April 29, 2024, 03:35:24 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 922923 times)

giggsy11

Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #1680 on: May 02, 2010, 04:31:33 PM »

Actually yuh also leave out Obi mikel!

Nah, I eh leave him out.  He doesn't belong in this conversation, not with the names I call dey.  But he is more talented than paul scholes (he's just not playing as an attacking midfielder) and he's waaaaaaaaaaay ahead of scholes' career curve, so, as much as I didn't need to mention him, I know he's already in allyuh manu fans' heads!  :devil:

Lets bet that Anderson becomes better than Obi mikel.

I doh want to take yuh munny.....or whatever it is yuh puttin up fuh a wager. 

Yu win i wear an obi jersey/chelski i win you wear a united anderson jersey.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: May 02, 2010, 04:36:30 PM »

Nah, I eh leave him out.  He doesn't belong in this conversation, not with the names I call dey.  But he is more talented than paul scholes (he's just not playing as an attacking midfielder) and he's waaaaaaaaaaay ahead of scholes' career curve, so, as much as I didn't need to mention him, I know he's already in allyuh manu fans' heads!  :devil:

Listen, anderson need to start an international career before he could be mentioned in the same library as my boy and they play two different roles for their respective clubs.  How can you measure one's progress against the other?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 10:40:42 AM by Mango Chow! »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: May 03, 2010, 03:50:57 PM »
KRAP – Keep Rafa At ‘Pool

May 3, 2010 - The Republik of Mancunia Blog

“When I signed a contract ­extension last year, it was because the squad was good and I was told the money would be there,” said Benitez. “In the end, things changed. We have had a bad season ­because the conditions of my job changed. Hopefully things will be different in the future, but at the moment I can’t talk about the future because I don’t know what is going on here. Because of the history of Liverpool, everyone expects us to be at the top all of the time. But the real situation is that we are competing under different conditions because of the situation with money and the stadium. You can push for a while, but you can’t keep on pushing and closing the gap. If we do everything to perfection then maybe this club could challenge. But if United, Chelsea and Arsenal also do everything perfectly then it becomes very difficult because of the situation this club is in. It is a big difference. You only have to look at the players we had on the bench against Atletico to see that.”

FACTS

1. Six teams are above Liverpool in the league. Only three of those clubs (Chelsea, City and Spurs) have spent more money than Liverpool in Rafa Benitez’s six seasons at the club.

2. Six teams are above Liverpool in the league. Only two of those clubs (Chelsea and City) have a larger net spend than Liverpool in Rafa Benitez’s six seasons at the club.

3. Everton are four points behind Liverpool, but Benitez has spent £147,129,500 than them in the last six years, and has a net spend of £85,649,500 more.

4. Benitez has spent £55,580,000 more than Sir Alex Ferguson in the past six years. In that time, Liverpool have won one European Cup, one FA Cup and one UEFA Super Cup. United have won three league titles, one European Cup, three League Cups and one FIFA World Club Cup.

5. Even if you imagine United didn’t make £68m on Cristiano Ronaldo, Liverpool would still have a net spend of £8m more than United.

To ensure United reach number 19 before Liverpool, it is imperative that Rafa Benitez stays their manager and continues to piss money they don’t have up the wall.

In Rafa we trust!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 03:56:13 PM by xixgon »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: May 03, 2010, 07:02:35 PM »
KRAP – Keep Rafa At ‘Pool

May 3, 2010 - The Republik of Mancunia Blog

“When I signed a contract ­extension last year, it was because the squad was good and I was told the money would be there,” said Benitez. “In the end, things changed. We have had a bad season ­because the conditions of my job changed. Hopefully things will be different in the future, but at the moment I can’t talk about the future because I don’t know what is going on here. Because of the history of Liverpool, everyone expects us to be at the top all of the time. But the real situation is that we are competing under different conditions because of the situation with money and the stadium. You can push for a while, but you can’t keep on pushing and closing the gap. If we do everything to perfection then maybe this club could challenge. But if United, Chelsea and Arsenal also do everything perfectly then it becomes very difficult because of the situation this club is in. It is a big difference. You only have to look at the players we had on the bench against Atletico to see that.”

FACTS

1. Six teams are above Liverpool in the league. Only three of those clubs (Chelsea, City and Spurs) have spent more money than Liverpool in Rafa Benitez’s six seasons at the club.

