 referee errors in the first game in Stamford Bridge when Drogba pushed Brown before Terry's header and of course the offside at Old Trafford...but sometimes you need that luck

Of course you do!  Can you recount how many of your team's victories, cups and championships were aided and abetted by poor refereeing? cronaldo diving? ferguson's officials' manipulations? (extra time management) etc., etc., etc.....

Allyuh flattering allyuh selves.  Every single team in this world have people that "hate" them for one reason or another and if Jesus had haters then who is manu?  Loud steups.
Is allyuh lack of class that makes you all look so bad.  From the owners down to the manger to most of the players....to the majority of the fans.  Allyuh have no class. Oh well. Good thing the Champions' League fall back into the hands of the real big sides for now. 

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: April 24, 2010, 05:54:57 PM »
Man U, the Perfect Club
if only others Clubs were as perfect as them :devil:
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: April 24, 2010, 06:03:11 PM »

Of course you do!  Can you recount how many of your team's victories, cups and championships were aided and abetted by poor refereeing? cronaldo diving? ferguson's officials' manipulations? (extra time management) etc., etc., etc.....

Allyuh flattering allyuh selves.  Every single team in this world have people that "hate" them for one reason or another and if Jesus had haters then who is manu?  Loud steups.
Is allyuh lack of class that makes you all look so bad.  From the owners down to the manger to most of the players....to the majority of the fans.  Allyuh have no class. Oh well. Good thing the Champions' League fall back into the hands of the real big sides for now. 

Look who talking  about class, gutter rats from Chelsea  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: April 24, 2010, 06:16:47 PM »

Since when United unclassy?

We are the flagship of English Football...A manager for 26 years...Loyal players still at the club over two decades...Many British footballers...Successful winning trophies...Consistent...Largest Stadium...Largest Fan Base...we are Class...

Chelsea City and to some extent Arsenal are trying to reach our level of superiority...only Liverpool can boast vs United..and even their fans dont because they know they would be shouting about past glory... and yea I know you gonna say I'm doing the same but our success is recent..Anfield's is Ancient and Chelsea's is cash cash cash and 3 titles..3..pathetic...you'll never be as big or classy as United..I know United have some very annoying fans bandwaggon type people but any club with success does..be it Barca,Chelsea etc etc..Chelsea fans should never bring up bandwaggon stuff..never

You stick to watching your rentboys... when you lot do a hattrick of titles twice within a 11 year span come talk to me... stop studying United and worry about Stoke tomorrow

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: April 24, 2010, 06:19:45 PM »

Look who talking  about class, gutter rats from Chelsea  :devil:

:rotfl: :rotfl: Yuh lucky is you!! BITCH!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: April 24, 2010, 06:23:51 PM »
 :)
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: April 24, 2010, 06:24:37 PM »

Since when United unclassy?

We are the flagship of English Football...A manager for 26 years...Loyal players still at the club over two decades...Many British footballers...Successful winning trophies...Consistent...Largest Stadium...Largest Fan Base...we are Class...

Chelsea City and to some extent Arsenal are trying to reach our level of superiority...only Liverpool can boast vs United..and even their fans dont because they know they would be shouting about past glory... and yea I know you gonna say I'm doing the same but our success is recent..Anfield's is Ancient and Chelsea's is cash cash cash and 3 titles..3..pathetic...you'll never be as big or classy as United..I know United have some very annoying fans bandwaggon type people but any club with success does..be it Barca,Chelsea etc etc..Chelsea fans should never bring up bandwaggon stuff..never

You stick to watching your rentboys... when you lot do a hattrick of titles twice within a 11 year span come talk to me... stop studying United and worry about Stoke tomorrow

Your ignorance is three-dimensional! Impressive!  

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: April 24, 2010, 06:55:24 PM »
:devil:

yeah, doh mind me, Man U is very consistant ;)
damn, ah wish KJ was bussin de net
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: April 24, 2010, 07:36:30 PM »

I eh go lie nuh, yuh just cant make up bullshit like this.. So Chelsea was lucky to beat man u twice over the course of the season ???

