April 29, 2024, 03:37:42 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 922927 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #1860 on: September 19, 2010, 12:25:51 PM »
Berba  :applause: :applause: different class so far this season! He showing real versatility with his clinical finishing
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: September 19, 2010, 12:32:43 PM »
http://www.eplmatches.com/2010/09/19/man-utd-vs-liverpool-highlights-3/

OH shit look that bicycle  :o damn

That's an overhead kick... not a bicycle.

... nice goal all the same.

Not even go talk about that O'Shea play...

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: September 19, 2010, 12:59:20 PM »
I hate to rehash the obvious, but i eh go lie dem refs is blatantly tief for man u dread..

second half i see webb blow for a foul.. The ball still rolling fast and them fellas just play on without spotting the ball to try to get an advantage.. Webb turn around, watch what happen and just say play on yes.

Then O'shea was supposed to be a red, bet yuh bottom dollar if it was a Liverpool defender did that he woulda get sent off with the quickness.

all this on the back of the ref blowing off a play last week on a goal attempt.

It blatant fellas, blatant!!
SIGH!!!

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: September 19, 2010, 01:11:53 PM »
I hate to rehash the obvious, but i eh go lie dem refs is blatantly tief for man u dread..

second half i see webb blow for a foul.. The ball still rolling fast and them fellas just play on without spotting the ball to try to get an advantage.. Webb turn around, watch what happen and just say play on yes.

Then O'shea was supposed to be a red, bet yuh bottom dollar if it was a Liverpool defender did that he woulda get sent off with the quickness.

:beermug: :beermug:
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: September 19, 2010, 06:50:24 PM »

;)
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: September 19, 2010, 07:48:29 PM »

yeps.....yuh wish yuh shit side cud qualify for them kinda calls eh  ;)  :rotfl:
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: September 20, 2010, 09:05:55 AM »
Just taking my licks until we could get dem two kakahole out ah Anfield. 

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: September 20, 2010, 05:07:49 PM »

yeps.....yuh wish yuh shit side cud qualify for them kinda calls eh  ;)  :rotfl:

Whoever say O'Shea was a red card is jus biased cause it was not a clear goalscorin opportunity - last man don't mean automatic sendin off. The ref determined that there was a good chance that Van Der Sar could have reached the ball first; general obstruction = yellow card - plain and simple.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 05:13:34 PM by xixgon »

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: September 20, 2010, 05:22:14 PM »

Fuh real eh... :beermug: :beermug:
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: September 20, 2010, 08:35:49 PM »
From The Republik of Mancunia Blog:-

After being interview by Sky Sports after our 3-2 win over Liverpool, Dimitar Berbatov gave an interview with a Bulgarian TV network in his native tongue.

Here is the translation, with Berbatov being referred to as Mitko, the name he is known by in his home country.

Mitko you have had a troubled time…

I wouldn’t say troubled. I am not troubled. I am lucky. I have loved my time here.

A disappointing time. Would you say that?

I was disappointed with myself that I could not please all the supporters. I have said before the people of Manchester United are the judges and that is the way it should be. It is their team. I am a guest. A privileged guest.

This season what has changed?

Man, I don’t know but I’m just so happy. So confident. I feel like everything I imagine on the pitch will come true and that feels awesome. I have worked hard on my fitness. So hard. I’m not a weights guy, I’m sure you can see by my body, but I have been trying even to work on that. I ran 6 miles every day during the off season. I watched one World Cup match, went for a run. Then watched another and went for another run. This was my routine.

Wow…you must be tired!

No man that’s the thing. This crowd at Old Trafford. The way I feel right now. I’m not tired. I feel alive. I have always said I am so lucky to play here. For these people. For this manager. For this club. With these players. I can’t describe it man.

It is showing. Keep it up Mitko. What will you do now. Will you watch your goals?

No. Noooooooo! I can’t watch myself. Even when I came off and everyone was applauding I felt so shy. I love it but I don’t know how to react to it. I’m going to go home. Play with my family and maybe watch a movie later. I can’t wait for training. How weird is that?!

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: September 21, 2010, 10:20:20 AM »

Fuh real eh... :beermug: :beermug:

carragher and gerrad?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: September 27, 2010, 08:37:09 AM »
Like men still watching this weekend game or what how dey eh posting.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: September 27, 2010, 09:29:03 AM »
lol not one supporter posted since the game eh.
Things lookin bad in Mancunia.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: September 27, 2010, 09:51:44 AM »
lol not one supporter posted since the game eh.
Things lookin bad in Mancunia.

Is only post everytime Berbatov score a hatrick.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: September 27, 2010, 11:15:21 AM »
They just lucky Elmander didnt poison them when he belt a man in the pk box and sky an easy chance overbars.

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1875 on: September 27, 2010, 04:17:51 PM »
Haha I suppose I could just post the obvious that the team is lacking in key areas - that without Rooney returning to form and/or adequate cover for Scholes and Fletcher Utd aren't as imposing.