2. Six teams are above Liverpool in the league. Only two of those clubs (Chelsea and City) have a larger net spend than Liverpool in Rafa Benitez’s six seasons at the club.

3. Everton are four points behind Liverpool, but Benitez has spent £147,129,500 than them in the last six years, and has a net spend of £85,649,500 more.

4. Benitez has spent £55,580,000 more than Sir Alex Ferguson in the past six years. In that time, Liverpool have won one European Cup, one FA Cup and one UEFA Super Cup. United have won three league titles, one European Cup, three League Cups and one FIFA World Club Cup.

5. Even if you imagine United didn’t make £68m on Cristiano Ronaldo, Liverpool would still have a net spend of £8m more than United.

To ensure United reach number 19 before Liverpool, it is imperative that Rafa Benitez stays their manager and continues to piss money they don’t have up the wall.

In Rafa we trust!

....I don't really like having anything in common with manu fans :devil: but.....this is a worthy cause, however short lived it turns out (he is DEFINITELY out!).....where do I sign up?!

giggsy11

« Reply #1684 on: May 03, 2010, 07:20:06 PM »
Rafa = Jim Jones-and most of Liverstool fans still drinkin the kool aid.

giggsy11

« Reply #1685 on: May 03, 2010, 08:08:56 PM »
Exclusive Fergie interview: Selling Jaap Stam was my biggest mistake as Man United boss

Published 08:31 23/04/10 By David McDonnell   (4) Recommend (1)

Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted his biggest mistake as Manchester United boss - selling defender Jaap Stam at the peak of his powers.

In an exclusive interview released to MirrorFootball, Fergie admitted the sale of Stam to Lazio in 2001 for £16.5million was one of the rare blunders in his glittering Old Trafford reign.

Fergie: Reports I'm quitting are "absolute rubbish"! 

And although Fergie has since made his peace with Stam, who was sold against the backdrop of Old Trafford dressing-room revelations in his autobiography, the United boss admitted he is still troubled by selling the big Dutchman.

"It was one of the mistakes I made – hopefully I haven't made too many – but that was one," said Fergie.

"I got this offer from Lazio for £18.5million. Was it £18.5million? No, £16.5million I think it was, and I says, "Can't turn it down. He's 30 years of age.

"I thought if we could get Laurent Blanc for a year or so and bring the young ones through – like Wes Brown and John O'Shea - but it backfired.

"Jaap and I have got on well together. We spoke the last time we were over in Holland at the Ajax Tournament. I spoke to him for a long time there and everything’s fine."

Stam, who is returning to Old Trafford on May 1 for a charity fundraising event, said he was no longer bitter at being forced out of United.

"I'd really enjoyed myself at the club and thought I'd been doing well up to that point so it was hard at the time I left," said Stam.

"It all happened very quickly because of the Champions League deadline – Lazio needed to register me as their player.

"It wasn't an easy moment, but that's what happens in football - players come and go and unfortunately it was me who had to go then.

"I had a great time at United – I met some great people and I had a good relationship with everybody at the club – the boss, players, staff and fans.

"I'm really looking forward to coming back. It's been a while since I was at Old Trafford, especially as a player and it’ll be great to see some old friends.

"I loved my time at United and I’m sure I’ll get that same buzz when I pull on the red shirt.

"I still remember how it felt when you stepped out of the tunnel and you saw the crowd and it was always a great feeling. It’ll be a thrill to be back there.

"I've played in some great teams but the Treble side is the best I’ve been involved with. There was a great balance to the team and we always believed in ourselves.

Stam is one of six heroes from United's 1999 Treble-winning side taking part in a charity match to raise money for the Manchester United Foundation.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Andy Cole, Denis Irwin, Ronny Johnsen and Dwight Yorke will join Stam against a side containing former Liverpool trio Ian Rush, Peter Beardsley and John Barnes as well as celebrities, including Ronan Keating.

"I wonder what they're doing after," joked Fergie when asked about Cole and Yorke.

"Keep an eye on the two of them. But, seriously, they were a fantastic partnership that year with I think it was 52 goals between them.

"I think they were the best in Europe, they were unbelievable. It was a partnership that just took off immediately.

"I don't know why, the chemistry or something just clicked between the two of them but it developed into an unbelievable partnership.

"So much so that I found difficulty, great difficulty, in keeping Teddy Sheringham and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer warm and happy, that's how effective Cole and Yorke were.

"I was very fortunate to have four great strikers like that when you think about it, really fortunate.

