March 28, 2024, 03:04:23 AM

Author Topic: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions  (Read 911088 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: The Stretford End- Home of the Champions
« Reply #1950 on: November 01, 2010, 09:00:45 AM »
This from Alan Wiley even in his steadfast defence of Clattenburg...

Tottenham were also unhappy that while their players were waved away by Clattenburg as he spoke to his assistant about the incident at Old Trafford, United defender Rio Ferdinand was not.

And while Wiley conceded that Clattenburg should have also sent Ferdinand away, he did not believe the England skipper's presence had any impact on the decision.

"If you watch it again, although Rio Ferdinand is having a say, if you watch the actual conversations between the referee and the assistant, they almost blanked Rio Ferdinand out," Wiley added.

"I suppose in hindsight if Mark looks at that again he would have probably moved Ferdinand away as well."

BBC

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: November 01, 2010, 09:28:31 AM »
I really doh like to comment on ManUre matters eh, buh da was some real bullshit.  I don't blame Nani for anything he did because most other players seeking a call does grab de ball on their way down or while on the ground.  Buh de ref cah explain away how he could be allowing play to continue when Gomes had to retrieve the ball from Nani's HANDS.  How in de world ref could allow play on is beyond retarded.  Take allyuh win oui, because allyuh need it bad to at least stay close.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: November 01, 2010, 09:54:12 AM »
So wait.
If de ref intended to tief for Man Utd.....

Den why not give the penalty and done?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: November 01, 2010, 10:16:19 AM »
So wait.

Because Nani did not get foul. Show me where he did? The shirt tug? plz
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: November 01, 2010, 10:19:40 AM »
I really doh like to comment on ManUre matters eh, buh da was some real bullshit.  I don't blame Nani for anything he did because most other players seeking a call does grab de ball on their way down or while on the ground.  Buh de ref cah explain away how he could be allowing play to continue when Gomes had to retrieve the ball from Nani's HANDS.  How in de world ref could allow play on is beyond retarded.  Take allyuh win oui, because allyuh need it bad to at least stay close.

d ball was not not in NANI hand when he take it. Plus u assuming the referee see NANI hand the ball?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 10:21:15 AM by D.H.W »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: November 01, 2010, 10:27:11 AM »

d ball was not not in NANI hand when he take it. Plus u assuming the referee see NANI hand the ball?

chelsea for champions ;D ;D ;D :angel: :angel: :devil: :devil: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
I pity the fool....

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: November 01, 2010, 10:28:07 AM »
So wait.

Because Nani did not get foul. Show me where he did? The shirt tug? plz

You missing the point entirely. It had shirt pulling. Nani embelish it. But...if the goal is to "favor United" den.....i think it woulda be FAR simpler to give de penalty for that.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: November 01, 2010, 10:30:25 AM »
So wait.

He forget. That is why Rio did run over, to remind him. :devil:
Check the scene:

Nani: Oh Gawd! Ah Dead!
Ref: Dat man have dropsy...
Gomes: Hand Ball! Free kick! let me put this ball down
Nani: Puts out hands... Ref, like yuh forget?
Ref: Shrugs... Do yuh ting
Gomes: buhwhademudder!
Ref: Runs over to linesman. Why you raise the blasted flag?
Linesman: Sorry boss, ah was hailing out a breds in the stands
Rio: Allyuh eh know me or wha? I is Santana!
Ref: Cool dat nah man! and yuh get ah goal?
Rio: Allyuh just get lucky
Ref: Steups... tweet!

Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline TRUwarrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: November 01, 2010, 10:44:24 AM »
So wait.

He forget. That is why Rio did run over, to remind him. :devil:
Check the scene:

Nani: Oh Gawd! Ah Dead!
Ref: Dat man have dropsy...
Gomes: Hand Ball! Free kick! let me put this ball down
Nani: Puts out hands... Ref, like yuh forget?
Ref: Shrugs... Do yuh ting
Gomes: buhwhademudder!
Ref: Runs over to linesman. Why you raise the blasted flag?
Linesman: Sorry boss, ah was hailing out a breds in the stands
Rio: Allyuh eh know me or wha? I is Santana!
Ref: Cool dat nah man! and yuh get ah goal?
Rio: Allyuh just get lucky
Ref: Steups... tweet!

