April 19, 2024, 08:40:59 PM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 917074 times)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #1620 on: April 26, 2010, 08:09:10 AM »
Fletcherinho better than Lampard.  :rotfl:

I was watchin dat too eh!  Imagine 20+ consistent goal scorer Lampard eh make dat team.  All I could say is WOW!  I think an argument can also surely be made for Malouda over Valencia as well.  I like AV but he wasn't better nor did he contribute more to his team this year than Malouda did for us.

So what would you have us say Giggsy?  Man U was better and we lucky to get it?!! :rotfl:

giggsy11

« Reply #1621 on: April 26, 2010, 08:28:31 AM »

I was watchin dat too eh!  Imagine 20+ consistent goal scorer Lampard eh make dat team.  All I could say is WOW!  I think an argument can also surely be made for Malouda over Valencia as well.  I like AV but he wasn't better nor did he contribute more to his team this year than Malouda did for us.

So what would you have us say Giggsy?  Man U was better and we lucky to get it?!! :rotfl:

Aah, what are you talking about? I said we were not good enough not that Chelski was lucky. You scored more goals and have won more games. It is a bottomline thing; and I am not going to make excuses if we lose the title-the past three years were better than everybody else including Chelski and the numbers at the end of the day did not lie. But it has been so long for your team so it appears that some of you Chelski/ABU fans are making up for lost time getting your licks in with your petty comments because you are finally in a postion to win the league. Enjoy!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: April 26, 2010, 09:05:11 AM »

Aah, what are you talking about? I said we were not good enough not that Chelski was lucky. You scored more goals and have won more games. It is a bottomline thing; and I am not going to make excuses if we lose the title-the past three years were better than everybody else including Chelski and the numbers at the end of the day did not lie. But it has been so long for your team so it appears that some of you Chelski/ABU fans are making up for lost time getting your licks in with your petty comments because you are finally in a postion to win the league. Enjoy!

Last year we were in a position to win the league and GAVE it to Man United just like we are trying our utmost best to give it to Man United again this year. This year there was no doubt that Chelsea was by far the best team in th eleague. Most all the games we gave up was us not stepping up (except for Man City) and trying to cruise to victory.

Valencia did what this season? This PFA team of the year is a joke.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: April 26, 2010, 09:08:16 AM »

Why are you all surprised? I'm not...

Allyuh does really take on that PFA team of the year bullshit which more often than not is an exercise in Manchester United balls licking??

I remember the year Man Utd won back the title from Chelsea when they put out a PFA team with 8 man utd players.. All kinda shitty John O'Shea making the side. Now you have Chelsea on the brink of the title you would think there would be the requisite representation..

Who in their right mind would take Darren Fletcher over Lampard? And Malouda could very well be Chelsea's player of the season yet they have Antonio Valencia there, who has been good for the most part but inconsistent and insignificant in big games.. As a matter of fact, at a point in time he was getting bench for Nani. I would even take Steven Pienaar in front of Valencia this year.

Utter and complete nonsense but then again is not like Chelsea have anyone inside the FA..  :bs:

giggsy11

« Reply #1624 on: April 26, 2010, 09:28:55 AM »

Why are you all surprised? I'm not...

Allyuh does really take on that PFA team of the year bullshit which more often than not is an exercise in Manchester United balls licking??

I remember the year Man Utd won back the title from Chelsea when they put out a PFA team with 8 man utd players.. All kinda shitty John O'Shea making the side. Now you have Chelsea on the brink of the title you would think there would be the requisite representation..

Who in their right mind would take Darren Fletcher over Lampard? And Malouda could very well be Chelsea's player of the season yet they have Antonio Valencia there, who has been good for the most part but inconsistent and insignificant in big games.. As a matter of fact, at a point in time he was getting bench for Nani. I would even take Steven Pienaar in front of Valencia this year.

Utter and complete nonsense but then again is not like Chelsea have anyone inside the FA..  :bs:

Come nah man; there was a year when Chelksi didn't win the title and they had more players on that team than United. how many time times did John Terry got a place and he missed a lots of games due to injury. I agree that some of the selections each year have not always reflected the player who actually should be on it but this is not the first year. A lot of things go into play why one player is selected over another and it has nothing to do with quality of play but possibly who the play plays for as well as how they act.