"And yes, it created headaches at time, you know, picking the right two but that season Cole and Yorke were unbelievable.

"For most of the time Cole and Yorke's form dictated exactly who we were going to be playing all the time."

Speaking ahead of the charity match, Fergie said: "I'm starting the game and then rushing off to Sunderland. I'm looking forward to it and I just hope there's a good turn-out.

"The players who will be showing up deserve that recognition because their place in the club's history is a firm one.

"And it's for a great cause. Half of the money is going to the Manchester United Foundation.

"The club does fantastic work through the foundation, through their work with various charities and their great connection with UNICEF."

*Fergie was speaking ahead of United Relief Live: The Big Red Family Day Out, which is being held at Old Trafford on May 1.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Selling-Jaap-Stam-was-my-biggest-mistake-as-Manchester-United-boss-and-Dwight-Yorke-and-Andrew-Cole-were-best-partnership-in-Europe-says-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-Exclusive-interview-article402091.html

Not buying Van DerSar after he left Juve.

giggsy11

« Reply #1686 on: May 04, 2010, 09:54:19 AM »

Listen, anderson need to start an international career before he could be mentioned in the same library as my boy and they play two different roles for their respective clubs.  How can you measure one's progress against the other?

Actually yuh boy has an international career because he plays for Nigeria and there is less competition for spots compared to Brazil. When Anderson comes back we will pick up this discussion.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: May 04, 2010, 10:38:26 AM »
Anderson also has an international career.

giggsy11

« Reply #1688 on: May 04, 2010, 11:10:24 AM »

You are right but I guess Chow thinks it is not as significant as Obi Knobi

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: May 04, 2010, 07:07:23 PM »

He has played ONE game for Brazil's senior team in Copa America and his youth and Olympic team representation for Brazil is rather parallel to Mikel's repping of Nigeria.......somewhat.....but he is not likely to make it to South Africa.  I would quicker take Rafinha from Shalke over anderson......and Rafinha is a dam defender! But I ask the question again, what will you use as a determining criteria to judge one player "better" than the other?  They both play completely different roles for their respective club teams. Has manu asked anderson to play a role the polar opposite to his natural position?

giggsy11

« Reply #1690 on: May 04, 2010, 07:17:46 PM »

He has played ONE game for Brazil's senior team in Copa America and his youth and Olympic team representation for Brazil is rather parallel to Mikel's repping of Nigeria.......somewhat.....but he is not likely to make it to South Africa.  I would quicker take Rafinha from Shalke over anderson......and Rafinha is a dam defender! But I ask the question again, what will you use as a determining criteria to judge one player "better" than the other?  They both play completely different roles for their respective club teams. Has manu asked anderson to play a role the polar opposite to his natural position?

Yes,they have asked Anderson a few times to play as a defensive midfielder. I don't think they have really given him a run of games in the potistion he was sucessful playing before he joined them. Not sure if it has to do with him breaking his leg and having to change his game.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: May 04, 2010, 11:49:41 PM »

Anderson has played more than one game for the Brazil senior team (not including Olympics)

giggsy11

« Reply #1692 on: May 05, 2010, 06:20:54 PM »

Anderson has played more than one game for the Brazil senior team (not including Olympics)

Doh study Chow he know this might be as good as it gets for Obi Knobi None

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: May 05, 2010, 07:28:02 PM »

Yes,they have asked Anderson a few times to play as a defensive midfielder. I don't think they have really given him a run of games in the potistion he was sucessful playing before he joined them. Not sure if it has to do with him breaking his leg and having to change his game.

OK...they have asked him a "few times."  What is his official role/position at manu and how wwell did he perform when they asked?
I don't think Chelsea have "asked" JOM a "few times" though, to play (what most deem to be) outside his natural position. 
  By the way....I knew all along that anderson played more than 1 game for Brazil senior (obviously Olympics doh count) but I was being sarcastic because it is obvious that JOM plays a more important and pivotal role for Nigeria than anderson does for Brazil and I don't care what the difference between the two teams are.  Bottom line is, JOM is going to South Africa.  Is anderson going next month, too? (Oh yeah...Luis Fabiano may have a injury goin' on....maybe Dunga will call him up as a fill-in)   

giggsy11

« Reply #1694 on: May 05, 2010, 08:13:50 PM »

OK...they have asked him a "few times."  What is his official role/position at manu and how wwell did he perform when they asked?
I don't think Chelsea have "asked" JOM a "few times" though, to play (what most deem to be) outside his natural position. 
  By the way....I knew all along that anderson played more than 1 game for Brazil senior (obviously Olympics doh count) but I was being sarcastic because it is obvious that JOM plays a more important and pivotal role for Nigeria than anderson does for Brazil and I don't care what the difference between the two teams are.  Bottom line is, JOM is going to South Africa.  Is anderson going next month, too? (Oh yeah...Luis Fabiano may have a injury goin' on....maybe Dunga will call him up as a fill-in)   

Simple question do you think that if Obi was brazilian he would even get a cap  far less caps like Anderson?

