April 29, 2024, 06:37:21 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 923492 times)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #1770 on: August 18, 2010, 04:08:10 PM »
even if we wanted a player and failed to get them, that does not mean we are gonna fail to win trophies... Man.United players has consistently proven why they are the best team in England. Ok so Chelski won last season by a POINT with all their money and big name players. whoopie doo. cyber stueps

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: August 18, 2010, 09:13:30 PM »
Yuh mean like Ronaldinho  :devil:

Or Arjen Robben, John Obi Mikel or Michael Essien??  :devil: :devil:

Haha so Utd can't compete with Chelsea financially - tha eh exactly breakin news - and I see no shame in that. No shame either in gettin 12 million in compensation for a player (Mikel) that up to now has not fulfilled his much vaunted potential :)

Sure I woulda loved Essien and Robben - but if Utd had the same money that Chelsea did - who do you really tink the players would have chosen at the end of the day?

If a team beats u based on prestige das one ting - but cause they can pay more or players favour another league or country? Wa yuh go do yes.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: August 18, 2010, 10:25:48 PM »
Doh forget the players also lookin at livin in London, Madrid, Barcelona, Milan vs Manchester.
This is not as important as the club that they thinkin of playing for, but it matters for some more than others.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: August 19, 2010, 01:13:46 AM »
Doh forget the players also lookin at livin in London, Madrid, Barcelona, Milan vs Manchester.
This is not as important as the club that they thinkin of playing for, but it matters for some more than others.
I guess Tevez chose club over location.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: August 19, 2010, 10:19:28 AM »

tevez left a tiny club to go big one with more fans  to win trophies and play in europe daiz all.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: August 19, 2010, 10:25:48 AM »

tevez left a tiny club to go big one with more fans  to win trophies and play in europe daiz all.

Tevez left because he had enough of Ferguson and he prickness...

He's not the first and wont be the last.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: August 19, 2010, 11:44:12 AM »

Haha so Utd can't compete with Chelsea financially - tha eh exactly breakin news - and I see no shame in that. No shame either in gettin 12 million in compensation for a player (Mikel) that up to now has not fulfilled his much vaunted potential :)

Sure I woulda loved Essien and Robben - but if Utd had the same money that Chelsea did - who do you really tink the players would have chosen at the end of the day?

If a team beats u based on prestige das one ting - but cause they can pay more or players favour another league or country? Wa yuh go do yes.

That money argument pissing me off now. This is a business and it is not Chelsea fault that Abramovich saw a better investment in Chelsea than he did Man Utd or any other EPL team. Why did the Glasers choose Man Utd to off load there debts. This is business, why would you not spend your money to make your product/business better if you can. In every business the idea is to be better than your competition, whether it's spending money, improving facilities or bringing top notch employees, the underlying factor is to be more successful than the next competitor. When Man Utd paid 30 mill for Ferdinand who has done absolutely nothing or the same for Berbatov who finally scored vs New Castle, or Anderson who is relegated to the bench. Using that Chelsea has more money or spend more money is such a cop out, but you will expect that from you lot. Everyone bemoans Wenger for not spending and in the same breath mouth off on Chelsea and Man City for spending.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: August 19, 2010, 01:06:43 PM »
Everyone bemoans Wenger for not spending and in the same breath mouth off on Chelsea and Man City for spending.

:beermug:
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

giggsy11

« Reply #1778 on: August 19, 2010, 08:36:33 PM »

Actually United's not getting Robben paved the way for them to get Ronaldo. I would take Ronaldo over Robben any day! And if memory serves my right Chelski over paid for Robben after Kenyon hijacked the deal when he went to Chelski.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 09:27:17 PM by giggsy11 »

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: August 19, 2010, 09:55:34 PM »

That money argument pissing me off now. This is a business and it is not Chelsea fault that Abramovich saw a better investment in Chelsea than he did Man Utd or any other EPL team. Why did the Glasers choose Man Utd to off load there debts. This is business, why would you not spend your money to make your product/business better if you can. In every business the idea is to be better than your competition, whether it's spending money, improving facilities or bringing top notch employees, the underlying factor is to be more successful than the next competitor. When Man Utd paid 30 mill for Ferdinand who has done absolutely nothing or the same for Berbatov who finally scored vs New Castle, or Anderson who is relegated to the bench. Using that Chelsea has more money or spend more money is such a cop out, but you will expect that from you lot. Everyone bemoans Wenger for not spending and in the same breath mouth off on Chelsea and Man City for spending.

Haha, I never said there was anything wrong with teams flexing their financial muscle - I was just responding to the claim that players chose Chelsea over Utd based on merit and not other mitigating factors.

