April 29, 2024, 03:43:00 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 922945 times)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #1710 on: May 18, 2010, 10:13:58 PM »
agree with the ratings..except Nev instead of 6 would have gotten 7 from me because he is 35 and did extremely well this season..Almost got an England World Cup call up at 35...locked off some big players alot younger and fitter than him...didnt get caught out or got sent off like the kid(Rafael)... boosted our Prem challenge and had a very commendable campaign

And Berba's rating to me was low but thats just how it is with Berba...some people just dont like his style...I for 1 love his individual style of play but his style of play with United's style of play doesnt work...I am hoping he can have a big season next year but Fergie must play him week in week out with Rooney in a 4-4-2 to allow Berba's magic to gel with United's style of play

Btw..Fergie has hinted he may only buy 1 player... shocking really..I hope he's bluffing everyone..we need another Rooney type striker(mobile,passionate,goalscorer)

Benzema and Villa fit the bill but Villa's off to Barca so thats over...I'd take Benzema.... Berba is not an impact player so If Fergie decides to keep him on the bench alot It wouldnt make any sense to me... the only way he can change a game is if he comes on into a 4-4-2 alongside a Rooney or a wazza style player... he cant come on in a 4-5-1 and go up top and expect results...

We need 2 players..2 world class players...we lost 2 in Ronaldo and Tevez and have yet to replace them... We need Modric or David Silva and a world class Striker

we dont buy and Rooney gets injured at any point of 10/11 we are dead and buried..congrats Chelsea... dont blow it Gaffer..bring us some quality

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: May 18, 2010, 11:11:25 PM »
Sir Alex Ferguson may limit Manchester United signings
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/8691007.stm

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has said he may not add any more players to his squad this summer.

Ferguson has already signed Mexico's Javier Hernandez from Guadalajara and defender Chris Smalling from Fulham.

But a host of more signings were expected, particularly after chief executive David Gill indicated funds are available to his manager.

"There may be one signing but it's not easy in the present climate. The market is very difficult," said Ferguson.

Speaking alongside Gill at a press conference in New York to promote United's four-game North American tour this summer, Ferguson added: "The structure of our squad is good in terms of ages, the balance, the numbers and there's a lot of good young players.

"Sometimes you have to trust in the development of the last few years and I'm going to stick with that, or most of it."

Gill added: "The Premier League is bringing in squad limits next year of 25 but there will be unlimited under-21s and other rules and we'll be taking all that into consideration."

Ferguson revealed he would not be replacing goalkeeper Ben Foster, instead promoting England Under-21 international Ben Amos to the first-team squad alongside Edwin Van der Sar and Tomasz Kuszczak.

Foster is close to completing a £6m move to Birmingham, having missed out on England's squad for the World Cup in South Africa.

"When we decided to let Ben (Foster) go, we were in the process of letting a good young goalkeeper, Ben Amos, go out on loan," Ferguson said.

"He's in the England Under-21 team but we can only accommodate three goalkeepers. So when the situation with Ben's future at Manchester United came into it and we agreed to let him go, we stopped Ben Amos from going on loan.

"He will now be our third goalkeeper, he's very talented and has a good future ahead of him."

Supporters' groups opposed to the Glazer family's ownership of Manchester United have argued that Ferguson's transfer dealings are being limited by the level of debt carried by the club.

But Gill said: "We're very confident the business model we have in place will ensure the club can continue to compete at the top of football for many years to come."

"Our season ticket sales, renewals, for this upcoming season are on track with previous years. Our executive ticket renewals are on track," he said.

"The owners have been true to their word since they took over the club in 2005. They've brought commercial expertise and commercial benefit to us in a numbers of areas, and we've seen our revenues grow significantly."

The club's summer tour will begin with a training camp in Chicago followed by friendlies against Celtic in Toronto on 16 July, the Philadelphia Union in Philadelphia on 21 July, the Kansas City Wizards in Kansas four days later, and the MLS All-Stars in Houston on 28 July.

Ferguson will give his World Cup players leave of absence from the tour, which will move on to Mexico and a game against Guadalajara, which was agreed as part of the deal to sign 21-year-old forward Hernandez.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: May 19, 2010, 01:51:35 AM »
Fergie better not play the F@8king arse and talk that bullshit in the transfer window. I would like to see some new blood in the team for next season.