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: May 05, 2010, 08:33:58 PM »

Simple question do you think that if Obi was brazilian he would even get a cap  far less caps like Anderson?

They play different roles for their respective clubs and countries so I can't, on the surface say yes or no to that.  Once two players play different roles and positions for club and/or country, then they aren't exactly competing against each other for slots as they are against other players, are they? 
But since y'all want to deal in hypotheses, let's do that.  I will answer "yes" to your question just like you already have and don't even realize it. You have already conceded that anderson is not "yet" as good as Mikel because you are trying to bet me that "he will become better than"....JOM. If that is the case, and with all things being hypothetically equal, then anderson, as far as you are concerned, is not yet as good and therefore, JOM would have had more appearances for Brazil than anderson has.   anderson wouldn'ta even make Nigeria squad before him.     

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: May 05, 2010, 08:55:46 PM »
Oh Oh....Poor City  ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/IMfIIRIEoGs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/IMfIIRIEoGs</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/t2VCyWLh2og" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/t2VCyWLh2og</a>

I´m not sure whether it´s out of pity or humour but sometimes City fans really do make me want to cry. First there was Christopher Atkinson who got a Kaka tattoo when before Kaka came to his senses and Garry Cook f**ked up the deal. Now there´s Kirk Bradley…

Bradley has a tattoo to mark City winning the Champions League. No, you didn´t miss anything. They haven´t actually won the European Cup. But this sad bluenose reckons they will win it in 2011, and is so confident, he´s had it put in place on his arm forever.

“While I was in the pub one night I was saying how I thought we’d win the Champions League next season,” he said. “My friend turned to me and said ‘if you’re so sure why don’t you have it tattooed?’ He was obviously joking, so you can imagine his face when I turned around and said ‘okay then’. I really believe we have the quality and ambition to go and achieve the biggest prize out there and I think we can do it that soon. With Mark Hughes at the helm and the money flowing in, we are going to not only challenge the big four, but the whole of Europe as well.”

Honestly, you just don´t know whether to laugh or cry with these idiots.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 09:00:11 PM by xixgon »

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: May 06, 2010, 12:24:31 PM »
this is how it feels to be City
this is show it feels to be small...
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: May 06, 2010, 04:07:49 PM »

United announce summer tour - ManUtd.Com

Manchester United will go west to prepare for the 2010/11 season, with new matches announced today for Toronto, Philadelphia, Kansas City and Houston.

The squad, headed by Ryan Giggs and including stars such as Paul Scholes, Edwin van der Sar, Darren Fletcher, Antonio Valencia, John O’Shea, Michael Owen and Dimitar Berbatov, will be bolstered by a number of the promising young players, such as Federico Macheda and the da Silva twins.

First stop is a training camp in Chicago, home of new shirt sponsors Aon. This will be followed by a visit to the Rogers Center in Toronto for a match against Celtic on 16 July, then a return to the Lincoln Financial Field, where United played in 2003 and 2004, against Philadelphia Union on 21 July. Four days later, the Kansas City Wizards provide the opposition at the Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City. The US matches are completed in Houston on 28 July with a game against the MLS All-Stars in the Reliant Stadium.

Two days later, as already announced, the squad will play the Club’s first ever match in Mexico to open Chivas’ new 45,000 seat stadium in Guadalajara.

Sir Alex Ferguson said: “It’s great to be going back to North America. I enjoyed the last two tours there in 2003 and 2004 immensely. The quality of the facilities is outstanding and there is a real enthusiasm in the crowds. It’s especially pleasing to be going in a World Cup year, when the interest in football will be at its height.”