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: April 27, 2010, 04:49:12 PM »
The Rise of Nani: Official ManUtd.Com Compilation

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jKnMz_GseBM&amp;fmt=18" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/jKnMz_GseBM&amp;fmt=18</a>

The most improved player for Utd this season - to the point where he has a shot at starting for some years to come.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 05:45:51 PM by xixgon »

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: April 27, 2010, 05:10:50 PM »
Football is a funny game,i always wondered how/why Utd used to play without this guy,i always saw him as a very effective player from day one.People only see and rate who they want to rate,when Ronaldo was there nobody saw Rooney,is the same with Nani as long as Rooney there no one will see him,Rooney not being there is a blessing in disguise  for a lot of guys to see the light.

giggsy11

« Reply #1627 on: April 27, 2010, 05:41:53 PM »
Football is a funny game,i always wondered how/why Utd used to play without this guy,i always saw him as a very effective player from day one.People only see and rate who they want to rate,when Ronaldo was there nobody saw Rooney,is the same with Nani as long as Rooney there no one will see him,Rooney not being there is a blessing in disguise  for a lot of guys to see the light.

Nani only just starting to be productive on the field which has helped Rooney produce. Even though Ronaldo starred most United fans recognized that Rooney's sacrificing contributed to him being able to have such a free run. Nani needs to have a full season of being productive before I can believe he can be relied on. The problem for him is that he plays better on the right side but because Valencia is only able to play on that side Nani has to play on the left to accomodate him. Hopefully by next season Valencia will be able do some swapping with him. United lacks a natural left sided player.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: April 27, 2010, 06:51:19 PM »
nani cah cross for shit
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #1629 on: April 27, 2010, 07:20:38 PM »
Anybody see the new shirts for next season? They are similar in design from 1980-lets hope it is not a sign of things to come.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: April 27, 2010, 08:19:25 PM »
nani cah cross for shit

he has a problem with poor decision making  also
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: April 27, 2010, 09:39:06 PM »
nani cah cross for shit

His game (crossing, decision making etc) probably isn't as tight and decisive as Valencia - but he's visibly improved this season with the confidence of more playing time and the boss's backing. He has 9 assists in 25 league and CL games this season - which is decent, especially considering he often plays out of his most comfortable position.

He can yet score more goals and work on his mental strength and focus - but while he will never be Ronaldo - I now believe he can be a solid starter for us, where not too long ago he seemed destined to be on his way.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: April 28, 2010, 12:33:51 AM »

PFA is voted for by the players. So unless u are alleging vote rigging not sure how this point is relevant.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: April 28, 2010, 07:17:23 AM »

PFA is voted for by the players. So unless u are alleging vote rigging not sure how this point is relevant.

^^^^^^
This. United cozy with the FA?  ::)
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: April 28, 2010, 09:23:53 AM »

I was wondering if to say dat eh..buh i decide i eh go bother.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1635 on: April 28, 2010, 10:10:13 AM »

Ok my bad, i got that one wrong.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: April 28, 2010, 10:16:10 AM »

Ok my bad, i got that one wrong.

Here I thought you were talking about the Premier league team of the year and not the PFA footballer of the year, which I think is different...but if you were referring to the PFA footballer of the year, then yeah, you got it wrong  :D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: April 28, 2010, 10:23:43 AM »
nani cah cross for shit

His game (crossing, decision making etc) probably isn't as tight and decisive as Valencia - but he's visibly improved this season with the confidence of more playing time and the boss's backing. He has 9 assists in 25 league and CL games this season - which is decent, especially considering he often plays out of his most comfortable position.

He can yet score more goals and work on his mental strength and focus - but while he will never be Ronaldo - I now believe he can be a solid starter for us, where not too long ago he seemed destined to be on his way.

come to think about it, CR started the same way as well........couldnt cross, poor decisions etc.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: April 28, 2010, 03:45:55 PM »
nani cah cross for shit

come to think about it, CR started the same way as well........couldnt cross, poor decisions etc.

Haha yeah but Ronaldo is just more talented in basically every aspect. Physically he's just a goalscoring specimen as well, and can hurt you in numerous ways. If Nani can catch up to Ronaldo's mental ruthlessness and make use of the gifts he DOES have - den I would be more than satisfied with that yes.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: April 30, 2010, 04:03:18 AM »
Exclusive Fergie interview: Selling Jaap Stam was my biggest mistake as Man United boss

Published 08:31 23/04/10 By David McDonnell   (4) Recommend (1)

Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted his biggest mistake as Manchester United boss - selling defender Jaap Stam at the peak of his powers.

In an exclusive interview released to MirrorFootball, Fergie admitted the sale of Stam to Lazio in 2001 for £16.5million was one of the rare blunders in his glittering Old Trafford reign.

Fergie: Reports I'm quitting are "absolute rubbish"! 

And although Fergie has since made his peace with Stam, who was sold against the backdrop of Old Trafford dressing-room revelations in his autobiography, the United boss admitted he is still troubled by selling the big Dutchman.

"It was one of the mistakes I made – hopefully I haven't made too many – but that was one," said Fergie.