That Johnny Evans clearly ain't ready yet, and I startin to worry that he ever will be.

But yet still - Glory Glory Man Utd! 

Now back to absorbin da draw wit d rest a d fellas  :D

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: September 30, 2010, 07:16:15 PM »
Rio returns and we get our first away win and clean sheet in 6 games - no coincidence there.

Too bad the course of our season still probably depends on injury prone, aged and mentally distracted players.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: October 02, 2010, 11:55:03 AM »
Another frogging Tie!!!  >:(

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: October 02, 2010, 07:19:22 PM »
 :heehee:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: October 02, 2010, 07:23:07 PM »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: October 03, 2010, 08:09:54 AM »
Whey....where all the supporters gone. Is only 2 die hard supporters for this thread. I thought real supporters does stick with you through the not-so-good times    :angel:

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: October 03, 2010, 01:19:15 PM »
Least these draws are comin away from home at traditionally difficult places to get 3 points.

They hadda start turnin these results into wins before it's too late though - but at least they defense lookin more solid and they doin what they hadda do at home so far.

The lack of investment in the central midfield continues to baffle me - and the lack of creativity yesterday only furthered that (especially in the light of Van der Vaart/Ozil's performances this season).

But I guess we go hadda jus work with what we have right now yes....wa yuh go do.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 02:29:59 PM by xixgon »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: October 03, 2010, 01:29:47 PM »
 :-\
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: October 04, 2010, 09:44:57 AM »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: October 04, 2010, 12:40:26 PM »
Coca-Cola takes Rooney off cans

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/premierleague/story/wayne-rooney-dropped-by-coca-cola-after-sex-allegations

Coca-Cola will no longer use Wayne Rooney's image on cans and bottles following allegations over the English forward's private life.

Following newspaper allegations that he cheated on his then-pregnant wife with a prostitute, Coca-Cola announced Monday that it had stopped using his image to promote its Coke Zero drink.

''Last month we amended our marketing plans on Coke Zero,'' Coca-Cola said in a statement. ''Given the situation at that time we did not feel it was appropriate to run an on-pack promotion featuring Wayne Rooney.''

A year after a sex scandal that cost golfer Tiger Woods three major corporate sponsors worth millions of dollars, Coca-Cola said that it had not decided whether the move was permanent.

The world's largest soft drink maker added that it will continue to use the Manchester United player for other forms of promotion.

Rooney's contract with Coca-Cola is widely reported to be worth more than 500,000 pounds ($792,000) annually. The company has used the player to endorse the product since 2007.

Rooney has conceded that last month's allegations contributed to his poor start to the Premier League season with United.

Rooney has scored just once in six matches for United, which is third in the Premier League and trails defending champion Chelsea by five points.

United manager Alex Ferguson left Rooney out of last month's match against former club Everton following the allegations to avoid abuse by rival fans.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: October 04, 2010, 04:57:44 PM »
Coca-Cola takes Rooney off cans

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/premierleague/story/wayne-rooney-dropped-by-coca-cola-after-sex-allegations

Coca-Cola will no longer use Wayne Rooney's image on cans and bottles following allegations over the English forward's private life.

Following newspaper allegations that he cheated on his then-pregnant wife with a prostitute, Coca-Cola announced Monday that it had stopped using his image to promote its Coke Zero drink.

''Last month we amended our marketing plans on Coke Zero,'' Coca-Cola said in a statement. ''Given the situation at that time we did not feel it was appropriate to run an on-pack promotion featuring Wayne Rooney.''

A year after a sex scandal that cost golfer Tiger Woods three major corporate sponsors worth millions of dollars, Coca-Cola said that it had not decided whether the move was permanent.

The world's largest soft drink maker added that it will continue to use the Manchester United player for other forms of promotion.

Rooney's contract with Coca-Cola is widely reported to be worth more than 500,000 pounds ($792,000) annually. The company has used the player to endorse the product since 2007.

Rooney has conceded that last month's allegations contributed to his poor start to the Premier League season with United.

Rooney has scored just once in six matches for United, which is third in the Premier League and trails defending champion Chelsea by five points.

United manager Alex Ferguson left Rooney out of last month's match against former club Everton following the allegations to avoid abuse by rival fans.

IT GOOD
(Muslim)

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: October 04, 2010, 06:08:11 PM »
Remember the commercial where Rooney was playing and had a premonition that he was poor and he had full beard? lol It's almost as if it's happening, but in a different way.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: October 16, 2010, 10:19:16 AM »
Look I had to go and bump this thread up from page 3.
Fans that only make noise when they on top are not real fans.

Anyway this is what allyuh good for these days.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: October 16, 2010, 10:24:42 AM »
Glory Glory   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: October 16, 2010, 10:36:11 AM »
Bad result today.We played with some flair in the first half, but it all went pear shaped in the end. An all too familiar story so far. No need to panic yet though...
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

1]; } ?>