That Chelsea and City can lure players away from Utd with relatively limitless resources is clearly an advantage to them - and coupled with Utd's questionable track record with big name signings in the past - has led to more of a focus on investing in starlets to ingrain in the Utd culture from a young age. Whether many of these players will pan out remains to be seen - but with the current debt - Utd simply cannot afford to spend what other clubs can even if they wanted to.

Is this an excuse - no. It is a reason as to why clubs like Chelsea have caught up to Utd and why clubs like Arsenal have won nothing in years. Utd have dominated the EPL for 3 of the past 4 seasons and came within 2 points of winning it again despite losing their best player/the worst injury spell in memory and without much strengthening. Money helps - but Utd will always be competitive - even if their scouting department now has to work on overtime to unearth under-the-radar type players.

I can't hate though - City have a pretty decent prospective lineup, on paper at least (not sure bout Kompany being left out).

« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 10:05:15 PM by xixgon »

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: August 19, 2010, 10:02:01 PM »

Actually United's not getting Robben paved the way for them to get Ronaldo. I would take Ronaldo over Robben any day! And if memory serves my right Chelski over paid for Robben after Kenyon hijacked the deal when he went to Chelski.

Haha, na well I woulda taken both. Ronaldo on the left and Robben on the right - that would have been a deadly combination - though possibly just as much so in the locker room and defensively. From an attacking standpoint though - those 2 are probably the premier wingers of the 2000's.

But fuh real you would really have to wonder, what would have happened if Kenyon had not reportedly mucked up both that and the Ronaldinho deals. Not that Utd have exactly suffered unduly since then :)

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: August 20, 2010, 06:12:07 AM »

Haha, I never said there was anything wrong with teams flexing their financial muscle - I was just responding to the claim that players chose Chelsea over Utd based on merit and not other mitigating factors.

That Chelsea and City can lure players away from Utd with relatively limitless resources is clearly an advantage to them - and coupled with Utd's questionable track record with big name signings in the past - has led to more of a focus on investing in starlets to ingrain in the Utd culture from a young age. Whether many of these players will pan out remains to be seen - but with the current debt - Utd simply cannot afford to spend what other clubs can even if they wanted to.

Is this an excuse - no. It is a reason as to why clubs like Chelsea have caught up to Utd and why clubs like Arsenal have won nothing in years. Utd have dominated the EPL for 3 of the past 4 seasons and came within 2 points of winning it again despite losing their best player/the worst injury spell in memory and without much strengthening. Money helps - but Utd will always be competitive - even if their scouting department now has to work on overtime to unearth under-the-radar type players.

I can't hate though - City have a pretty decent prospective lineup, on paper at least (not sure bout Kompany being left out).

doh study them, utd brand does come through no matter which players we have. If we can't afford to pay big money for each and every player so be it, we have to choose who to splash the cash on even though it dont always work out- but guess what we does still win.

What Real win last year? how much CL titles chelsea win since Abram take over with he billions?
Some players like the hype and big money associated with some of the clubs, but look at those players, how much of them are really loyal to a club, how many identify with the passion of the fans? They cant compare to men like Giggs, Raul, Lampard, Gerrad etc.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: August 22, 2010, 08:55:47 AM »
game today again fellas , we playing Fulham at 11pm est

live feeds

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=83721&part=sports

http://www.atdhe.net/
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: August 22, 2010, 09:15:42 AM »
scholes with a rocket 1 nil. berba playin with some life lol
Youtube Channel

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: August 22, 2010, 10:55:02 AM »
good point fellas, fulham won this fixture the last few times :beermug:

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1785 on: August 22, 2010, 10:57:17 AM »
2 points dropped buh da was justice because da wasn no penalty.  Apart from dat me eh care who vex nah buh Zamora is ah f**kin boss CF.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: August 22, 2010, 10:58:41 AM »
Good fight from Fulham.  Man U didn't look convincing at the back.  Evans was very shaky today.  Notes:  Please, Roy Hudgson, leave Konchesky at Fulham; DO NOT bring him to Liverpool.  fULHAM's number two, Stockdale, is good to go.  Let Schwarzer g, if he wants.  This fella is technically solid.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: August 22, 2010, 10:59:17 AM »
2 points dropped buh da was justice because da wasn no penalty.  Apart from dat me eh care who vex nah buh Zamora is ah f**kin boss CF.

Ref is ah cu*t for giving that.  That is allI have to say.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: August 22, 2010, 11:03:15 AM »
Good fight from Fulham.  Man U didn't look convincing at the back.  Evans was very shaky today.  Notes:  Please, Roy Hudgson, leave Konchesky at Fulham; DO NOT bring him to Liverpool.  fULHAM's number two, Stockdale, is good to go.  Let Schwarzer g, if he wants.  This fella is technically solid.