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: May 19, 2010, 04:41:00 PM »
agree with the ratings..except Nev instead of 6 would have gotten 7 from me because he is 35 and did extremely well this season..Almost got an England World Cup call up at 35...locked off some big players alot younger and fitter than him...didnt get caught out or got sent off like the kid(Rafael)... boosted our Prem challenge and had a very commendable campaign

And Berba's rating to me was low but thats just how it is with Berba...some people just dont like his style...I for 1 love his individual style of play but his style of play with United's style of play doesnt work...I am hoping he can have a big season next year but Fergie must play him week in week out with Rooney in a 4-4-2 to allow Berba's magic to gel with United's style of play

Btw..Fergie has hinted he may only buy 1 player... shocking really..I hope he's bluffing everyone..we need another Rooney type striker(mobile,passionate,goalscorer)

Benzema and Villa fit the bill but Villa's off to Barca so thats over...I'd take Benzema.... Berba is not an impact player so If Fergie decides to keep him on the bench alot It wouldnt make any sense to me... the only way he can change a game is if he comes on into a 4-4-2 alongside a Rooney or a wazza style player... he cant come on in a 4-5-1 and go up top and expect results...

We need 2 players..2 world class players...we lost 2 in Ronaldo and Tevez and have yet to replace them... We need Modric or David Silva and a world class Striker

we dont buy and Rooney gets injured at any point of 10/11 we are dead and buried..congrats Chelsea... dont blow it Gaffer..bring us some quality

Berba to me hadda go yes - he hasn't proved himself consistently in any aspect (playing alone, alongside anyone, starting, off the bench, being clinical on the ground and in the air, impacting the game against the better teams, closing down defenders, energy & movement, beating players). If anything he might jus get lucky by no one wanting to him enough and there not being anything reasonable for Utd to buy. But he actually seemed to digress from his first year (which was already disappointing) and his confidence hit new lows in the last months of the seasons. Considering I always thought he was overrated and never wanted Utd to sign him (for a near record  breaking fee no less) - just makes me even moreso want him to be replaced.

Neville had an ok season in the time that he got. He was solid enough in the games against the lesser teams. But he got found out against Chelsea and Bayern. Malouda and Ribery gave him a bit of a run around - and his judgement (much like Rafael) had to be questioned after that inexplicable handball at the Allianz.

To me the 2 main needs for this team are striker and central midfielder. Our over reliance on Rooney and resorting to major minutes for Scholes and Giggs said it all really. As of now we have Hernandez, Smalling, Obertan, Tosic, Diouf, Gibson and Macheda as possible contributors for next season (with some possibility that Ferguson may promote some others of the reserve/youth squad). Personally, from last season's signings - I'd like to see Obertan & Diouf get sufficient time and hopefully Tosic is brought back as well. I'm not sold on Gibson and Macheda has stagnated a bit since his breakout a couple seasons ago. He has the potential, but he's not exceptionally quick and seems to rely too much on good service to score goals (he can do to put on a bit more size as well). I saw him play live, and I could see the potential and he's still a young lad so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I assume perhaps Fergie is contemplating with going with some combination of Rooney, Hernandez, Berbatov, Owen, Macheda & Diouf in the starting 18. It's not the worst pool to choose from - but compared to the elite teams in Europe - it's pretty unproven and lightweight.

If we only signed 2 quality players in the CM and ST positions this off-season I would be satisfied enough.

Players along the lines of Suarez at Striker and Milner in CM (and perhaps Lloris next summer depending on what happens with Kuszczak) - plus trimming the likes of Berbatov & Carrick from the squad whilst blooding some younger players and I think we could be ok to compete on all fronts - if not necessarily be at the level of Barca, Real Madrid or Inter.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 08:37:00 PM by xixgon »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: May 20, 2010, 11:36:51 AM »
got my tickets for United Celtic in Toronto this morning...half line..awesome

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: May 20, 2010, 01:06:49 PM »

We've got ticks to the left of the Manchester Goal, go see yu dey :devil:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: May 21, 2010, 02:08:05 AM »

Is too bad they had to have it in a World Cup year yes, go be missing all or most of those guys.