Tour Fixtures, July 2010

16: Glasgow Celtic; Toronto

21: Philadelphia Union; Philadelphia

25: Kansas City Wizards; Kansas

28: MLS All-Stars; Houston

giggsy11

« Reply #1699 on: May 06, 2010, 04:13:10 PM »
United in Philly July 21st, I think i will pass. Nothing beats the 2003 tour with Juve @ Giants stadium, and Barca at the Linc. Even though Philly was annoying because some of those dumb Eagles fans who were in the stadium just for the opening of the Linc not for the match per say kepts shouting E-A-G-L-E-S! Who United bringing worth seeing at this time anyway? Rooney not coming and anybody who played in the World Cup. Berbasoft?

giggsy11

« Reply #1700 on: May 06, 2010, 04:54:33 PM »
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 05:02:24 PM by giggsy11 »

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: May 06, 2010, 06:46:37 PM »
I'm off to Toronto for the Celtic encounter... sorting my visa and flight within 7 days

Just to get a match ticket now  ;D...I will scalp one if I miss out in the sale... I there for sure

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: May 09, 2010, 09:19:39 PM »
Fan Protests outside Old Trafford.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fLh8GDl67Rk&amp;fmt=18" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/fLh8GDl67Rk&amp;fmt=18</a>

The Stetford End express their support for the team and displeasure towards the Glazers.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wtS7wuVf8Nk&amp;fmt=18" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/wtS7wuVf8Nk&amp;fmt=18</a>

What a roller-coaster year yes - roll on next season :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/GJOBLaUJhBg&amp;fmt=18" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/GJOBLaUJhBg&amp;fmt=18</a>

« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 09:29:19 PM by xixgon »

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: May 10, 2010, 03:56:05 PM »
I'm off to Toronto for the Celtic encounter... sorting my visa and flight within 7 days

Just to get a match ticket now  ;D...I will scalp one if I miss out in the sale... I there for sure

Tickets on order, trying to get a dressing room pass from someone in the office.  We go see how dat work out, but it should be good either way.  See alyu dey :devil:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: May 13, 2010, 08:51:22 AM »
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/13052010/58/international-football-berbatov-quits-bulgaria.html

International Football - Berbatov quits Bulgaria

Reuters - Thu, 13 May 14:28:00 2010

Bulgaria captain Dimitar Berbatov has quit the national team hinting that fatigue and family commitments were behind his surprise announcement.

"It was a difficult decision but sometimes we have to take difficult decisions," the 29-year old Manchester United said.

"I needed a long time but there's no way back. It's over," added Berbatov, who became Bulgaria's all-time leading scorer last November when he netted his 48th goal in a friendly against Malta on his 74th international appearance.

"There are many reasons behind my decision but I want to say I took it on my own and no one influenced it.

"I didn't discuss it with (United manager) Alex Ferguson. I did it with my father and my agent."

"I felt tired at times and I also know there are skilful young lads in the national team who look forward to their chance.

"You have to know when it's the right time to stop. Things have changed a lot since I was a 20-year-old. I have a family, a daughter now..."

The decision by the six-times Bulgarian Footballer of the Year is a blow for Bulgaria coach Stanimir Stoilov who has an uphill task in trying to qualify the Balkan country for the European Championship finals in 2012.

Bulgaria have been drawn with England, Switzerland, Wales and Montenegro in Group G with the first matches scheduled for September 3 when they visit Wembley Stadium.

"I've already informed him (Stoilov) and I wished him success as I also think he's capable of achieving something big with the national team," said Berbatov."

He had been named in Bulgaria's squad for friendlies in Belgium on May 19 and World Cup hosts South Africa on May 24.

However, Berbatov has been criticised by his country's fans for not playing at his best for the national team and Bulgarian Football Union vice-president Yordan Lechkov scolded him recently for "not giving enough on the pitch".

The laid-back striker joined United from Tottenham Hotspur in 2008 for a club record fee of £30.75 million but soon came under fire from British media and United supporters after failing to reproduce his scoring form.

But he said on Thursday he was happy at United, who finished runners-up to Chelsea in the Premier League this year, and wanted to remain at the Old Trafford club.

"I'm a Man Utd player, I want to stay there and I'll fight for my place. I wake up happy every morning because I know I'm a United player. I don't show my emotions but that doesn't mean I'm not happy."

Asked about speculation he could leave United, Berbatov said: "I don't know anything about an offer from Milan or from any other club. Germany? There's only one team I could play for there and it's Bayer Leverkusen (his former club)."

Berbatov is the second key Bulgarian player to retire from international football this year after Bursaspor goalkeeper Dimitar Ivankov quit after a friendly against Poland in March.