Ah agree wit yuh on Stockdale.  I hope Fulham doh Borrow Given to put in front of him because de yute lookin very good between de stix to me.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: August 22, 2010, 12:28:00 PM »

Lol.. ent?  Absolute shit call.

Killa, I echo the sentiments... but I am a Zamora supporter so no real surprise there. 

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: August 22, 2010, 01:48:47 PM »
Man U lookin ordinary, I'm happy to say.
Down with Man U!!!

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: August 22, 2010, 02:14:02 PM »
Down with Man U!!!

when i see man like owen and giggs coming off the bench i say lorsss  this is the best fergie have?   manu cannot rely on old man scholes to be firing all season...chicharito still taking time to learn de system he will come good.   manu ent look hot defensively at all...evans look like a school boy today...damn, i hate to say it but right now chelsea looking good to repeat

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: August 22, 2010, 04:37:31 PM »

you is SAF spin doctor?

Fulham pull out two wins last season after 45 years without one and all of a sudden this is a "good point"? And up 2-1 with a chance to go 3?

Nah nah. ManUre standards real drop boy.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: August 22, 2010, 05:47:21 PM »
Arsenal go finish higher than girl U this season.  ;D

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: August 22, 2010, 06:23:00 PM »

you is SAF spin doctor?

Fulham pull out two wins last season after 45 years without one and all of a sudden this is a "good point"? And up 2-1 with a chance to go 3?

All the more reason why the 1 point salvaged by Fullham with the draw, was a "good point".

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: August 22, 2010, 06:38:59 PM »
Arsenal go finish higher than girl U this season.  ;D

underestimate us at your own peril
Youtube Channel

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: August 22, 2010, 07:46:22 PM »

you is SAF spin doctor?

All the more reason why the 1 point salvaged by Fullham with the draw, was a "good point".

It eh a 'good' point - but it eh a horrible result neither. Utd have not won at Fulham in years - and indeed have always had a hard time at the Cottage.

They should have won under the circumstances - but didn't deserve to - and if Fulham won Utd could not have really complained much. It was points dropped - especially since Giggs should have taken the penalty - but Utd were simply not good enough on the day.

Utd always start slowly though - and Chelsea have run up the score against very weak opposition - so it's too early to tell how the season is going to play out.

I still think Utd is lightweight in a couple positions - and obviously need Rooney to return to form - but it seems SAF is set on the core of this team, so I guess we go hadda make due with the question marks.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: August 22, 2010, 07:47:46 PM »
Down with Man U!!!

when i see man like owen and giggs coming off the bench i say lorsss  this is the best fergie have?   manu cannot rely on old man scholes to be firing all season...chicharito still taking time to learn de system he will come good.   manu ent look hot defensively at all...evans look like a school boy today...damn, i hate to say it but right now chelsea looking good to repeat

They selling Chicharito by next 2 years.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: August 22, 2010, 08:09:16 PM »
It eh a 'good' point - but it eh a horrible result neither. Utd have not won at Fulham in years - and indeed have always had a hard time at the Cottage.

They should have won under the circumstances - but didn't deserve to - and if Fulham won Utd could not have really complained much. It was points dropped - especially since Giggs should have taken the penalty - but Utd were simply not good enough on the day.

Utd always start slowly though - and Chelsea have run up the score against very weak opposition - so it's too early to tell how the season is going to play out.

I still think Utd is lightweight in a couple positions - and obviously need Rooney to return to form - but it seems SAF is set on the core of this team, so I guess we go hadda make due with the question marks.

I having a hard time reconciling the inherent inconsistency of men being in absolute agreement that United should have won the game... yet refusing to concede that Fulham did well to earn a point from the fixture.  Under the circumstances Fulham lucky they didn't come away with zero points... that fact that you can argue that ManU dropped points meant that Fulham did well to capitalize on that opportunity.

The "not a good point" position seems to be predicated on the notion that Fulham should be contented with getting any points from United... which is a separate discussion entirely from "they did well to steal a point".
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 08:11:06 PM by Bake n Shark »

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: August 23, 2010, 09:08:43 AM »

Lol.. ent?  Absolute shit call.

Killa, I echo the sentiments... but I am a Zamora supporter so no real surprise there. 

I will admit ah never really pay much attention to him until sometime lass year eh, buh watchin de level of control in his flicks and other passes, the hold up play, and the timing of his runs that man is an absolute boss player and deserve he England call up.  If he stays healthy Capello infatuation with Heskey might come to ah serious halt.  Ah know certain people here eh no fan ah de man buh if we was able to get him to play on the national team in the past we would have benefitted from his football IQ and skills.

1]; } ?>