I go say a lineup (barring new, non WC signings) along the lines of:

VDS/Kuz

Rafael/Neville    Evans    Smalling    O'Shea/Fabio

Valencia      Scholes/Giggs   Gibson/Hargreaves     Obertan

Berbatov/Diouf     Macheda   

« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 02:09:36 AM by xixgon »

giggsy11

« Reply #1717 on: May 21, 2010, 08:09:11 AM »
Refuse to give the Glazers my money!

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: May 21, 2010, 08:27:25 AM »

I was thinking the same thing but I've followed ManU since I was a kid with my dad and this might be the only time I get to see them live. :devil:

giggsy11

« Reply #1719 on: May 21, 2010, 08:51:38 AM »

I was thinking the same thing but I've followed ManU since I was a kid with my dad and this might be the only time I get to see them live. :devil:

Thank God i was fortunate to see them when they first came in 03 pre Glazers. I will not spend another cent, I even stop buying the magazines. I don't like the direction the team is going in at all and it will get worse before it gets better when Ferguson leave. To much success on the field not to be able to afford better players.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: May 21, 2010, 09:15:05 AM »

Is too bad they had to have it in a World Cup year yes, go be missing all or most of those guys.

VDS/Kuz

yea that's the lame thing..luckily I've seen them in Old Trafford before so I'm not too bothered...Only reason I'm going cuz my Grandmother lives in Toronto so it's easier money wise for me to make the trip

I think Hernandez will be on the tour... I read that somewhere...If we buy any non WC players they will be there too..Maybe Benzema and Modric  :D

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: May 21, 2010, 12:36:35 PM »

Thank God i was fortunate to see them when they first came in 03 pre Glazers. I will not spend another cent, I even stop buying the magazines. I don't like the direction the team is going in at all and it will get worse before it gets better when Ferguson leave. To much success on the field not to be able to afford better players.

Well, cah do nuttin now about it.  ManU4 Everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :devil:

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: May 21, 2010, 03:31:29 PM »

VDS/Kuz

yea that's the lame thing..luckily I've seen them in Old Trafford before so I'm not too bothered...Only reason I'm going cuz my Grandmother lives in Toronto so it's easier money wise for me to make the trip

I think Hernandez will be on the tour... I read that somewhere...If we buy any non WC players they will be there too..Maybe Benzema and Modric  :D

Yeah he may dependin on how far Mexico reaches - he's been playin a lot of football though between Chivas and the warm-up matches - if anyting he might come in later in the tour yes.

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: May 24, 2010, 03:28:19 PM »
Park Ji Sung scoring the opening goal in an international friendly vs. Japan (South Korea won 2-0).

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/W5hpcSLIBqc&amp;fmt=18" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/W5hpcSLIBqc&amp;fmt=18</a>

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: May 25, 2010, 11:45:42 AM »
Park Ji Sung scoring the opening goal in an international friendly vs. Japan (South Korea won 2-0).

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/W5hpcSLIBqc&amp;fmt=18" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/W5hpcSLIBqc&amp;fmt=18</a>

Nice goal- ball took a wicked hop right before the goalkeeper...

Almost didn't recognize him with the haircut...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1725 on: June 01, 2010, 03:40:17 PM »
Nani Goal vs. Cameroon.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4zo_AYXO5-A&amp;fmt=18" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4zo_AYXO5-A&amp;fmt=18</a>
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 03:42:01 PM by xixgon »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: June 01, 2010, 04:55:31 PM »
Nani Goal vs. Cameroon.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4zo_AYXO5-A&amp;fmt=18" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4zo_AYXO5-A&amp;fmt=18</a>

Delightful little chip. Boss Goal!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: June 14, 2010, 08:19:49 PM »
What's the True Story Behind Nani's World Cup KO? - by the Republik of Mancunia Blog

On June 6th, Nani picked up a shoulder injury in training which wasn’t believed to be serious. “I feel better already,” the player said before setting off for South Africa. His only concern was whether he would be ready to play in the friendly against Mozambique.