LOL :rotfl: yuh eh see when he bawl out "ANNNYYYWWWAAAAAAAAAYYY!!! LOL

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: November 01, 2010, 11:48:38 AM »
firstly i am not nitpicking, you play to a whistle and thats final!

what i am saying disgust me most is rio being allowed to talk at the ref n lino while the two are talking it over

fact mere seconds after he shoos away the spurs players he allows a manu player (senior one too) to speak at both of them, with out once gesturing rio away bad image, very bad, no consistency in his officiating

number one thing a reff must do is uphold the SPIRIT of the game

saying it again so you understand

it was a long comedy of errors that i pointed out but highlighted to worst part that was ignored

You are correct with one thing... having viewed the vid again.  Rio was indeed talking to both of them as Clattenburg conferred with the linesman.  I know you find this egregious "especially since Rio's a senior player", but I don't see what the "bad image" talk is all about.  In fact, BECAUSE Rio is a senior player, it makes perfect sense for the ref to allow him more leeway.  I will agree with you that he should have afforded the same to Tottenham, maybe to the Captain or something, or to send away all players.  But to say this was unbecoming or an affront to the image of the game, I don't see that.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: November 01, 2010, 01:02:27 PM »
just gotta say
the most disgusting part of that episode was

not the foul on nani and no whistle

not the fact nani handled the ball no whistle

not the fact gomes placed the ball ten yards further than where nani handled it

not the fact everyone but nani thought it was a dead ball situation

not the fact the ref never looked at his linesman at all and said play on

not the fact that spurs players swarmed the reff like flies on shit

but the fact that rio the manu captain was allowed to harangue the officials while they were talking it over

horrible especially in light that the goal was then allowed

a long comedy of errors but certainly does not bode well that manu captian can hold court with officals during controversy at old trafford

sickening

This is nitpicking at nonsense. 

The foul wasn't clear cut

The ref may have been shielded from seeing the handball

The ball not being properly spotted happens all the time... was 5 yds off at best.

Clearly Nani wasn't the only one who thought it WAS NOT a dead ball situation... or else the ref would have blown his whistle. 

Even had the ref looked at the linesman, from the commentary, the linesman raised his flag well after the goal celebrations had begun. At some point he did see the flag and went over to discuss with the linesman.

The Spurs players were swarming the ref, as well as ManU players.  I wouldn't say that Rio "harangued" the ref... he had no reason to.  He was standing right there listening in, I didn't see him say or do anything... let alone anything out of the ordinary.  The ref indulged the complaints for a long time, maybe too long.  To say Rio was allowed to "hold court" with the officials is plain misleading.

firstly i am not nitpicking, you play to a whistle and thats final!

what i am saying disgust me most is rio being allowed to talk at the ref n lino while the two are talking it over

fact mere seconds after he shoos away the spurs players he allows a manu player (senior one too) to speak at both of them, with out once gesturing rio away bad image, very bad, no consistency in his officiating

number one thing a reff must do is uphold the SPIRIT of the game

saying it again so you understand

it was a long comedy of errors that i pointed out but highlighted to worst part that was ignored

So u eh see that the linesman raised his flag only after the spurs players ran across to him and ruff him up?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: November 01, 2010, 01:13:36 PM »
I not beating around the bush, I will go on record to say that Manchester United and Real Madrid are consistently the biggest beneficiaries of questionable calls in football. I challenged anyone to prove otherwise.

I would add Juventus to that list.  But many peeps on here doh watch Italian ball
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: November 01, 2010, 02:45:27 PM »
palos is only the young'uns don't appreciate Serie A.
The Juve-Inter game in 1997-1998 in particular is the one that stood out for me.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997%E2%80%9398_Serie_A

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: November 01, 2010, 04:35:58 PM »

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: November 02, 2010, 11:45:20 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^
that is hilarious!

love that site!

spursmosexual and "what do you mean you people?"  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug: :rotfl: :devil: :devil: :beermug: :rotfl: :devil:

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: November 02, 2010, 08:20:13 PM »
As a Man U fan myself, I would agree that Nani's handball would usually be called quickly by most refs. Didn't look like he was attempting to continue playing the ball from the ground after he took his hand on it, so if the initial call wasn't made for a penalty or a handball, I see no reason to call it after Gomes picked up the ball. Why the hell would he pick up the ball, not hear a whistle, and decide to place it for a freekick almost 10 yds from where Nani was? I saw the clip Kev is talking about and it looks like the ref was trying to let everyone see he was trying to let them play on. The linesman raising his flag should have only caused Nani to get a yellow card at the next stoppage of play, which was after he scored, if the linesman saw it as intentional handball intended to gain an unfair advantage. Looked like he didn't want to be distracted from his dialogue with the linesman when Rio was standing there. Don't think either of them were paying Rio any attention, but I agree he should also have been waved away.
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: November 02, 2010, 08:54:42 PM »
I not beating around the bush, I will go on record to say that Manchester United and Real Madrid are consistently the biggest beneficiaries of questionable calls in football. I challenged anyone to prove otherwise.