Breds, a cup is one thing but the league don't lie. If yuh rest dong de rose tinted glasses for a minute you should admit that Chelsea was better than Manchester United in both fixtures and deserved to win.. Because they were the better team.. Regardless of whether you think the goals were debatable, which team had more chances and was more dominant over the 2 games? Yuh make yuh own luck bro, if them goal didnt score another one probably would have.

If yuh want to talk luck, why yuh don't talk about all the dubious penalty kicks, phantom injury time and deflected own goal that Man U get in the first half of the season to keep them within distance?

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: April 24, 2010, 08:30:49 PM »

I eh go lie nuh, yuh just cant make up bullshit like this.. So Chelsea was lucky to beat man u twice over the course of the season ???

Breds, a cup is one thing but the league don't lie. If yuh rest dong de rose tinted glasses for a minute you should admit that Chelsea was better than Manchester United in both fixtures and deserved to win.. Because they were the better team.. Regardless of whether you think the goals were debatable, which team had more chances and was more dominant over the 2 games? Yuh make yuh own luck bro, if them goal didnt score another one probably would have.

If yuh want to talk luck, why yuh don't talk about all the dubious penalty kicks, phantom injury time and deflected own goal that Man U get in the first half of the season to keep them within distance?

Every side benefits from some decisions over the course of the season - do some more than others? Probably - there is no Football God balancing them out. No one keeps track of all the ramifications of all the different errors (official or otherwise) in the league. Many fans will be blind/biased towards their own teams' fortune in comparison to others' and the same goes for injuries suffered.

Utd deserved at least a draw against Chelsea at the Bridge but deserved nothing at Old Trafford. So it goes though sometimes - but the title is rarely won (or necessarily deserved) by the better head to head matchups or the top 4 table. Bragging rights mean nothing if you don't do it against every other team in the league - and that's what it's coming down to now.

Few expected or predicted much out of Utd this season - and in a sense they became a victim of their own surprising success when they didn't live up to newfound expectation and hope. The much bandied about slumped finally arrived at possibly the most inopportune time -  but the disappointments against Bayern, Chelsea & Blackburn aside - the team is ending the season fighting, and that's all a Utd fan can ask at this pt.

Chelsea were always likely to be favourites with Utd's loss of Ronaldo & Tevez - but honestly neither team has put together the results to separate themselves definitively this season. If Utd win it, it would have to go down as one of Ferguson's greatest (if not the greatest) ever aside from the 2 records. We go see who holds their nerve down the stretch yes -this been one of the most competitive (and inconsistent) League campaigns from top through bottom that I've ever witnessed.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: April 25, 2010, 03:54:01 AM »

And on the topic of injustice in ManU-Chelsea games, lets not forget the Flash Kick dat Johnny Evans hit Drogba in the first game, earning Drogba a yellow card for chest-trapping Evans' studs.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: April 25, 2010, 06:26:00 AM »

And on the topic of injustice in ManU-Chelsea games, lets not forget the Flash Kick dat Johnny Evans hit Drogba in the first game, earning Drogba a yellow card for chest-trapping Evans' studs.

u mean the offensive foul for attempting to get a call by the referee by jumping into evans? rightly deserved yellow
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: April 25, 2010, 08:58:05 AM »

u mean the offensive foul for attempting to get a call by the referee by jumping into evans? rightly deserved yellow

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

When ah talk about manu and their fans having no class, I forgot to include them having no sense, too. 
I didn't know there was such a category as "offensive fouls" in football.  What next, traveling and technical fouls, too?

Yuh right, boy.  Drogba had absolutely NO RIGHT attempting to get that ball, but allyuh lucky in trute is not basketball playin' here....evans woulda get his face mashed in by some one ah Drogba teammates.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: April 25, 2010, 09:09:53 AM »

Every side benefits from some decisions over the course of the season - do some more than others? Probably - there is no Football God balancing them out. No one keeps track of all the ramifications of all the different errors (official or otherwise) in the league. Many fans will be blind/biased towards their own teams' fortune in comparison to others' and the same goes for injuries suffered.