However, two days later, it was confirmed that the injury was in fact so bad that he was no longer able to compete in the World Cup. Bear in mind this was a whole week before Portugal’s opening game, two weeks before Portugal’s second game and 17 days before their final group stage match. It was therefore assumed in the press that the injury had to be really serious, otherwise the manager would take a gamble on his returning fitness. Nani had a great second half to the season for United so this World Cup had come just at the right time for him.

Nani was replaced by Benfica’s Ruben Amorim, a 25-year-old central midfielder who started just 10 of his 24 league appearances last season as he struggles to hold down a first team place, who has never represented his country. Considering Portugal were so severely lacking in options, it seemed to point to the fact Nani must have really hurt himself and be out for the long term for him to be removed from the squad.

However, upon returning from South Africa, our winger claimed: “I will be fine in a week.” If that really is the case, Nani would have only missed Portugal’s opening game against the Ivory Coast and would have been available for the remaining two group stage games, as well as any possible further matches in the competition.

Unsurprisingly, tongues started wagging, with the media and fans trying to explain why on earth one of Portugal’s best players had been sent home when apparently not very injured at all. Nani had spoken of his “bitterness” and “rage” at having to leave South Africa, which only added to the speculation. Some rumours claimed he had failed a random drugs test whilst others claimed he had fallen out with Carlos Queiroz, although both whispers have been denied today.

“The rumours going around are without foundation,” said Luis Horta, the head of anti-doping authority in Portugal.

The vice-president of the Portuguese federation was equally as baffled as to where the talk had originated from.

“There is no attempting to hide anything, there was only the hope that he could have recovered,” said Amandio de Carvalho.

Carlos Queiroz has today talked about the fuss surrounding Nani, claiming that quite frankly, Portugal have more important things to worry about.

“Tomorrow, we are going to be playing the Ivory Coast in our first game in the World Cup,” said Queiroz. “If Nani is ready in four days, that’s wonderful, but the most important thing is for us to focus on our goal tomorrow. So, with all due respect to Nani, that is what we are focusing on.”

So, what’s gone on here? My interpretation would be something like this: Nani is massively pissed off at being replaced by a nobody in the World Cup team, particularly given how hard he has worked to get there and how confident he is in his own ability to shine. He will have believed he could recover faster than the doctors were telling him would, so upon returning from his 16 hour journey, thoroughly pissed off, claimed he would be available in a week. This of course lead to sensationalised rumours because people were trying to make sense of a situation that didn’t make much sense at all.

It’s a desperately disappointing situation for him and we of course do wish him a speedy recovery. Although, it is good to note that he’s got his club head on him now.

“I want to recover well and start the season with my club, have a good pre-season and be in good form for the start of the season in England,” Nani said today. Good lad.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: June 15, 2010, 03:01:40 PM »

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: July 05, 2010, 11:12:49 PM »
Hernandez in loan link
Striker's father not ruling out loan switch

Javier Hernandez's father has admitted he cannot rule out the possibility of the Manchester United striker going out on loan this season, with Valencia understood to be interested.

The Red Devils agreed a deal to sign the Mexico international back in April, which looks an increasingly astute piece of business after he shone at the World Cup.

Hernandez has been granted a work permit and is set to link up with his new team-mates at Old Trafford later this month, but speculation has now surfaced that he could be sent out on loan.

It is not clear how regularly Hernandez would play for United this term considering the other attacking resources at Sir Alex Ferguson's disposal, especially as he has never played in Europe before and is still not the finished article at the age of 22.

Valencia are known to be on the lookout for new forwards after being forced to sell some of their prized assets, including David Villa, David Silva and Nikola Zigic.

Reports suggest they are keen to sort out a loan deal for Hernandez and his father, also named Javier, does not believe it is an idea that can be dismissed lightly.

"This could be a positive solution for the adaptation of Javier into European football," the youngster's father told Televisa.

"Contacts exist but Manchester have still not decided anything about the subject.