I would add Juventus to that list.  But many peeps on here doh watch Italian ball

Messi does score ball with his hand, Chelsea couldn't buy a penalty call in the CL semi against Barca, and today Victor Valdes hit a man a frankomen 6 peg brave star in he face, man was laid out flat with a concussion for minutes and lo and behold the free kick was awarded to Barca....

Big sides get the calls... simple. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline xixgon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: November 02, 2010, 09:35:51 PM »

Messi does score ball with his hand, Chelsea couldn't buy a penalty call in the CL semi against Barca, and today Victor Valdes hit a man a frankomen 6 peg brave star in he face, man was laid out flat with a concussion for minutes and lo and behold the free kick was awarded to Barca....

Big sides get the calls... simple. 

So you sayin Chelsea is not a big side?  ;D

1) The ref never blew his whistle and never indicated anything but play on - Gomes was at fault.

2) If Gomes thought it was a free kick - why did he walk 10 yards away from the action and drop the ball as if there was no infraction?

3) Nani had no choice but to score in that situation - just as any fan of any team would have wanted their player to do.

Gomes may be a solid goalkeeper - but a deep thinker he is not.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 09:37:36 PM by xixgon »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: November 03, 2010, 07:31:41 AM »

Against Barca, I guess not lol

Point was really that it's not just Madrid and Man U getting the calls... They are most noted because they are the evil empires in football for whatever reason.  Romanticized teams like Barca and Brazil getting referee favors all the time, but they not as notorious for it because of their charming reputation. 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 07:53:36 AM by kicker »

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: November 03, 2010, 07:37:00 AM »

;D

Wicked

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: November 04, 2010, 08:07:54 AM »

Point was really that it's not just Madrid and Man U getting the calls... They are most noted because they are the evil empires in football for whatever reason.  Romanticized teams like Barca and Brazil getting referee favors all the time, but they not as notorious for it because of their charming reputation. 

This is not true kicker, tell me when yuh does see Chelsea or Arsenal in England benefit from the kinda loud controversial calls that Man U does. Admittedly I not seeing as much La Liga football as before, but the kinda calls Real Madrid used to get up to a couple years ago were absurd. I see Raul get penalty kicks late in games where he looked confused for a second what the whistle blow for.

I not talking about no marginal offside goal or a foul in the build up run of the mill type call. I talking about the 7 minutes ghost extra time, the ghost penalty kicks and the frankoment shit calls like that Nani incident that does cause real furore in the press.

And just to clarify i'm talking about ref calls in domestic leagues, Champions League is a different kettle of fish dont get me started on that.

If you really think that year after year is just coincidence I have a prime lot of iceberg to sell you in Matelot.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: November 04, 2010, 08:29:47 AM »
Ok ok...I hear what you're saying

I not saying iz mere coincidence.  I started by saying that in any given game, the bigger side is more likely to get the rub of the green from the ref. 

And I think a phantom call for Madrid makes a bigger impression than a phantom call for Barca because of their reputations in the game, and I see nuff times Barca get ref favors but yuh doh hear the same outcry as when Madrid get the same thing. 

I have to admit that Man U at Old Trafford appear to really get their way when they need it...   

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: November 05, 2010, 03:45:46 PM »
FC United (the Man U breakaway team who play in the 7th tier of English football) just beat Rochdale (League 1) 3-2 in the first round of the FA Cup...they were 2-0 up until Rochdale came back, but United scored in the last minute of injury time...pitch invasion for every goal, lol. bess match  :beermug:
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 03:47:30 PM by Ryan »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: November 05, 2010, 03:50:16 PM »
FC United (the Man U breakaway team who play in the 7th tier of English football) just beat Rochdale (League 1) 3-2 in the first round of the FA Cup...they were 2-0 up until Rochdale came back, but United scored in the last minute of injury time...pitch invasion for every goal, lol. bess match  :beermug:

What that bastard child news doing here?
Youtube Channel

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: November 05, 2010, 03:53:06 PM »

What that bastard child news doing here?
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: November 06, 2010, 09:17:11 AM »
Hargreaves injured again
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #1976 on: November 06, 2010, 10:18:26 AM »
Fergie and his coaches f^ckin up by not playing bebe on the left so he can be comfortable using his left foot to cross. Especially since obertan is a natural right footer. Dey killin the boy confidence by playing him on the right and him strugglin tuh get a cross in.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: November 06, 2010, 10:49:12 AM »
:nailbiting:

:rotfl:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Reaper2004

• Warrior Nation Enforcer
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: November 06, 2010, 10:50:38 AM »
JI SUNG PARK AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! 2-1 UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: November 06, 2010, 10:51:59 AM »
UTD UTD  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: Glory glory :devil:
Youtube Channel

1]; } ?>