Utd deserved at least a draw against Chelsea at the Bridge but deserved nothing at Old Trafford. So it goes though sometimes - but the title is rarely won (or necessarily deserved) by the better head to head matchups or the top 4 table. Bragging rights mean nothing if you don't do it against every other team in the league - and that's what it's coming down to now.

Few expected or predicted much out of Utd this season - and in a sense they became a victim of their own surprising success when they didn't live up to newfound expectation and hope. The much bandied about slumped finally arrived at possibly the most inopportune time -  but the disappointments against Bayern, Chelsea & Blackburn aside - the team is ending the season fighting, and that's all a Utd fan can ask at this pt.

Chelsea were always likely to be favourites with Utd's loss of Ronaldo & Tevez - but honestly neither team has put together the results to separate themselves definitively this season. If Utd win it, it would have to go down as one of Ferguson's greatest (if not the greatest) ever aside from the 2 records. We go see who holds their nerve down the stretch yes -this been one of the most competitive (and inconsistent) League campaigns from top through bottom that I've ever witnessed.

agree with everything here.. :beermug:

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: April 25, 2010, 10:32:45 AM »

When ah talk about manu and their fans having no class, I forgot to include them having no sense, too. 
I didn't know there was such a category as "offensive fouls" in football.  What next, traveling and technical fouls, too?

Yuh right, boy.  Drogba had absolutely NO RIGHT attempting to get that ball, but allyuh lucky in trute is not basketball playin' here....evans woulda get his face mashed in by some one ah Drogba teammates.

so u never playing and a man hit u a moving screen violation yet?  :o
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: April 25, 2010, 11:07:38 AM »

so u never playing and a man hit u a moving screen violation yet?  :o

It's just that your claim of Drogba trying to commit an "offensive foul" to go after a ball he had every tight to go after is completely preposterous and (expectantly) classless of you.  Evans clearly and unnecessarily stamp the man in his chest and got away with it.  It has to be one of the worst pieces of refereeing (and linesman non-supporting) I have seen this season.  I could only imagine hummuch allyuh and alex woulda be carryin' on wit if the roles were reversed. 

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: April 25, 2010, 11:23:53 AM »
allyuh bamsee winking in here ent?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: April 25, 2010, 11:54:33 AM »
yours to lose, ours to win
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: April 25, 2010, 02:37:05 PM »

exactly...we were always in a position to hope on other results after we blew it... I have no faith in Liverpool because they are pathetic so If they get a result vs Chelsea it would be a pleasant surprise ...

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: April 25, 2010, 03:01:40 PM »

exactly...we were always in a position to hope on other results after we blew it... I have no faith in Liverpool because they are pathetic so If they get a result vs Chelsea it would be a pleasant surprise ...

I am not convinced we have what it takes to get a win at Anfield. Liverpool have not lost there in ages now. If they are prepared to sit back and defend they could easily stifle us, as they are defending well nowadays. I am hoping Benitez will pick an attacking side and let both sides shoot it out.

At the same time, Rooney being out again is a bonus. You were lucky against Spurs (I think Nani is a very good player, but should have been dealt with much better) and hopefully Sunderland will have learnt from Spurs' mistakes and keep a closer eye on Nani - beyond him you have no real offensive threat. Not sure we can depend on Steve Bruce to help us out though  :-\

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: April 25, 2010, 05:51:43 PM »

It was always ours to lose and we seemed to have done our best to lose it in trute.  Chelsea was always the better team this season but we allowed lots of unnecessary dropped points against: Wigan, West Ham, Birmingham, Aston Villa, @ ManCity  (the loss to them @ Stamford Bridge was a wash!!) and Hull........any two or three points from these games should have made the difference in already closing out the title already.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: April 25, 2010, 06:33:41 PM »

It was always ours to lose and we seemed to have done our best to lose it in trute.  Chelsea was always the better team this season but we allowed lots of unnecessary dropped points against: Wigan, West Ham, Birmingham, Aston Villa, @ ManCity  (the loss to them @ Stamford Bridge was a wash!!) and Hull........any two or three points from these games should have made the difference in already closing out the title already.

yea but same thing could be said for United's dropped points...so whoever loses will naturally look back at points dropped...

may the best team win yes

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: April 25, 2010, 06:44:05 PM »
Rooney wins Player of the Year

Wayne Rooney has been voted player of the year by his peers in the Professional Footballers' Association.