"Javier's first season in England will not be easy. Perhaps the loan option is not madness."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_6245657,00.html

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: July 07, 2010, 11:33:17 PM »
Moratti - United want Sneijder
But Dutch star ready to commit to Inter until 2015

Inter Milan president Massimo Moratti has confirmed that Manchester United are interested in midfielder Wesley Sneijder.

The 26-year-old Holland international has been linked with a move to the Premier League side following an impressive World Cup.

Sneijder, whose Inter contract expires in 2013, has fired the Dutch to the final in South Africa and will be hoping the Oranje can go all the way for the first time in their history.

He also had a great domestic campaign with the Nerazzurri last term, as under the stewardship of Jose Mourinho Inter won a remarkable treble, which included the UEFA Champions League title.

Former Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is now in charge at the San Siro following Mourinho's departure to Real Madrid, and the Spaniard will not want to lose one of his prize assets.

But Moratti has confirmed the Red Devils are hot on his trail, even if Inter do not want to sell.

"The interest from Manchester United in Sneijder is real, but I didn't look into it in an attempt not to fall into temptation," Moratti told Sky Sport Italia.

"I'm following him at the World Cup and I think I'll do the same also at Inter for the next years."

However, Sneijder, formerly of Ajax and Real Madrid, is ready to commit his future to the club until 2015, according to his agent Soren Lerby.

Lerby told De Telegraaf: "Wesley could stay at Inter until 2015. After the World Cup, we will go to Milan, we will sit around a table with the officials."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6250229,00.html

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: July 20, 2010, 05:17:32 PM »

Nike Football Presents - The Code Red Series - Manchester United Preseason Preparations

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KTnFNsBvv9w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KTnFNsBvv9w</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hSzUpyE7SGU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hSzUpyE7SGU</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xVHfxrC7s4w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xVHfxrC7s4w</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hGedFwyfr-o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hGedFwyfr-o</a>

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: August 05, 2010, 06:15:16 PM »
United heavily linked with Ozil.... according to widespread reports a deal could be done by Monday....would be a great addition

Squad hitting form btw...slammed an Irish XI 7-1 last night

Chicharito finding the net again  ;D ... he was very impressive....almost everyone was class....Valencia was on fire and a great finish by Owen.....

We are in much better shape this season and expect us to retain our title....Ozil would drastically help our chances as he would add variety....we can play a 4-2-3-1 which is Fergie's favoured formation in bigger games...would be a great attacking mid behind Rooney

Chicharito's gonna be a star ..... buying the new kit next week...Chicharito 14  ;D

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: August 05, 2010, 07:51:08 PM »
dude it was a shitty irish XI.

jabloteh was beating dat.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: August 05, 2010, 07:55:29 PM »

ok bossman....study Chelsea lost 4 out of 4 though

bring on Sunday

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: August 05, 2010, 08:00:35 PM »

LOL @ JAB
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: August 05, 2010, 09:14:17 PM »
United heavily linked with Ozil.... according to widespread reports a deal could be done by Monday....would be a great addition

Squad hitting form btw...slammed an Irish XI 7-1 last night

Chicharito finding the net again  ;D ... he was very impressive....almost everyone was class....Valencia was on fire and a great finish by Owen.....

We are in much better shape this season and expect us to retain try regain our Chelsea title....Ozil would drastically help our chances as he would add variety....we can play a 4-2-3-1 which is Fergie's favoured formation in bigger games...would be a great attacking mid behind Rooney

Chicharito's gonna be a star ..... buying the new kit next week...Chicharito 14  ;D
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: August 11, 2010, 12:46:20 PM »
Very curious link on the official Man Utd website:

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={FE60904B-C2A8-4E60-9B05-700DBBC29BBC}&section=playerProfile&teamid=&bioid=94383

Wud be funny if dey get brace  ;D

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: August 11, 2010, 01:29:31 PM »

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={FE60904B-C2A8-4E60-9B05-700DBBC29BBC}&section=playerProfile&teamid=&bioid=94383

holy shit,  :o hmmmmm, we shall see
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: August 11, 2010, 02:02:30 PM »

The United Web manager released a statement today saying their is a glitch in the system when a name is listed in the transfer gossip section a player ID is formed....It's happened in the past...caught me the first time big time lol

and if he brace us he is a c**t

1]; } ?>