"It's a sad news for all of us because no doubt Berbatov is one the most successful Bulgarian players," said Bulgaria coach Stoilov.

"I don't support his decision but I respect it."

National team sporting director Nasko Sirakov added: "Let's face the truth: no one can replace Berbatov, but his team mates must try to make his absence less noticeable."
Reuters

giggsy11

« Reply #1705 on: May 13, 2010, 02:41:56 PM »
You are happy berba but we are not.

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: May 14, 2010, 07:15:15 PM »
Bess.

Foster set for Blues deal
- Sky Sports

Ben Foster is in talks with Birmingham City after they agreed a deal with Manchester United, skysports.com can confirm.

Birmingham are in need of a new number one as loan-star Joe Hart is returning to Manchester City following his highly successful stint at St Andrews.

Blues boss Alex McLeish failed with his efforts to keep Hart for another 12-months and so turned his attentions to the red-half of Manchester, and has now agreed a deal with United for Foster.

It is understood Birmingham have agreed a fee in the region of £5million and that Foster is now in talks with the club.

England international Foster has seen his chances limited at United this term, which has cost him a place at the World Cup finals.

His agent Lee Payne has confirmed to skysports.com that his client is in talks with Birmingham.

"We are close to agreeing a deal," he told skysports.com.

"The two clubs have agreed a fee and given us permission to talk to Birmingham.

"We fully expect the deal to be completed either this weekend or the start of next week."

giggsy11

« Reply #1707 on: May 14, 2010, 07:46:25 PM »
Good-first dead weight out, berbasoft you next?

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: May 15, 2010, 10:59:52 AM »
Good-first dead weight out, berbasoft you next?

Could only hope someone da generous. I go take round half d money now yes - bank round 20 mil in 2 transfers and reinvest it in d squad - da go do for me :)

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: May 18, 2010, 02:21:45 PM »
Manchester United player ratings - ESPN Soccernet

By Richard Jolly

With another term coming to end, and a summer holiday dominated by the World Cup fast approaching, it seems an appropriate time to deliver those all-important report cards for the Premier League elite.

So which players excelled themselves, and which were left fearing the hairdryer treatment on a weekly basis? Soccernet's team of writers deliver their marks out of ten.

Wayne Rooney - 9.5. Apart from getting injured at a rather inconvenient moment, he could do no wrong. Scored 34 goals and, at times, seemed more significant than that haul indicated. Led the line with bullish determination, sometimes without sufficient support, and became the talisman of the side. Nothing symbolised his new-found ruthlessness quite like his return in the air, scoring more headed goals in a month than he had in the rest of his career. It was a brilliant response to the loss of Cristiano Ronaldo.

Patrice Evra - 8. One error in the Allianz Arena, leading to Ivica Olic's goal, aside, he had an almost flawless campaign. Evra's consistency goes unremarked these days; it is simply taken for granted. It extended, vitally, to his fitness in a season when all other defenders fell by the wayside. It was a sign of the Frenchman's status at Old Trafford that he captained United at times, including in the Carling Cup final.

Darren Fletcher - 8. The most improved player in the Premier League last season merely maintained his standards. But that, in turn, elevated his reputation; last year was no one-off. Influential displays against Arsenal, Manchester City, AC Milan and Liverpool cemented his standing as a big-game player.

Paul Scholes - 8. To think that Sir Alex Ferguson had to talk him out of retirement. Scholes had a superlative second half of the season, delivering crucial goals - two against Manchester City alone - and showing that few can pass the ball with such accuracy or penetration. He still can't tackle, but he still can play.

Antonio Valencia - 7.5. An encouraging first year at Old Trafford. Ignore the obvious Ronaldo comparisons and Valencia showed himself to be a highly accomplished right winger. Sheer speed, accurate delivery and considerable consistency made him a fine signing.

Nani - 7.5. Initially a cause of exasperation and then one of encouragement. He began badly, vanished, seemingly for good, mid-season and returned to finish the year terrifically well. Vital end-of-season goals, against Tottenham and Sunderland, and some hugely impressive displays in crucial games against Arsenal and Bayern Munich suggested a player finally turning potential into potent performances.

Ryan Giggs - 7. He still has the turn of pace and influence of a younger man. Started the season well, with a trio of outstanding displays against Arsenal, Tottenham and Manchester City, and, after a mid-season dip in form, ended it excellently; witness the nerveless penalties against Spurs. Like Paul Scholes, certainly merits his new one-year deal.