The Manchester United striker, who has scored 34 goals this season, beat off competition from Didier Drogba, Carlos Tevez and Cesc Fabregas.

Rooney, 24, said: "It's a great feeling to win because it's voted for by the players. It's a great honour and I'm really proud."

The young player of the year award was won by Aston Villa's James Milner.

Rooney has blossomed at Old Trafford this season after the departure of Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez.

He has played in a more advanced role than in previous seasons and has added powerful heading ability to his overall game.

But he injured ankle ligaments in the first leg of United's Champions League quarter-final against Bayern Munich, and missed Saturday's 1-0 win over Tottenham with a groin injury sustained in training.

However, Rooney insisted he will be fit for the World Cup and indeed hopes to play in United's last league game, against Stoke.

"The groin will be fine for the World Cup, there are no worries about that," he said. "I'm hoping to play for United in the last game of the season.

"I remember coming here in 2005 and 2006 to win the young player of the year award. I saw the players winning the main one and it's something I've aimed for since."

The striker paid tribute to United boss Sir Alex Ferguson and the influence he has had on his career.

"Sir Alex is a great manager who has really brought me on as a player since I joined United. His hunger passes through to the players.

"It's great to see that he's pushing 70 and he hasn't changed a bit. I'm sure he'll be at United a long time yet."

Rooney was also nominated for the young player award but Milner, also 24, was voted winner.

A string of fine performances and an ability to play in a number of positions have made him a front-runner for a position in Fabio Capello's squad for the World Cup.

Milner said: "I've been moved into the middle and that suits me as it helps me influence the game a bit more. Sometimes when you are wide on the right you can't get yourself into it."

Former Leeds and South Africa defender Lucas Radebe, 41, won the PFA Merit Award.

"Sport can change the world. Football has played such a big part in lifting my community," he said. "I'm very proud to get such a great award."

Premier League team of the year: Joe Hart (Man City, Birmingham on loan), Branislav Ivanovic (Chelsea), Thomas Vermaelen (Arsenal), Richard Dunne (Aston Villa), Patrice Evra (Man Utd), Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal), James Milner (Aston Villa), Darren Fletcher (Man Utd), Antonio Valencia (Man Utd), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd), Didier Drogba (Chelsea).
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/8643305.stm
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 06:53:50 PM by Small Magician aka Wazza »

Offline WestCoast

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: April 25, 2010, 07:02:20 PM »
Well done Shrek  :applause: :applause:
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: April 25, 2010, 07:19:40 PM »

yea but same thing could be said for United's dropped points...so whoever loses will naturally look back at points dropped...

may the best team win yes

Yeah, that is very true, but for the team that was deemed to be the overall better team with the greater expectations this season, the ruing of dropped points would tend to reverberate a little more on our side of the room this season. At this point, may the better team (or the team with the lighter remaining schedule  ;)) win in trute.   

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: April 25, 2010, 09:16:15 PM »
Fletcherinho better than Lampard.  :rotfl:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: April 25, 2010, 09:35:40 PM »
Rafael shows his relief against Spurs:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/M7wQLQDMTyo&amp;fmt=18" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/M7wQLQDMTyo&amp;fmt=18</a>

He may have made some dodgy decisions in the last few weeks - but much of that is borne of inexperience and trying too hard. I rate both him and his brother though - and I hope that both them and De Laet are given ample opportunity to carve out spots as first team regulars in the coming years.

giggsy11

« Reply #1619 on: April 26, 2010, 07:52:31 AM »
If we lose the title I would have preferred it did not go to Chelski, but unfortunately I think they have been better than we have been this year in the games that mattered hence the goal difference and one point deficit. If they win you know we are going to hear the BS about 'we got out trophy back" nonsense.

1]; } ?>