"I got this offer from Lazio for £18.5million. Was it £18.5million? No, £16.5million I think it was, and I says, "Can't turn it down. He's 30 years of age.

"I thought if we could get Laurent Blanc for a year or so and bring the young ones through – like Wes Brown and John O'Shea - but it backfired.

"Jaap and I have got on well together. We spoke the last time we were over in Holland at the Ajax Tournament. I spoke to him for a long time there and everything’s fine."

Stam, who is returning to Old Trafford on May 1 for a charity fundraising event, said he was no longer bitter at being forced out of United.

"I'd really enjoyed myself at the club and thought I'd been doing well up to that point so it was hard at the time I left," said Stam.

"It all happened very quickly because of the Champions League deadline – Lazio needed to register me as their player.

"It wasn't an easy moment, but that's what happens in football - players come and go and unfortunately it was me who had to go then.

"I had a great time at United – I met some great people and I had a good relationship with everybody at the club – the boss, players, staff and fans.

"I'm really looking forward to coming back. It's been a while since I was at Old Trafford, especially as a player and it’ll be great to see some old friends.

"I loved my time at United and I’m sure I’ll get that same buzz when I pull on the red shirt.

"I still remember how it felt when you stepped out of the tunnel and you saw the crowd and it was always a great feeling. It’ll be a thrill to be back there.

"I've played in some great teams but the Treble side is the best I’ve been involved with. There was a great balance to the team and we always believed in ourselves.

Stam is one of six heroes from United's 1999 Treble-winning side taking part in a charity match to raise money for the Manchester United Foundation.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Andy Cole, Denis Irwin, Ronny Johnsen and Dwight Yorke will join Stam against a side containing former Liverpool trio Ian Rush, Peter Beardsley and John Barnes as well as celebrities, including Ronan Keating.

"I wonder what they're doing after," joked Fergie when asked about Cole and Yorke.

"Keep an eye on the two of them. But, seriously, they were a fantastic partnership that year with I think it was 52 goals between them.

"I think they were the best in Europe, they were unbelievable. It was a partnership that just took off immediately.

"I don't know why, the chemistry or something just clicked between the two of them but it developed into an unbelievable partnership.

"So much so that I found difficulty, great difficulty, in keeping Teddy Sheringham and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer warm and happy, that's how effective Cole and Yorke were.

"I was very fortunate to have four great strikers like that when you think about it, really fortunate.

"And yes, it created headaches at time, you know, picking the right two but that season Cole and Yorke were unbelievable.

"For most of the time Cole and Yorke's form dictated exactly who we were going to be playing all the time."

Speaking ahead of the charity match, Fergie said: "I'm starting the game and then rushing off to Sunderland. I'm looking forward to it and I just hope there's a good turn-out.

"The players who will be showing up deserve that recognition because their place in the club's history is a firm one.

"And it's for a great cause. Half of the money is going to the Manchester United Foundation.

"The club does fantastic work through the foundation, through their work with various charities and their great connection with UNICEF."

*Fergie was speaking ahead of United Relief Live: The Big Red Family Day Out, which is being held at Old Trafford on May 1.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Selling-Jaap-Stam-was-my-biggest-mistake-as-Manchester-United-boss-and-Dwight-Yorke-and-Andrew-Cole-were-best-partnership-in-Europe-says-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-Exclusive-interview-article402091.html
(Muslim)

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: April 30, 2010, 09:31:30 AM »
Exclusive Fergie interview: Selling Jaap Stam was my biggest mistake as Man United boss

Published 08:31 23/04/10 By David McDonnell   (4) Recommend (1)

Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted his biggest mistake as Manchester United boss - selling defender Jaap Stam at the peak of his powers.

In an exclusive interview released to MirrorFootball, Fergie admitted the sale of Stam to Lazio in 2001 for £16.5million was one of the rare blunders in his glittering Old Trafford reign.

Fergie: Reports I'm quitting are "absolute rubbish"! 

And although Fergie has since made his peace with Stam, who was sold against the backdrop of Old Trafford dressing-room revelations in his autobiography, the United boss admitted he is still troubled by selling the big Dutchman.

"It was one of the mistakes I made – hopefully I haven't made too many – but that was one," said Fergie.

"I got this offer from Lazio for £18.5million. Was it £18.5million? No, £16.5million I think it was, and I says, "Can't turn it down. He's 30 years of age.

"I thought if we could get Laurent Blanc for a year or so and bring the young ones through – like Wes Brown and John O'Shea - but it backfired.

"Jaap and I have got on well together. We spoke the last time we were over in Holland at the Ajax Tournament. I spoke to him for a long time there and everything’s fine."

Stam, who is returning to Old Trafford on May 1 for a charity fundraising event, said he was no longer bitter at being forced out of United.