Edwin van der Sar - 7. His appearances were limited by injury and his wife's illness, but Van der Sar's 21 games brought 12 clean sheets, some fine saves and the reminder that he is a marked improvement on Tomasz Kuszczak and Ben Foster. Turns 40 this year, but there were few signs of decline.

Nemanja Vidic - 6.5. The United Players' Player of the Year in 2009 couldn't retain his title. Vidic was uncharacteristically uncertain in autumn, picking up his now habitual red card against Fernando Torres, and was among the umpteen absentees in December. But the final ten weeks of the campaign brought a return to his redoubtable best.

Jonny Evans - 6. Reasonable rather than remarkable. He didn't have the impact of the previous campaign but being Rio Ferdinand's deputy seems a guarantee of fairly regular first-team football. A new contract means he should be United's future, but Evans doesn't always impose himself now and tends to look more comfortable with Nemanja Vidic alongside him.

Darron Gibson - 6. Featured more often, but not quite a breakthrough year. Five goals from 12 starts is testament to Gibson's shooting power, but even with Owen Hargreaves missing for all bar 36 seconds of the season and Anderson often unavailable, he didn't force himself into the starting XI too often. And when he did, he was often back on the bench soon.

Gary Neville - 6. Fared better than many feared against Ronaldinho and Craig Bellamy but his supposed renaissance was rather exaggerated, as Florent Malouda showed, and some of Sir Alex Ferguson's more flowing tributes rather unnecessary. But with John O'Shea and Wes Brown often injured, he figured more than might have been predicted and probably deserved a new contract. Just.

Wes Brown - 5.5. A frustrating, stop-start season which, like many in his career, was disrupted by injuries. Called "the best natural defender in the country" by Sir Alex Ferguson, he is nonetheless the fourth-choice centre back and, seemingly, in a four-horse race for the right back spot.

John O'Shea - 5.5. Captained United in their opening league game against Birmingham but, in another unusual development, sat out most of the season. The thigh injury incurred on international duty in November was the most serious of his United career. A first choice last season, it may have reduced him to the rank of odd-job man again.

Park Ji-sung - 5.5. The scorer of United's final goal of the season, the South Korean's only other strikes came in the marquee games against Arsenal, AC Milan and Liverpool. It marked a golden two-month spell in an otherwise undistinguished campaign for a player who reiterated his usefulness on the big stage but, by being ineffectual at the start and end of the year, was still overtaken by Nani and Antonio Valencia.

Dimitar Berbatov - 5. The great enigma managed some delightful touches and a goal every other league start, but failed to score in Europe or against a side in the top seven. Consigned to the bench against most of the more demanding opponents and selected from the start against the lesser sides, he remains more of a problem than a solution.

Rafael da Silva - 5. A year that will probably be remembered for his red card against Bayern Munich. Like the dismissal, that is a shame for Rafael, whose sense of adventure means he can offer much, but a greater sense of judgment is required.

Rio Ferdinand - 5. Chronic back and calf problems limited him to just 12 league starts but, in an awful autumn, his form was as much of a concern as his fitness. Got the England captaincy by default, but the last couple of months have shown glimpses why he and Nemanja Vidic came to be regarded as the finest defensive partnership in the Premier League.

Michael Owen - 5. A season of three highs - against Manchester City, Wolfsburg and Aston Villa - in an otherwise demoralising campaign, where excellent finishes were sandwiched by mediocrity and anonymity. The fact he started so few league games - just five - told a tale in itself. Only really looks a back-up now.

Anderson 4.5. It can be easy to forget Anderson ended last season as an integral part of the midfield. This year has contained a cruciate knee ligament injury, a reported falling-out with Sir Alex Ferguson and too few influential displays. A belated first United goal, at Tottenham, may be the only highlight.

Michael Carrick - 4.5. Started slowly, as has become his tradition, but ended terribly, which has not. Obviously lost Sir Alex Ferguson's trust as well as his place after erring in both legs of the Champions League quarter-final against Bayern Munich. Never seemed more important than when he was bringing a stately elegance to his time as an emergency centre back, but seems to have regressed as a midfielder.

Ben Foster - 3. An abject year. He could have been first choice for Manchester United and England; instead, Foster ranks well behind Edwin van der Sar and Tomasz Kuszczak at Old Trafford now after he made a series of mistakes in his run in the team. Will leave this summer.

1]; } ?>