"I'd really enjoyed myself at the club and thought I'd been doing well up to that point so it was hard at the time I left," said Stam.

"It all happened very quickly because of the Champions League deadline – Lazio needed to register me as their player.

"It wasn't an easy moment, but that's what happens in football - players come and go and unfortunately it was me who had to go then.

"I had a great time at United – I met some great people and I had a good relationship with everybody at the club – the boss, players, staff and fans.

"I'm really looking forward to coming back. It's been a while since I was at Old Trafford, especially as a player and it’ll be great to see some old friends.

"I loved my time at United and I’m sure I’ll get that same buzz when I pull on the red shirt.

"I still remember how it felt when you stepped out of the tunnel and you saw the crowd and it was always a great feeling. It’ll be a thrill to be back there.

"I've played in some great teams but the Treble side is the best I’ve been involved with. There was a great balance to the team and we always believed in ourselves.

Stam is one of six heroes from United's 1999 Treble-winning side taking part in a charity match to raise money for the Manchester United Foundation.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Andy Cole, Denis Irwin, Ronny Johnsen and Dwight Yorke will join Stam against a side containing former Liverpool trio Ian Rush, Peter Beardsley and John Barnes as well as celebrities, including Ronan Keating.

"I wonder what they're doing after," joked Fergie when asked about Cole and Yorke.

"Keep an eye on the two of them. But, seriously, they were a fantastic partnership that year with I think it was 52 goals between them.

"I think they were the best in Europe, they were unbelievable. It was a partnership that just took off immediately.

"I don't know why, the chemistry or something just clicked between the two of them but it developed into an unbelievable partnership.

"So much so that I found difficulty, great difficulty, in keeping Teddy Sheringham and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer warm and happy, that's how effective Cole and Yorke were.

"I was very fortunate to have four great strikers like that when you think about it, really fortunate.

"And yes, it created headaches at time, you know, picking the right two but that season Cole and Yorke were unbelievable.

"For most of the time Cole and Yorke's form dictated exactly who we were going to be playing all the time."

Speaking ahead of the charity match, Fergie said: "I'm starting the game and then rushing off to Sunderland. I'm looking forward to it and I just hope there's a good turn-out.

"The players who will be showing up deserve that recognition because their place in the club's history is a firm one.

"And it's for a great cause. Half of the money is going to the Manchester United Foundation.

"The club does fantastic work through the foundation, through their work with various charities and their great connection with UNICEF."

*Fergie was speaking ahead of United Relief Live: The Big Red Family Day Out, which is being held at Old Trafford on May 1.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Selling-Jaap-Stam-was-my-biggest-mistake-as-Manchester-United-boss-and-Dwight-Yorke-and-Andrew-Cole-were-best-partnership-in-Europe-says-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-Exclusive-interview-article402091.html

Letting Tevez go and Buying Berbatov...recent mistakes

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: April 30, 2010, 10:12:16 AM »

Letting Tevez go and Buying Berbatov...recent mistakes

from the outside it looking so, but tevez new boss getting trouble from him. Remember fergie made the offer but tevez's pride made him refuse. He is a boss player, and hopefully he will get a bit smarter
(Muslim)

giggsy11

« Reply #1642 on: April 30, 2010, 10:49:26 AM »
Tevez not a mistake; he is never happy always complaining. Not worth the aggravation or money.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: April 30, 2010, 11:03:38 AM »
Tevez not a mistake; he is never happy always complaining. Not worth the aggravation or money.

come nah man, he derserve alot more dan united was givin 'im...................he after all d world's last living Neanderthal ..............or atleast he looks like one ???
I pity the fool....

giggsy11

« Reply #1644 on: April 30, 2010, 11:48:47 AM »

come nah man, he derserve alot more dan united was givin 'im...................he after all d world's last living Neanderthal ..............or atleast he looks like one ???

Who would an ugly contest between him and Ribery?

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: April 30, 2010, 11:54:42 AM »

bale.

geico have an apb out on them
(Muslim)

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: April 30, 2010, 12:08:07 PM »

bale.

Luke Chadwick had them all beat...
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

giggsy11

« Reply #1647 on: April 30, 2010, 12:35:06 PM »

bale.

Dude he has to grow his hair so it can cover his ears to make it smaller and it still pointing out! Spock's son!

giggsy11

« Reply #1648 on: April 30, 2010, 12:36:36 PM »

bale.

I thought fletcher was related with his mullett and bony face but he got a big boy haircut and it left Luke by him self.

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: April 30, 2010, 09:51:50 PM »

bale.

I thought fletcher was related with his mullett and bony face but he got a big boy haircut and it left Luke by him self.

Benayoun, Bullard :)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 01:17:58 AM by xixgon »

1]; } ?>